MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#281 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 pm

@yavu - welcome. Now with you here, it at least feels like we didn't lose a body however our information gained is rather not great since Damo carried himself how he did...

I will also be gone for a bit, but will check in tonight before I hit the sack. I'll need to delve deeper into reads since I was clearly off with damo

yavuzovic

#282 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Let's start with sheep, I played a game with him: He was scum and could escape from being lynched. (Though we didn't lynch any mafia at that game). Anyway he is a good player as mafia.
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:22 pm
##Call GM can mafia choose not to roleblock at night
At the first glance, this is the scummiest question ever. But when I think again, I'm almost always town, and I always have scummy questions that I never ask in order not to cause town to lynch me accidently. Anyway his gives a +1 to his scum side.

Also he is quite active, just like he was mafia.
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 am
damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm
##VOTE DrCJG. Sheep change your vote.
idk im prolly comfortable where my vote is rn
And I also see he started the wagon which caused damo666 to be lynched. Hmmm.

I'm trying to find something towny from him but I couldn't find. However there's a lot to read and I'll continue. I would vote him - this is the bad side of starting in night turn.

yavuzovic

#283 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 pm

I will be busy tomorrow and maybe a few days more. I don't know how long will this last. I won't write much but I will try not to be modkilled due to insufficient writing.

Don't forget this and don't accuse me for not being active.

sheepsaysmeep

#284 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 pm
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:22 pm
##Call GM can mafia choose not to roleblock at night
At the first glance, this is the scummiest question ever. But when I think again, I'm almost always town, and I always have scummy questions that I never ask in order not to cause town to lynch me accidently. Anyway his gives a +1 to his scum side.
people are notified when they are roleblocked

if mafia have to roleblock a town then every day the person who was roleblocked can literally jsut claim it and be clear
yavuzovic wrote:
Also he is quite active, just like he was mafia.
im active as either alignment
yavuzovic wrote:
And I also see he started the wagon which caused damo666 to be lynched. Hmmm.
ok so i had a wrong read

town has wrong reads

you trying to push me has clear agenda here and the attempted reasoning is really bad

sheepsaysmeep

#285 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

want to scumread yavu here sort of

yavuzovic

#286 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:11 pm

sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
1) Mafia can roleblock the player who's supposed to be nightkilled. In this way they can claim they were roleblocked and make themselves clear. This is still a scumlean for you.

2) Probably you're right. I haven't played with town sheepsaysmeep.

3) Anyway you were so sure.
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 am
damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm
##VOTE DrCJG. Sheep change your vote.
idk im prolly comfortable where my vote is rn

teacher2

#287 Post by teacher2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am

@Dr - why did you jump to Damo instead of XY (just trying to piece together end of day)?

Am still baffled by the VT flip.

The one thing that is definitely learned by me is that we cannot carry three wagons into the last hour, because its too easy to tie and no lynch. I had no idea my damo vote got through -- I was getting the "youre posting too fast" warnings.

Other lessons will have to await reflection.

sheepsaysmeep

#288 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 pm
GM NOTE

Yes, the coaches know your alignment. One coach is giving feedback to Mafia players only, while one coach will give feedback to Town players only. The feedback is passed through me so that I can moderate it.

You may make reference to the coach's feedback if you really want to, yes - but you may not do things like post images of the feedback message or anything else like that. See the main rules with regard to posting details of your role PM, etc, for why that is not allowed.

And yes, Sheep, we let people post at night here.
..so people can be angleshot clear

ask everyone to paraphrase their feedback and i could easily tell which ones are a real experienced player's feedback off of looking at my own

that's game breaking lol

teacher2

#290 Post by teacher2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 am

yup. That one in particular is also my only remotely recent and available scum game. I subbed in mid-day one into a very weird game that had had like five subs. For a variety of game- and life- specific reasons, I think my play there (particularly the lack of play D2) was unusual.

I think Open 722 (VT) or Newby 1863 (town PR) -- both where I played from the start -- are more indicative of my general play.

teacher2

#291 Post by teacher2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 am

Sheep-why werent you on EoD?

xy4

#292 Post by xy4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:12 am

Just to let you know I’m still here. I’ll post some decent stuff in about an hour and a bit. That EoD was really hectic and going to bed I thought I was dead.

xy4

#293 Post by xy4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Alrighty fellas. I changed my vote over to Damo to join Worcej after the response to my questioning of his parked vote.

Phil kept his vote (rightfully) on me while he once again reviewed. Once he was sure he too switched over to Damo.

