M1015 - Super Mafioso Bros

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: M1015 - Super Mafioso Bros

#961 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:50 pm

I mean I feel bad for him if he's being told to just try and look like he's contributing. That's not the way to do it lmao

Jamiet99uk

#962 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm

It is not logically inconsistent to think certain things make you look like possible scum partners. Why did you ignore HB the rest of D2 after he answered your question?
On what basis do you purport that I was ignoring him?
You did not talk about him much the rest of the day, and you did not vote for him and voted for both his counter wagons, yet you were willing to vote for HB D3. If you preferred killing HR or summit over HB D2, what has changed your mind? HR and summit are still in the game.
I now somewhat townlean HR. His responses to me seem sincere and I'm worried I was tunnelling. His responses to you are very convincing.

I still scumread summit and YET AGAIN he is being allowed to lurk.

bozotheclown

#963 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:17 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 pm
I still think Jamie's weird but I'm not loving sitting on a wagon with Hamilton, and his recent activity makes me think there are probably better options.

I'd consider sheeping Vecna but first let's see if anyone would ##vote bozo with me.
kgray wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 pm
Okay, so no bozo today. I guess of the other people with votes, I'd prefer Hamilton > Jamie > HR > Summit > bo.

##vote Hamilton
Why would you consider following Vecna onto summit if summit was so far down your preferred kill order?
Because Vecna was basically townclear, so I trusted his reads more than anyone else's besides my own, and because despite summit being that far down on my list, he's a null, not a townread.
Then why didn't you follow Vecna when you gave up on my wagon?

Jamiet99uk

#964 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm

I love how Bozo equates "not talking about someone much" with "ignoring" them.

If that's the case, Bozo you did a fucking LOT of "ignoring" until today.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#965 Post by kgray » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:07 pm

#772: @kgray, tell me specifically why my vote was scummy? Why are you, from this post, linked so closely to HR? NonTown vibes from you. When HR flips scum, that's going to look bad on you.
I have explained this here:
kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:16 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Yeah, I'm not going to need any explanations about how scummy Hamiton's voting was this phase.

##vote Hamilton
Can you explain what you think the scum motivations for his votes were?
It just came out of nowhere, generally causing confusion and panic. And Hamilton had hardly mentioned summit before, but now that summit is suddenly an option at the EOD he wants him gone more than HR?

I don't understand what Hamilton's thought process is during voting. When he tried to explain his vote switches after D1 it didn't make sense to me, and this vote here makes no sense. If he's town and has a consistent scumread, why wouldn't he want to see that flip? I think Hamilton is scum who doesn't know where to put a vote and tries to come up with reasons afterwards that make sense - but they don't because they're not coming from a townie perspective.

I guess he also could have been protecting his scumbuddy HR. That would be a lot of busing, though.
Also, I do not think I am linked closely with HR? Please explain why you think that.

bozotheclown

#966 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:10 pm

On what basis do you purport that I was ignoring him?
You did not talk about him much the rest of the day, and you did not vote for him and voted for both his counter wagons, yet you were willing to vote for HB D3. If you preferred killing HR or summit over HB D2, what has changed your mind? HR and summit are still in the game.
I now somewhat townlean HR. His responses to me seem sincere and I'm worried I was tunnelling. His responses to you are very convincing.

You had an opportunity to kill HB D2 EOD, but you stayed on summit. Why did you vote for HB over summit at the beginning of D3?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#967 Post by kgray » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:16 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:02 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Probably because you've moved to Hamilton at the end of each day so far while voting someone else all day, like you really just want to be on his wagon.

Why did you scumread HB before his dumbassery voting summit?
Almost none of his posts seem like they come from a town perspective. Did you read what he said about why he flipped between damo and Jamie D1? It's complete nonsense and I find it very unlikely to come from a town mindset.
Why did you wait until 7 minute before D2 EOD to vote for HB then? When HR asked you about HB during D2, you seemed to come up with some potential town reasons for HB's D1 votes.
Yes, I did come up with some potential town reasons for Hamilton's D1 votes. However, when he explained his votes, it was not with the townie reasons I would have expected.

I had stronger scumreads than Hamilton yesterday, and I was voting for those until near EOD when it became clear that staying on a vanity wagon would be pointless, and I was trying to consolidate.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#968 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

You had an opportunity to kill HB D2 EOD, but you stayed on summit. Why did you vote for HB over summit at the beginning of D3?
Who are you and what did you do with bozo?

bozotheclown

#969 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm

HB was a wagon D2, yet you only talked about HR and summit being your top scum reads. HB voted for you D1 and D2, do you think he had good reasons for voting for you?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#970 Post by kgray » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:17 am

Why would you consider following Vecna onto summit if summit was so far down your preferred kill order?
Because Vecna was basically townclear, so I trusted his reads more than anyone else's besides my own, and because despite summit being that far down on my list, he's a null, not a townread.
Then why didn't you follow Vecna when you gave up on my wagon?
I'm not sure. I guess I still went with my read over his.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#971 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:05 pm

#807: Summit wondering why I didn't vote my scumreads. I read so many people as scum, and so wrote, that I did vote that way.

#814: Jamie proves he has been reading carefully. Thank you.

#815: My analysis of the day/rebuttal

#817: Yes, HR. I felt like you were almost a forgone kill but I don't see anything wrong with having a couple of wagons. One wagon allows scum to hide, right? VCA becomes useless?

Page 42

#823: Bozo with some controversy; summit votes me to save HR, then summit moves back to HR, requiring Bo_ back to me to save HR. Interesting...plot thickens.

