Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#341 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:10 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian

Feel like pretty much every read HB has given throughout the game has immediately been qualified by 'pretty weak' or 'might be wrong', and despite being called out for hedging earlier he's carried on regardless.

Other things of note:

- Jamie trying to PR read into RHK & ghug's jokeposts is 10x worse than the original posts were

- Not sure I really like BunnyGo's explanation for why he didn't complain about my layered plan last game given the level to which it wound xorxes up, and the fact that I don't recall Bunny commenting on it at all at the time. Not really enough to push on, but enough to make me wary of him here.

- For such an apparently experienced player, I'm a bit confused about how 90% of Nanook's posts have been about spreadsheets & meta and how essentially none of them have actually appeared to be geared toward finding the scum.

- Like Tom Bombadil's quickness to put therul on the townshelf

- Don't agree with damo being townread for 3P analysis, because whether or not it has any merit, coming up with mech solutions is by far the easiest way for scum to fake being townie.

- Similar to above, pretty much every post from BismarckAlive has either been about art auctions or what the virus should or shouldn't do, without anything looking like actual scumhunting. Another person to watch carefully.
I like this post a lot.

Except you do realize I wasn't in that game until it was over, right? I had 41 posts total and most of them were "what's going on?"
I thought you subbed in at least one phase before my 'trap card activation' took flash out of the game, though maybe I'm misremembering.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#342 Post by ghug » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:26 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ND is not in this game.

Why are people asking questions about ND?

Is this something do to with the time Bozo and Chaqa shared a bathroom with ND back in college?
Ghug's style reminded me a little of ND, I wanted to see what he thought. I liked his answer.
You should know that I strongly dislike you now.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#343 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:26 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ND is not in this game.

Is this something do to with the time Bozo and Chaqa shared a bathroom with ND back in college?
Ghug's style reminded me a little of ND, I wanted to see what he thought. I liked his answer.
If only you knew the tremendous lack of respect ghug has for ND you would realize how hilarious this is.

Jamiet99uk

#344 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:26 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ND is not in this game.

Oh, haha, that's such an ND kinda thing to say.

Ghug and ND are so alike. They must have been quite the pair at high school.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#345 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Jamie - why are you so concerned about rdrivera not posting yet? He has never been a super prolific poster, and this is normal for him. He always eventually participates in a meaningful, albeit less prolific, way, so I'm not understanding this pressure of him. Seems forced and totally unnecessary for an established player like rdr

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#346 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:30 pm

I don't buy into the idea that Hamilton being skittish and apologetic is scum indicative in his second game of mafia.

Jamiet99uk

#347 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:28 pm
Jamie - why are you so concerned about rdrivera not posting yet? He has never been a super prolific poster, and this is normal for him. He always eventually participates in a meaningful, albeit less prolific, way, so I'm not understanding this pressure of him. Seems forced and totally unnecessary for an established player like rdr
I dislike it when anyone doesn't post. I have made posts calling for participation by all of our low or non-posters.

Why are you only interested in me mentioning Rdrivera? Are you just skimming the thread, or do you have a particular interest in Rdrivera?

BunnyGo

#348 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 pm

@therul

Cool. I meant no powers at all (any number of scum/town mix), but JUST listening to people and thinking about interactions and extra knowledge.

I have never been a town leader before. I'm not really trying to now. I *do* post a lot. I post *a lot*. But I have learned to try and not derail the conversation too much (see Fox's post summarizing my play and tunneling too much). For example, if you read my posts I haven't advocated for much. I answered a question about 3P asked to me. But the only position I staked out was EMC being in the game is anti-town, so we have an easy win removing him today.

This is intentional. It is *my* way of shaking things up. I get people to respond, say things, interact. Then there's a lot of data when rereading on d3+.

BunnyGo

#349 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:10 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian

Feel like pretty much every read HB has given throughout the game has immediately been qualified by 'pretty weak' or 'might be wrong', and despite being called out for hedging earlier he's carried on regardless.

Other things of note:

- Jamie trying to PR read into RHK & ghug's jokeposts is 10x worse than the original posts were

- Not sure I really like BunnyGo's explanation for why he didn't complain about my layered plan last game given the level to which it wound xorxes up, and the fact that I don't recall Bunny commenting on it at all at the time. Not really enough to push on, but enough to make me wary of him here.

- For such an apparently experienced player, I'm a bit confused about how 90% of Nanook's posts have been about spreadsheets & meta and how essentially none of them have actually appeared to be geared toward finding the scum.

- Like Tom Bombadil's quickness to put therul on the townshelf

- Don't agree with damo being townread for 3P analysis, because whether or not it has any merit, coming up with mech solutions is by far the easiest way for scum to fake being townie.

- Similar to above, pretty much every post from BismarckAlive has either been about art auctions or what the virus should or shouldn't do, without anything looking like actual scumhunting. Another person to watch carefully.
I like this post a lot.

Except you do realize I wasn't in that game until it was over, right? I had 41 posts total and most of them were "what's going on?"
I thought you subbed in at least one phase before my 'trap card activation' took flash out of the game, though maybe I'm misremembering.
Maybe. I was a sub for a reason that game. I was basically checked out, and busy. I was glad I wasn't required to do much.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#350 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I dislike it when anyone doesn't post. I have made posts calling for participation by all of our low or non-posters.