Teacher switched too, but then switched back to Bancroft.

CJG, who I’d been reading as scum, switched to Damo too, although I think he is yet to reveal his reasons.

Teacher then switched back, seemingly hoping to stop a tied lynch between Damo and Bancroft.

Very hectic last few minutes nonetheless. It’ll be interesting to see what happens now. I’ve got some theories of my own as to the future but for now I’d rather not share.

xy4

#294 Post by xy4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:13 am

In response to what Yav was saying about Sheep:

I’d agree with your points, he does seem to be scummy from what you are saying. I’d like to reiterate a point or two I made on him in my last readlist on Sheep. I think he is being very assertive and informal, like he has nothing to lose, so to speak.

If he was scum, he’d most definitely have something to lose, and he may have played it more cautiously. That’s why I’ve got a town lean on him as of now.

BancroftS

#295 Post by BancroftS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

xy4 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:13 am
In response to what Yav was saying about Sheep:

I’d agree with your points, he does seem to be scummy from what you are saying. I’d like to reiterate a point or two I made on him in my last readlist on Sheep. I think he is being very assertive and informal, like he has nothing to lose, so to speak.

If he was scum, he’d most definitely have something to lose, and he may have played it more cautiously. That’s why I’ve got a town lean on him as of now.
See, I still think that Sheep is Mafia. There's something about the way that he speaks, and he hasn't done anything to counteract my previous arguments suggesting he is Mafia.

BancroftS

#296 Post by BancroftS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 pm

I'd also like to know why anyone jumped onto the "Bancroft Bandwagon". No-one has given any points as to why they thought I was scum. Sheep, teacher? Teacher himself has admitted that he has no real points against me...

My thoughts still stand that Sheep is Mafia, with DrCRG only being guilty by association. My ##VOTE Sheep still stands, and will continue to stand until I see any reason to change it (either by Sheep convincing me he is innocent, or another person highlights they are scum).

Jamiet99uk

#297 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 pm

GM NOTE

You do not vote at night.

phil_a_s

#298 Post by phil_a_s » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Reads

worcej - slight scum. The vote on damo666 looks, in retrospect, a bit like a parked vote on a plausible target. There was a bit of pressure placed on it, from teacher2 and DrCJG, but worcej kind of just waved it off. worcej, why were you unconcerned about damo possibly being the doc?

BancroftS - slight scum. I don't really have much on him, it's just that it's hard to get anything on him, and I'm unwilling to let that be an excuse. He wasn't around for EoD, so we didn't get any reactions from the wagon. Was entirely off the wagons, which I'm not too comfortable with. The full extent of his scumhunting has been picking out one suspicious interaction at the start of day one, and that's it.

DrCJG - slight town. The general flavor of his interactions has been rather townish, but I worry I'm clearing people for agreeing with me again. I would like to hear your thoughts on what we have learned from the flip.

sheepsaysmeep - slight scum. The early vote on damo is innocuous. What worries me is a consistent pattern of poor structure, vague statements, and general unhelpfulness. I also suspect the casual attitude is not entirely genuine, but more a disguise for all the self-defense he's been doing, despite almost no pressure being put on him.

teacher2 - town. scum!teacher would have no particular reason to want xy4 or Bancroft dead, nor any reason to want damo666 alive. I'm quite certain teacher2 did in fact think damo666 was doc, and if he were scum, even with the roleblock, I can't see him not wanting confirmation and an instant kill. There's a WIFOM argument to be made, but I'm not really interested in it right now.

xy4 - null. I thought he was scummy yesterday, but I must say I actually found the defense to be rather plausible. Otherwise, not much to say really.

I do not have a read on yavuzovich yet, so that's null too.

Finally, a question for all of you: what do you think mafia were trying to achieve during the D1 vote, and how do you think they were trying to do it? From now on, I will keep a list of questions I have asked people, and I will try to remind you if you're otherwise active but not answering.

phil_a_s

#299 Post by phil_a_s » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I dunno what Bancroft's attempt at a vote means. If interpreted generously, it suggests Bancroft forgot that night phases exist, and is a townslip. If interpreted ungenerously, it is a fake townslip, or even Bancroft forgetting that night voting happens in the Mafia QT, though the rest of the post wouldn't belong there, so that's quite unlikely.

In any case, Bancroft is tunneling to a rather ridiculous degree. Bancroft, if sheep turned out to be innocent, who would you suspect to be scum?

sheepsaysmeep

#300 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 am
Sheep-why werent you on EoD?
i was gaming i forogt that eod was 3 pm i thought it was like in the evening