MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1681 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm
I feel like Rdrivera usually gets more pressure than this and he's been largely ignored this game.
You can start it, why ask the others to do your job?

I finished re-reading EOD3 and night and will write my thoughts about it. It could take a bit longer as I am on phone.
Well, I'm not sure you're scum. You weren't scum when you were getting pressure in those previous games. I'm just noting an interesting dynamic, but maybe those other games were the outliers. If there's an experienced scum team, maybe they're the same people who would be pressuring you as scum if they were town, but aren't pressuring you because you're part of the team? (Which is a hypothetical, not a scumread.)
To be honest, I also expect to have more pressure on me after winning two games in a row as scum 8-)
Maybe I am not getting more pressure because I am town this time or maybe because there are people more scummy. I also agree that we should not let people unchecked, like me, Dargo, Demon and even you (Reedeer got some pressure and I was town reading him).

RagingIke297

#1682 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 pm
Ike is scum, and I agree with Ghug we need to force him to claim a specific role and maybe even declare his target at EON. Otherwise he will probably try to force us to myslinch a townie with a fake guilty scan or force a PR or even both to expose himself. There is no world where scum won´t at least roleblock a real PR. And my guess he is not claiming to have been roleblocked to be able to fake a guilty scan at some point.
I will claim my full role as well as all of my actions if 11 people want me to out of the remaining 15 (not counting myself). That number makes it so more townies than scum need to vote yes.

Foxcastle

#1683 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm

This is dumb. This is scum trying to 1) waste Town's time during the night phase by wrangling a dumb vote, and 2) get a PR counterclaim that they can actually NK.

Either Ike is scum, in which case we should lynch him (and this also explains why he hasn't been NK'd), or...

Ike is the Doctor, or...

Ike is the shittiest cop for making himself vulnerable to the NK without divulging his scans for town to use.

I don't see any reasonable explanation for why Ike is still alive if he's town. Yes, he's an un-CC'd PR, because—against all odds—our actual PRs are not so stupid as to come bumbling out with with counterclaims.

I think it's time to lynch Ike.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1684 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm not sure I feel quite as strongly about yav and bo as he does, but rd's analysis there is otherwise pretty on point.

rd, what about Yav's vote makes him clearly town in your eyes? Did you not find bo's logic sound after EoD2?

I agree that everyone needs closer looks. Darg struck me as very town early. He's done less lately. He's been bad at hiding as scum in the past. I still lean town, but it's probably worth a reread to see if he's hiding and banking on old townreads. Rd hasn't done anything notably scummy in my eyes. I've already expressed doubts of Fox and RHK.

I vote for Ike to reveal.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1685 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Oh, and I largely agree with Fox, but I imagine this is the only way we succeed in backing him into a corner by EoN, which is when we really want him to claim. I am *not* in favor of an immediate counterclaim.

RagingIke297

#1686 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm
This is dumb. This is scum trying to 1) waste Town's time during the night phase by wrangling a dumb vote, and 2) get a PR counterclaim that they can actually NK.

Either Ike is scum, in which case we should lynch him (and this also explains why he hasn't been NK'd), or...

Ike is the Doctor, or...

Ike is the shittiest cop for making himself vulnerable to the NK without divulging his scans for town to use.

I don't see any reasonable explanation for why Ike is still alive if he's town. Yes, he's an un-CC'd PR, because—against all odds—our actual PRs are not so stupid as to come bumbling out with with counterclaims.

I think it's time to lynch Ike.
1) Oh yeah, I'm for sure wasting towns time because we always get so much discussion done at night.
2) I would wait until the last few minutes to post so if someone did counter claim they could wait literally a few seconds until D4 starts and are safe from the N3 NK, but this point is moot because of the next point
Next Point) There's not going to be a counter claim, scum wouldn't waste a member to counter claim since we obviously have no clue who they are or what were doing

Foxcastle

#1687 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm

I vote for Ike to make his claim.

That's 2.

thamrick

#1688 Post by thamrick » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Well, some considerations about last EOD:

I think now that Snowy is town. His reactions at EOD were really hard to fake and I never see a scum resign in a close voting like that, he didn’t even vote Telamor.

Thamrick is scum. His justification to vote Telamor is pure bullshit and it’s a good scum move to lynch Telamor and have Snowy as another target for the next day.

Ike is scum, and I agree with Ghug we need to force him to claim a specific role and maybe even declare his target at EON. Otherwise he will probably try to force us to myslinch a townie with a fake guilty scan or force a PR or even both to expose himself. There is no world where scum won´t at least roleblock a real PR. And my guess he is not claiming to have been roleblocked to be able to fake a guilty scan at some point.

I am not completely sure at Balki, but I will not be against lynching him. I just can’t find a reason to roleblock him N1 and then left him around this way and his pattern to generate some chaos at EOD doesn’t look towny.

Yav is town, his vote on Snowy is as town as it can be.

