MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2601 Post by snowy801 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:03 pm

because I had high auspicions that my motivation for this game would fail to suddenly rise and thus, anticipating that I would receive all sorts of shit for the remainder of the game I wanted to put myself out of my miseey before we got to that point

also because it was lagging as hell that day

and rip ike

Ezio

#2602 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 am

Let's get this day started out right with a ##vote thamrick.

thamrick

#2603 Post by thamrick » Sat May 26, 2018 3:37 am

@Jamie - He claimed with what, 5 mins left til EoD? I just tend to think that’s more a scummy move to save themselves/draw a CC than a legit town play.

Also, I’m at my bachelor party weekend this weekend so I’m not going to check in very often.

For everyone commenting on my lower participation than normal, I get it, but I promise it’s 100% due to real life busyness. Regardless of alignment, I’d like to be more involved than I’ve been able to be. I feel like especially as scum though I’d be cognizant that my lower participation would draw more attention.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2604 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm
After so long? I take it that the scum are pretty scared.
Are you reading the game? It was obvious he was the doc after Peter died and there is no reason to let a clear alive.

@Ezio - Not that I disagree with your vote, but could you give reasons to why you are voting Thamrick?

Ezio

#2605 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

Tons of reasons.

I think the biggest evidence Tham is scum is the flip flop he made on Balki as soon as balki was a real wagon. He townread balki essentially the entire game, and then randomly scumread him the day balki got lynched.
This was his line
"Reading that Foxy/Balki exchange the last few pages, I couldn't help but be reminded of how Balki was interacting with MLQ a few games back."
before voting balki.

His read of Foxcastle didn't change at all after Balki flipped Town as one would expect.

His read of me most recently was:
"
I don’t know what to think about Ezio. Seems weird that darg and bo would sit on him so long if he’s scum, but Ezio has shown that he’s very okay with bussing. It also feels like he’s opportunistically jumping on me after the Balki flip.
"

This is hedgey as fuck, and completely inaccurate. The last real day of this game was when Balki was lynched and I was on his wagon pushing for him until the very EoD when I needed to avoid getting lynched. Saying I'm jumping on this wagon only after Balki died is a straight up lie.

Ezio

#2606 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 am

Other important evidence to note for Thamrick being scum:

Good town players scumread him at the time of their death.

Thamrick was balki's top scumread and he pushed incredibly hard for him on his last day alive.

Thamrick was also in Ghug's top three, behind Ike and me after surviving until d3 which is long enough to have reasonable reads.

Ezio

#2607 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 5:37 am

Once Thamrick flips scum we should clear RD.

We can then look at Thamrick's d2 vote on Stressed Lines here (http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=2)
and question why he voted stressed instead of Jamiet or Snowy. This vote really doesn't seem to have any scum motivation. It indicates to me Jamiet and Snowy are the same alignment and he either didn't care who was lynched, and je wanted more chaos, or they are both scum and he was protecting his teammates. I think the former is far more likely than the latter.

Ezio

#2608 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 5:45 am

So this gives us Jamiet, RD, and Snowy, and me as clears.

This leaves us:
DrCGJ, Foxcastle, TrPrado, and Yav as scum candidates.

Foxcastle looks much worse after balki's flip, and for the fact he's survived this long while contributing so little. Foxcastle has been exceptionally good in his games as town and as scum.

I encourage everyone to look at his most recent "reads" post. I'm not gonna copy paste in here but you should all look at it. It's 100% hedges. I'd need to go back and check if he's always this hedgey, but I'm fairly certain he isn't normally that bad.

Ezio

#2609 Post by Ezio » Sat May 26, 2018 5:47 am

I think that's far enough down the rabbit hole to go for today, and I'm certain I've exceeded my quota for today.
The good news for you lot is I'm gonna be free all day tomorrow to do nothing but masturbate and play mafia, so I'll be around to answer all of Jamiet's asinine questions (I won't answer them but I'll be around to) and all of RD's actually useful, pointed questions that further town's cause.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2610 Post by TrPrado » Sat May 26, 2018 6:00 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 am
TrPrado wrote:
Are you reading the game? It was obvious he was the doc after Peter died and there is no reason to let a clear alive.

@Ezio - Not that I disagree with your vote, but could you give reasons to why you are voting Thamrick?
It was obvious he was town for a decent while before as well. We also shouldn’t discount that not only would the scum have known his alignment, and not only would they have known he had an active claim since EOD1, they also knew he was actively claiming doc for at least one night without choosing to off him. There’s generally less reason to let someone with such high chances of being a PR live than there is a clear.

