Jamie dead posting

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Jamie dead posting

#1 Post by peterlund » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 am

Really annoying I agree. It got me thinking though.

This shit could be avoided be running also the game thread on the bot. (Game postings made on the bot). Immediately when the GM declares someone dead or replaced, the bot could make sure that no more post from that individual is accepted. Just an idea and it would take a bit of time to implement if there is any interest...

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Jamie dead posting

#2 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am

Thanks for your presentation of a solution peter.

I think that there was a lot of emotion involved in everything that has transpired. I would ask people to keep an open and understanding mind. Please allow me the time and opportunity to address the situation as I see fit as the GM of this game.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by peterlund » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

Agree fully. This was just a thought for the future.

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 pm

I am a deeply flawed individual who is sometimes an absolute asshole when I'm drunk.

That's what I was last night, and I genuinely apologise.

I should be banned from the next Mafia game and will sit it out even if there is no formal ban.

For the complete avoidance of doubt, when I deadposted (which of course I should not have done) I had not seen the God QT. Indeed at the time of posting this message, I still have not seen it.

Sorry everyone.

brainbomb

#5 Post by brainbomb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Jamie, you wanted to be on the council.

You realize you gotta go a year without a rule vio to even be an option.

I was banned from gming for like 1.5 years for my drunken deletion of a discord game in may 2016.

1.5 years for one indiscretion. You have dead posted, and done irrational things too often. I dont think banning you for a game will change the crazy behavior you use. But im against banning you anyway because these are just games and its just drama.

That being said, treat the integrity of the game better dude. Take ownership when in the moment, not after you fuck up.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:21 pm

That's a good idea, peterlund, but I don't think it's worth your time to implement. It's a fairly small problem. If someone actually compromises the integrity of the game, keeping those posts off the bot doesn't help a whole lot.

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm

I was banned from gming for like 1.5 years for my drunken deletion of a discord game in may 2016.

1.5 years for one indiscretion. You have dead posted, and done irrational things too often. I dont think banning you for a game will change the crazy behavior you use. But im against banning you anyway because these are just games and its just drama.

That being said, treat the integrity of the game better dude. Take ownership when in the moment, not after you fuck up.
Dude, don't lecture me. You deadposted in the last game I GM-ed. In the Mafia QT (when you weren't even on the Mafia team), no less.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8 Post by ghug » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Someone else's hypocrisy doesn't make what you did any less wrong.

I appreciate your apology and your self-imposed ban, but you've demonstrated that this is a pattern at this point, which is really problematic.

Incrementalist

#9 Post by Incrementalist » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm

I assume there's no rule against dead posting in the actual Diplomacy games, considering the UI allows you to do it, and I don't clearly see it in the rules. Is this correct?

brainbomb

#10 Post by brainbomb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Dude, don't lecture me. You deadposted in the last game I GM-ed. In the Mafia QT (when you weren't even on the Mafia team), no less.

saying DILLY DILLY in the maf QT is not only hilarious, it should be encouraged.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11 Post by ghug » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Incrementalist wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm
I assume there's no rule against dead posting in the actual Diplomacy games, considering the UI allows you to do it, and I don't clearly see it in the rules. Is this correct?
You're correct. There's no rule or even cultural standard barring you from talking after death in a dip game. This is about an unrelated game being played on the forum.

Durga

#12 Post by Durga » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 pm
Incrementalist wrote:
You're correct. There's no rule or even cultural standard barring you from talking after death in a dip game. This is about an unrelated game being played on the forum.
Interestingly, once you're dead in a f2f game you're no longer allowed to comment on the board (at least, in the tournaments I've been to)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#13 Post by ghug » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 pm
Incrementalist wrote:
Interestingly, once you're dead in a f2f game you're no longer allowed to comment on the board (at least, in the tournaments I've been to)
That is interesting. I guess it could limit metagaming the tournament scoring a tiny bit? I like being able to chat in games I've died in.