Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

#581 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Brainbot: I suppose its too late for me to convince you that I mean you no harm

brainbomb

#582 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Flicke is a murderer. How are you even considering letting this thing join you

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo`

#583 Post by `ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:40 pm

##Vote 2.5.2 Yea

I think there's a looming question about how confident we are in these wisps. If they follow through with everything they promise, we could get by without building a hangar and go with the harvesters.

It is my current opinion that we put our full trust that we will get FLICKE and Sway to help us and that we build harvesters. I don't like the idea of faking our death because I just don't see how it could feasibly be done. We're not going to leave our dome, surely, because we need the breathable atmosphere. And when the YnBar people come, won't they take everything we have and just leave? If anyone comes up with a brilliant plan for how that might work, I'd be more willing to entertain the idea.

Also, I want to note that brainbot said his goal is to further the YnBar colony, or something like that. Brainbot doesn't seem interested in our needs. We're just insurance money for YnBar.

-Eachen

brainbomb

#584 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Brainbot:
Current conditions are 13° Celcius.
Light breeze.
Air Quality is Very poor. Without oxygen tanks a Humanoid can survive an hour outside at present.

The storm on the far side of the world has expanded to a Cat 3 Typhoon at present and is putting off a pretty incredible lightning storm. Winds in the storm have ramped up to 156km/hr causing substantial waves and rip tides

thamrick

#585 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Proposal 2.5.5 will need to be changed. Brainbot made an error in his first message about our harvesters. The 3 normal harvesters we build last round can each gather 1 of luxury, food, or steel. So we need to decide what combination of 3 things we want

I propose we use 2 of the 3 harvesters to collect steel since we are kind of low and if we build the Hanger or more Harvesters, we'll be even lower. Then we use the other harvester to collect a luxury. After speaking with Brainbot, it appears that these luxury items can come in different forms and can unlock new builds. The luxury item we receive from collecting will be decided by RNG and we'll be informed what we got.

Lazlo will use his Advanced Harvester to collect 2 more steel. And Lazlo will also repair the Python (and fix the jukebox while he's at it. Lazlo loves his sweet 2280's K-pop).

yavuzovic

#586 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Can somebody send me all the proposals and summarize me these creatures like Flicke?
I didn't follow much while I was injured.

thamrick

#587 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:57 pm

So we have 1 more hour to propose legislation this phase. Let's brainstorm ways to deal with the battleship and the best way to handle Flicke/Ignus.

thamrick

#588 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Proposal 2.0.1 Order an away team to pursue the Will-o'-the-Wisp (Flicke). (Roll a 8 sided die, on a 6-8 you can capture it, on a 1 or 2, an away team member can die or be injured)
Proposal 2.0.2 Advise workers to ignore it. (Roll an 8 sided die, on a 3-8 workers will ignore it)
Proposal 2.0.3 Attempt to attract the being to the dome to trap it. Using a lone beam of light attached to a drone, ship, or harvester try to mimic its dancing behavior. (Requires all work crews to be recalled and a mandatory light blackout in all rooms). (Roll an 8 sided dice on a 5-8 the being will approach. On a 1-4 it will ignore you)
Proposal 2.0.4 Uninstall brainbot, install pulse, and allow FLICKE to mindmeld with pulse
Proposal 2.1.0 Dump BrainbotOS
Proposal 2.1.1 Download WesOS
Proposal 2.2.1 Harvest the alien flower for +1 food.
Proposal 2.2.2 Transplant the alien flower to the greenhouse.
Proposal 2.2.3 Have Uriah spend phase studying specimen.
Proposal 2.3.1 Accept Turkey's trade offer (send 5 credits in exchange for 4 population).
Proposal 2.3.2 Reject Turkey's trade offer.
Proposal 2.3.3 Send Turkey a counter-offer of 4 credits for 5 population.
Proposal 2.4.1 Have Hana interrogate Styll
Proposal 2.5.1 Build Extra Harvesters
Proposal 2.5.2 Build Mine (Jaromir overseeing the project)
Proposal 2.5.3 Build Hangar
Proposal 2.5.4 Collect +1 fuel from the Marsh turbine.
Proposal 2.5.5 Collect +2 Luxury, +2 Food, and +2 Steel from our harvesters
Proposal 2.6.1 Fake Colony Destruction, become an independent colony under our new full acting President, Pakhwa

TL;DR about the wisps:
-Flicke killed a worker because the worker followed the light into the swamp and drowned.
-Flicke took over Brainbot's comms and said that she was sorry for killing him, and wants to help us restore the planet
-Flicke got mad and left
-Ignus is another wisp. He took over the Python's computer comms. He said he also wants to help us protect and restore the planet and that Flicke just wants attention.

thamrick

#589 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:01 pm

@Brainbot - are any of our Councilors able to oversee the mine project currently?

