MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2161 Post by TrPrado » Sat May 19, 2018 3:37 pm

I’m heading to my cousin’s graduation soon. If Balki wasn’t scum Ezio might be. If Ezio isn’t I really need to spend time rethinking. Can we please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, actually lynch Jamie though. It’s been a long time coming.

Foxcastle

#2162 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm

I believe that Ike is the doctor wholeheartedly:

I'm pretty sure Ike is the doctor:
DemonRHK

I honestly don't know if he is or isn't:
bo
rdrivera2005

I do not believe Ike is the doctor:
dargorygel
yavuzovic
Jamiet99uk
Foxcastle

I am absolutely positive Ike is not the doctor:

I haven't voted yet:

DrCJG
Ezio
peterlund
snowy801
thamrick
TrPrado

Balki has thrown me for a loop, and so now I'm doubting myself and wondering if Ike really could be doctor. But I still don't think so.

The scumteam is probably not playing some brilliant long game. I haven't seen a lot of games, but I'm pretty sure they don't do that. The odds that we hit on the doctor on D1 are 5%, but the odds that scum would fake a claim to save themselves are probably 90%; the odds that the scumteam wouldn't kill a real PR claim are are low, but the odds that the scumteam won't kill their scummate are ~100%. If Ike had claimed cop with some reasonable scans (i.e., actionable scans rather than players who were convenient already dead), maybe I'd have been more open minded. But I think Ike is scum.

yavuzovic

#2163 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Do you think doctor should reveal himself at this point, or after the nightkill? Maybe that would be more beneficial for towns process. But I can't be sure. This also makes scums know who doctor is.

yavuzovic

#2164 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Also I won't be around at EoN. I can't be active at weekends.

Foxcastle

#2165 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 19, 2018 6:40 pm

I am not advocating for the Cop to reveal himself, but I do want to know what people think about that if it means going into Day 5 with 4 copscans. There will almost certainly be dead players in that list, and of course the godfather could hide on that list. But if it helps us narrow down the lynch pool, we are to the point where that could make the difference.

The cop will know best what he wants to do—particularly if his scans are already mostly dead, or if we're on the right track and so his scans would be duplicative—but if it looks like he's going to have 3-4 scans on live players, especially guilty scans on anyone we're not already considering, that might be enough of the remaining pool to give town an edge before we go into LYLO.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2166 Post by DemonRHK » Sat May 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Sorry for not being around this phase. Moving + sent a beloved family member over the rainbow bridge :(

Excuses aside, snowy is still scummy to me. It looks insanely like peter saved Ezio, yavu’s taken to sheeping me on snowy and has been off all game. I think there is scum between one of our two replacees as well and money is on bo currently.

If I die, meh.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2167 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:30 pm

I won't be around at EOD.
Just in case I don't see the day:
Scum:Ezio, Thamrick
Probably Scum: Dargo, Fox and Ike (Snowy if Ike is Doc)

Foxcastle

#2168 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 19, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't know anymore. Ike is still scum, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be happy to see Ezio v. Snowy tomorrow, but I'm more inclined to think Ezio is scum. But Snowy has escaped too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Yavuz seems like his towny self.

I don't see Jamiet as scum, but I've never been able to read him and I think I've consistently miscalled him in other games.

DemonRHK seems town, TrPrado still seems town.

Tham and Darg could be scum.

My reads are all pretty useless, honestly.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2169 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Fox you fail to mention Bo in your reads. What do you think about him?

Foxcastle

#2170 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 pm
Fox you fail to mention Bo in your reads. What do you think about him?
I also left out Rdrivera. I still think it's odd that he's not getting pressure. That seemed like A Thing whether he was town or scum in previous games. Maybe it was just a phase...

Bo could be scum, but I haven't looked hard enough to tell. I am not inclined to think that Chaqa and Reedeer were lurking as a strategy, I think they were just not playing. Bo is midrange for me.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2171 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Spamming (defined as excessive content-free posting; or, excessive posting regarding subjects irrelevant to the game) is not mod-killed by rule in this game. The in-game voting mechanic exists to curb any advantage that spamming as a tactic may confer; please reference the “VOTING” section below for more information. Suffice to say that spamming is not worth anyone’s time in this setup, and will be frowned upon, so while you may not be lynched or mod-killed for spamming, please refrain from doing so.