#828: Bozo asserts that it looks like Bo_ is doing what he can to save HR based on the D2 votes. Deliberately caused a tie.

#829: Feel like Bozo is my biggest defender throughout all of this.

#830: Bozo to RDR; why is summit's vote of such concern when your vote was on someone else (HR).

#831: In a pedantic retort to Bozo, HR presumes that my vote was "opportunistic and cynical" to lock two wagons. That's a lot of inferring and presuming to know my thought process. Opportunism? Not really. Better more than one wagon, as I've already said. Cynical? Yeah, I don't see it. Nice post, though.

Aside: What I am getting into right now as I continue reading is that SO much time is spent trying to diagnose my vote and my words. SO much time. If I was just listened to, or if I made myself better understood, we wouldn't be down as town right now.

#837: HR glossing up kgray and Bo_?

#839: Good prose from Bo_; certainly presents an interesting analysis of the EoD2. Worth a reread.

To page 43.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#972 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:07 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:45 pm
HB are you going post by post?
Yeah; I want to make sure I am thorough and this is the best way I can keep track of things.

bozotheclown

#973 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:07 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Almost none of his posts seem like they come from a town perspective. Did you read what he said about why he flipped between damo and Jamie D1? It's complete nonsense and I find it very unlikely to come from a town mindset.
Why did you wait until 7 minute before D2 EOD to vote for HB then? When HR asked you about HB during D2, you seemed to come up with some potential town reasons for HB's D1 votes.
Yes, I did come up with some potential town reasons for Hamilton's D1 votes. However, when he explained his votes, it was not with the townie reasons I would have expected.

I had stronger scumreads than Hamilton yesterday, and I was voting for those until near EOD when it became clear that staying on a vanity wagon would be pointless, and I was trying to consolidate.
You were voting for Jamie, you indicated you might vote for summit because Vecna was, and you tried to start a wagon on me, all before voting for HB. I am having trouble understanding this if you thought this about HB's explanation earlier D2: "It's complete nonsense and I find it very unlikely to come from a town mindset."

Foxcastle

#974 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:10 pm

VOTE COUNT

Hamilton Brian (5): rdrivera2005, Hellenic Riot*, kgray, bo_sox48, Jamiet99uk
Hellenic Riot (2): Hamilton Brian, bozotheclown

*Denotes Endvote

Macca573 and summit_fever have not voted (not that they need to).

Hamilton Brian is set to be deleted in 25 hours.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#975 Post by kgray » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:07 pm
kgray wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

You were voting for Jamie, you indicated you might vote for summit because Vecna was, and you tried to start a wagon on me, all before voting for HB. I am having trouble understanding this if you thought this about HB's explanation earlier D2: "It's complete nonsense and I find it very unlikely to come from a town mindset."
I had more than one scumread and I voted for all three of them at some point. In the end I joined the one who was already a wagon, and who had just made a vote that I found to be completely random and inconsistent with everything they'd been saying during the day. I find those to be two pretty strong incentives to vote for one scumread over another.

bozotheclown

#976 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
kgray wrote:

I had more than one scumread and I voted for all three of them at some point. In the end I joined the one who was already a wagon, and who had just made a vote that I found to be completely random and inconsistent with everything they'd been saying during the day. I find those to be two pretty strong incentives to vote for one scumread over another.
So you were considering HB's vote for summit already when you decided to vote for HB?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#977 Post by kgray » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

So you were considering HB's vote for summit already when you decided to vote for HB?
I saw it when I hit "preview" right before I posted my vote. So no, he would have been at the top of my list anyway, but it made me feel pretty confident in it.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#978 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:44 pm

#842: Bozo to HR: "Do you still suspect bo_sox after he saved you by switching his vote back to HB?" Good question.

#843: HR suggesting he should have written his posts in crayon. Christ, some of you are brutal with one another.

#846: Bozo again; summit votes to save himself. If Bo_'s goal is to force the finality of the vote to Vecna, why not just vote for Summit? "It seemed like you were trying to get Vecna to move to HB rather than letting Vecna decide the kill. It is possible you, HR, and summit are the scum team and you are bussing summit."

#847: Bozo suggesting HR and Bo_ looking really bad; not convinced HB is scum

#850: RDR kind of explains his vote, but then throws this out: And summit wasn't voting to save himself, he saved HB. So would a corollary be, if summit saves scum!HB, then there is scum!summit. Problem is I am not, so...

#851: Bozo challenges RDR's claim. "bo_sox tied the vote twice."

#856: pretty lengthy post from Bozo that needs a rereading; it did end with him voting Bo_

#858: Macca, quit your effing joking. This is serious business!

#862: For Bozo's question to me, I didn't vote HR because: a) he was lead wagon and I assumed they'd be killed and b) alternate wagons should provide us with information through VCA

#870: to Bozo, I felt like someone would move off a vanity and on to a dynamic wagon. They already had suspicions about me. However, I think I misspoke. I wouldn't read kgray as town because of that. Just good cover.

I have to end this here for right now.

Conclusions? Bozo is putting a tonne of thought into this game and not grasping for low-hanging fruit. Still convinced HR is as scum as they come. But it's the others on the scum team...I feel like there is a lot to choose from.

Jamiet99uk

#979 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm

HB was a wagon D2, yet you only talked about HR and summit being your top scum reads. HB voted for you D1 and D2, do you think he had good reasons for voting for you?
No. I'm town.

Jamiet99uk

#980 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Because there was much more momentum on HB and I don't want another bloody draw.