M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1921 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Let's disembowel another scum
##vote bozotheclown

yavuzovic

#1922 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:52 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Let's disembowel another scum
##vote bozotheclown
I mean I'm lazy to read people until we falsify the theory that bozo was signaling. It was a cunning way to signal actually but has been noticed quickly, if true. Let's lynch those until we hit a town

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1923 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:36 pm
I would now like everyone to stop derailing the thread with kgray's ridiculous theory. It's blatantly anti town to waste space discussing it vs actual scum reads.
The problem with wholly dismissing this theory is that I can very easily see you, Bunny, and Bozo as scum just in isolation by itself, so the fact that there's a theory that ties you all together is a lot more damning than it would be if a single one of you was actually looking townie.

Really I can't see a reason not to shoot Bozo at this point

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1924 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:03 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Tom flipping scum does make me wonder more about Bunny and Durga.
BRO YOU'RE THE REASON PEOPLE EVEN THINK THIS LMAO. You cannot be saying this right now. Looool what. Did I roll something I haven't been sent? Is there a qt link I didn't get? What is actually happening
Yeah this is a weird comment from bozo. I'm not really seeing a reason to scumread Bunny and Durga more because of Tom's flip.

Also imo Tom and Moscow were by far the scummiest out of the four. If Durga and Bunny had flipped scum first, I'd be a lot more interested in Moscow and Tom. But the order that it happened here, I don't get the Moscow/Tom are scum -> Durga/Bunny are scum logic.
Tom's flip doesn't change my mind on Bunny, but Durga baselessly defended Tom d1 and it looks pretty damn terrible now, so I certainly don't agree that Tom's flip doesn't make Durga look worse.

Durga

#1925 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:01 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:36 pm
I would now like everyone to stop derailing the thread with kgray's ridiculous theory. It's blatantly anti town to waste space discussing it vs actual scum reads.
The problem with wholly dismissing this theory is that I can very easily see you, Bunny, and Bozo as scum just in isolation by itself, so the fact that there's a theory that ties you all together is a lot more damning than it would be if a single one of you was actually looking townie.

Really I can't see a reason not to shoot Bozo at this point
Make the case for why I'm scum in isolation then, I'll do my best to address that. But using a convoluted reason to call me scummy doesn't help us. I can't exactly combat it, and multiple people are using it as a reason to vote one of us.

What a great way for people to avoid providing actual reasons. Good job all

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1926 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm

I'm not voting you, because in isolation I still find food to look worse. But I absolutely think that the shot should be fired into one of you (probably Bozo) to put it to bed either way.

Durga

#1927 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:03 pm
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

BRO YOU'RE THE REASON PEOPLE EVEN THINK THIS LMAO. You cannot be saying this right now. Looool what. Did I roll something I haven't been sent? Is there a qt link I didn't get? What is actually happening
Yeah this is a weird comment from bozo. I'm not really seeing a reason to scumread Bunny and Durga more because of Tom's flip.

Also imo Tom and Moscow were by far the scummiest out of the four. If Durga and Bunny had flipped scum first, I'd be a lot more interested in Moscow and Tom. But the order that it happened here, I don't get the Moscow/Tom are scum -> Durga/Bunny are scum logic.
Tom's flip doesn't change my mind on Bunny, but Durga baselessly defended Tom d1 and it looks pretty damn terrible now, so I certainly don't agree that Tom's flip doesn't make Durga look worse.
I mean yeah I did. In my defence I don't think I said anything false. I remember Tom getting a lot of pain as town before. I don't think I would have blatantly defended a scum buddy like that fwiw

Durga

#1928 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:08 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm
I'm not voting you, because in isolation I still find food to look worse. But I absolutely think that the shot should be fired into one of you (probably Bozo) to put it to bed either way.
Sure. Flum, you can shoot me if you have a gun ;)

Also, do you think food and I can be scum together?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1929 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:08 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:

No, I find it very unlikely that you're scum together.

Durga

#1930 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:09 pm
Durga wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

What do you think about kgray's read on food?

bozotheclown

#1931 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am
summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 am
I think it more likely town!vecna would be snapping town out of the idea that bozo actually signalled traitor by voting his scumteam immediately on day 1.
Except I was also one of the people very suspicious of Bozo doing those votes in the first place, since he normally never plays like that, and his reasons were all over the place.

