M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#3961 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 pm
this does feel like one of those scenario's where we all stick our heads together and agree (more or less) and nail scum real bad in the last 20-30 mins
Do you feel like that's Balki?
I dont wanna kill him. im way too 50/50 there, and its just too early

I feel like him and Jamiet are the only high profile players atm that are at some risk of pulling one over on us, and im fine with that.

Nephthys

#3962 Post by Nephthys » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Not gonna be able to contribute much sorry, am 4 hrs into a 15hr shift. If things get super quiet I’ll be able to read up but happy with where my vote is.

Still about 20hrs behind

President Eden

#3963 Post by President Eden » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm

DAY2 VOTE COUNT ELEVEN: 'CAUSE AT FIVE O'CLOCK, THEY TAKE ME TO THE NOT-GALLOWS-BECAUSE-WE-BANNED-THE-L-WORD POLE EDITION

Hamilton Brian (6): Nephthys, Balki Bartokomous, celaph, Fluminator, Maniac, Chaqa
Balki Bartokomous (4): bozotheclown, Hellenic Riot, kgray, BunnyGo
kgray (4): worcej, VashtaNeurotic, damo666, brainbomb
worcej (2): aarodactyl, Yoyoyozo
Maniac (2): Durga, ghug
Nephthys (2): Hamilton Brian, Vecna
Bozotheclown (1): Jamiet99uk
damo666 (1): e.m.c^42

UNVOTE (1): Bonatogether

With 00h45m left in Day 2, the sands of time are running low for Hamilton Brian.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3964 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 pm
this does feel like one of those scenario's where we all stick our heads together and agree (more or less) and nail scum real bad in the last 20-30 mins

I feel like him and Jamiet are the only high profile players atm that are at some risk of pulling one over on us, and im fine with that.
How am I not in this group?

Vecna

#3965 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:16 pm

kgray wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 pm

I'm going to be really upset if you turn out to be scum, Vecna.
Think of the reverse. I feel ive stuck my neck out for you a lot more then visa versa
Well when you have a bunch of lazy players not reading what you're saying and just voting based on D1 voting patterns, I'll return the favor ;)
dont jinx me woman, lmao

once a year is enough

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3966 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm

##VOTE brain

Anyone paying attention knows which of the three wagons I'll pick if it comes down to it, but I'd much rather go this way.

I'll be back in a bit.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3967 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 pm
Balki is part of my towncore, so I'm unwilling to vote for him.

##Vote Hamilton Brian

Would also vote Maniac or worcej. Would not vote kgray.
It really feels like you have not participated anywhere near enough to "have a towncore"

load of pretentious horseshit thats actually damaging to balki lol

Now you roused my curiosity
Read my posts. I explained it already.

Vecna

#3968 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm
Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:

How am I not in this group?
I forced my brain to ignore the suspicion and just roll with it

e.m.c^42

#3969 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Up again, I see nothing terrific appeared?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3970 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Does anyone have any reasons they're townreading Hamilton that I'm missing?

All I've been given so far is he left the Maniac wagon day 1 onto yoyo putting the Teacon wagon in the lead.
I'm not townreading him at all. I know that in every game I've played with him people scumread him for having seemingly illogical thought processes that they couldn't follow or for not really being able to explain his votes/reads. So that's NAI, but this game it just feels like he's got a different perspective. Less unsure.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3971 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Hamilton Brian

Why is Balki in your towncore?

Vecna

#3972 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Hamilton Brian

It really feels like you have not participated anywhere near enough to "have a towncore"

He literally said his towncore was the six people who voted for teacon.
well, that makes his argument just that much worse, doesnt it?

Vecna

#3973 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:19 pm

Maniac wrote:
Just dropping by quickly. It always annoys me that town have this habit of forming circular firing squads. So easy for just a few scum to lead a daykill. We’re gone 47hrs now. If you’re voting for someone who has one or two votes, either make a very strong case to get people over to your thinking or move to a major wagon and continue your pet target tomorrow.

