M54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

M54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy

#1 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 am

WebDip Mafia 53: Mafia 1 Redux

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game (for the town majority) is to kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

GENERAL RULES

0. The GM reserves the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at his discretion.
1. All players must vote at least once per game day, and post at least twice per game day.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots of their role PMs.
3. All players are forbidden from using encryption.
4. All players are forbidden from using non-sanctioned PMing, or copied mechanics.
5. All spectators and players who have been eliminated are forbidden from posting on all comment threads related to the game notes.
6. All players are forbidden from cheating.
7. All players are required to play to win.
8. Players and/or teams may not concede the game in public.
9. All players must not +1 other players' posts. However you are greatly encouraged to +1 any GM posts. In fact, I would say this is mandatory but I doubt most of you will read this little bit in here hehe...

ELABORATION

0. Given a lack of omniscience, the GM cannot create a rule to resolve all possible scenarios pre-emptively. To compensate for this, the GM is permitted to resolve a given scenario however they see fit, within the remit of the rules listed above, in the interest of all participants. The GM will resolve all scenarios as closely as possible to the intention of the rules, and will present an explanation regarding the adjudication to the greatest possible detail (which does not compromise anything in-game) and as closely in accordance with the written rules as possible.

1. You MUST cast a vote at least once during each day phase. You may vote and then 'unvote' (see below) if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an 'unvote' in place. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Lynch” is permitted. During each day phase, every player MUST make at least two game-related posts. The GMs will use reasonable discretion when applying this rule.

2. All role PMs have been posted in the setup information. The point of this rule is to forbid "gaming" the role PMs to determine alignments; after all, the fun of this game is reading people, not outguessing the GM.

3. Encryption is defined as posting an encoded message on public channels that an average person would require outside software or other tools to decode. It is perfectly acceptable to leave "hidden messages" in your posts (for example, spelling out "I AM THE COP" with the first letters of every sentence), but as a rule of thumb, if you don't think the average user could decode it without a decryption service, don't post it.

4. All in-game communications should be kept within the thread. Only GM endorsed QuickTopic threads can be used for communicating with one another outside of the main game thread; aside from this, there should be no other forms of private messaging between players. You may PM the GM with questions or instructions.

5. Players who have been removed from the game are no longer playing the game, and will not be permitted to comment on it in private messages or comment threads. A special QuickTopic "God Thread" will be opened for individuals who wish to spectate on the game, or players who have been eliminated. Use this channel to discuss the game while it is still ongoing.

6. This is a catch-all rule intended to preserve the spirit of the game. If you are considering saying or doing something that may be against the spirit of the game, message the GM about it before saying/doing it and the GM will let you know whether it is allowed or not.
To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics. Players may not doctor, and create fake game related mechanics. Players may not share personal correspondence between GM to player under any circumstances. The GM will not confirm any claims, or adjudicate based upon anything that could easily be sorted out through questioning and evidentiary circumstance.
7. This rule simply means that your actions should in some conceivable way advance your win condition as stated in your role PM. This rule is somewhat subjective, because the difference between a mistake and sabotage is sometimes hard to determine; the GM will exercise caution and restraint in observing this rule. This also means that if you need to leave the game for any reason, you should not simply drop out, but should message me first so I can determine the best course of action.

8. If someone wishes to concede defeat, they must PM the GM, or post in their relevant QT thread for the GM to check it over. Public concessions are not permitted.

9. You are not permitted to click the "+1" on any other player's in-game posts. Giving +1s to the GM, by contrast, is actively encouraged. Like I said earlier, should be mandatory if you ask me...

PENALTIES

The penalty for breaking one of the above rules is decided at the GM’s discretion, up to and including immediate removal from the game and/or sanctions from future games. Removal and/or sanction are instruments of last resort and will be used only if absolutely necessary. Sanctions such as future bans will be determined by the consensus of the active player base after the game has concluded. A player removed from the game may or may not have their role revealed on removal, depending on the circumstances surrounding their removal.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

SPAM:
Spamming (defined as excessive content-free posting; or, excessive posting regarding subjects irrelevant to the game) is not mod-killed by rule in this game. The in-game voting mechanic exists to curb any advantage that spamming as a tactic may confer; please reference the “VOTING” section below for more information. Suffice to say that spamming is not worth anyone’s time in this setup, and will be frowned upon, so while you may not be lynched or mod-killed for spamming, please refrain from doing so.

PLAYER SILENCES:
Players that have other participants on their mute list are asked to remove them for the duration of this game. Disputes stemming from outside of this game should not carry over into the gameplay. If they do, the GM reserves the right to address these issues and potentially remove or sanction players if it becomes a disruption.

FORUM SILENCES:
If a player is silenced on the forum by the site moderators/admins, an alternate will take their place for the duration of their silence. The silenced player will then have the option to take their position back over or leave it in the hands of the alternate. As long as the silence does not stem from actions involving the mafia thread, there will be no in-game sanctions for a forum silence.

