Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

#21 Post by thamrick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 am

This was the most recent sim

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=249

brainbomb

#22 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 am

Last game

☆☆Final Colony Score. (Resource Guru)
48% / 100 Overall☆☆

☆☆Famous Leader Score☆☆
You are Clarence Thomas
He typically stares at the ceiling. Sirt of pays attention. Thomas has said that his colleagues talk too much, that he wants to let the lawyers say their piece, and that the briefs tell him all he needs to know. But this—as his colleagues’ ability to provoke revealing exchanges demonstrates—is nonsense. Thomas is simply not doing his job.

By refusing to acknowledge the advocates or his fellow-Justices, Thomas treats them all with disrespect. It would be one thing if Thomas’s petulance reflected badly only on himself, which it did for the first few years of his ludicrous behavior. But at this point, eight years on, Thomas is demeaning the Court. Imagine, for a moment, if all nine Justices behaved as Thomas does on the bench. The public would rightly, and immediately, lose all faith in the Supreme Court. Instead, the public has lost, and should lose, any confidence it might have in Clarence Thomas.

Lmao

leon1122

#23 Post by leon1122 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 am

I'm in the same boat as yavuzovic. I can't join unless the game starts in July.

yavuzovic

#24 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

I want to see leon again. I want to be his dissident when he is leader.

leon1122

#25 Post by leon1122 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Ha! Well, I won't be going for the leader role this time. I think it's time to give someone else a chance to step up.

yavuzovic

#26 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I want to be YOUR dissident.

worcej

#27 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 pm

GM TEAM -brainbomb- -thamrick- -espi-
Start Date: Once 8-10 slots fill.
Pregame phase will last an extended amount of time, longer than a normal phase.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3. Warlegend
4. Prince William
5. bo
6. Worcej

You peaked my curiosity - let's give this a go :)

brainbomb

#28 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Webdiplomacy Simulator (Order of Business)
(Pregame may last 2-14 days depending on a variety of factors)

1. Signups :!:

2. Pregame
a. Character lottery draft
b. Character selection process

3. Region selection process

4. Population/Workforce selection process

5. Stimulus Package selection

6. Official Game Start

brainbomb

#29 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Choose a character (each player in the game gets to pick one character)

1. Darvish – A Dwarf, middle aged, is experienced in mining. Once per Phase Darvish may complete a building project instantly. He must not take any other actions if he does this. Passive Ability: Negative. (Drunk: Darvish will cause a +1 corruption to the colony from his risky behaviors)
+2 Atk, +3 Defense

2. Xanthor – Human, A wild man, Barbarian. Dislikes magic and religion. Once per phase Xanthor may go into a berserk mode. During this time he will fight at substantial bonuses to attack, and speed. Passive Ability: (Positive: Xanthor can track, has survival skills and can survive extended periods of time in the wild, or can hunt at +1 food per phase if he takes no other action.)
+4 Atk, +2 Defense

3. Andoyrn – Elven Priestess. Once per phase can heal an injured councilor or remove illness from (1) populace. Passive Ability: (Positive) Is beautiful, strongly sought after and provides the colony with a bonus to reactions from foreign dignitaries.

+1 Atk +1 Defense

4. Cluggins – A Gnome. Inventor. Once per phase Cluggins may focus on a technology and rush its completion instantly. In higher tech difficulties, Cluggings may reduce research times. Passive Trait: (Negative, his experiments are destructive and can cause damage rarely)
+0 Atk +3 Defense

5. Herman – Human Knight. Known for his Honor, and service to the land. Once per phase Herman can raise Morale by delivering a heroic speech. Herman may never act as Lord of the Barony. Herman cannot marry. (Passive Traits: Positive, Herman can detect the presence of evil in a 15’ radius. and if acting as Bodyguard to the Lord of the Barony, he fights at a +1 Atk.)
+4 Atk, +3 Defense

6. Avendi – Half Elven Female. Ranger. Avendi is quick, and accurate. Once per phase Avendi may explore and travel x2 distance of a normal charater. Has tracking ability, and bonuses to Archery, and bonuses against Giants.)
+3 Atk, +1 Defense

(Passive Ability: Negative, Loner. Avendi is seldom at the colony. dislikes staying put. Must go on a mission every 2 phases. Characters on missions may propose legislation but their votes will not count to a majority.)

7. Galien – Lord. Half Elven. A known Nobleman. Galien once per phase may prevent colonial collapse in one demographic. (Passive Trait: Negative, Is unable to bear children)
+1 Atk, +2 Defense

8. Verily – Lady. Human. A known Noblewoman. Verily once per phase may hold a feast (-1 food, roll a dice, on a 5 or 6 gain 1 pop) Passive Trait: (Adds +1 morale, +1 credits to the barony if married)
+1 Atk +1 Defense

9. Sratek – Elf. Warlock. A known sneak. Sratek was considered a brilliant student until he was kicked out of his guild. Once per phase Sratek may cast Sleep, or Charm. Passive ability: Negative, is considered an unfavorable person among Elves. -1 Morale to the colony.
+0 Atk, +1 Defense

