MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 248
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2781 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 pm

The point I was making was that there is currently only one apparent wagon.

It's also starting to concern me greatly just how confused town looks right now.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2782 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:25 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Ending up on every wrong town lynch is a mistake townies could make, I think. Not ending up on any of them, though? That takes rare luck.

Ezio even managed to get on Telamor and Balki.

##vote Rdrivera
You are implying that I am so good as scum that I knew Ike would claim at EOD, because I was voting him and away and he would have been lynched.

And you are also implying that Snowy is town or I was bussing him D3?
I'm beginning to think Snowy isn't scum, because it's unlikely he would have so bad as to be on every town lynch.

Also, your point is a good one: it's the exception that proves the rule.

DrCJG
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm
Karma: 20

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2783 Post by DrCJG » Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:25 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:24 pm
@TrP - While the Fox wagon has been apparent, I don't see why you would think the Ezio side has been...
???
An obviously slow response by me... but at the time Fox was voting Ezio... I would like to vote Snowy or Yav, but it doesn't look like either of those are going to take off...

@ Ezio - Are you saying Rdr is your next highest scum read?

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2784 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:25 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Ending up on every wrong town lynch is a mistake townies could make, I think. Not ending up on any of them, though? That takes rare luck.

Ezio even managed to get on Telamor and Balki.

##vote Rdrivera
You are implying that I am so good as scum that I knew Ike would claim at EOD, because I was voting him and away and he would have been lynched.

And you are also implying that Snowy is town or I was bussing him D3?
I'm beginning to think Snowy isn't scum, because it's unlikely he would have so bad as to be on every town lynch.

Also, your point is a good one: it's the exception that proves the rule.
I remember a game where you (and others) myslinched me because I voted for scum all first 4 or 5 days (the game we lynched 3 scum in a row and lost). I think this kind of analysis is pure WIFOM and usually scum use it to justify a scumread that don't have other support.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2785 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 pm

That's not actually a defense of your votes this game or why you're not scum this game...

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2786 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 pm
That's not actually a defense of your votes this game or why you're not scum this game...
No, you are not questioning my votes, you are telling that it's unlikely I didn't end in a town lynch and I pointed that if I was scum it was due to only luck and not a brilliant scum plan.

And if you want to question my votes, I will answer.

And you didn't answer my questions about DrCJG. Why?

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2787 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Because, honestly, I don't care enough to go back and reread big walls of text.

Call that scummy if you want, but I've been trying to play from my phone all day while I'm on a work trip. Fortunately, I've upgraded to a janky laptop on even jankier hotel wifi. Unfortunately, it's still more of a chore than I care to undertake in the last hour of the day.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2788 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm

I may yet update my reads, but if you're going to lynch me, when I flip town you'll at least know these are honest.

Rdrivera is scum.

TrPrado, Yavuz, and Snowy are not. I'm willing to change my mind on Ezio and say he's not.

Which leaves DrCJG as the other scum.

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2789 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 pm
Because, honestly, I don't care enough to go back and reread big walls of text.

Call that scummy if you want, but I've been trying to play from my phone all day while I'm on a work trip. Fortunately, I've upgraded to a janky laptop on even jankier hotel wifi. Unfortunately, it's still more of a chore than I care to undertake in the last hour of the day.
I am also playing on my phone, this is not an excuse. Anyway, I am going home now and expect to to be online at EOD. If not, and you decide to lynch, then lynch Fox and whoever who try to save him next.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2790 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm sorry, Rdrivera, I'm just not as strong as you, I guess.

DrCJG
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm
Karma: 20

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2791 Post by DrCJG » Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:02 pm
I am also playing on my phone, this is not an excuse. Anyway, I am going home now and expect to to be online at EOD. If not, and you decide to lynch, then lynch Fox and whoever who try to save him next.
If you lynch Fox and he is town and then lynch me we will lose. So I assume you mean if he is scum then lynch me... I think that would be a poor decision but at least it will only put us at lylo or mylo (im confused on whether there is a difference) and by my argument below you would then be pretty confident in the last scum being either Yav or snowy

No one (specifically those in the Snowy is town camp) have commented on my belief that IF snowy is town then at least 1 scum would have been on the snowy wagon in D7... which means that either Yav or I is scum...

Tom Bombadil
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 341

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2792 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Vote Count 8.2

Foxcastle (3): Ezio, rdrivera2005, TrPrado
DrCJG (1): snowy801
Yavuzovic (1): DrCJG
rdrivera2005 (1): Foxcastle


The following players have yet to vote: yavuzovic
The following players have not yet met posting requirements: yavuzovic


Currently Foxcastle is set to be lynched

There are 15 minutes remaining in D8.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2793 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Not only are you about to lynch town, everyone else is spread out on crap wagons. So that's gonna be super useless tomorrow...

Sorry I didn't play better, I lost the thread partway through when I had to start traveling for work. (Which is why I put myself on the sub list in the first place.)

Lynch Rdrivera next.

Good luck Town.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2794 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm

##VOTE DrCJG

If I can't lynch Rdrivera, I'll all my vote to that worthy recipient.

snowy801
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 11

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2795 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm here

snowy801
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 11

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2796 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 pm

but it doesn't seem like there's much to be done
I really should've read up on Fox yesterday but uh

just out of curiosity (if it so happens that you flip town) why did you hammer yourself?

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2797 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 pm

To see what happened. I don't think scum are usually dumb enough to expose themselves with dumb moves like jumping on on end hammer, but it was worth a shot, I figured.

snowy801
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 11

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2798 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:56 pm

generally when you do a reaction test you want to reveal the results of a reaction test
preferably with more time remaining than 5 minutes in before eod

but we shall see how it turns out

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2799 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Eh, it wouldn't have made a difference.

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2800 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 pm

If I vote DrCJG he will be lynched or it will tie?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EspressoPatronum and 6 guests