REPLACEMENTS:
A player wishing to drop out may be replaced at the GM's discretion. Individuals wishing to serve as potential replacements must NOT join the out-of-game God QT. Replacement is not guaranteed.

ROLE ACTIONS:
If you have any actions to take, please PM your action the GMs. Night actions will be processed at the end of the night and can be changed up to that point. Mafia's nightkill and roleblock will be voted on in the mafia chat.

VOTING

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Mafia voting to kill town members in Night phases.

“Lynch” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE VECNA) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted, for reasons of fairness but also because it is unlikely the GM will see your vote using the CTRL+F feature and this rule thus prevents vote miscounts.
Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players must have their vote on a candidate. You may ##VOTE and then ##UNVOTE if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an ##UNVOTE in place. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Lynch” is permitted.

Hammer Vote: The second level of voting is whether or not to employ the hammer mechanic. By default, days and nights are set to 24 hours long; however, players may instead elect to activate the hammer mechanic. Notate this vote with a pair of hashes before the word end. (EX: ##END). The day will end as soon as a majority of players are voting to endhammer. Please note that a majority of players on the same wafgon is NOT required, simply a majority end votes will end the day with the current vote totals. If you are not able to vote before the hammer is dropped, you will not be penalized for failing to vote during that day. Every player must vote end to activate hammer mechanic during night phases.

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their factional NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate QuickTopic thread to discuss this. Please make your votes in bold, like so: kill Zultar (< b > kill Zultar < / b >). Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill, unless the mafia team designates someone to make the kill.

GM: Nephthys

Night action order
Roleblock
Watcher
Cops
Kill

All GM calls must be made via PM to the GM. If required a post will be made in the game thread.

DO NOT POST

Nephthys

Re: M54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy

#2 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:04 am

Format

19 Players
4 Mafia
15 Town

Mafia
1x Absorbent Godfather
1x Killer
1x Goon
1x Unknown Alignment Cop

Town
1x Role Cop
1x Watcher
1x Roleblocker
12 x Vanilla Town

Town

You are Carlos Brito, the CEO of Corona A.K.A the TOWN Role cop. Struck by the staggering losses during the pandemic, you have taken it upon yourself to end this plague and bring your sales back to normal. During the day you must vote for who you think is the mafia. During night you may investigate a player using ##investigate PLAYER. At the end of night, you will learn their alignment and role. You when once CoVID-19 is eradicated.

You are the World Health Organization, the TOWN Role blocker. You have declared a worldwide pandemic, although frustrating, travel restrictions may need to be implemented to reduce further spread and flatten the curve. During the day you must vote for who you think is the mafia. At night you may place a travel restriction on a player by PMing the GM ##Roleblock PLAYER. That person will not be able to perform any actions during the night phase. This CAN be used on the same person multiple nights in a row. You win once CoVID-19 is eradicated.

You are the impenetrable fortress, you are Madagascar. The TOWN Watcher. Well known for your ability to outlast any pandemic through simply closing your ports, you are content to sit back and watch as the world crumbles around you. At least your lemur population are safe. During the day you must vote for who you think is the mafia. At night you may watch another player by PMing the GM ##watch PLAYER. You will learn anyone who visits the player that night. This can be used on the same person multiple nights in a row. You win once CoVID-19 is eradicated.

You are a Vanilla Town. Ever since the announcement of the first case of CoVID-19 in your country, the only thing more important than unnecessary racism towards Chinese people has been toilet paper. Thankfully you have 1400 rolls because you are a terrible person who also has very little understanding about how this disease progresses. During the day you must vote for who you think is the mafia. You win once CoVID-19 is eradicated.

Mafia

You are Patient zero. Unbeknownst to you, your live bat head soup was contaminated with a virus. A new virus. A deadly virus. You went about your life as normal until you developed a cough, then all went downhill. You didn’t even realise the role you were to play. You are a MAFIA alignment cop. Each night you MUST PM the GM with ##investigate PLAYER. You will learn whether they are mafia or town. You do NOT know the identity of the other members on your mafia team. You win when there is nothing the world can do to prevent global eradication

You are the Wuhan Chemical Weapons Facility. Your masterpiece, a virus that only targets the old. The weak. The useless to the advancement of your great nation, is nearly ready for deployment. You didn’t intend it to get out so soon but you marvel at the wonder you have come up with. You are the MAFIA absorbent Godfather. Any actions taken against you will provide a 1-use version of that action. If you are scanned you reveal as a vanilla town. You win when there is nothing the world can do to prevent global eradication

You are CoVID-19, the mafia Killer. Corona viruses are known for their distinct “halo” created by spike peplomers sticking out from your surface. Other famous coronaviruses include SARS and MERS. Will you be able to surpass both of them? While alive you must carry out the mafia kill. You win once there is nothing the world can do to stop eradication.

