M54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M54: Not a Carrot Conspiracy

#741 Post by kgray » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Brainbomb, what do you think of Temasek's "experiment"?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#742 Post by kgray » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Big win? No, although I am >99% sure at least one opportunistic scum jumped on my wagon on their first chance.
Who do you think did this?

brainbomb

#743 Post by brainbomb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:36 pm
It's time for me to reveal my cards.

I've played as scum on this site way too many times to still be crumbling under pressure. And in my games as scum my collapse is usually around D3/D4 after successfully lurking and appearing town early game.

Of course, as it's the school holidays for me , I got bored and just wanted to try something out, to try and sniff out scum by faking noobscum and seeing everyone's reactions. Guess what?

4 voted for me at some point, with brain giving the most sketchy reasoning of all. Most ended up focusing more on other targets, so the experiment didn't, really, work there. That said, worcej applied good pressure. Bunny and Flum I actually think are town, and emc, where have you gone? Oh, and we have wayyy too many VT claims at this point too.

##vote brainbomb
once again the sketchy reasoning is a borrowed statement from Jamiet99uk. I still havent heard what this sketchy reason was.

but backing up for a minute, if your goal every game is to behave scummy to bait mafia into voting you - its important you understand that on reread most folks are going to find those pushes justified.

In answer to kgrays question, this plan sounds really bad. I think you are the scum alignment cop based on your open question about what the godfather appears as

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#744 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Temasek22 wrote:

I've played as scum on this site way too many times to still be crumbling under pressure. And in my games as scum my collapse is usually around D3/D4 after successfully lurking and appearing town early game.

Of course, as it's the school holidays for me , I got bored and just wanted to try something out, to try and sniff out scum by faking noobscum and seeing everyone's reactions. Guess what?

4 voted for me at some point, with brain giving the most sketchy reasoning of all. Most ended up focusing more on other targets, so the experiment didn't, really, work there. That said, worcej applied good pressure. Bunny and Flum I actually think are town, and emc, where have you gone? Oh, and we have wayyy too many VT claims at this point too.

##vote brainbomb
Can you explain more about your thinking with this experiment? The idea was that you would purposefully act like you think scum acts. So, wouldn't it be a towntell if someone votes for you? They would be voting for someone who is actively trying to look like scum. Did you begin the game planning to do this, or did it sort of evolve out of your early play? When did you begin?

I see that you call out brainbomb specifically for having "sketchy reasons." What were brainbombs reasons and why were they sketchy?

What was the point of the exercise? What did you expect to happen?

When you conducted this experiment, what exactly did you intend to do in order to appear scummy?

Also, what does this mean: "Most ended up focusing more on other targets, so the experiment didn't, really, work there" Why does people focusing on other targets mean that your experiment did not work? Did you expect everyone to focus on you? If people are focusing on other targets when you are actively trying to look like scum, does that tell you/us anything?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#745 Post by kgray » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Temasek22 wrote:

##vote brainbomb
once again the sketchy reasoning is a borrowed statement from Jamiet99uk. I still havent heard what this sketchy reason was.

but backing up for a minute, if your goal every game is to behave scummy to bait mafia into voting you - its important you understand that on reread most folks are going to find those pushes justified.

In answer to kgrays question, this plan sounds really bad. I think you are the scum alignment cop based on your open question about what the godfather appears as
Do you believe that it was a bad plan that Temasek had from the beginning, or do you think that he made that up as an excuse once people started to vote for him? Or something else?

Pjandy

#746 Post by Pjandy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:08 pm

The good people of Vanilla Town appreciate the kind words and thoughts and prayers. Our front line workers are racing to airdrop TP in all city parks and other convenient gathering locations. Our administration is doing their best to coordinate a response to a situation that they are totally untrained for and mostly inept at dealing with.

But today I am glad to announce that our response is in full swing. Just last night everyone in City Hall was ordered to our conference room to watch a video on hand washing. The room only holds 50 or so people so it was a tight fit (and that reminds me - shout out to Bob and Sal for the doughnut holes and mini quiches! mmmmmm!)

Sure, we all saw Outbreak, played Pandemic, read The Stand, we've all heard about what they did to the Indians, we've all wondered "What's up with that dude's dad?" in Braveheart, we've all played Ring Around The Rosie and thought "that's a weird rhyme isn't it?", we've all made "Bring out your dead/I'm not dead yet" jokes, we've all seen the film adaptation of Poe's Masque of the Red Death staring Vincent Price, but no one, No One, could have possibly imagined - let alone do anything to prepare for - anything ever happening here, in Vanilla Town.

So, mistakes will be made, protocols will fall by the wayside (HIPAA-SchmIPPA, that's what I say!) But together we will get through the dark night. We will build a new world for all Vanillians! And we will do it in the most human way possible - by lynching anyone who seems a little suspicious!

brainbomb

#747 Post by brainbomb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:10 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Temasek22 wrote:

##vote brainbomb

Do you believe that it was a bad plan that Temasek had from the beginning, or do you think that he made that up as an excuse once people started to vote for him? Or something else?
I think hes maf alignment cop who is parroting everyones posts and ideas, got called out on it. and is just making shit up now

BunnyGo

#748 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Pjandy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:08 pm
The good people of Vanilla Town appreciate the kind words and thoughts and prayers. Our front line workers are racing to airdrop TP in all city parks and other convenient gathering locations. Our administration is doing their best to coordinate a response to a situation that they are totally untrained for and mostly inept at dealing with.