Players that have other participants on their mute list are asked to remove them for the duration of this game. Disputes stemming from outside of this game should not carry over into the gameplay. If they do, the GM reserves the right to address these issues and potentially remove or sanction players if it becomes a disruption.

If a player is silenced on the forum by the site moderators/admins, an alternate will take their place for the duration of their silence. The silenced player will then have the option to take their position back over or leave it in the hands of the alternate. As long as the silence does not stem from actions involving the mafia thread, there will be no in-game sanctions for a forum silence.

A player wishing to drop out may be replaced at the GM's discretion. Individuals wishing to serve as potential replacements must NOT join the out-of-game God QT. Replacement is not guaranteed.

This game’s Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, unless cut short by in-game mechanics (e.g., hammer). Extensions may be granted at the GM’s discretion, but don’t count on it. Phase shifts will be at 11pm GMT.

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Mafia voting to kill town members in Night phases.

“Lynch” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE VECNA) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted, for reasons of fairness but also because it is unlikely the GM will see your vote using the CTRL+F feature and this rule thus prevents vote miscounts.

Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players must have their vote on a candidate. You may ##VOTE and then ##UNVOTE if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an ##UNVOTE in place.

Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Lynch” is permitted. I started writing this my morning, well before Fox started to talk about cop revealing 3:20 before deadline. I am the cop. I have 2 inno scans n1 teacher, n2 ghug and I also have one guilty scan, N3 on bo_sox. Now N4 I will scan one more. And if I survive and the scan result is guilty I can tell you the result of that scan. I see no point in inno clearing anyone that still is alive, since that person may be the godfather.
I claim now for 3 reasons:
1. I have found one guilty eon3 and that is Bo. I put him on the top of my scum reads d4, even if it was not probable that lynching him would succeed.
2. Town is at risk of loosing and we are desperate to get one good lynch.
3. They may suspect me being cop by now and I may not survive this night.
I post this the last minute in eon4 in hope to get one more guilty scan n4 that I can present to you. And if bo is lynched and turns out to be the hooker, I can produce one more scan N5 if the doc protects me.
So please now everyone reread bo's iso with the guilty scan in mind.

Ezio is town
In the last message from Bo he wrote "we need to flip Ezio". I take this as Ezio is town. Bo's D4 voting supports this too. Who else has seriously been on the line due to Bo's vote?

Jamie scum + Snowy scum?
In his second post he said that Jamie and Snowy are both Town. Knowing that Bo is scum I would read that very differently. Bo continued to defend Jamie heavily. Conclusion Jamie is scum maybe also Snowy (he says alt a is most likely and c is "Option c) makes even less sense").

RHK scum?
RHK mentioned Darg in 2 post last time on page 34 (D1 and N1).
Darg has town read RHK and mentioned him in total 3 posts
Bo seems to coach RHK on page 73: "I already demonstrated why snowy is town. Please read my analysis of EOD2. It came before I even read my role PM, if that makes you feel any better."

Darg scum
Bo mentioned Darg first time on page 104 (2 posts)
Darg mentioned Bo first time on page 81 (2 posts)
They made sure not to interact - seems coordinated. GF?

Tham scum?
Bo's D3 voting and contrived interaction point to that Thamrick is his scum buddy. "04:17 bo_ pet>tha" seems to be some buddying since he moved away. "01:40 bo_ tha>TrP" and ended the day on ALONE on Tham as a good anchor vote "00:18 bo_ TrP>tha".

Proposed lynch order: 1.bo_sox 2.Dargorygel 3.Jamie 4.RagingIke 5.Snowy
Reads EoN4
Scum: bo_sox Dargorygel Jamie RagingIke Snowy
Scummish: Thamrick rdrivera DemonRHK
Null: yavuzovic DrCJG
Town: Ezio TrPrado foxcastle

Hammer Vote: The second level of voting is whether or not to employ the hammer mechanic. By default, days are set to 48 hours long, and nights to 24 hours long; however, players may instead elect to activate the hammer mechanic. Notate this vote with a pair of hashes before the word end. (EX: ##END). The day will end as soon as a majority of players are voting to endhammer the same player. If you are not able to vote before the hammer is dropped, you will not be penalized for failing to vote during that day. Night phases may not normally be hammered - any exception to this will be announced by the GM.

