M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#2381 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:51 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:39 am
In fact I'm going to make this interesting.

##Vote Flash
Actually, ANOTHER interesting about this is, does scum!Kalel bus scum!flash here? Making the two lead wagons both scum? I don't see that either.

This actually could be good scum play by Kalel. Oof. Maybe all that noob stuff was deep cover after all.

On the one hand I don't want to believe this because I got a good vibe from Kalel, but I could be tunneling flash here because he's a lurker. And that could make a good target for scum to run up the scaffold.
On the other hand on the other hand on the other hand you could hedge even more, or not!!
Okay, fair enough. Here is what I think right now:

-I think Kalel is town. My iso left me feeling Kalel is town, and I am obviously just overthinking myself into WIFOM circles as you've identified above.
-I actually think my read of Bunny before was wrong. I don't have the quote but Bunny said something really bizarre to Bob: he said "admit you're scum and I will counterclaim vig" or something like that. I was reading Bunny as scum partially on the basis of the "too scummy to be scum" strategy but this is a new level of brinksmanship. I think Bunny is trying hard to generate reactions. So I think Bunny is town.
-I think damo has been incredibly wishy-washy and provided analysis that actually has no use whatsoever. As mentioned I'd classify it as endless conditionals. Basically WIFOM. So it looks busy but it is not. Therefore I think damo is scum skirting by.
-By Occam's razor I think flash is also probably likely scum still.

I don't really have a third scum any longer. Bob came off townie in the interaction with Kalel. I think Kit is town. I think you're town. We'll call Bob null now. I am null on Fox as well.

damo666

#2382 Post by damo666 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:06 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm
I have to believe that AT LEAST one of Kalel or Damo is scum (I can't believe three Mafia bussed emc, perhaps one or two). This is assuming that of course me and BB are both town.
Agreed. And I'm VT ( as brain says I'm obvious as scum).

##vote Kalel.

If Kalel flips town then very likely that BOTH Bob and Bunny are scum.

Kalel karrot food I think which is a slight shame because Bunny Karrot Food would be much funnier.
Why?

And why not vote bob?

Question: were there no scum on small wagons?
Maybe Flash

BunnyGo

#2383 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:17 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 pm

This is a stupid question.

We know the identity of the third party. It was Rdrivera. He's died.
This is irrelevant now but I did not mean the SK. Apologies for the lingo... I was borrowing a term from Apex: Legends, meaning when two teams are fighting and a third team comes to pwn the winner while they're wounded/resupplying. I meant to watch out for who/how pushes were made against you and emc based on that interaction, because I thought it was entirely typical for the two of you.
Oh ok.

I was actually accusing Bunny of being silly, not you, but ok.
Bunny & Food were on the same wavelength here

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2384 Post by KalelChase » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:37 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:28 pm

He votes it right afterwards. Sorry. Just pull up the iso or it's on page 117. It is clearly part of the same line of thinking/action from Kalel.
Explain why Kalel voting for Flash means Kalel is not scum with Bob?
It doesn't. What I was actually saying is that Kalel saying, "Hey Bob, maybe we're both town? I vote flash!" IS scummy of Kalel to do. And Bob's response to Kalel's olive branch - refusing to townread Kalel - feels townie. I don't see them doing this as scum-theatre; it is too nuanced. Kalel comes out worse for it and Bob comes out better for it. But based on my earlier iso of Kalel, I am still not really convinced Kalel is scum. So I am inclined to see this as meaning they are both town.
I agree with this assessment. I usually have a justified town-clear to alighn with (sheep?) at this point in the game, but it's not happening here. Feeling unanchored which is leading me to hop my vote around too much.

Fox, Food and Kit have made me challenge my bias'.

Fox & Kit got EMC right.
Fox & Kit got Bozo wrong.
Crap that's a wash... was hoping for something cooler.

I'll focus on the other wagons votes
Flash
Damo (who i've gone from Town to Null on),
Kak (who i've gone from scum-lean to Null),
Kalel (Obviously I know he's wrong here... If it's me I hope we all learn something)

Food
Brain (who i've gone from scum to Null on),
Brain (okay, consistency here, but I think many of us are finding him less scummy (which could be scummy in itself))
Damo (Hmmmm.... there's been a lot of case made here recently)

##Vote Damo

damo666

#2385 Post by damo666 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:57 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 am
By the way, my ballad of foodcoats is being done in lots of posts with short sentences so that Damo feels it is readable enough. I hope he cba.
:-D

BunnyGo

#2386 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

It doesn't. What I was actually saying is that Kalel saying, "Hey Bob, maybe we're both town? I vote flash!" IS scummy of Kalel to do. And Bob's response to Kalel's olive branch - refusing to townread Kalel - feels townie. I don't see them doing this as scum-theatre; it is too nuanced. Kalel comes out worse for it and Bob comes out better for it. But based on my earlier iso of Kalel, I am still not really convinced Kalel is scum. So I am inclined to see this as meaning they are both town.
I agree with this assessment. I usually have a justified town-clear to alighn with (sheep?) at this point in the game, but it's not happening here. Feeling unanchored which is leading me to hop my vote around too much.

