M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#3501 Post by brainbomb » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Vash hair gel survey
1. biolage
2. pomme
3. dapper dan
4. chicken grease
5. rubber cement
6. hair spray
7. other

Bonatogether

#3502 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:30 pm
as for scum having a daychat I dont think we established if they do. pretty pointless to wonder about too
Read the setup and tell me where it says that there is even a possibility for scum to have a daychat? There is no encryptor in this setup. What makes you think there is any doubt about whether or not there's a scum daychat? They don't, and it's perfectly clear. Are you trying to townslip?
They might have a Coordinator, though.
President Eden wrote: Coordinator: You have no special night action. Instead, as long as you are not dead, you may post in the team QuickTopic thread during the day phase.
You win with the MAFIA.

e.m.c^42

#3503 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:41 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:10 pm
how refreshing that everyone is copying my wont vote cutoff
me

++++++++++++ cutoff line ++++++++++++

everyone else
This is what I mean by damo is too happy, lol.

aarodactyl

#3504 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
as for scum having a daychat I dont think we established if they do. pretty pointless to wonder about too
First of all, what?

Seriously, what?

Read the setup and tell me where it says that there is even a possibility for scum to have a daychat? There is no encryptor in this setup. What makes you think there is any doubt about whether or not there's a scum daychat? They don't, and it's perfectly clear. Are you trying to townslip?

---------------------

Second of all, @Chaqa: What on earth is "hanging vote theory" ??

It would be helpful if you could define that term as I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean.

---------------------

Third of all @Vecna, thanks for pointing out the omission of Hellenic Riot. He's a null for now. Hasn't made much of an impression on me.
Maybe I don’t understand what you’re referring to by day chat is but isn’t there a possibility of a Coordinator mafia role?

Also, my cats woke me up early so there goes the chance I had at sleeping in. I still need to do a lot of reading before I can get any reads in

aarodactyl

#3505 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
They might have a Coordinator, though.
President Eden wrote: Coordinator: You have no special night action. Instead, as long as you are not dead, you may post in the team QuickTopic thread during the day phase.
You win with the MAFIA.
Oh. I got beaten to making this point.

Vecna

#3506 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Also, chaqa's reasoning that I always buddy him as scum is fake news. The last game especially I was deathtunneling him all game.

What gave you that impression Chaqa?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3507 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
First of all, what?

Seriously, what?

---------------------

It would be helpful if you could define that term as I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean.

---------------------

Third of all @Vecna, thanks for pointing out the omission of Hellenic Riot. He's a null for now. Hasn't made much of an impression on me.
I’ve always posited (with some data to back it up) that scum are much more likely to leave their votes “hanging” on a non-relevant wagon on Day 1.

brainbomb

#3508 Post by brainbomb » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:47 pm

I give it 50 minutes before Jamie calls the GM for more info on the coordinator role

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3509 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Day 2… vote count 8
Hamilton Brian (5): Nephthys, Durga, Balki, celaph, flum
Bozotheclown (5): Jamie, damo, Vecna, Hamilton, Bonatogether
kgray (3): Maniac, worcej,vashta
e.m.c^42 (2) HR, kgray
Balki Bartokomous (2): bozo, bunny
Aarodactyl (1): ghug
Jamiet99uk (1): Chaqa
Worcej (1): brain
Damo (1): einstein

If present trends continue, no one will be declared guilty, because the jury is hung, the vote is tied, the community is undecided, and y’all decided you like luke-warm soup.
Not yet voted: aarodactyl, yoyo
Insufficient poster: yoyo

Day ends in around 7 hours and 12 minutes.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3510 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm
Also, chaqa's reasoning that I always buddy him as scum is fake news. The last game especially I was deathtunneling him all game.

What gave you that impression Chaqa?
Memory is a fragile thing

Vecna

#3511 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:37 pm
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJXn9GvB/
hot reads, hot reads, hear all about it

worcej

#3512 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:50 pm

celaph wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 am
celaph wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:24 am

<snip>

My D2 vote is on HB. I wrote in an earlier post (here: viewtopic.php?p=194636#p194636) about why I'm voting for HB.
To expand on that, I feel very underwhelmed by HB's defense thus far. Asked me about my vote on him, appears to accepted it and moved on. Asked bb about his opinion on teacon's last message, received a vague response about teacon hiding scum by not mentioning them and moved on. Also feel weird about HB asking for any feelings on Maniac's D1 Durga vote that both rdr and myself used to justify our votes on him. It feels scattered and that all doesn't sit right with me, hence my suspicion.