You are an infected patient. You travel the world with reckless abandon, completely aware of the public health catastrophe you are creating, but at least you got cheap flights to Italy. I hope that pizza tasted amazing you piece of trash. You are a MAFIA goon. You win once there is nothing the world can do to prevent eradication

DO NOT POST

Nephthys

#3 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:05 am

Also, as some of you may have noticed, this game does not have the [Hidden] tag in the title. That being said, it will be imperative that normal webDiplomacy forum rules must be followed during this game.

Please refrain from vulgar personal attacks and keep this game semi-PC. Or be incredibly creative with your attacks (shout out to the super creative ones in the group). The last thing we need is a moderator/admin to change the thread title and screw the bot up...

STILL DO NOT POST

Nephthys

#4 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:06 am

Player List

1. Worcej
2. Brainbomb
3. Vecna
4. Emc
5. Jamiet99uk
6. Chaqa
7. xorxes
8. Temasek22
9. Foxcastle
10. damo666
11. Balkiface
12. rdrivera2005
13. bozo
14. BunnyGo
15. sulit
16. Bo
17. Flum
18. kgray
19. pjandy

Nephthys

#5 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:08 am

Also please note, I donot have a Co-GM this game. Phase change is 7am for me, I will try get up with time to provide vote counts etc. On the chance I am not around for whatever reason please hold by yourself. I will do my best

Much love
Neph

Nephthys

#6 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 am

***Please note that if the Mafia cop scans the Godfather, he scans as mafia.***

Nephthys

#7 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 pm

***TOP SECRET***
We have an issue here in China. We face the greatest threat that our nation may have ever seen. The population is growing old. Once respected for their knowledge of the land and culture, our elderly or now obsolete. They drain our resources and contribute little to society. They hold us back from growing into the greatest country that has ever lived.

It is up to you to create a solution. I don't care what you do but make it work. Great riches and fame await for you.

I am sure that I don't need to remind you what will happen to you and your family if you should fail.

***End Memo***

DO NOT POST

Nephthys

#8 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:00 pm

Date: 15/November 2019

I've done it! I think I may have actually figure out the solution. It was quite simple really. By targeting the RAGE proteins I was able to establish an age related response. We expect the have a 50% mortality for people beyond working age, while saving almost everyone else.

3rd phase testing is a success. The virus is ready for deployment. I hear they might release it at the market next weekend. I guess all I can do now is wait.

I just hope they give my daughter back...

I miss her so much...

Nephthys

#9 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:02 pm

BREAKING NEWS

A virus outbreak is occurring in Wuhan, China. Symptoms include shortness of breath, fever and a dry cough. This situation is still developing and we will bring you more updates as soon as they become available.

The virus has been unleashed. Can you save the world and prevent total eradication? Find out in Mafia 54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy.

THE GAME HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

Fluminator

#10 Post by Fluminator » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:09 pm

oh wow I'm vanilla town
i don't think I've ever been vanilla town on webdip before
I don't even remember how to play as vanilla town
so I might be a little awkward

so if I look suspicious that's probably the reason

brainbomb

#11 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:11 pm

I arrive on a chariot drawn by iron golems

Fluminator

#12 Post by Fluminator » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:13 pm

##vote brainbomb

top 10 scummy entrances ever

Jamiet99uk

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

Hey everyone! This virus is a bit scary, huh? Thankfully I have built up a stockpile of 1400 toilet rolls so I should be okay.

I'm a bit concerned about that dude on the huge black chariot, though. That does *not* look like a good guy entrance scene.

brainbomb

#14 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 pm

cant people just shower and bathe?

brainbomb

#15 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:41 pm

List below whether you prefer bathing, showering, adult diapers or just none of those

Player List PREFERENCES

1. Worcej
2. Brainbomb
3. Vecna
4. Emc
5. Jamiet99uk
6. Chaqa
7. xorxes
8. Temasek22
9. Foxcastle
10. damo666
11. Balkiface
12. rdrivera2005
13. bozo
14. BunnyGo
15. sulit
16. Bo
17. Flum
18. kgray
19. pjandy

Jamiet99uk

#16 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm

You freak.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#17 Post by dargorygel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:49 pm

(bot note... sorry the bot wasn't running. I had the wrong time set. I THINK it is running now, but let me know if the EoD time is innacurate.)

brainbomb

#18 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:53 pm

I will watch osmosis jones now to help me find the contagion

Nephthys

#19 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm

GM Note

+1'ing Darg for his work on he bot is highly recommended

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#20 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:58 pm

@mafia, I am patient zero. Please protect me, and generally follow my lead.

@town, nothing to see here folks. I'm vanilla town.

@mafia, *wink.