I am starting to have bad vibes about Bo, he was so sure about Snowy after EOD2 that it’s like he have some info we don’t.
That would be a fair point, except I'm not trying to lynch snowy. I'm pretty sure he's town. You like to criticize EoD results and actions, but you've got a pretty convenient habit of always being busy (driving, at the beach, etc) during EoDs.

I agree with you about Ike and Balki. The uncertainty around Ike is causing far more confusion than it's worth. Balki's reaction to the EoD result was off. But why is yav's vote "as town as it can be?"

I'm still pretty convinced bo is scum, but your reason is garbage. Bo is always sure of himself in an arrogant and condescending way. What else is giving you bad vibes about him?

thamrick

#1689 Post by thamrick » Wed May 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Didn't see that ghug had already asked rdr about his yav vote.

3 for Ike claim

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1690 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Rd asked Ike to claim as well.

ghug
Rd
Fox
Tham

Rd is always busy at EoD. Pretty sure that's NAI.

Jamiet99uk

#1691 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 3:45 pm

My vote makes 4, Ike.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1692 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm
Thanks Tom.

@TrPrado: During D2 you appeared convinced that Telamor and I were scum team-mates. Now that you know what Telamor's alignment is, how does this alter your theories?
I’m looking into it, worry not. You two seemed to fit really well together, but I’m not entirely sure he had to be scum to make you scum.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1693 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm

What’s this about asking Ike to claim?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1694 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Try reading.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1695 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm

I never learned how, sorry

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1696 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I will claim my full role as well as all of my actions if 11 people want me to out of the remaining 15 (not counting myself). That number makes it so more townies than scum need to vote yes.
This feels like one of those silly “How many RT’s for ______” things on Twitter

In which case go ahead and put my name down for it

RagingIke297

#1697 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:13 pm

6 of 11 Currently:
ghug
Rd
Fox
Tham
Jamie
TrPrado

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1698 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Well, some considerations about last EOD:

I think now that Snowy is town. His reactions at EOD were really hard to fake and I never see a scum resign in a close voting like that, he didn’t even vote Telamor.

Thamrick is scum. His justification to vote Telamor is pure bullshit and it’s a good scum move to lynch Telamor and have Snowy as another target for the next day.

I am not completely sure at Balki, but I will not be against lynching him. I just can’t find a reason to roleblock him N1 and then left him around this way and his pattern to generate some chaos at EOD doesn’t look towny.

Yav is town, his vote on Snowy is as town as it can be.

I am starting to have bad vibes about Bo, he was so sure about Snowy after EOD2 that it’s like he have some info we don’t.
That would be a fair point, except I'm not trying to lynch snowy. I'm pretty sure he's town. You like to criticize EoD results and actions, but you've got a pretty convenient habit of always being busy (driving, at the beach, etc) during EoDs.

I agree with you about Ike and Balki. The uncertainty around Ike is causing far more confusion than it's worth. Balki's reaction to the EoD result was off. But why is yav's vote "as town as it can be?"

I'm still pretty convinced bo is scum, but your reason is garbage. Bo is always sure of himself in an arrogant and condescending way. What else is giving you bad vibes about him?
Fair point about my EODs, it's a bad time to me as I work until 1 hour to EOD and usually have to pick my daughter at school on my way home. If anything goes wrong, specially traffic, I am driving at EOD (yesterday I stopped twice to be able to vote). No beaches now, it isn't summer anymore.

And I didn't said YOU want to lynch Snowy, but that it's a good scum move to lynch Telamor and let Snowy to be a viable myslinch. And even better if you let the townies do the dirty job.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1699 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm

I am in favor of Ike claiming his role and his actions so far. But he should not post the person he is scanning/saving tonight. If there is a Doc save, we will have a way of testing who is Doc so long as nobody knows the save target. And if Ike is indeed Cop, better to keep his scan target tonight hidden, as it is of no benefit if Ike dies tonight, and if Ike survives, it's better to post his scan the end of tomorrow night.

@Ike, if you are town, you need to do this in the final 10 seconds of the phase. Prepare the post, make it long. Put your claim some place in the middle or end of the post so that scum cannot find it quickly and react to it.

If you are scum, go ahead and claim now.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1700 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 pm
I'm not sure I feel quite as strongly about yav and bo as he does, but rd's analysis there is otherwise pretty on point.

rd, what about Yav's vote makes him clearly town in your eyes? Did you not find bo's logic sound after EoD2?

I agree that everyone needs closer looks. Darg struck me as very town early. He's done less lately. He's been bad at hiding as scum in the past. I still lean town, but it's probably worth a reread to see if he's hiding and banking on old townreads. Rd hasn't done anything notably scummy in my eyes. I've already expressed doubts of Fox and RHK.

I vote for Ike to reveal.
He voted to break a tie to lynch Snowy when it's not needed and even if Snowy is also town I can't see why scum Yav will cast that vote.

Bo is more a general feeling then a rational argument.