It indicates to me there were likely some other significant changes, since some people like Fox still weren’t ready to believe it. They could have strung him on perpetually until eventually the town killed him, which I don’t think peter’s reveal or the save of him alone could have changed as much as would be essential. If we’re getting close to catching the hooker, however, killing the doctor becomes much more urgent.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2611 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:16 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:00 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 am
TrPrado wrote:

It was obvious he was town for a decent while before as well. We also shouldn’t discount that not only would the scum have known his alignment, and not only would they have known he had an active claim since EOD1, they also knew he was actively claiming doc for at least one night without choosing to off him. There’s generally less reason to let someone with such high chances of being a PR live than there is a clear.

It indicates to me there were likely some other significant changes, since some people like Fox still weren’t ready to believe it. They could have strung him on perpetually until eventually the town killed him, which I don’t think peter’s reveal or the save of him alone could have changed as much as would be essential. If we’re getting close to catching the hooker, however, killing the doctor becomes much more urgent.
Prado, since Peter reveal of his scans the game has only forced moves by both town and scum. We lynched Bo, they kill Peter, we lynched Dargo they kill Ikem
Scum was letting Ike alive because they are targeting the Cop on the NK as they can always RB the Doc. Since when they kill the Cop it's obvious they will kill the doctor next.

I have to say I fully agree with Ezio about Thamrick, that vote on Stressed out of the blue was the first thing that really stood as scummy for me. Just don't agree that it clears Jamiet and Snowy, I still can see scenarios where one of them is scum.

yavuzovic

#2612 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:20 pm
QUESTIONS: @Yavuzovic - why did you stay on "No Lynch" at the end of D1 when it was clearly useless?
I voted no-lynch because I had no scumsreads, and I was planning to move onto somebody else. But I wasn't here at EoD that day. So i couldn't change my vote. I wish I have been here and voted for someone./]

yavuzovic

#2613 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 26, 2018 12:05 pm

And
##vote snowy
Is this guy still alive.

Jamiet99uk

#2614 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh hello Ezio. Nice of you to wake up.

##VOTE THAMRICK

Jamiet99uk

#2615 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 26, 2018 1:29 pm

@Snowy: Why did you think RagingIke was lying, and what are your thoughts about the game now?

thamrick

#2616 Post by thamrick » Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am
Tons of reasons.

I think the biggest evidence Tham is scum is the flip flop he made on Balki as soon as balki was a real wagon. He townread balki essentially the entire game, and then randomly scumread him the day balki got lynched.
This was his line
"Reading that Foxy/Balki exchange the last few pages, I couldn't help but be reminded of how Balki was interacting with MLQ a few games back."
before voting balki.

His read of Foxcastle didn't change at all after Balki flipped Town as one would expect.

His read of me most recently was:
"
I don’t know what to think about Ezio. Seems weird that darg and bo would sit on him so long if he’s scum, but Ezio has shown that he’s very okay with bussing. It also feels like he’s opportunistically jumping on me after the Balki flip.
"

This is hedgey as fuck, and completely inaccurate. The last real day of this game was when Balki was lynched and I was on his wagon pushing for him until the very EoD when I needed to avoid getting lynched. Saying I'm jumping on this wagon only after Balki died is a straight up lie.
This is just wrong. Iirc I was the second person to vote Balki, making him a real wagon. If you’re saying that I was just being opportunistic, why would I go head to head with a Balki? Why wouldn’t I just push snowy who everyone was saying seemed scummy?

Also why would that change my read of foxy?

thamrick

#2617 Post by thamrick » Sat May 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Also point to where you pushed for me during the day Balki was lynched. I get that you voted me, but you voted Balki first then changed when it looked like you might need to save yourself then voted Balki again when that didn’t work. You didn’t seem to have any conviction and I don’t remember you justifying any of your votes. Seemed like you were just trying to stay alive.

thamrick

#2618 Post by thamrick » Sat May 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 am
Other important evidence to note for Thamrick being scum:

Good town players scumread him at the time of their death.

Thamrick was balki's top scumread and he pushed incredibly hard for him on his last day alive.

Thamrick was also in Ghug's top three, behind Ike and me after surviving until d3 which is long enough to have reasonable reads.
And this is the most bogus of the reasons.

thamrick

#2619 Post by thamrick » Sat May 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Also Jamie (and anyone else) - when you’re doing VCA of D4, remember that there was a ton of lag and several votes happened after the bot stopped counting. I ended on Telamor, not snowy

Jamiet99uk

#2620 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 26, 2018 3:05 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:38 pm
Also Jamie (and anyone else) - when you’re doing VCA of D4, remember that there was a ton of lag and several votes happened after the bot stopped counting. I ended on Telamor, not snowy
Highly unlikely.