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate QuickTopic thread to discuss this. Please make your votes in bold, like so: kill Zultar (< b > kill Zultar < / b >). Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2172 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 pm

PLEASE HOLD NIGHT HAS ENDED.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2173 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 19, 2018 10:03 pm

The Bonds sat around table, drinks in hand...

Sean Connery: This is like taking candy from a baby.

Pierce Brosnan: Easy as pie.

Roger Moore: Like shooting fish in a barrell.

Timothy Dalton: Simple as ABC

Daniel Craig: I still can't believe we forget to invite George. Whoops.

They looked at the body in front of them and laughed.

DemonRHK HAS DIED. He was May Day, a VANILLA TOWN.

DAY 5 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

RagingIke297

#2174 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:04 pm

I was roleblocked

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2175 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 pm

I got a second GUILTY scan on darg! :)

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2176 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 pm
So he is just ordinary scum not gf but that will do... 8-)

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2177 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 10:08 pm

My first GUILTY scan was bo so ##VOTE BO

RagingIke297

#2178 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:08 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 pm
peterlund wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 pm
So he is just ordinary scum not gf but that will do... 8-)
That's actually optimal Peter, we really would rather have guilty scans

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2179 Post by peterlund » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 pm
I started writing this my morning, well before Fox started to talk about cop revealing 3:20 before deadline. I am the cop. I have 2 inno scans n1 teacher, n2 ghug and I also have one guilty scan, N3 on bo_sox. Now N4 I will scan one more. And if I survive and the scan result is guilty I can tell you the result of that scan. I see no point in inno clearing anyone that still is alive, since that person may be the godfather.

I claim now for 3 reasons:
1. I have found one guilty eon3 and that is Bo. I put him on the top of my scum reads d4, even if it was not probable that lynching him would succeed.
2. Town is at risk of loosing and we are desperate to get one good lynch.
3. They may suspect me being cop by now and I may not survive this night.

I post this the last minute in eon4 in hope to get one more guilty scan n4 that I can present to you. And if bo is lynched and turns out to be the hooker, I can produce one more scan N5 if the doc protects me.
So please now everyone reread bo's iso with the guilty scan in mind.

Ezio is town
In the last message from Bo he wrote "we need to flip Ezio". I take this as Ezio is town. Bo's D4 voting supports this too. Who else has seriously been on the line due to Bo's vote?

Jamie scum + Snowy scum?
In his second post he said that Jamie and Snowy are both Town. Knowing that Bo is scum I would read that very differently. Bo continued to defend Jamie heavily. Conclusion Jamie is scum maybe also Snowy (he says alt a is most likely and c is "Option c) makes even less sense").

RHK scum?
RHK mentioned Darg in 2 post last time on page 34 (D1 and N1).
Darg has town read RHK and mentioned him in total 3 posts
Bo seems to coach RHK on page 73: "I already demonstrated why snowy is town. Please read my analysis of EOD2. It came before I even read my role PM, if that makes you feel any better."

Darg scum
Bo mentioned Darg first time on page 104 (2 posts)
Darg mentioned Bo first time on page 81 (2 posts)
They made sure not to interact - seems coordinated. GF?

Tham scum?
Bo's D3 voting and contrived interaction point to that Thamrick is his scum buddy. "04:17 bo_ pet>tha" seems to be some buddying since he moved away. "01:40 bo_ tha>TrP" and ended the day on ALONE on Tham as a good anchor vote "00:18 bo_ TrP>tha".

Proposed lynch order: 1.bo_sox 2.Dargorygel 3.Jamie 4.RagingIke 5.Snowy
Reads EoN4
Scum: bo_sox Dargorygel Jamie RagingIke Snowy
Scummish: Thamrick rdrivera DemonRHK
Null: yavuzovic DrCJG
Town: Ezio TrPrado foxcastle
For the people having problem finding my message in the long last minute post before EoN4, I extracted my message in the quote above.

RagingIke297

#2180 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Last night I was prevented from protecting RDR, I picked someone out of the cop pool I thought scum might try to hit