10. Yulish – Human, Cleric. A healer. A devout man of the cloth who is consumed with the destruction of evil in all forms. Once per phase he may heal a characters life points, can ward away the dead, or may seek godly counsel. Passive Traits: Negative, Rigid, and uncompromising. Against alcohol, and substances.
+1 Atk +5 Defense

11. Falrin – Hobbit, Thief. a small sneaky pickpocket. Falrin is considered a criminal and adds -1 morale, +1 corruption. Falrin can spy on other kingdoms once per phase, he cant attempt to pick a pocket, or assist with breaking into buildings. Passive Traits: (Criminal, Negative).
+2 Atk, +1 Defense

12. Tyson – Human, Animal Tamer. Owns (1) basic animal, horses, oxen, pigs, or sheep. Once per phase can opt to mate his herd and increase its number, or may convert 1 of his herd to food, luxury, or sell for money. Passive Traits: Positive, adds +1 Gold to the colony each phase.
+1 Atk +1 Defense

13. Liberatius – Judge. Human. Once per phase Liberatius may pass a law without council approval, or veto any approved law. Liberatius can also remove 1 corruption instead. (Passive Traits: Negative. Liberatius loses the colony money. -1 gold per phase due to lost production)
+2 Atk, +2 Defense

14. Maurius – Half Orc, Fighter. Once per phase Marius may train 10 people to fight at a basic level. Maurius is a skilled soldier and fights at a +3 Atk, +2 Defense. Passive Traits: (Negative, unruly appearance, not suitable to be seen in public, can cause unrest)

Draft Lottery:
1. Warlegend :!: (You may select a character now or pass)
2. Bo
3. Kench
4. Prince William
5. RagingIke
6. Worcej

WarLegend

#30 Post by WarLegend » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 pm

I guess I'm up first?

I'll choose
6. Avendi – Half Elven Female. Ranger.

Espi

#31 Post by Espi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Draft Lottery:
1. Warlegend: Avendi – Half Elven Female. Ranger.
2. Bo :!: (You may select a character now or pass)
3. Kench
4. Prince William
5. RagingIke
6. Worcej

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 pm

It's selfish, but someone's gotta do it.

13. Liberatius

brainbomb

#33 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Draft Lottery:
2. Bo - Liberatius, Human, Male, Judge.
3. Kench :!:
4. Prince William
5. RagingIke
6. Worcej

(New players may still opt in to join and will be added to the draft.)

Claesar

#34 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 pm

I like the set-up with the characters! If my pick is still available once you've picked, I might join. Unless I suddenly become intelligent enough to realise I shouldn't devote time to this.

brainbomb

#35 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Draft Lottery:
2. Bo - Liberatius, Human, Male, Judge.
3. Kench :!:
4. Prince William
5. RagingIke
6. Worcej
7. Claesar

(New players may still opt in to join and will be added to the draft.)

Kench

#36 Post by Kench » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Based on my previous experience of these, a dodgy encounter with a foreign power can be the settlement's undoing. As such, I pick Andoyrn, the Elven priestess.

Espi

#37 Post by Espi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Draft Lottery:
1. Warlegend: Avendi – Half Elven Female, Ranger.
2. Bo: Liberatius - Human Male, Judge.
3. Kench: Andoryn - Elven Female, Priestess.
4. Prince William: :!:
5. RagingIke:
6. Worcej:
7. Claesar:
8. (Your name could be here!)

brainbomb

#38 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Darmor - Winter 325
(The township of Falconer rests along the frigid coasts, its inhabitants a small warband of Barbarians. Hlathgar, Leader of the tribe stands beside a longship along a dock at the edge of the Sea. )

Hlathgar: I still remember when I held each of you in my arms. Your tiny little hands, and glowing eyes. I remember the day you ran off Vrdanas, and it took 15 sleds sent every direction for miles to find you. And when we finally located you, you were here by the shore watching the waves the whole time.

Graff, I still recall the first words you spoke. How much you struggled to speak for so long. We had thought you were a mute. And then you looked at your mother, and smiled. You said "sky". From that moment on, your head was always looking up instead of the ground in front of you. You dreamed you would fly. Now you will sail.

Deronic, you are my eldest son. you have my beard, and you distrust the other clans just as I do. This is why I fear for you. One day you must lead, and be better than I am. I have never been good at making peace with my neighbors, only killing them. You must look after mother if anything happens to me.

Sail far my sons. Bring back a whale. Do not return without one.

Vrdanas: Father, do you doubt us?

Graff: Do not ask silly questions. Father would not send us if he doubted us. Ships are valuable. They say this ship was once the proudest and mightiest of the Bull Clan. Father defeated them years ago and claimed their lands.

Vrdanas: I did not ask you brother. I asked Father. I have heard all the stories a thousand times. If all our enemies were so easy to defeat then why is our clan so small?

Hlathgar: You ask so many questions my son. Just go get me a fucking whale and shut up.

Deronic: Father, I will keep my brothers safe. They are young and foolish. they have never been at sea. I will teach them how to bring in a mighty Whale for our clan.