In terms of other reads that I haven't yet verbalized, I don't have great feelings about Damo and EMC. The latter for the really weak sus on the former (including a vote on damo despite being around at EoD). The former for their D1 Maniac vote.

<snip>
Isn't the scum more likely to be organized and moving with a solid direction? They know who's town, and there's a chance that there's a coordinator posting in their QT to keep them acting according to plan. I don't buy this reasoning for a sus on Hamilton.

I agree that emc isn't looking too hot at the moment, but you sus Damo for his maniac vote, even though you also voted maniac d1 and were around at EoD (you posted on page 109, EoD was 110). Why's this?
I would think that town have an easier narrative to fall back to when their reads fall apart. Presumably there were good reasons for their moves and they can work to justify those moves as reasonable given their information despite being wrong. Scum don't have that fall back as their position is built on lies and faulty premises.

Granted, HB's choice to prioritize finding other scum as his defense could be a play style choice by him. I believe he said so himself. If these efforts lead somewhere, I could be convinced to change my vote. In the mean time, I'm concerned that the lack of follow up on his questions means he isn't getting anywhere.

I've seen your second question, but have to step away at the moment. Will respond when I get back on.
I don't like this post personally. How does town have an easier narrative when their reads fall apart? Scum's narrative is built on lies, but unless they're awful, they have easy town reads to make because they know who town is. This is why you have to be careful of the people who just shout who town players are.

I think HB's defense of pointing at more scummy people is NAI because a flailing towny can do it while a struggling scum can too. I cannot form my own opinion on this until I actually read HB's posts.

Jamiet99uk

#3513 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I’ve always posited (with some data to back it up) that scum are much more likely to leave their votes “hanging” on a non-relevant wagon on Day 1.
How the fuck does that make me scum??

I voted for ND!!

Please explain to me how the ND wagon was a "non-relevant wagon" and I am therefore scummy for being on it on Day 1?

Vecna

#3514 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
First of all, what?

Seriously, what?

---------------------

---------------------

wasting using the word positing a scum signal?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3515 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

How the fuck does that make me scum??

I voted for ND!!

Please explain to me how the ND wagon was a "non-relevant wagon" and I am therefore scummy for being on it on Day 1?
Deliberately obtuse Jamie.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3516 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:21 am
I'm going to ##Vote Jamiet

I think teacon likely parked his vote on a scum teammate. It's a really common Day 1 scum tactic.
^^ For Jamie so he can feign shock and outrage

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3517 Post by Chaqa » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

First of all, what?

Seriously, what?

---------------------

---------------------

wasting using the word positing a scum signal?
I've tried to decipher the meaning of this post and I can't. Can you elaborate?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3518 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:59 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 am
Town reads:
Vashta (for putting tea two votes ahead of ND)

Scum reads:
Balki (their voting seemed super strange)
Celaph (for their respond to the QT question)
HB (for being in the overlap of two of my lists)
Kgrey (for being in the overlap of the QT thing and for switching voting from tea to ND)
I think you are underestimating how quickly things can change at EOD. Balki did not vote for teacon at a time when it wouldn't matter. One minute left is plenty of times for things to change.

I specifically scumread celaph for Bunny's QT question so it doesn't make sense for you to scumread me for that if you thought it was a coordinated mafia plan to get him towncred.

aarodactyl

#3519 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:59 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 am
Town reads:
Vashta (for putting tea two votes ahead of ND)

Scum reads:
Balki (their voting seemed super strange)
Celaph (for their respond to the QT question)
HB (for being in the overlap of two of my lists)
Kgrey (for being in the overlap of the QT thing and for switching voting from tea to ND)
I think you are underestimating how quickly things can change at EOD. Balki did not vote for teacon at a time when it wouldn't matter. One minute left is plenty of times for things to change.

I specifically scumread celaph for Bunny's QT question so it doesn't make sense for you to scumread me for that if you thought it was a coordinated mafia plan to get him towncred.
I thought you supported the towncred movement when I went back to read it. However, I very well could have misread something. I’ll check back on that when I’m at my computer in a bit.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3520 Post by kgray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:33 am
I think the best argument in kgray's favor is that I would expect her to follow through bussing teacon if she were scum.
No it's not, the best argument in my favor is that I'm actually trying to solve this game.