Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#1001 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 pm

@worcej

For the main reason why I chose Flash over Damo, it's because my main scumread (BismarckAlive) was on the damo wagon. I didn't particularly scumread either of them, but I did not want emc lynched after the sudden apparition of that wagon.

summit_fever

#1002 Post by summit_fever » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:02 am
summit_fever wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:51 am

I asked you when you were leading what you thought of the way the day was going. What did you think then? What do you think now? Keep in mind that your answer is less valuable, having not given it at the time.
Ahh yeah I missed that. I was quite surprised at how quickly my wagon formed. I was suspicious of Bunny for suggesting it was self-evident my post was attempting to take advantage of Bismarck's timezone. I'm fairly confident that EMC is town given there was no need for him to move off me. I doubt I survive if EMC doesn't move. Perhaps there is benefit in getting flash taken out and leaving me for later, but EMC is striking me as town.

Only half the players were active at end of day. I'm guessing the main wagons are town heavy and the active players are probably town heavy.
What do you make of the late emc wagon that seemed to form solely because people were confused who he was addressing with a post.
EMC posted the offending post at 17 minutes and the clarification at 10 minutes. Bunny was aware of the clarification and voted EMC at 5 minutes. Goldfinger was also aware of the clarification. Damo and flash gave no indication they were aware of the clarification.

I don't accept the premise that the wagon formed solely due to confusion.
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:57 pm
Maybe damo and flash are both scum, they were quick to jump on the emc wagon.
maybe.
Seems indicative of Bunny wavering on EMC.

Damo joining a longer-shot wagon when Damo was the top wagon strikes me as odd, but he did have time to correct.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1003 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm

I largely agree with what worcej stated, and don't think repeating it would be beneficial.

The one thing I disagree with is your interpretation of HRs move. Wouldn't moving to damo have tied the vote at that point? And HR did that move within a minute of the day ending. For purely mechanics I don't think we should view that as saving damo

Bunny is the one who unilaterally made the decision between damo, flash and emc dying, and for terrible reasoning. If I survive the night, Bunny has my vote tomorrow.

I won't be on the next 25 minutes, so my top town reads are Jamiet, ghug and Tom. There is scum in Bunny/damo/emc. I'm not sure if it's one or two. If I'm still around tomorrow I'll want to do some deeper looks into Demon and Bismarck. Rdrivera, HR and bozo all seem quite normal.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1004 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 pm

If I die, Jamie/rdrivera/Tom are probably town. Feel like emc is probably town too based on the wagon alone but that’s not really that concrete. Bunny/HB are probably scum. I don’t know of a third connected player to this point but flip one of them and we get some info.

Foxcastle

#1005 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 pm

I am a little disappointed that WebDip mafia has moved away from EON reads lists. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do a complete one today (stupid work deadlines). My main scum read is Bunny. Macca didn't look great in the few posts he put up, and Tem has done nothing since showing up, so that could be another scum slot. Jamiet seems towniest. Maybe ghug, too.

worcej

#1006 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 pm
@worcej

For the main reason why I chose Flash over Damo, it's because my main scumread (BismarckAlive) was on the damo wagon. I didn't particularly scumread either of them, but I did not want emc lynched after the sudden apparition of that wagon.
Noted. Like I said, you enabled Bunny but that is NAI to me simply because the likelihood of you, bunny, and emc all being scum and trying to protect emc so boldly is next to none.

worcej

#1007 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:53 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm
I largely agree with what worcej stated, and don't think repeating it would be beneficial.

The one thing I disagree with is your interpretation of HRs move. Wouldn't moving to damo have tied the vote at that point? And HR did that move within a minute of the day ending. For purely mechanics I don't think we should view that as saving damo

Bunny is the one who unilaterally made the decision between damo, flash and emc dying, and for terrible reasoning. If I survive the night, Bunny has my vote tomorrow.

I won't be on the next 25 minutes, so my top town reads are Jamiet, ghug and Tom. There is scum in Bunny/damo/emc. I'm not sure if it's one or two. If I'm still around tomorrow I'll want to do some deeper looks into Demon and Bismarck. Rdrivera, HR and bozo all seem quite normal.
Yes it would've, but with about one minute left and plenty of people on, you would probably get a paniced move. I personally would place a vote that is a tie if I truly believed who I was lynching was scum, but would be ready to move off if it was necessary.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1008 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Townread damo/bunny/Jamie/kinda Tom. Scumread gold still, summit kinda up there. If I'm wrong about damo, look at worcej. Chaqa has been a little too nice.

If I'm fearkilled, probably means some old timers. Bo and Chaqa are good bets.

