MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DrCJG

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#381 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm

DrCJG's Review of D1 voting 1.0
In my review of D1 I struggled to find a single scenario that really stood out, but the following are ranked in order of most likely to me atm. I welcome feedback or alterations.
  • 1) Xy4 is town and Bancroft is scum with any of Worcej, Phil, or Yav (he could be with Sheep, but I think Sheep was around or at least would have been around if he was on his scummates potential wagon)...
    • A very good explanation for Scum Worcej/Phil staying on Damo as he would not have wanted to jump to the next highest wagon (scummate Bancroft)
    2. Bancroft is town and Xy4 is scum with any of Worcej, Phil, or Yav. (Again, he could be with Sheep, but I think Sheep was around or at least would have been around if his scummate was a potential wagon)
    • This is a possible explanation for Scum Worcej/Phil to stay on Damo as Bancroft could have been online ready to move his vote to Xy4 and the town of Worcej/Phil could have decided to move to Xy4 as Damo was falling
    3) It was TvTvT - This feels unlikely (and statistically is), but may be more likely given all three wagons were new players and we may have been drawn to them.... normally I would say scum would be looking:
    • 1) to ensure one gets lynched (which makes me and teacher look bad); and
      2) to try to split up.
      I know I am town and I am assuming teacher is town so I think it is more likely Sheep or Yav are scum with Worcej or phil.

DrCJG

#382 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 pm

phil_a_s wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:42 pm
So, if we take teacher2's claim at face value, it would seem to be fair to assume teacher2 was targeted for being obv!town, what with, well, everything. teacher2 is also significantly more active than other people. I'm not sure whether this suggests that scum are lurkers who don't want to get caught, active players who want to control the town, something else entirely, or whether this is all too WIFOM to be useful. DrCJG, teacher2, thoughts?
I think it may be too WIFOM to be useful by itself. The mafia could have been targeting teacher2 for any of the reasons you have listed or because of his reads.

DrCJG

#383 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:34 pm

BancroftS wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm
Hi all.

I'll do a detailed analysis later in the day. I've previously asked why people think I'm scum - and no-one has yet given me an answer... People are jumping on this bandwagon without thinking for themselves!!!

Also can someone please define what a roleblock is? (I wasn't roleblocked). I was also not saved by the Doc.
1) I am working on a read list and you will likely be a scum lean at least because you being scum is one of the most likely scenarios for how D1 votes played out. If you have the time, please explain what you think is the most likely scenario to cause the D1 voting.

2) The mafia team can choose one player to "roleblock" such that if the player has any abilities they are neutralized/prevented.

worcej

#384 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm

@phil - I saw your question and will respond to it later today when I have time to make a wall of text post. I have a lot of WIFOM's running in my head that I need to process based on N1.

Also, since we know we have 24 extra hours for this day, I will try to have it written and out before late tonight so our European players will be able to read and digest it as well.

phil_a_s

#385 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 pm

DrCJG, do you have preferred pairings within those groups?

Also, on a tactical level, who do you think it would be best to pressure today? teacher2 says (and I agree, though less so on Bancroft) that we should try out new wagons. What do you think?

sheepsaysmeep

#386 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:17 pm

if doc claims an inno then the inno dies tonight and the doc dies the following night since no consecutive targeting

sheepsaysmeep

#387 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 pm

the clear shouldnt claim if they do they literally just die tonight

they prolly die tonight anyways but there's a small chance they survive

sheepsaysmeep

#388 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 pm

someone knows if theyre saved????????

sheepsaysmeep

#389 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:29 pm

these mechanics are so dumb

ok

i think clear should claim

since mafia kill them tonight since they know theyre a clear

DrCJG

#390 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm

DrCJG's Reads and Questions 2.0
Most Town to Most Scum:

RIP
  • Damo666
Town
  • DrCJG - I'm just an ordinary demiguy.
Assumed Town
  • Teacher - IF we have a doctor, he knows if he saved teacher. For now I see no reason not to run with this assumption.
Town Lean
  • Sheep - While I haven't been a fan of Sheep's recent harsh/defensive personality... it isn't all that alignment indicative. The uncontested roleblock claim seems just slightly town indicative. Despite others criticism of his D1 propositions, they felt like an attempt to at least organize town. BUT, you are almost null because you have drifted towards lurking... come back and add some analysis.
  • Yav - I scanned him innocent... so he will stay here for now... though I can understand why everyone else may think he is null. @Yav - I'd love to know where you would have voted in D1 but that feels like to much WIFOM, so what is your opinion of the D1 voting?
Null
  • Phil - I love your style Phil and I think you have been an active solving player... but, I agree with your analysis that Damo's flip didn't look great for you, Worcej, or me. Furthermore, I felt that even if teacher2's theory was wrong about Damo... believing it for a round may have been an opportunity to provide cover for the real PR, which is why I didn't choose to jump to Damo. I think one of you, Worcej, or Yav is likely scum. @Phil - What do you think of Xy4's decision to "scan" you last night?
  • Worcej - I feel like you responded well to questions particularly from Phil, but you have also felt largely reactionary since and your readslist last night felt like you were trying to blend in... most of it was stating that your feelings haven't changed... it may just be because you are new, but I haven't seen many theories be derived from you. Admittedly, you have shifted towards the Xy4's and Bancroft's theories about Sheep and I, but you even hedged there. @Worcej - I would appreciate some analysis from you on Sheep other than his being "a little more frantic," do you have a good reason why scum Sheep would have become frantic? I agree it is odd, but as I said above... I don't see it as alignment indicative. I'd like to see how everyone responds to you being on a wagon today because I think one of you Phil, or Yav is likely scum.
  • Xy4 - We have each felt the other's personality felt scummy, but I did appreciate that you largely stuck to your beliefs and while I didn't agree with practically any of your arguments they seemed thought through. However, I think you being scum with one of Worcej, Phil, or Yav is a likely scenario. @Xy4 - When you decided to scan Phil last night, who did you think mafia would RB/NK?

Scumlean
  • BancroftS -
    • Your D1 posts had plenty of redflags, in particular you seemed very hedgey but I wrote it off as being more new player than scum. However, I think the EoD voting makes it look likely that your wagon was slightly dampened by a scum partner.
    • @Bancroft - Do you think that Damo v. Xy4 v. you was TvTvT?
    • My understanding is you are still reading Sheep as scum entirely based on on his style/personality, is that correct? Do you have any other reasons? I understand that you were confused about what a roleblock is, do you understand now, and do you think he is faking his roleblock claim?
    I would be ok with another Bancroft v. Xy4 day if we can actually get it going strong well in advance because I think there is a scum between them. But, I would rather see wagons of Worecj v. Phil v. Yav v. DrCJG (I think all scenarios lead to a scum between them and I would like to see what happens if their wagons take off). Given that 3 wagons looked like too many for our number of people I think I would most like to see Worcej v. Phil. ##VOTE Worcej

I look forward to everyone else's readlists.

Jamiet99uk

#391 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.0

BancroftS (2) - Sheepsaysmeep, Teacher2
Worcej (1) - DrCJG

Currently Bancroft is set to be lynched.

You have more than two RL days remaining in Day 1 (due to the server downtime tomorrow).

Jamiet99uk

#392 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Ahem

*in Day 2

phil_a_s

#393 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:36 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm
D @Phil - What do you think of Xy4's decision to "scan" you last night?
I didn't really think anything of it at the time - it didn't strike me as a particularly interesting event. If I had to take a guess, I figure it indicates ambivalence about me? A lack of desire to vote for me today, I imagine?

xy4

#394 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 pm

When I scanned Phil, I guessed a NK on Teacher, since he is the most widely accepted as Town and thus there isn't really much not to gain from eliminating him (for scum).

I guessed a RB on Worcej. My indecisiveness with him leads me to believe that he may be PR, but there are two problems with that theory. Firstly, the scum most likely wouldn't have thought the way I did about him. Secondly, my indecisiveness could just as easily mean he is scum. There's a fine line.

xy4

#395 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:47 pm

I won’t be posting a readlist today (Friday) as I don’t think enough has changed in my opinions from the last one to warrant a new one. On Saturday there’s a high chance you’ll see one.

As for my voting in this phase, I’m thinking ##VOTE Bancroft for now.

I haven’t seen much of him recently and we are still waiting on a detailed readlist, so I can’t gauge his behaviour in this phase. If he can answer for himself soon, I may change my vote, but for now, I’ll see what happens with him.

sheepsaysmeep

#396 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:18 pm

please dont openly hunt for power roles in thread

sheepsaysmeep

#397 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:19 pm

teacher claimed to be doc save???

ive been doubting my read there so him being clear would really help

sheepsaysmeep

#398 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:19 pm

a doc save claim is a clear

the doc would counterclaim if it were fake

so then if teacher is town

im at me, teacher, cjg, xy4, phil as towny to varying degrees rn

sheepsaysmeep

#399 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 pm

yavu, bancroft are scumleans

worcej is null

xy4

#400 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Phil requested that I say who I thought would be RB and NK in N1. I apologise.

And thank you Sheep for being a bit nicer about the way you put things. Those last few messages have been quite helpful.