M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 1191

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3901 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:01 am

So you scumread for his response, or you just take nothing from it?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 724

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3902 Post by flash2015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 am

Why haven't people moved off damo yet?

##VOTE worcej

Not liking the vanity wagon on D1. Seems like he is way too cool this game...

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 724

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3903 Post by flash2015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am

Could Tom be 3P?

Donny Dude
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 am
Location: Norcal
Karma: 547

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3904 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 am
Why haven't people moved off damo yet?

##VOTE worcej

Not liking the vanity wagon on D1. Seems like he is way too cool this game...
Is there anything other than the d1 wagon that has you voting for worcej?

Donny Dude
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 am
Location: Norcal
Karma: 547

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3905 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
Could Tom be 3P?
What makes you think that?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 339

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3906 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
Could Tom be 3P?
What is even the point of saying this? Could you be 3p? Could bozo? Could ghug?

Sure. Anyone could be 3p.

Is there anything specific about Tom that makes you think he's the 3p?

bozotheclown
Posts: 7446
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 815

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3907 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:27 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 pm


Your stance on daykilling flash for lurking sure has changed since M59.
I thought flash was a good DK in M59 D1 for lack of a better scum read because I have seen him lurk like that as scum, but it was when he self voted that I pushed harder for him to be the DK. I still think his lurking this game is something he could and would do as scum.
I forgot about his self-vote, but you were pushing him pretty hard well before that. Although, since he was town in M59, it would make sense for you to back off of that meta read. I'm surprised you didn't bring that up.
Yes, I was arguing that he was a good DK because his level of activity (very low) reminded me of M47 when he was scum. I knew then that flash often lurks D1 as town, so his flipping town only slightly changed his town lurking to scum lurking ratio. There is a difference however, in that M59 D1 he had provided no information to base a read on, and he kept his joke vote on summit almost all D1 when summit was not a wagon. In this game, keeping his vote on summit all D1 was more significant, regardless of how that is interpreted.

I would like to point out though that I am not defending flash this game, I think he very well could be lurking as scum, and I can see him voting for summit as his teammate to maintain his recent pattern.

Durga
Posts: 6867
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 1441

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3908 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:08 am

I'm here what's up

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 339

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3909 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 am

Alright bozo et al. I've read Donny's iso.

I still don't think he seemed scummy D1 at all. Yes he parroted a few opinions but he also gave plenty of his own, and he wasn't hiding. He was the first to bring up certain topics (like damo's inconsistencies with his reads list and his vote for me, and Durga's townread of HR based on only a few posts). He definitely wasn't *only* repeating what others said. In terms of vibes, I really get nothing scummy from him.

In terms of votes, I'm also not seeing what's so incriminating. Donny did seem to avoid the summit wagon and didn't talk about summit much, but afaik he's not familiar with summit's meta so that argument wouldn't be as persuasive to him as it was to others. The biggest indicator to me is that if he'd wanted to vote for a town counterwagon to summit, he could have voted Chaqa instead of Maniac at 5 hours until EOD.

I'm getting a similar feeling from the rest of his iso. I don't really get what he's looking for in terms of scumhunting - he's called a few things scummy that I don't think are scum-indicative at all, and he's not very helpful when explaining his reads. But I don't see how it's scum motivated, especially some of the times where he gave people who were under a lot of pressure towny points. That's not something I generally do as scum so it seems to me like he's genuinely trying to figure out people's alignments, even though I don't understand what his criteria are.

Overall, he's certainly not a strong townread of mine so I'm not really going to defend him. But I'm not very convinced that he's scum either.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 724

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3910 Post by flash2015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
Could Tom be 3P?
What is even the point of saying this? Could you be 3p? Could bozo? Could ghug?

Sure. Anyone could be 3p.

Is there anything specific about Tom that makes you think he's the 3p?
Seriously? Do you want me to post or not?

I am questioning whether that misdirection with the gun could have also been 3P indicative by potentially helping to find out the role of seth too.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 724

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3911 Post by flash2015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:48 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 am
Why haven't people moved off damo yet?

##VOTE worcej

Not liking the vanity wagon on D1. Seems like he is way too cool this game...
Is there anything other than the d1 wagon that has you voting for worcej?
Did I not make it clear with the second sentence?

bozotheclown
Posts: 7446
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 815

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3912 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 pm
Also, for everyone who is insisting seth is town, consider this one post in context of everything else seth did D1:
seth24c wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:53 pm
Perfectly happy to see summit flip because he has seemed scummy to me as well. But if he isn’t scum maniac is public enemy number 1 imo.
Why is this pinging you? I thought it was suspicious if summit ended up town, because then he could have been setting up his next miskill target, but with summit being scum I don't see your point.
seth never indicated that he scum read summit D1, barely mentioned him, and voted for multiple counter wagons. Then, 7 minutes before EOD when summit was up 11-7, seth was "Perfectly happy to see summit flip because he has seemed scummy ". This looks like a last minute hedge preparing for summit to flip scum.

