MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#81 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

@teacher2 - considering my newbness, I wanted to say I appreciate your posts from yesterday. They were full of good knowledge (I will have to get better with the shorthand acronyms) and confirmed my sneaking suspicion that this game is going to go quickly.

@DrCJG - Yes. You nailed it on the head - EOD is 3:00 PM for me and a little rough, so my activity down to the wire is going to be questionable at the last second, but that won't stop me from contributing.

So, since people have been mentioning reads, here is my list so far:

TOWN
  • teacher2 - Again, good insight and a lot of very helpful information for a newbpleb like myself. I don't see the information as being 'too helpful' to read into it because it was a lot about both scum and town and their strategies for this game.
  • phil_a_s – You are asking good questions and trying to dig information up. I consider that actively participating and definitely not skulking.
NULL
  • sheepsaysmeep - I'll give you credit as the first one to propose the all-cop (or hypo) strategy. I also see you reading into DrCJG's previous game so I think you're digging into personalities/reads at least of the people you can. My only issue is the, for lack of a better term, hard lean that DrCJG is town already. I think there is some decent chance he is throwing us off (see below comments). Could you provide more insight into why DrCJG immediately strikes you as town?
  • DrCJG - Clearly not acting the same as your last game, which could be intentional, but I am not going to take that as hard evidence considering it is only a 2-game sample so far. You've also been helpful and trying to coordinate the group, so I'll give you a pass for now. The votes against you are somewhat weak (one being random and the other being prior-game spite), but why shouldn’t we suspect you at this point?
  • BancroftS - You haven't posted much content, but also there is plenty of time to fix that. I’ll be on the lookout for your reads.
  • xy4 – Same boat as BancroftS, but you have already voted for phil – could you elaborate as to why?
  • Marneus – No posts yet. I wont read that as scumy, but that will have to change as we get closer.
SCUM
  • Damo666 – I am questioning you right off the back because your first post was a vote and an attempt to get someone to join the wagon. You’ve provided no real constructive insight into why and I am taking that as an attempt to just get a wagon going not on you. Also, one line posting is suspicious by itself…
Since my list makes it somewhat obvious, for now I will submit my ##VOTE Damo666 and will be on the lookout for responses to my questions and also better justification for votes.

DrCJG

#82 Post by DrCJG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm

First, Peterbot was definitely a crutch of sorts but man did it make it easier to look back at stuff...

Cop Hypo claim - I think since we don't expect many days of it, it should be hard for mafia to significantly narrow the cop pool based on our responses... therefore i vote yea.

Full-board readlists 1X+ per phase: yea, though I think the emphasis should be on a late night or early day readlist

Since my first reads list was based on practically nothing, I wanted to go ahead and update mine a little..

DrCJG's Reads and Questions 1.1
Most Town to Most Scum:
Town
  • DrCJG - What can I say except, you're welcome.
Town Lean
  • Phil - Seems to be questioning things despite it drawing attention. You hedge with your vote on demo666 thought (I do ding BancroftS for this as well below and more harshly... so maybe I should ignore both for now)
  • Sheep - I hate to just agree with Teacher... but I think his analysis was spot on here... his experience makes him a target for a NK and I like that he is owning that to try and get the town on track... at least I hope that is what he is doing.
Null
  • Teacher - You are so obviously town... but then that is your style... either way you provide too much information dumping and analysis to be an early lynch...
  • Worcej - Still early in the phase, but we need to hear some actual content from you.
  • Marneus - Still early in the phase, but we need to start hearing from you
Scum lean
  • Damo666 - Well he did say he thinks joining a vote without a reason is scummier than starting a vote without a reason... so I guess that makes teacher's vote joining him on me worse than his :) ... if Damo continues this style into D2 he will be at the top of my lynch pool because I am not in favor of having another town lurker (see Snowy/Ezio last game) that doesn't provide anything for helping town win.
  • BancroftS - I too voted Marneus for similar reasons... but BancroftS followed it up with some scummy looking hedging stating "that may change on[c]e they post, but that's where I am currently. No-one has really given anything away!" ... I largely write it off as being new... but if you are trying to pressure someone and see how they react don't pull your punches entirely...
  • Xy4 - His couple posts make me feel like he is trying to blend in... he calls out "certain people" that are against the hypo, but doesn't provide any opinion himself then goes on to agree with Bancroft... that we should hear from everyone? that hypocop is confusing? I assume Xy4 isn't directly contradicting himself but it still sounds like he is trying to divert attention.

DrCJG

#83 Post by DrCJG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

I see that I crossposted with worcej... will review and determine if his post warrants changes to my readlist.

sheepsaysmeep

#84 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 pm

phil_a_s wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:59 am
Pretty quiet huh? sheep, you mentioned that you felt like DrCJG was behaving differently from how he behaved as mafia. Does that still apply? Would you be able to be more specific about that? Is it a difference in behavior or in language?
he feels more serious here and more trying to find scum/help town

it feels pretty different

sheepsaysmeep

#85 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

eh if teacher2 does the im always obvtown thing as town im fine with it for now in italics

DrCJG

#86 Post by DrCJG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm

@Warcej - I appreciate the post, and I think your reads generally seem genuine... but your town read on teacher2 seems off... you state that although he has provided a lot of information you don't see it as being "too helpful to read into" which I take to mean you don't think he is town because of he provided useful information.