TIA
Just tell your communicator to type faster Maniac

e.m.c^42

#3974 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 pm

kgray has enough town points for me to avoid wagon. HB I won't mind but kind of feel like his period of post weirdness is is chemical enlightenment plus he seems lazy easy jump for some.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3975 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:08 pm

I can absolutely buy the argument that he was scum who felt he was being caught for the wrong reasons that someone made at the time, though
People always say that and I feel like it's a way to justify confbias...
Do they? I felt like he was arguing the point rather than arguing against my scumread - it was odd.
It was nitpicky, but that's what I mean by what I'd expect from Balki regardless of alignment lol

Vecna

#3976 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm
Not gonna be able to contribute much sorry, am 4 hrs into a 15hr shift. If things get super quiet I’ll be able to read up but happy with where my vote is.

Still about 20hrs behind
Ah shit, youre in the medical profession ofcourse. No wonder u cant keep up with this clusterfuck.

Jamiet99uk

#3977 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello again, Fellow Communists.

I am here for EoD but last saw the game on page 177 so I have some catching up to do, and not a of time to do it in.

I notice from the Bot that Yoyo is here and has made five posts. Five! Wow. Stop spamming the thread, keyboard-addict! Who's this motormouth and what has he done with the real Yoyo?

I'm sad to see the Bozo wagon has vanished in my absence. Did Bozo claim a juicy role or something?

Any really important questions for me? I'll be on now and as attentive as possible until EoD.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3978 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 pm

ghug wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Hamilton Brian

He literally said his towncore was the six people who voted for teacon.
Ah, never mind @Chaqa

Vecna

#3979 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 pm

##vote HB

all the scummy people are protecting this slot anyway

aarodactyl

#3980 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Ok. I'm finally doing my reread of the entire game so far (now that I'm starting to be able to remember who is saying what). A few disclaimers before all my comments:

-A lot of early reads from other players had to do with people's behavior and comparing it to previous games. Since this is my first game, I'm not going to be able to make any reads like that. However, I am going to note when those reads come up.
-I'm probably going to misread (in terms of reading comprehension, not alignment reading) or just straight up miss some posts because of how many posts there are. I promise this is not intentional, and if I mess something up, please let me know.
-I'm going to organize it by making comments about groups of 5 pages of posts. I'll try to include some page/post numbers where I feel like it's relevant. However, I'm not going to directly quote posts because this is already going to be a very long post.
-I'm going to post this after I'm done with D1, but I'll do a similar post for N1 and D2 so far.

P1-P5

EMC starts the game by voting chaqa. This sounds like a meme, and I don't think it's anything. Vecna votes brain. I don't read in this at all either. In general, everyone is just sounding excited to be playing mafia. Vecna does a lot of scumreading on pages 4-5 and ends up voting for 3 people so far. I'm not taking any of it seriously so far. Brain is posting a ton.

P6-P10

On page 6, bozo enters the game with the white text post. I don't really care about this, but I remember it being referred to a lot, so I figured I'd point it out. On page 8, HB votes for kgray. However, they follow it up saying they're sore about a previous game and that they don't intend to stay there. On page 8, bunny posts the first reference to peterbot. I don't think it gives any alignment read based on my knowledge of bunny. I think it's weird that Brain immediately responses with a post that starts with "this is pro town, but more just courteous in general" and then ends with "and yea, bunny is town". On page 9, there's an interaction between brain and bona where brain asks bona to make some scumreads. Bona says HR and bunny and town and EMC and durga are potentially scum. Considering the game pretty much just started, it seems a bit weird to me.

P11-P15

On page 11, flum and I vote each other because they make a joke about voting new players off. I think I confused brain and bunny with my entrance as well. Bunny then asks me a lot of questions. This doesn't give me any info on him because we know each other outside of the game. On page 13 worcej enters the game, and page 14 is them catching up on posts. Also brain is still posting a lot. Tea also enters on page 13 and posts a bit about whiskey.

P16-P20

Page 16 is just worcej and ghug responding to posts they've missed. I'm still waiting for this game to heat up. Page 17, ghug says to vote worcej due to personal reasons. At the end of the page, worcej says they think bunny could be town. There's also some tension between worcej and HR at the beginning of page 19. Durga calls out ghug for provoking worcej. Worcej makes personal attacks on ghug, HR, and bo. Probably just noise.

