MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1121 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 pm

1. BismarkAlive - Hardly any read here, but should probably be in the scumpool because he has failed to produce any content that either stuck with me, or made me think "this is a townpost". Lynchpool, low priority

2. Bozo - I have historically proven to myself I cannot read Bozo. He was doing stuff that make me go WTF, but this is probably a mild reason to townread the slot, since I know he can fake it with the best of them to look towny while scum. Either way - NULL

3. Brainbomb - The most dangerous player out there, always. All his shit feels towny, but you bet your ass he can fake all of this shit as scum. He loves to create chaos as scum, and I had some flashbacks on how he was revelling in it earlier to a game where he was scum. Rational vekna says townlean, suspicious vekna says scumlean

4. damo666 - I think this was one of the newer slots that also could go in the lynchpool and hasnt convinced me yet that theyre town. I might be mixing them up though.

5. DemonRHK - This slot was the replaced one right? Im pretty sure the replacement did some pretty towny stuff, and made some posts scumreading me in a manner that new town players often do. The same applies to flashguy, also scumreading me, for reasoning that is slightly too simplistic in my case, but they cannot know that, and have a valid reason for being suspicious about me townlean

6. DoubtingThomas - Just did some towny posts. Irritation that he's getting ignored? Why would scum ever be agitated by that and try and pull more attention to themselves? Unless they actually know wtf theyre doing, and will know they get townread by some players for it. Seems unlikely here, smells like town

7. DrCJG - Your scumread on me was fake as fuck. Enjoy the dead QT

8. Flash2015 - See #5. Has appeared pretty towny in most interactions - Freeflowing mouth dhiarea that sounds genuine is nearly always a towntell. Town

9. Foxcastle - The same as Bozo, these where the new guys when I was actively playing mafia, but I could never really read them since they feel and sound so bland and monotone in everything that they do. It sounds mean but thats not what I intend it to be. I mean they sound the exact same no matter whether town or scum. NULL

10. Jamiet99uk - Town'ish in his annoyance. Dont wanna townread him though. NULL

11. peterlund - Completely oblivious to why people are scumreading him, so obviously we are all scum. Scumlean

12. RagingIke - Super obvious PR, GJ Scum/SK!

13. rdrivera2005 - Not doing a lot. He knows it, and is placing attention on it himself. I think I saw him do this as scum as well though. I dno. In the Lynchpool again. Might be able to talk himself out of it again.

14. Teacher2 - Town or SK. I dont think he's scum in the way he has played and approached this game. Cannot see any team or connections there.

15. thedipplayer - moo
16. Vecna - moo
17. Worcej - Probably town
18. yavuzovic - town

DoubtingThomas

#1122 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:02 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:54 pm
[as teacher has been against voting demon for lurking as well, but wanted to kill another lurker, thedip, just fine.
In case you missed it in the first go round, context is key.
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 pm
Again, timing is key:
  • Demon: Around 3 hours left in phase, no clear counterwagon to Brain.
  • TheDip: Around 20 minues left in phase, when I am conflicted town on the counterwagon.
Tell me, if Im scum, why do I get off Peter? It only gets attention, and its not like thedip softed PR.
you said it yourself,

you are able to get back on peter on d2 even if you are to lynch thedip in d1.

and you have done that pretty well so far, like you have promised.

even though thedip is not a PR, getting rid of a VT is still good for you if you can still get votes on peter the next day. Especially if thedip continued to be lurking, he could have been replaced like demon, so it probably is better for you to get rid of thedip when you can, on D1

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1123 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 pm
-snip
Thanks for your reads vec. How is Peter your only real scum read. Even your two other lynch pool candidates are hedged as lurkers. You really think Peter is the only guy worth pursuing right now?

DoubtingThomas

#1124 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:10 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 pm
Teacher, you were highly opposed to lynching Demon because we wouldn't learn anything from his flip. Can you tell me what we're learning by lynching thedipplayer?
Not much. But I now town both brain and (lesser) Peter and its a bit late to get another wagon going. I would have been fine with you too but thedip compromise came first.

You couldn't reply to Fox back there.

Can you do it now?

Just because peter said he doesn't care about his personal deaths, you would change your reads on him that quickly?

Anyone can really say that, you know that well enough, Peter knows that well enough, and even a newb like I understand that point.

Doesn't really make sense for you to do swing peter to townie, while leading the vote to kill theDip, while voting Peter AGAIN on D2 without much difference in situation?

teacher2

#1125 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Eh, but then I give Peter a nuller read overnight. And Id probably try hitting people who have softed PR. But your reads are genuine, so thank you for responding.

Bismarck, Im not sure if youve been on or not, but I repeat my mechanical comment from earlier. I need more from you.

teacher2

#1126 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:10 pm
Anyone can really say that, you know that well enough, Peter knows that well enough, and even a newb like I understand that point.
First, sorry about my last post. I should at least snip the top so you know what I am responding to.

Second, I will make it explicit since Im pretty sure I was wrong: In M36, I scumread Peter for a weak reason and lurking. He OMGUSed back, and didnt try to survive. He was a town PR. Here, I scumread Peter for a weak reason and lurking. He OMGUSed back, and didnt try to survive.

Can you guess why I didnt want to lynch him?

teacher2

#1127 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
SK slip?

Im still on my Yav as SK crackpipe, but this is interesting. I have towned Vecna for some good scumhunting, but SK wants to kill scum too. And that "Enjoy" seems like theres a fact DrCJG might find funny....

worcej

#1128 Post by worcej » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 pm
Did I miss some miraculous evolution on Yavuz coming to townread Brain?
Nope, it was indeed miraculous
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm
Worcej, you mentioned that your vote for thedipplayer was to avoid a tie.