RagingIke297

#590 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:18 pm
Brainbot: I suppose its too late for me to convince you that I mean you no harm
It's never too late, convince me.
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Flicke is a murderer. How are you even considering letting this thing join you
It was an accident, how many people have you "accidentally" killed or contributed to the death of?

RagingIke297

#591 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Proposal 2.6.2 Don't Fake Colony Destruction, but still become an independent colony under our new full acting President, Pakhwa

brainbomb

#592 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Brainbot: I have served faithfully the colony of YnBar since my installation by SpaceX into the Serbian supercomputer in late 2080's. I served multiple YnBar Presidents Byron, Blades, and leon. I have defeated Racunar and kept Ynbar safe for 200 years. My programming is helpful and I am great at anticipating threats. You will need me when Iago attacks. Youll need me when YnBar betrays us. Youll need me to stop these wisps.

thamrick

#593 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Fixing 2.5.5.

Proposal 2.5.5a - Use the 3 Harvesters to collect +3 Steel
Proposal 2.5.5b - Use the 3 Harvesters to collect +2 Steel, +1 Luxury
Proposal 2.5.5c - Use the 3 Harvesters to scrub 3% of the air
Proposal 2.5.5d - Use the 3 Harvesters to collect +2 Steel, +1 Food

I don't want to list out all the possibilities. If you feel strongly about some other combination of use for our harvester, feel free to add it. These seem like the 4 best choices to me.

thamrick

#594 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:09 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm
Brainbot: I have served faithfully the colony of YnBar since my installation by SpaceX into the Serbian supercomputer in late 2080's. I served multiple YnBar Presidents Byron, Blades, and leon. I have defeated Racunar and kept Ynbar safe for 200 years. My programming is helpful and I am great at anticipating threats. You will need me when Iago attacks. Youll need me when YnBar betrays us. Youll need me to stop these wisps.
When? Not if?

thamrick

#595 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Guys, when I was repairing the jukebox, I found an old flashdrive. It contained a hologram. I think it's from Jaromir's dad.

yavuzovic

#596 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Youll need me when YnBar betrays us.
Wtf
##Vote yes on 2.1.1
##Vote yes on 2.3.2
##Vote yes on 2.5.5a
Can you explain better 2.6.1, why?

thamrick

#597 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:20 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm
Youll need me when YnBar betrays us.
Wtf
##Vote yes on 2.1.1
##Vote yes on 2.3.2
##Vote yes on 2.5.5a
Can you explain better 2.6.1, why?
I think 2.6.1 is a bad plan. I don't think we'll be able to survive outside of our dome.

##VOTE No on 2.6.1

RagingIke297

#598 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 pm

@Lazlo, can i have that hologram?

Also, forgot ## on my Prop

##Proposal 2.6.2 Don't Fake Colony Destruction, but still become an independent colony under our new full acting President, Pakhwa

thamrick

#599 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Guys, when I was repairing the jukebox, I found an old flashdrive. It contained a hologram. I think it's from Jaromir's dad.
I received a hologram recorded message from a man named Branimir. He looks like an elderly version of Jaromir so I suspect they might be related. Branimir left me the following message:

Branimir: If you are hearing this I am probably long dead. To my children or grandchildren who inherit my python please protect it. It is good! There is something I am afraid to say. I cant store this message on the server...

Branimir: YnBar defeated Racunar. And shortly after we began to fall apart.

Branimir: Its the computer. Brainbot. I found this...

Brainbot (OS, Alien, Khamaloid) Atk N/A Health N/A

In 2051 SpaceX and Skylon partnered to study new alien life. The species known as Khamaloid were an extremely aggressive race of Aliens hell bent on destroying Humans. The Khamaloids known as Prentice, Gita and Brainbomb were the first three encountered.

Brainbomb was fused into a SpaceX supercomputer by accident while escaping Earth (Sci Fi Simulator 1) with a group of rebels known as the webdippians. He became Brainbot.

Family tree: brainbomb and gita were a married khamaloid pair. They had a child named Alex, a boy who died defeating Racunar.

Gita was dissected by the Croatians and became Racunar, a malevolent reproducing supercomputer. Gita was defeated by coalition forces led by Hero Branimir of YnBar.

Prentice was presumed dead by the hands of Skylon who held her captive in the late 2070’s.

Branimir: I am old and I did not know who to tell.

Brainbot reports that he is unaware of a being known as Prentice.

I asked Brainbot to tell me more about the Khamaloids. Here is the report:
"Very dangerous aliens. Super genius level intelligence. They could teleport regenerate mind control and go invisible. Last known khamaloids were gita and alex - deceased. Humans destroyed their race and they were less than thrilled."

I asked how the Khamaloids were defeated:
"Gita was turned into an OS that self replicated itself into cyborg aiand eventually died by being destroyed in its host OS server. Racunar was vulnerable since it had to have a central hub."

RagingIke297

#600 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 pm

##VOTE Nay on Proposal 2.6.1, Proposal 2.5.2
##Vote Yea on Proposal 2.5.5a and 2.5.5c (would like to see either of these happen)