M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#2561 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:06 am
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:03 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 pm

Maybe he decided he was scum.
I think your scum, but you're funny... :lol:
I am trying to understand a world where you are not scum. If you aren't scum, then AT LEAST two scum bussed emc that first day. That feels like a really bold scum move when they haven't been able to talk together yet.
Flash - I'm going to assume you're meaning this for me.
When you say if I'm not scum then two scum bussed EMC D1... do you mean throughout the day, or the final vote?

Kitsune

#2562 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:13 am
flash2015 wrote:
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:03 am

I think your scum, but you're funny... :lol:
I am trying to understand a world where you are not scum. If you aren't scum, then AT LEAST two scum bussed emc that first day. That feels like a really bold scum move when they haven't been able to talk together yet.
Who is “you”?

I think we can learn a lot from vote analysis assuming Kalel is scum (were kak and kit protecting? Has Kalel been bussing?) and under the not scum assumption. His alignment is crucial for others.

But I’m doing kiddos bedtime now.
He's talking to KalEl.

I was voting Damo partly because I thought he was scumlean (although not as fixed on that as I am on Kak) and because the other lead wagon was KalEl. I haven't read him as scum before, so yes of the two I'd have been prepared to protect him over someone who seemed less pure.

I'll ISO him before dawn and see what we get. I think I'm one of three possible lynches tonight, so keen to get my reads together.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2563 Post by flash2015 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am

If Kalel ISN'T scum (and me of course, I am looking from my opinion), on D2 it would have to mean food was scum, unless we are saying that all three scum piled onto Bozo. Again I can't see all three piling in on the Bozo mislynch.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2564 Post by flash2015 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 am

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 am
BunnyGo wrote:
flash2015 wrote:

Who is “you”?

I think we can learn a lot from vote analysis assuming Kalel is scum (were kak and kit protecting? Has Kalel been bussing?) and under the not scum assumption. His alignment is crucial for others.

He's talking to KalEl.

I was voting Damo partly because I thought he was scumlean (although not as fixed on that as I am on Kak) and because the other lead wagon was KalEl. I haven't read him as scum before, so yes of the two I'd have been prepared to protect him over someone who seemed less pure.

I'll ISO him before dawn and see what we get. I think I'm one of three possible lynches tonight, so keen to get my reads together.
Looking back at voting on D1, the emc wagon was created because emc didn't vote. Yet just after emc finally made a vote (4 minutes later) THEN you joined the emc wagon. Why then?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2565 Post by flash2015 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 am

Didn't Jamiet say he was off early (well before EOD)...yet I could see he was still around till only a few minutes ago.

BunnyGo

#2566 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:37 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am
If Kalel ISN'T scum (and me of course, I am looking from my opinion), on D2 it would have to mean food was scum, unless we are saying that all three scum piled onto Bozo. Again I can't see all three piling in on the Bozo mislynch.
If you could take the extra minute to explain the word “then” in your posts. It’s hard for me to follow your logic without you explaining.

BunnyGo

#2567 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:38 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:37 am
flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am
If you could take the extra minute to explain the word “then” in your posts. It’s hard for me to follow your logic without you explaining.
I see you didn’t write “then” but all the logical equivalents. It’s hard for me to understand your thought process.

Kitsune

#2568 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:49 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 am
Kitsune wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Who is “you”?

He's talking to KalEl.

Looking back at voting on D1, the emc wagon was created because emc didn't vote. Yet just after emc finally made a vote (4 minutes later) THEN you joined the emc wagon. Why then?
If you’ll look at my post, it was my read on a few different people and definitely took longer than 4 minutes to write. I hadn’t seen emc post, and while I wasn’t absolutely convinced of his guilt he was the scummiest of the three lead wagons (Bunny and Bob from memory).

If we had to do a fairly blind lynch Day 1, I wanted to put it onto someone I felt was most likely to be scum, even if I had an attack of nerves towards EoD.

My vote on EMC was not a policy vote based on his tardy voting practices.

BobMcBob

#2569 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:48 am

I think at this point we should probably lynch from Kalel, Flash, Bunny and food. I think I'll go Kalel tomorrow.

Jamiet99uk

#2570 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:18 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 am
Didn't Jamiet say he was off early (well before EOD)...yet I could see he was still around till only a few minutes ago.
Yeah I tried to get to bed early, but was compelled to check back here on my phone, from in bed, to see the outcome.

I did not expect an outcome this stupid.

Jamiet99uk

#2571 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:23 pm
@Bunny: Please explain why you spent so much effort softing that you were the real Vig? You look very much scum now.
Ummm. I explicitly said when people claimed I was softing that I was definitely not.
You still made it look like that's what you were doing.

Jamiet99uk

#2572 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:16 am

Day 3 Final Vote Count:

damo666 (5): foodcoats, BobMcBob, Foxcastle, Kakarroto, Kitsune
KalelChase (3): damo666, flash2015, Jamiet99uk
BunnyGo (1): BunnyGo
Kakarrotto (1): KalelChase

Unvoted: brainbomb
------------------------------

I know I am town. We know Damo was town. If Kalel is scum and was saved, which I think is the best bet, there are clues here.

Jamiet99uk

#2573 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:23 am

KalelChase's vote for Kakkaroto was at least a minute after the deadline according to the timestamp, but the GM counted it.

##CALL GM

Can you confirm that you adjudicated all votes up to "Please Hold" even though the "Please Hold" was late? Is this your standard policy? (This makes VCA using the Bot harder, as the Bot runs strictly off the clock).