Hlathgar: You did fail last time Deronic. Do not fail again or you must be banished. This is your rites my sons. You must pass this test for the gods to bless you. When this ends, you will taste the blood of the kill. Your gift to our clan will light our lanterns, and feed our wives. You will all be anointed heroes of the clan and carry on my vision.

Vrdanas: But if we fail father, we just die. You lose all your offspring.

Hlathgar: So you must not fail my son.

Deronic: Enough talk!, raise anchor, gather spears, and get the men rowing. We have a long journey ahead. I will not fail this time father. I will not bring dishonor to our family.

(Hlathgar turns and makes his way up the long steppe, never looking back.)

(He reaches the cliffs edge, finally looking back, seeing the longship rowing away chopping its way through the white caps and rough seas)

Theya: How could you send all of my boys away?
(slaps him)

Hlathgar: Because they will not be respected until they prove their worth. Our people need them to grow up.

Theya: They are not ready husband. They dont even know how to read, they can barely string a bow. You trust them to bring in a massive whale? Have you lost your mind?

Hlathgar: You must trust me my love. Our sons will learn many things from this. The future of our clan is at sea. No kingdom will ever survive without mastering the art of travel, and adventure. They will find new neighbors, trade, and their journey will be their own. This is their destiny.

Theya: I wish you could have sent some of the men with them. Or at least some of the capable barbarians.

(A war horn blows to the south)

Hlathgar: That must be Bialect, he was ranging in the west. I cant imagine he should be back this soon.

Theya: (points at a white horse bearing a barbarian in hides) He seems to be injured. look at how he rides.

Hlathgar: Something must have happened. I will go to him.

(Hlathgar grabs a spear and runs down the cobbled path, darting through fresh snow)

(Emerging beyond the rider on the white horse are three large pale skinned giants in armor.)

(A boulder hits Bialect sending him flying from his horse)

Hlathgar: BIALECT!

(another boulder flies at the horse, missing it.)

Hlathgar: (fleeing back to the fort) EVERYONE, Defensive formations! Giants attack us!

(A boulder slams into the north tower sending a Barbarian archer flying to his death)

(in the distance six more Giants emerge from the falling snow and mist)

Theya: Husband! we must leave! there are too many of them!

Hlathgar: We cannot abandon the people my love. You must go. Gather a few things and take a sled with a few wolves. Flee east to my cousin Narmor. Tell him we are under attack by Frost Giants.

(Theya embraces her husband as another boulder crashes into the fort. the wood on the doors splinters as giants are already breaking down the gates)

Hlathgar: GO! Make Haste and get out of here now!

brainbomb

#39 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 am

Webdiplomacy Simulator (Order of Business)
(Pregame may last 2-14 days depending on a variety of factors)

1. Signups

2. Pregame
a. Character lottery draft
b. Character selection process :!:

(After characters are selected for all the current players signed up Pregame will begin. Pregame you will have 14 days to make your decisions. You may opt to end pregame early by voting ##End. Pregame is meant to allow you to discuss a territory to choose, what your workforce will be, what bonuses you want from the King, and your populations Religious values. A sample of your barony's vitals will be presented showing you population, gold, morale, religious devotion, support of the king, and resources. Youll also meet some NPC's during this time played by myself, espi and thamrick)

3. Region selection process
(here you will choose from the following territories)
  • Rodoripol –Plains, rolling hills and temperate climate.
    Tessilect – Hills and Mountains, frigid climate.
    Gerinia – Forests, Fields, Rivers, Ocean.
    Silde – Forests, Plains, Rivers.
    Bayern – Mountains, Ocean.
    Esfillied – Forests, Lush massive woodlands and rivers.
    Hanaved – Mountains, Hills, Forests.
    Darmor – Arctic, Forests, Ocean, Dry.
    Desical – Desert, Arid, Dry.

4. Population/Workforce selection process.

(Choose any 2 -- You begin with 2 Population. You will recieve the bonus for both options chosen)

Human - (+1 Population)
Halfling - (+1 Food)
Mountain Dwarves (Resistant to Magic, +1 Iron)
Hill Dwarves(Resistant to Magic, +1 Gold)
Half Orcs (All basic soldiers fight at +2 Atk, +2 Def)
Half Elves - (Provide Longevity bonus, Resistance to enchantment, Nightvision, Immunity to Poison)
Wood Elves - (Longevity, Immunity to Enchantment, Poison, Travel at normal speeds in Woodlands)
Royal Elves - (Longevity, Immunity to Enchantment, Poison, +1 Magic)
Gnomes - (Longevity, Improved Research, Seige Weaponry)

5. Stimulus Package selection

King Thamrick Offers: (Choose 1 stimulus option)

1. (3) Food, (2) Horses, (1) Stone
2. (2) Gold, (4) Oxen, (1) Pop
3. (1) Food, (1) Iron, (3) Wood

Projected Starting Barony Vitals (Before Stimulus, before territory bonus, before Population bonuses)
(2) Pop
(3) Health
(7) Morale
(1) Faith
(0) Magic
(0) Research
(0) Gold
(0) Iron
(0) Stone
(0) Corruption

6. Official Game Start