But today I am glad to announce that our response is in full swing. Just last night everyone in City Hall was ordered to our conference room to watch a video on hand washing. The room only holds 50 or so people so it was a tight fit (and that reminds me - shout out to Bob and Sal for the doughnut holes and mini quiches! mmmmmm!)

Sure, we all saw Outbreak, played Pandemic, read The Stand, we've all heard about what they did to the Indians, we've all wondered "What's up with that dude's dad?" in Braveheart, we've all played Ring Around The Rosie and thought "that's a weird rhyme isn't it?", we've all made "Bring out your dead/I'm not dead yet" jokes, we've all seen the film adaptation of Poe's Masque of the Red Death staring Vincent Price, but no one, No One, could have possibly imagined - let alone do anything to prepare for - anything ever happening here, in Vanilla Town.

So, mistakes will be made, protocols will fall by the wayside (HIPAA-SchmIPPA, that's what I say!) But together we will get through the dark night. We will build a new world for all Vanillians! And we will do it in the most human way possible - by lynching anyone who seems a little suspicious!
Welcome back? You still need to correct your vote for it to be legal.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#749 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:10 pm

@Bozo - I'm not going to do your little survey because it's day 1 and I don't have any super strong thoughts yet.

I am a little off this game. You'd think being stuck in my apartment would mean I have more time to be involved, but work is crazy and I've been perhaps indulging a bit too much in my vices after work 8-)

This EoD time is really awkward for me as well. I'll try to take lunch just before end of phase.

BunnyGo

#750 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Pjandy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:08 pm

I was looking forward to you injecting some humor/theme into the game. Especially as I couldn't bring myself to.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#751 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:11 pm

My initial thought, having played many games with them -

I'm surprised that xorxes and rivera would vote for me for playing how I always do. Seems disingenuous. Not to OMGUS, but I could easily see one or both of them as scum.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#752 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:16 pm

@Chaqa, I think you may very well be lynched today. Can you muster the strength to give us your best thoughts on reads in the next couple of hours, so that at least you leave us with some wisdom? Afterwards, you'll have all the time in the world to tend to your vices.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#753 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Re Xorxes and Rdrivera, I see what you mean there. But also...parking a vote on Chaqa out of annoyance or "better to lynch a lurker if we're really not sure" is towny in the sense that it's not making a big show out of trying to fabricate a scumhunt. I find that the lower effort vote parking might even tend towards towniness, more often than not, as it is not an effort to blend in.

BunnyGo

#754 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Jesus, EOD in just about 200 minutes and we still have 4 non-voters (including Andy...come back and fix your vote Andy!!)

Nephthys

#755 Post by Nephthys » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm

***Breaking News***

Today we can confirm that the most at-risk age group are those in the 80+ age range. The symptoms noted have been reported as escalating with age. Currently of the 15 patients required assisted ventilation, 12 of them are 70 years or older.

A 15 year old is the reported youngest case.

The confirmed cases have now been reported in China, Italy and Iran. There are still no reports of fatalities.

An inside source in the Hubei District Hospital is reporting that the most concern is currently around the condition of the following patients.

Chaqa (3) Fluminator* xorxes rdrivera2005
Temasek22 (3) brainbomb kgray damo666
brainbomb (3) Vecna bo_sox48 Temasek22
e.m.c^42 (2) Chaqa Jamiet99uk
worcej (2) Foxcastle BunnyGo
Foxcastle (1) worcej
BunnyGo (1) bozotheclown
No Lynch (1) Pjandy

3hrs and 38 mins remain in Day 1
Chaqa/Tem and brain are all requiring assisted ventilation.

There is yet no reported cure for the virus although many scientists are working around the clock.

(Balki/emc/sulit need to cast a vote)

BunnyGo

#756 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm
Jesus, EOD in just about 200 minutes and we still have 4 non-voters (including Andy...come back and fix your vote Andy!!)
I guess mod will count Andy's vote even if Bot doesn't. Ok...just 3 players to register a vote.

Fluminator

#757 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Shoot, I'm going to the redzone and meeting with my bank over deadline so I'll miss the most important part of the game.

Votes on Chaqa and EMC are both good and I endorse it.

Temarask is obviously bullshitting about "pretending to be scummy" but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scared scum. It could mean he's scared town.
He's probably not the worst lynch though.

Fluminator

#758 Post by Fluminator » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:11 pm
My initial thought, having played many games with them -

I'm surprised that xorxes and rivera would vote for me for playing how I always do. Seems disingenuous. Not to OMGUS, but I could easily see one or both of them as scum.
:eyeroll:

Pjandy

#759 Post by Pjandy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:30 pm

##novote

Temasek22

#760 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Alright, I really need to head to bed now. Sorry for letting you all down team town.

-please don't speedwagon me it almost happened the last time I was town-