Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BismarckAlive

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#2261 Post by BismarckAlive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm
@gold...man, this is bugging me. That wagon for FlyingBoat had its genesis with you. Page 82, you're detailing some options, and your B option was..." emc is Town -> HR is town, Bunny is Town, Theflyingboat is scum" This was after you said flipping EMC would lead us to scum no matter what. You seemed to be so high on wanting to flip EMC no matter what. That's what I was reading.

Your clarification for FB's possible wagon was that they were lurking, and that most of the lurkers were dead, so process of elimination. How do you justify that as a justification for starting the wagon?

Your list on page 94 had EMC at the very bottom. FB was one above them. What is that could have possibly changed your opinion to not go with your gut, vote EMC?

Page 103, you advised myself and RDR to get off the EMC wagon if he was going to be mod-killed BUT you'd move on there if they did show up. You did get on there but then got off with a few minutes to go.

Seems like the votes for EMC generate a lot of conversation but it shifts to something else.

I'm suspicious.
Votes accumulated for EMC both D1 and D3, and within ~30 minutes of EoD, with EMC still in contention, action was started BOTH days. I think we are on a winner here...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2262 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:41 am
BismarckAlive wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:10 pm
Aw, rip TFB. Should've switched for Bismark, hah
Would have been the same result! This scum team was lucky pinging Bozo...everybody else that has been on their radar has been a VT!! lol
Seriously, though, after this is all over, I here post the first question: "Was the scum daychat what tilted the setup towards a mafia victory?" Of course, there are many more deaths to happen before that discussion...
You sound smug
I am starting to think that a Ghug-HR-Tom scumteam is a possibility.

BismarckAlive

#2263 Post by BismarckAlive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:05 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 am
I don't really feel as if the Nanook wagon ever had as much traction as being the lead wagon for half the day would make it seem. Does the "coincidence" I called out not resonate? His play is consistent with someone that is in constant conversation with teammates strategizing on how to lay low. It's kind of annoying that he got basically zero attention at the end of the day just because he stopped talking.
I agree. I think he was told to stop talking too.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2264 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 am

Furthermore, because there can be logical assertions made based on those votes...Gold and Bunny are Scum. As is EMC.

High on cocaine, drivin' that train...

There were trains (wagons) driven, and a lot of us got hooked.

Effin' smash my head in with a brick because there's a lot that I am misunderstanding with a) the game itself and b) the roles, but I will do some joy-jumping if the virus decides that they can ...

Wait, I don't want to encourage any possible roleblocks or something. Stupid setup. No, stupid Brian.

Nanook

#2265 Post by Nanook » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:17 am

“Nanook was told to stop talking” is hilarious to me, in groups I play with regularly I’m relatively infamous for ignoring what my partners tell me to do lolol

No reason for you guys to know that, it’s just entertaining

But yeah seriously I’m not going to be able make many if any EODs 🤷‍♀️

BunnyGo

#2266 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:20 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 am
Furthermore, because there can be logical assertions made based on those votes...Gold and Bunny are Scum. As is EMC.

High on cocaine, drivin' that train...

There were trains (wagons) driven, and a lot of us got hooked.

Effin' smash my head in with a brick because there's a lot that I am misunderstanding with a) the game itself and b) the roles, but I will do some joy-jumping if the virus decides that they can ...

Wait, I don't want to encourage any possible roleblocks or something. Stupid setup. No, stupid Brian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlu697-fnsM

BunnyGo

#2267 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 am

@NeuralNet Hamilton: you do realize "furthermore" is a sign that you've been making an argument. I couldn't find your post your continuing from the last 10 minutes.

Do you have a point?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2268 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:26 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 am
@NeuralNet Hamilton: you do realize "furthermore" is a sign that you've been making an argument. I couldn't find your post your continuing from the last 10 minutes.

Do you have a point?
Ha! NeuralNet! Listen, don't try to Chomsky me with your linguistic frabricarations!

Anyway, yeah my point is...on two days, the EMC wagon shifted heavily. Both you and Goldfinger were instrumental in a) instigating the wagon and b) leaving the wagon.

My point is, the three of you are up to your eyes in it.

Man, you hooked me. I like your posts. I like your intellectual exercises. But those can't be reasons not to continue to shine a light on you. Now I know why my Diplomacy game is so bad.

Gold=Bunny=EMC. Start there for votes. The other two will follow.

Nanook

#2269 Post by Nanook » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:29 am

Inb4 “nanook posted at night he must be scum!”

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2270 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:38 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:02 am
I was not the first vote on TFB, but the other people on it left & rejoined, which you'd know if you'd actually read the EoD greatly. A TFB wagon was always an option - When I asked for an rdrivera one, nobody else seemed inclined to join it.

As for that whole EoD seeming like I got saved... Damn. Whatever gave you that impression? Was it the two or three people who openly said they townread me and were voting to save me?

Truly biting analysis there.
Lol yeah when people townread you it's pretty easy to say you were saved, but you went from 5 votes with 15 minutes to go down to 2. Two of those three that jumped were very likely town (damo and Bunny) so I digress.