Fox & Kit got EMC right.

Flash
Kalel (Obviously I know he's wrong here... If it's me I hope we all learn something)

Food
Brain (okay, consistency here, but I think many of us are finding him less scummy (which could be scummy in itself))

##Vote Damo
Was I the first or second Brain?

BunnyGo

#2387 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 pm

KalelChase wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Fox & Kit got EMC right.

Flash

Food

##Vote Damo
Also, you have nothing better than to vote a null?

Jamiet99uk

#2388 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Actually, ANOTHER interesting about this is, does scum!Kalel bus scum!flash here? Making the two lead wagons both scum? I don't see that either.

This actually could be good scum play by Kalel. Oof. Maybe all that noob stuff was deep cover after all.

On the one hand I don't want to believe this because I got a good vibe from Kalel, but I could be tunneling flash here because he's a lurker. And that could make a good target for scum to run up the scaffold.
On the other hand on the other hand on the other hand you could hedge even more, or not!!

-I think Kalel is town. My iso left me feeling Kalel is town, and I am obviously just overthinking myself into WIFOM circles as you've identified above.
-I actually think my read of Bunny before was wrong. I don't have the quote but Bunny said something really bizarre to Bob: he said "admit you're scum and I will counterclaim vig" or something like that. I was reading Bunny as scum partially on the basis of the "too scummy to be scum" strategy but this is a new level of brinksmanship. I think Bunny is trying hard to generate reactions. So I think Bunny is town.
-I think damo has been incredibly wishy-washy and provided analysis that actually has no use whatsoever. As mentioned I'd classify it as endless conditionals. Basically WIFOM. So it looks busy but it is not. Therefore I think damo is scum skirting by.

I don't really have a third scum any longer. Bob came off townie in the interaction with Kalel. I think Kit is town. I think you're town. We'll call Bob null now. I am null on Fox as well.
This is much clearer, thank you. I generally like your responses to questions this game, once you make yourself clear.

I think the scumpool is Damo, Flash, Bob, Kalel, and Steve McKakko, with a possibility of Brainbomb still, but that will be resolved tonight.

I conversely now assume that Foodcost, BunnyGo, and Kitsune are town with me.

Foxcastle is null, and that's bothering me, but he's not today's lynch.

damo666

#2389 Post by damo666 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:06 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 pm
I think I gave damo back too much credit for brainbomb claiming vig. I like Kit's counts and it just pinged me that I'm still not seeing anything from damo. Just looking at damo's iso today and it's all "if-thens." damo has no position on the game, just conditionals.

##VOTE damo666
Obviously it's all conditionals. I'm vt and don't know anyone's alignment.

damo666

#2390 Post by damo666 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:07 pm

@Jamie you should be voting Kalel not me.

Jamiet99uk

#2391 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:08 pm

KalelChase wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Fox & Kit got EMC right.

Flash

Food

##Vote Damo
These reads are horrible.
This is one of the most pointless set of reads I have ever seen. This is content-free content. You're basically just saying that you've stopped having any strong reads and you're null-reading nearly everyone.

You then vote Damo because of "case[s] made" despite having just declared him a null read. So obviously those cases you've seen have not persuaded you that Damo is scum, but you're just going to vote him anyway because other people are scumreading him.

Utter bullshit.

##VOTE KALEL

Jamiet99uk

#2392 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:09 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:07 pm
@Jamie you should be voting Kalel not me.
You're damn right I should.

Look at that crap he just posted.

Jamiet99uk

#2393 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Where is Rottenkakko?

BunnyGo

#2394 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

This is much clearer, thank you. I generally like your responses to questions this game, once you make yourself clear.

I think the scumpool is Damo, Flash, Bob, Kalel, and Steve McKakko, with a possibility of Brainbomb still, but that will be resolved tonight.

I really have started town leaning Fox because of EOD1. But that’s just me.

BunnyGo

#2395 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:

I really have started town leaning Fox because of EOD1. But that’s just me.
By which I mean, I’m appreciating how towny his Day 1 was.

brainbomb

#2396 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Okay
actual stuff to read. fun.

brainbomb

#2397 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:17 pm

I think Jamie really just is scum. ever since his tunnel dropped hes been really flimst on his pushes just flopping from attack of opportunity 1 after another.

##Vote Jamie

Jamiet99uk

#2398 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:17 pm
I think Jamie really just is scum. ever since his tunnel dropped hes been really flimst on his pushes just flopping from attack of opportunity 1 after another.

##Vote Jamie
You should read harder and not go back to tunnelling me.

brainbomb

#2399 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:17 pm

##Vote Jamie
You should read harder and not go back to tunnelling me.
This is really funny.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2400 Post by KalelChase » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 pm
KalelChase wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Fox & Kit got EMC right.

Flash

Food

##Vote Damo
Also, you have nothing better than to vote a null?
I really don't. I'm not following at all without my old methods.

I can tell you all that I am VT, but have no reads or anything on anyone. I know very lame.

Again, if it will help town then vote me out. Not sure I should be playing this game.