Why are you only interested in me mentioning Rdrivera? Are you just skimming the thread, or do you have a particular interest in Rdrivera?
I have no fascination with rdr. He has hardly posted. What I find unusual is that rdr has a track record of meaningful participation across like 30 games, so its seems bizarre that you are calling him out for it when it seems predictable that he will participate.

Like it seems lazy and an easy way to try to start a wagon.

BunnyGo

#351 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm

ghug wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ND is not in this game.

Yeah...I expected that.

There are superficial similarities, having not seen you play a whole game, I was looking to see what you thought.

damo666

#352 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 am
So we're discussing whether the best strategy for Town is to ally with the Virus, help them to win, whilst also using the Virus to take shots at scum?

Sounds interesting.
It seems a no lose from tpov but 3p would be at constant risk of anti virus. Why would they e pose themselves thus? Maybe if they thought it was their only chance of recruitment. So let's hope we have a 3p lacking in confidence.
Considering the number of players, the 3P would have to be lucky to get randomly recruited at all, much less in time to complete his other tasks. I think making a deal to get recruited gives the 3P his best chance at winning.
If I were 3p I'd leave it until about D4 or d5 but then I'm better at escaping wagons Than most

therul

#353 Post by therul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:35 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm
therul is probs town.

With scum daychat available I don’t think a scumbo who is newish(?) would accidentally vote the GM.
Just got to this post....

I've found in my recent games as scum that the newbies tend to try and overcompensate, and the experienced players advise "just be yourself and hunt." Not sure that they can really protect therul from himself.
That is quoted for truth.
"just be yourself and hunt."
It is a process.

Jamiet99uk

#354 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

I have no fascination with rdr. He has hardly posted. What I find unusual is that rdr has a track record of meaningful participation across like 30 games, so its seems bizarre that you are calling him out for it when it seems predictable that he will participate.

Like it seems lazy and an easy way to try to start a wagon.
If I wanted to start a wagon on him I would have voted for him.

I didn't say I scumread him, I made a brief remark about him saying he was busy in a meeting and then never posting again. You are now blowing that out of all proportion for some reason.

Jamiet99uk

#355 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm

I’ve posted once regarding Rdrivera and suddenly I’m “trying to start a wagon”

Woah buddy.

damo666

#356 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:39 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 pm

I think damo needs to read the setup again.

Virus needs to be red pilled, then targeted by the maf for a NK, and THEN lynched by town (in that order) in order to win. Bismark was suggesting a solution to let virus win. Damo then countered by saying we should off them. This does not go well towards building trust.

Town losing the day QT isn't great, but hopefully by that point the mafia are whittled down and we have a lynch to spare. After all, the final stage relies on mafia hitting the virus with their NK. The only danger to the virus in this scenario is if town breaks their promise.
There are 2 points.

1. I am sure the 3p would rather enter the ship incognito than wearing an 'I am the virus t shirt' so they may be inclined to risk waiting for a while to see if they get recruicted rather than outing themselves.

2. My reply to Jamie was to point that killing the virus would need to be the anti virus rather than daykill.
Keep in mind that using the virus killer after the 3P is on the ship would have to be done with a vote that the 3P would know about, so he could expose all ship members to the mafia before he is killed. The town ship members would be better off helping the 3P to win.
Good point. It's really whether town want to win alone with superiority or share with a virus.

therul

#357 Post by therul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 pm
@therul

Cool. I meant no powers at all (any number of scum/town mix), but JUST listening to people and thinking about interactions and extra knowledge.

I have never been a town leader before. I'm not really trying to now. I *do* post a lot. I post *a lot*. But I have learned to try and not derail the conversation too much (see Fox's post summarizing my play and tunneling too much). For example, if you read my posts I haven't advocated for much. I answered a question about 3P asked to me. But the only position I staked out was EMC being in the game is anti-town, so we have an easy win removing him today.

This is intentional. It is *my* way of shaking things up. I get people to respond, say things, interact. Then there's a lot of data when rereading on d3+.
The answer to that is yes. It is tough, but well worth the game.
I don't normally post this much. But as I am new, and vulnerable, I am trying to shine as much as I can. ;)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#358 Post by ghug » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ND is not in this game.

If only you knew the tremendous lack of respect ghug has for ND you would realize how hilarious this is.
I honestly don't think he could have made a more offensive comparison.

summit_fever

#359 Post by summit_fever » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm
I’ve posted once regarding Rdrivera and suddenly I’m “trying to start a wagon”

Woah buddy.
Jamie does his best to increase participation rates. I'd say it's NAI.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#360 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Ok. Slide Jamie and damo into the town column for now.

Jamie is always defensive, but his first reaction was suspicion of me, which in my eyes shows he is looking for scum first and foremost. Could be good scum play, but I think he is more likely town.

damo is usually more try-hard and forced as scum. Last time he has some random thing where he voted people bottom up from the sign up list until they posted or some shit, and he was totally scum. Seems more natural here.