The peterbot vote record indicates that your vote actually caused a 3-way tie between Brainbomb, thedipplayer, and Peter, with 4 votes each. But there was a misformatted vote that the GMs were recognizing that the peterbot didn't pick up? I can't find that...

Also, there were more than 30 minutes left before EOD. Don't you think it was a little premature to be worried about ties? Still plenty of time for people to shift around...
Teacher showed you the missed vote, but also I knew I wouldn't be able to be around exactly for EOD due to a work meeting. I still find it funny this is getting asked over and over...

Foxcastle

#1129 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm

teacher2 wrote: ---Snip---
Can you leave the quote in the box? Feel free to edit out anything that's unnecessary, but being able to read what you're responding to is very helpful.

DoubtingThomas

#1130 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:10 pm
First, sorry about my last post. I should at least snip the top so you know what I am responding to.

Second, I will make it explicit since Im pretty sure I was wrong: In M36, I scumread Peter for a weak reason and lurking. He OMGUSed back, and didnt try to survive. He was a town PR. Here, I scumread Peter for a weak reason and lurking. He OMGUSed back, and didnt try to survive.

Can you guess why I didnt want to lynch him?
Good point;

still could be that Peter changed your style, or you are using that fact to cover your change of votes.

i will still put you at scum lean

Foxcastle

#1131 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Why is it funny?

teacher2

#1132 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm
Can you leave the quote in the box? Feel free to edit out anything that's unnecessary, but being able to read what you're responding to is very helpful.
Agree, and I caught myself on it. FYI, since your own post doesnt link to mine, you also have to leave the post id time and user id blocks on top too. But my post 1125 is responding to DTs 1122 (I think thats what you were asking).

worcej

#1133 Post by worcej » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 pm
Why is it funny?
Assume this is in response to me - it's because I have responded to this now 3 times and two people are hyper focusing on that instead of taking the time to go over my reads.

Foxcastle

#1134 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:26 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm
Agree, and I caught myself on it. FYI, since your own post doesnt link to mine, you also have to leave the post id time and user id blocks on top too. But my post 1125 is responding to DTs 1122 (I think thats what you were asking).
I wasn't referring to a specific post with my request.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1135 Post by peterlund » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 pm

PLEASE OBSERVE EVERYONE!! HERE TEACHER IS CLEARLY LYING AGAIN!
teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:53 pm
peterlund wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:37 pm
p27 "why arent you voting brain for survival?" - Just asking this questions show that he is clearly fully up in the scum mindset. He thinks that his own survival is SOO important.
Nope, or Id be lurking a heck of a lot more. I was trying to get at your motives, and your response is what saved you.
This is just pure BULLOCKS! After your M36 game, where you were the most talkative and credible looking towny in the game, the question was only how fast you would be NKed (which you also were EoN2).

You know, I know and everyone else knows, that you cannot divert from this meta in case you roll scum. Lurking will never be any option for you. This was an obvious lie from your side. It is time to get you lynched, since you are sooo FAKE in this game.

And town, if you fail to lynch him now and he somehow managed to survive N2 and N3, be sure that this is scum!Teacher talking!

Foxcastle

#1136 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:34 pm

worcej wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Why is it funny?
Assume this is in response to me - it's because I have responded to this now 3 times and two people are hyper focusing on that instead of taking the time to go over my reads.
You don't think it's worth examining?

Speaking of reads, I noticed that on Day 1, Peter was a null and thedipplayer didn't even warrant a mention... But sure, you wanted to ensure a lynch, and your scumreads weren't wagoned up. But I also note that your readlists are pretty incomplete. Which makes it hard to figure out who you're leaving off because you don't have anything to say about them (but then, why do you choose other players to note that you have null reads of them?), and who you're leaving off because you want the flexibility to lynch them when it's convenient.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1137 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Why is it funny?
You don't think it's worth examining?

Speaking of reads, I noticed that on Day 1, Peter was a null and thedipplayer didn't even warrant a mention... But sure, you wanted to ensure a lynch, and your scumreads weren't wagoned up. But I also note that your readlists are pretty incomplete. Which makes it hard to figure out who you're leaving off because you don't have anything to say about them (but then, why do you choose other players to note that you have null reads of them?), and who you're leaving off because you want the flexibility to lynch them when it's convenient.
Thank you foxcastle! This is exactly what I was pointing out in my reads which led to my vote on him.

teacher2

#1138 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 pm
Lurking will never be any option for you.
You are actually spot on right here. But I only realized it this weekend, when someone used it to town-tell me in another game (that is ongoing, so I cant link it).

I've only played two games here, so I have to talk about MS games. I've rolled scum there twice. Look where I fall on the activity/post count: 1, most recent, 2. Towards the bottom. Compare my town placement: 1, M36.

I thought I could cover myself as scum by having the same mechanics - reads lists and obv!town discussion. But it turns out I post way more as town. So now I have to fix that, but my statement was true.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1139 Post by peterlund » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 pm
Thanks for your reads vec. How is Peter your only real scum read. Even your two other lynch pool candidates are hedged as lurkers. You really think Peter is the only guy worth pursuing right now?
Typical tactics for scum to attack one player not on their team, and do lightweight budding of everyone else in order to not stir up any resentment towards themselves (I accused Teacher of doing exactly the same thing EoD1 by the way)

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1140 Post by peterlund » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
SK slip?
Interesting observeration there.... :)