In fact, looking at seth's D1 again, I think I will:

##VOTE seth

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 339

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3913 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
Could Tom be 3P?
What is even the point of saying this? Could you be 3p? Could bozo? Could ghug?

Sure. Anyone could be 3p.

Is there anything specific about Tom that makes you think he's the 3p?
Seriously? Do you want me to post or not?

I am questioning whether that misdirection with the gun could have also been 3P indicative by potentially helping to find out the role of seth too.
Of course I want you to post. But I'd rather your posts have a point...

And now that you've explained, okay. I do see your point. To answer your question, though, I guess it's possible but I think unlikely. It draws a lot of attention to him and I think that's something I'd avoid as 3p.

It's also way too much effort/attention to draw just to get a read on whether or not one person is a PR.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 724

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3914 Post by flash2015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:47 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 pm
I'm actually pretty certain my vote is settled on flash until eod at this point.

He seems to be coasting as long as he can from his Summit vote and he's actively giving nothing. The fact he's using that as his defense still is laughable.

Since I feel partially responsible for the damo and Prado miskills and they both died with flash as their top suspect I'll vote him in their honour.
Seriously? We are on D4 now...I am your top scumread just because I am a low poster? There are four scum out there. You aren't even going to consider anyone else? This doesn't seem very towny to me.

Nanook
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:05 am
Karma: 26

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3915 Post by Nanook » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:58 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:01 am
So you scumread for his response, or you just take nothing from it?
I don’t think it was particularly scummy, but it wasn’t townie either imo

Nanook
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:05 am
Karma: 26

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3916 Post by Nanook » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:01 am

I think he just didn’t know how to handle it, maybe there’s an argument that because he’s new if he were scum he just would’ve outed, but he seems competent so I don’t really buy that. I don’t think the way he handled it was more indicative of anything besides believing “Tom shot me when he said he was going to shoot the leader in the poll, wtf.”




Which makes him not m/m with Tom, but I’m pretty sure Tom is town already so that’s not helpful kek

MoscowFleet
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 58

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3917 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:16 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 pm
Also, for everyone who is insisting seth is town, consider this one post in context of everything else seth did D1:

Why is this pinging you? I thought it was suspicious if summit ended up town, because then he could have been setting up his next miskill target, but with summit being scum I don't see your point.
seth never indicated that he scum read summit D1, barely mentioned him, and voted for multiple counter wagons. Then, 7 minutes before EOD when summit was up 11-7, seth was "Perfectly happy to see summit flip because he has seemed scummy ". This looks like a last minute hedge preparing for summit to flip scum.

In fact, looking at seth's D1 again, I think I will:

##VOTE seth
This is accurate and sensible. ##vote seth

MoscowFleet
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 58

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3918 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:17 am

What did you guys expect seth to do once Tom announced he had killed him, openly out himself? I don't think there's much point in reading too much into his reaction.

worcej
Posts: 5873
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 1849

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3919 Post by worcej » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:48 am

Just got home from 16 hour work day. I will post tomorrow at work, which is about 9 hours from now.

I have a lot of pages to get caught up on.

bozotheclown
Posts: 7446
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 815

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3920 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:19 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 am
Alright bozo et al. I've read Donny's iso.

I still don't think he seemed scummy D1 at all. Yes he parroted a few opinions but he also gave plenty of his own, and he wasn't hiding. He was the first to bring up certain topics (like damo's inconsistencies with his reads list and his vote for me, and Durga's townread of HR based on only a few posts). He definitely wasn't *only* repeating what others said. In terms of vibes, I really get nothing scummy from him.

In terms of votes, I'm also not seeing what's so incriminating. Donny did seem to avoid the summit wagon and didn't talk about summit much, but afaik he's not familiar with summit's meta so that argument wouldn't be as persuasive to him as it was to others. The biggest indicator to me is that if he'd wanted to vote for a town counterwagon to summit, he could have voted Chaqa instead of Maniac at 5 hours until EOD.

I'm getting a similar feeling from the rest of his iso. I don't really get what he's looking for in terms of scumhunting - he's called a few things scummy that I don't think are scum-indicative at all, and he's not very helpful when explaining his reads. But I don't see how it's scum motivated, especially some of the times where he gave people who were under a lot of pressure towny points. That's not something I generally do as scum so it seems to me like he's genuinely trying to figure out people's alignments, even though I don't understand what his criteria are.

Overall, he's certainly not a strong townread of mine so I'm not really going to defend him. But I'm not very convinced that he's scum either.
What is suspicious about Donny's D1 is that he voted for so many summit counter wagons with almost no mention of summit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aarodactyl, e.m.c^42, ghug, Maniac , Yoyoyozo and 12 guests