When you asked for an rdrivera option, you were offering to vote with someone. It was definitely an option. Other than the logistics of acquiring votes, why did you want to lynch TFB over rdrivera?

BunnyGo

#2271 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:38 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 am

Do you have a point?
Ha! NeuralNet! Listen, don't try to Chomsky me with your linguistic frabricarations!

Anyway, yeah my point is...on two days, the EMC wagon shifted heavily. Both you and Goldfinger were instrumental in a) instigating the wagon and b) leaving the wagon.

My point is, the three of you are up to your eyes in it.

Man, you hooked me. I like your posts. I like your intellectual exercises. But those can't be reasons not to continue to shine a light on you. Now I know why my Diplomacy game is so bad.

Gold=Bunny=EMC. Start there for votes. The other two will follow.
Let me ask you a question:

You're Aussie, right? Kiwi?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2272 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:05 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 am
I don't really feel as if the Nanook wagon ever had as much traction as being the lead wagon for half the day would make it seem. Does the "coincidence" I called out not resonate? His play is consistent with someone that is in constant conversation with teammates strategizing on how to lay low. It's kind of annoying that he got basically zero attention at the end of the day just because he stopped talking.
I agree. I think he was told to stop talking too.
I appreciate your agreement. Why didn't you vote for him?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2273 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 am

And I'm still way behind on why worcej claimed to be blocked. I'm sure I'll get to understand it when I get to the QT thread whichever day or night I am eliminated.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2274 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:42 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:00 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:21 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:54 am

Swap Tom with Nanook and you may be onto something here. And maybe ghug with yourself? I don't know, I have a good feeling about ghug being town for the first time in all my memory so he's probably scum. HR-rdrivera feels like theater to me. All bark no bite. I don't really get anything other than null reads on rdrivera (in any game) but that whole sequence felt very, very off to me from him. Not quite the same with HR (and I've been leaning town on him), but that whole EOD felt as if he was getting saved, or at the very least barely pushed. Both are probably worth a fuller reread than this.

Why didn't this happen? Rdrivera voted for HR earlier, but HR had a chance to vote for rdrivera here with some support and instead started a wagon on TFB. HR, you were the first vote on TFB; why not be the first vote on rdrivera?

Rdrivera, why didn't you push HR? Voting for him and occasionally spitting at him isn't going to seal a lynch. You were instrumental in pushing his wagon into relevance but did very little afterwards to convince others to stick with it.

You also entertained jumping off of HR's wagon. You were around at the EOD when there was a tie to be broken, but you only mentioned non-wagons despite seemingly scumreading emc throughout the close of the day. Why didn't you join the wagon on emc when it was between him and TFB?

Can you explain your read on HR?

How do you feel about rdr-HR?
HR wasn't a wagon when I said I liked the wagons, to be clear.

I don't think scum HR would have left damo alive. There are some specific scenarios where that wouldn't be the case, but those would become clear in time. He could also just be stupid or outvoted, but it's enough that I'd rather not lynch him for now. rdr is starting to look pretty scummy by PoE.
So, do you think scum are stupid and that's why we have seven dead townies until now. Brilliant logic.
This feels like genuine jaded rdrivera, angry because we are losing. townie points.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2275 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 am

Nanook wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:29 am
I don't like a lot of your style, but there might be something to it. Not for me, but if it works for you...

You're definitely not in my top 3 scumreads, but you're not totally town yet, either.

BTW, that list I made last night...crumple that sucker up and throw it in the fire. It's out-of-date.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2276 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:41 am
BismarckAlive wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 am

Would have been the same result! This scum team was lucky pinging Bozo...everybody else that has been on their radar has been a VT!! lol
Seriously, though, after this is all over, I here post the first question: "Was the scum daychat what tilted the setup towards a mafia victory?" Of course, there are many more deaths to happen before that discussion...
You sound smug
I am starting to think that a Ghug-HR-Tom scumteam is a possibility.
Thanks for answering literally everything ghug asked you and some things he didn't ask you. Can you answer me?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2277 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:38 am

Let me ask you a question:

You're Aussie, right? Kiwi?
Nope. Why do you ask?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2278 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 am

And if rivera is town, it sure seems like ghug could be scum testing the waters to see how plausible it is to line rdrivera up as a wagon. It could be a wagon to get some momentum, so it would be a logical choice for scum to pick

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2279 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 am
Nanook wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:29 am
I don't like a lot of your style, but there might be something to it. Not for me, but if it works for you...

You're definitely not in my top 3 scumreads, but you're not totally town yet, either.

BTW, that list I made last night...crumple that sucker up and throw it in the fire. It's out-of-date.
What... what is this?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2280 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 am
And if rivera is town, it sure seems like ghug could be scum testing the waters to see how plausible it is to line rdrivera up as a wagon. It could be a wagon to get some momentum, so it would be a logical choice for scum to pick
What if angry jaded rdrivera is theater and he's scum?