P21-P25

On page 21, brain makes some reads that stand out to me. They sus balki, teacon, and HB (and a bit of sus on ghug). This strikes me as the first time anyone scumread teacon. Also generally people think HB and balki could be scum. On page 22, ghug and worcej fight about WA state politics. This is interesting because I'm also in WA state. Page 23, ND comes into the game and immediately votes durga. Next two posts are attacking brain and bona for no reason. Also in here kgray agrees with brain that balki and tea are scummy, but pushes back on HB being scummy. ND calls me defensive for voting flum on page 24, which was honestly fair. ND then says it's weird that bona and I both voted flum. Which is again fair, and I think it makes me a bit suspicious of Bona. (as an aside, he also make fun of asking people to use daykill as a term. I had forgotten this and makes me double down on voting him D1 even though he was town).

P26-30

Pages 26 and 27 are pretty much all ND trying to rile every active player up. Bona defends his meme vote on flum to a lot of people. Neph throws sus on me. Which I guess is fine because I had a weird entrance. Bona and celaph both say that bunny is town and that Durga might be. Neph slightly pushes back on this claim saying that they think the read on bunny should be null. At this point, Balki has also posted a few times and they have all very concise and directed. I don't think this indicates much but I'm trying to get a read on them to understand their voting. Celaph explains their townread on bunny by citing how they shared peterbot and talked to me. I don't buy either of those things as town.

P31-35

Vecna is catching up with the game for what seems like the first time since the first moments of the game. They also reply to one comment at a time as they're reading which is fine, but it does take up almost 5 pages. They do end with scumreading teacon among others, and in general I think I agree with their reads. at the end of page 35, jamie comes in for bo. Bo was on a lot of scum lists.

P36-40

Jamie starts posting. Bunny tries to get them to slip with the whole role DM thing. Maniac also appears. Maniac votes for bona seemingly as a joke. Durga says the tone of maniac's posts seems off. There's a lot of posting from ghug and worcej. Chaqa comes in to mention that there are 40 pages. HR comes in to talk about alcohol.

P41-45

Teacon comes back into the game and starts asking me questions. Then asks bona and celaph to chime in too. I'm honestly not sure why they did this. I'm not sure if it's an attempt to appear as town or if they're trying to get one of their scummates to talk more. Tea also called out Vash for being low effort, but that's fair imo. yoyo posts for the first time on page 43. Teacon makes a comment saying the ND/durga conflict is good for scum and should be stopped. It's unclear if this is Teacon trying to act like town or trying to restart the conflict. Either way, it makes me think durga could be good. On page 44, HR comes in to say that they think ND is scum.

P41-45

Teacon comes back into the game and starts asking me questions. Then asks bona and celaph to chime in too. I'm honestly not sure why they did this. I'm not sure if it's an attempt to appear as town or if they're trying to get one of their scummates to talk more. Tea also called out Vash for being low effort, but that's fair imo. yoyo posts for the first time on page 43. Teacon makes a comment saying the ND/durga conflict is good for scum and should be stopped. It's unclear if this is Teacon trying to act like town or trying to restart the conflict. Either way, it makes me think durga could be good. On page 44, HR comes in to say that they think ND is scum.

Reads

I've spent way too long writing this post, and there's no way I'll finish the other 60% of D1 by EOD2. So I'm just going to say my reads based on recent activity, D1 voting and the first half of D1.

town
-brain (going back and reading, I agree with a lot of their reads and they are in line what has happened since).
-vash (based only on voting)
-kgray (I don't feel strongly about the their voting record after looking back at the posts. Also rdr seems to think they were town, and they seemed to have good d1 reads)

Scum
-bunny (he's done a lot of things that I am suspicious of. Including the QT thing with Cel and the weird interaction with trying to get jamie to scumslip. I'm still not sure about this read though)
-HB (I sussed them yesterday for their reaction to the QT thing and also for voting for ND. Their D1 posting was mostly casual talk and then pushing the ND wagon. Also I don't like their reads from day 68)
-Balki (I still think they're likely scum based on their voting. However not enough to jump on that wagon yet)

I'm going to jump on the HB wagon for now since it's my strongest feeling. I'm very open to switching though.

##vote HB