Can you provide any more insight on why you read Teacher2 as town? why its different than your read on Sheep? and why its different than Sheep town reading me?

Furthermore, where do you stand on the polls Teacher posted?

Finally, you asked why you shouldn't suspect me... but I think you should suspect everyone (including me). I believe tunneling is a major detriment to us being able to find scum.

DrCJG

#87 Post by DrCJG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm

sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm
eh if teacher2 does the im always obvtown thing as town im fine with it for now in italics
He definitely did it last game... I can understand your suspicion, especially given that he seems to be buddying a lot with new players... but I think it is just his personality.

xy4

#88 Post by xy4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Ayo again.

Teacher2 - I was indeed meaning Phil; he posted something that questioned the viability of the strategy in the game. I understand that now he has reverted his comments.

Phil - This isn’t addressed to you only, it’s more to answer questions about my vote. I think you are posting regularly enough with some views on everything for my vote to seem futile. I was initially unsure of you with the discussion of everyone claiming cop, but as above, you don’t seem to be against it, so to speak, anymore.

DrCJG - You are talking lots about how other people are acting, and as Teacher said, this is different to how you acted as Mafia in a different game. It may seem as though I’m jumping to conclusions but I think this change in behaviour might be intentional.

##VOTE DrCJG

sheepsaysmeep

#89 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm

i modded a game on mu where teacher2 played

so i have some meta that im not very familiar with i can reread his iso in that game

sheepsaysmeep

#90 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 pm

my current problem with damo is like

he's been in and out of this thread multiple times and has thread presence

there's just 0 content or like trying to solve

sheepsaysmeep

#91 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 pm

yall are so fancy with your readlists

phil_a_s

#92 Post by phil_a_s » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Right. So, first things first, the games I played in were M6, M5, M7, M8, and M11. The links to all can be found here. I have never been ordinary scum, though I was Serial Killer in M6 which was also my first game on the forum (M5 was after M6). In M5 I subbed in for the doc, saved someone, and then lost the game for town. In M7 I was lynched day one because when I was run up against bo_sox (who was scum) he claimed doctor. I did not really do much, and I was not around to defend myself. I barely remember playing M8, though a quick scan suggests I did not have anything to do with our victory. M11 is the last game I played before this one - my playing style likely resembles that the most, currently, since it evolved a fair amount during my first couple games. I was NK'd on night two though, so you might not get enough information.

teacher2

#93 Post by teacher2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 pm

I dont think so, Sheep. I tried to join MU (at Brain's reco, actually) but didnt get an email when the game started so was modkilled (I didnt sign back on).

I have tried to come back online there but have found the account to be locked -- since youre an admin, can you let me know if there is something to be done? I've enjoyed MS but would like to explore different sites' metas before settling in.
I am switching from a lawyer to a teacher so find myself with more time on my hands than I have had in 10 years

Back to being on point -- You can look at my MafiaScum for more meta, but I will be honest about it and link posts (here or there) to show it to the extent that helps (akin to the obv!town before).

sheepsaysmeep

#94 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:28 pm

sheep

drcjg

teacher

--null--worcej, bancroft, marneus, teacher, xy4, phil

damo

teacher's paranoia about me felt genuine

rereading i also sort of buy that he genuinely thinks the cop hypoclaiming strategy benefits town

sheepsaysmeep

#95 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 am
1. Worcej
2. BancroftS
3. DrCJG
4. Damo666
5. Sheep
6. Marneus Calgar
7. Teacher
8. xy4
9. Phil_a_s
Sub. Yavuzovic
im just quoting these for my own reference

xy4

#96 Post by xy4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm

I’ve still to understand what an obv!town is, but I’d assume it’s where somebody has been proved as town? I suppose this is what our lurking experienced players are for.

DrCJG

#97 Post by DrCJG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm

@ sheep - my readlist style is in flux as I find what is helpful for me to be able to look back at...

With that in mind, yours is pretty uninformative and a bit confusing... why the extra line between me and teacher... are the top three town leans... you listed teacher twice... why is anyone where you have them?

sheepsaysmeep

#98 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm
@ sheep - my readlist style is in flux as I find what is helpful for me to be able to look back at...

With that in mind, yours is pretty uninformative and a bit confusing... why the extra line between me and teacher... are the top three town leans... you listed teacher twice... why is anyone where you have them?
oh i forgot to remove teacher from the nulls

it's like

visually like

you being two lines above teacher means youre that much townier than him

so like teacher being one line above null means just a slight townlean

i feel like ive given reasons for all my reads alreayd

sheepsaysmeep

#99 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

the nulls i all just dont have a read on yet

teacher2

#100 Post by teacher2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

xy4 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm
I’ve still to understand what an obv!town is, but I’d assume it’s where somebody has been proved as town? I suppose this is what our lurking experienced players are for.
obv!town is short for obvious town. Its where you play SUPERtowny. Another common term for it is LAMISTy -- "Look at me, Im so Town." This type of behavior is commonly viewed as scummy, as scum wants to try to appear town, and to avoid a lynch. I use it as a slight scumtell for others, but I avoid lynching it early days since it does provide info. For me - perhaps for all of these reasons - it is what I do in all circumstances.

proved as town would be "known town" or "named town".

In general, the ! is used for hypothetical discussions. Thus, if I said "that seems like something scum!xy4 would do" - it would mean I dont know your alignment, but for purposes of the post am assuming you are scum.