Jamiet99uk

#2574 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:27 am

@KalelChase:

What was the point of attempting to re-start a wagon on Kakkoroto, one minute *after* the phase should have ended?

Were you completely unaware of the time?

Did you think there were still other votes on Kak?

Did you have a sudden realisation that Damo was town?

Please explain.

IMPORTANT: Please nobody else answer on Kalel's behalf. I am tired of people acting as spokespersons for the person I am trying to question. Kalel must answer this.

BunnyGo

#2575 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:23 pm
@Bunny: Please explain why you spent so much effort softing that you were the real Vig? You look very much scum now.
Ummm. I explicitly said when people claimed I was softing that I was definitely not.
You still made it look like that's what you were doing.
I mean, if you want to not read my words...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2576 Post by Chaqa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:23 am
KalelChase's vote for Kakkaroto was at least a minute after the deadline according to the timestamp, but the GM counted it.

##CALL GM

Can you confirm that you adjudicated all votes up to "Please Hold" even though the "Please Hold" was late? Is this your standard policy? (This makes VCA using the Bot harder, as the Bot runs strictly off the clock).
##GM Note-I said as much. Since the site’s clock, the bot’s clock, and each users must clock can be different, the official message has typically been the official end of phase. It was a bit late this time, but to be fair to everyone I didn’t want to pick an arbitrary point/post to pick as a cutoff.

Typically I post as soon as I see time.is flip to 6:00, but I was in a meeting until just after 6.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2577 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:27 am
@KalelChase:

What was the point of attempting to re-start a wagon on Kakkoroto, one minute *after* the phase should have ended?

Please explain.

IMPORTANT: Please nobody else answer on Kalel's behalf. I am tired of people acting as spokespersons for the person I am trying to question. Kalel must answer this.
Jamie,

I had sat down with 5 minutes to go, opened the bot window and saw the votes at that time. I started reading to catch up, and was crafting that message as I went along. As I was doing that I saw the time and just hit submit. Obviously, I had not refreshed the bot window along the way or I would have seen the balance change. If you look at the votes at 5 min before EoD that's where my mindset was for the message I sent.

I did not have a sudden realization that Damo was town. I do think Kak is scum. Any realizations I have had this game have not been sudden, and most have been overturned within 6 hours... so I don't trust 'sudden' anything.
My un-sudden breakdown right now is...
TOWN - Jamiet, Food, Kit, Kal (Me), Bob
I'm mixing them up so I don't know - Flash, Fox
Scum Pool - Bunny, Kak + one of the F'ers above

Hope that helps... either I'm here tomorrow to fight for that scum pool, or they kill me and hopefully that helps you guys.

This is my worst game in terms of helpful participation. I've been much better at other games either because I was town and had my spreadsheet, or I was scum had had good coaching (mostly Vecna)... this game I've had neither and been a mess.

Jamiet99uk

#2578 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@KalelChase:

Please explain.

Jamie,

I had sat down with 5 minutes to go, opened the bot window and saw the votes at that time. I started reading to catch up, and was crafting that message as I went along. As I was doing that I saw the time and just hit submit. Obviously, I had not refreshed the bot window along the way or I would have seen the balance change. If you look at the votes at 5 min before EoD that's where my mindset was for the message I sent.

I did not have a sudden realization that Damo was town. I do think Kak is scum. Any realizations I have had this game have not been sudden, and most have been overturned within 6 hours... so I don't trust 'sudden' anything.

Hope that helps... either I'm here tomorrow to fight for that scum pool, or they kill me and hopefully that helps you guys.

This is my worst game in terms of helpful participation. I've been much better at other games either because I was town and had my spreadsheet, or I was scum had had good coaching (mostly Vecna)... this game I've had neither and been a mess.
You logged in, saw that there were 5 minutes to go until the deadline, and then spent 6 minutes "crafting" one post, including a change in your vote.

That's your story?

Did it occur to you that you probably didnt have time to do that?

Did it occur to you that since this was occurring at EoD, there would likely be votes happening while you slowly and carefully typed? All this while under serious threat of being lynched?

Do you normally have problems understanding reality?

Is this your first time using a clock?

Do you normally just look at the sun and the moon and guess vaguely how much time is passing?

Do you think we are that stupid?

Jamiet99uk

#2579 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:01 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:44 pm
this kalel guy has certainly shown a lot of personality that I am sad to say I had not yet gotten to witness. Bobmcbob too. I gotta get used to all these new people and pay more attention to them.
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!

Next game I'm going to use the spreadsheet again to offset my senility that setting in.

I know I'm not supposed to vote just to protect myself, but...

Back the Kak Gak!

##Vote Kakarroto
This took you six minutes to "craft"?

Bull.
Shit.

You betray the behaviour of someone who expected to be saved.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2580 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@KalelChase:

Please explain.

Jamie,

You logged in, saw that there were 5 minutes to go until the deadline, and then spent 6 minutes "crafting" one post, including a change in your vote.

That's your story?

Did it occur to you that you probably didnt have time to do that?

Did it occur to you that since this was occurring at EoD, there would likely be votes happening while you slowly and carefully typed? All this while under serious threat of being lynched?

Do you normally have problems understanding reality?

Is this your first time using a clock?

Do you normally just look at the sun and the moon and guess vaguely how much time is passing?

Do you think we are that stupid?
It's what happened, and I think you're actually calling me stupid. Which I guess is probably accurate. This will be my last game. Go a head and lynch me if you want, but I'm town.