Im not going to dismiss it just because it would be stupid on Bozo's part. He is prone to do silly stuff to get himself into trouble as scum all the time.
I would like some examples for this claim.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1932 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm getting extremely tempted to switch my vote to Bunny, though, because I could absolutely see him as a teammate of either you OR food. And his play today looks like it's been lifted straight out of the Beginner's Guide to Mafia as written by Brainbomb. The implications that he's solved the game with a wackjob theory that literally nobody else is agreeing with and therefore he's playing 4D Chess on a wavelength the rest of can only dream of being able to reach ain't rubbing off well

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1933 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:09 pm
Durga wrote:

What do you think about kgray's read on food?
When she first stated this, I decided to spell out what Food was missing so that we could see Food's reaction. Food instead hasn't reacted at all, which ain't really changing my mind at the present

Durga

#1934 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm
I'm getting extremely tempted to switch my vote to Bunny, though, because I could absolutely see him as a teammate of either you OR food. And his play today looks like it's been lifted straight out of the Beginner's Guide to Mafia as written by Brainbomb. The implications that he's solved the game with a wackjob theory that literally nobody else is agreeing with and therefore he's playing 4D Chess on a wavelength the rest of can only dream of being able to reach ain't rubbing off well
Personally, I hate his read on me and the reasons for it. I'm struggling with reading him though. The yelling at kgray and then backing off when I confronted him also bothered me. Reminds me when scum!ghug flipped at bozo and then apologized. Also the excessive joking and YouTube spam. And the fact that he's said a lot of things but none of them amount to anything.

bozotheclown

#1935 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:31 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 am

this is so desperate lmao
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm

His post seems less a defense of me and more an attack on Bunny (which indirectly defends me, but I don’t think that was the intention. I can see why people would scumread Bunny in general because of how he plays. I also don’t know hthefourth, like I do bozo and damo
rdrivera specifically asked why Tom ignored hthefourth defending him, and part of Tom's reason was that he didn't know hthefourth.
that he didnt know him like he does bozo and damo.....

Are you claiming that in a short dip game where tom was italy and H was england that didnt live past 03 tom shouldve gotten to know him at the same level as playing mafia repeatedly with bozo and damo?

I dno man. Back and forth. Towny sounding posts and then back to desperate nonsense.
I think you are misreading this, he did not say he knew hthefourth but not as well as me or damo, he was saying he did not know hthefourth, while he does know me and damo.

Since you went and checked the game, did you read the public press? Here is what hthefourth posted after the game:

"Thanks all for a fun game and congratulations to MadMarx. I enjoyed finally understanding what Turkey was actually up to, as well as speculating about the early game in such detail.

For my part I thoroughly butchered this one. Mostly, I had not thought stabbing Goldfinger through--a well-earned early exit. I was struck by the difference between the 100 D bet games that I had played and this one. You folks do not kid around.

Not playing too much diplomacy these days, but I'm sure I'll get a game in with some of you again. Looking forward to it already.

And welcome back, Tom :)"

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1936 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 pm

His goldie theory is the one that's rubbing me off worst, because he's screaming that goldie is a word-for-word replication of the Matrix game, but when I tried to engage on that and point out inconsistencies (which given I was goldie's partner that game I am very well-placed to notice) he just ignored it entirely and doubled down on his previous point.

In fact, fuck it.

##vote BunnyGo

Durga

#1937 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:21 pm

I really don't even remotely scum read bozo right now though.

Durga

#1938 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Okay. I will sheep you

##vote BunnyGo

bozotheclown

#1939 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm

kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Tom flipping scum does make me wonder more about Bunny and Durga.

Durga defended Tom D1, and Tom flipping scum made it less likely flash was scum, and therefore more likely BunnyGo's vote for flash was to protect MF.

BunnyGo

#1940 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

Durga defended Tom D1, and Tom flipping scum made it less likely flash was scum, and therefore more likely BunnyGo's vote for flash was to protect MF.
When I moved off food (tied for lead) and onto flash (a new wagon)?