Jamiet99uk

#1009 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Some reads in case I die:

Scum suspects:

BunnyGo
Hellenic Riot
EMC
Tom Bombadil
Maybe Goldfinger
+ One of the low-posters, most probably Temasek/Macca

Probably town:

Bismarck
Ghug
DemonRHK

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1010 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Nanook seemed town early but he's experienced and new and then he lurked a bunch, so idk. I kinda like therul at this point cause he seems to give minimal fucks.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1011 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Main reads:

BismarckAlive - Find it very odd that he's come in tonight, omgussed Bozo for scumreading him, and continued to ignore my consistent push on him. D1 was awful, N1 reactive, parked a poorly explained vote on damo and left, and is obsessed with the 3P. Nothing about him suggests town to me.

Nanook - Very underwhelming, still no idea what their reads are. Made a big deal about voting to 'break a tie' and see what reactions would come of it, so I'm very surprised not to see them making any analysis of the fact that a tie very nearly happened at the end. Also felt the need to repeatedly state that they wouldn't be around at the EoD and ensure everyone knew why, which seems like overly defensive behaviour. If they don't post some EoN analysis tonight about that EoD then they're also a very solid vote tomorrow.

Tom Bombadil - Very quick and natural to give his townreads out, indeed probably the person most happy to give their reads in the game. All of them seem natural, very strong townread.

Foxcastle - Like his pressure on Bunny and the way he's kept coming back to it without ever tunnelvisioning. Continual pressure has been good. Probable town.

summit/damo/goldie - All of them (plus flash) made the very late votes on emc that deeply concerned me. Damo's could potentially be explained by him trying to save himself, but flash, summit, and bunny were all equally or more viable options for a saving vote at the time of casting so I think that's too easy an excuse. Pretty sure there's at least one scum amongst these three.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1012 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm
Main reads:

BismarckAlive - Find it very odd that he's come in tonight, omgussed Bozo for scumreading him, and continued to ignore my consistent push on him. D1 was awful, N1 reactive, parked a poorly explained vote on damo and left, and is obsessed with the 3P. Nothing about him suggests town to me.

Nanook - Very underwhelming, still no idea what their reads are. Made a big deal about voting to 'break a tie' and see what reactions would come of it, so I'm very surprised not to see them making any analysis of the fact that a tie very nearly happened at the end. Also felt the need to repeatedly state that they wouldn't be around at the EoD and ensure everyone knew why, which seems like overly defensive behaviour. If they don't post some EoN analysis tonight about that EoD then they're also a very solid vote tomorrow.

Tom Bombadil - Very quick and natural to give his townreads out, indeed probably the person most happy to give their reads in the game. All of them seem natural, very strong townread.

Foxcastle - Like his pressure on Bunny and the way he's kept coming back to it without ever tunnelvisioning. Continual pressure has been good. Probable town.

summit/damo/goldie - All of them (plus flash) made the very late votes on emc that deeply concerned me. Damo's could potentially be explained by him trying to save himself, but flash, summit, and bunny were all equally or more viable options for a saving vote at the time of casting so I think that's too easy an excuse. Pretty sure there's at least one scum amongst these three.
HR might be scum.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1013 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Jesus, it's hot out. Turns out my wife got into a car accident about 40 minutes outside of our city. I had to borrow a car to get her and my daughter, see the car towed, file the incident at the collision centre, then get a rental car.

So it seems like bosox is all in on the "HB is scum" train. I haven't seen all the latest posts since this morning, but I don't think you've indicated any reason why I am other than possibly bussing Bunny. I think Bunny is scum, so there's that. I can't spend the air trying to defend myself. There's other ways I can try to get my point across.

e.m.c^42

#1014 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Short dump, let's go.

Townread on ghug, bo, HB
Mild townread FoxC, bungo therul damo

Idk what happened still with my wagon people

Fluminator

#1015 Post by Fluminator » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

During the night, the townies go to bed, worried what will become of their reality. Everyone wakes up to find 2 new bodies.

Summit_Fever was killed night 1. He was a Vanilla Townie

Bozotheclown was killed night 1. He was The Chosen One

It is now day 2. Deadline is in 48 hours

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1016 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

ghug wrote:
[
HR might be scum.
HR, thanks for the write-up. Observing this can help improve my game.

@ghug, why might I be scum?

e.m.c^42

#1017 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Well.

worcej

#1018 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm
During the night, the townies go to bed, worried what will become of their reality. Everyone wakes up to find 2 new bodies.

Summit_Fever was killed night 1. He was a Vanilla Townie

Bozotheclown was killed night 1. He was The Chosen One

It is now day 2. Deadline is in 48 hours
Wow at being fast at that processing!

e.m.c^42

#1019 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 pm

I was going to ask bozo about his blatant Bismark-has-a-QT thing he was doing, but

rip, him and summit

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1020 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm
ghug wrote:
[
HR might be scum.
HR, thanks for the write-up. Observing this can help improve my game.

@ghug, why might I be scum?
You're HB.

Rip bozo, that sucks. I'm going to assume the virus killed summit to help us draw more meaning out of day 1, so thanks for that. ##VOTE Chaqa