M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#2281 Post by KalelChase » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:03 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm
I have to believe that AT LEAST one of Kalel or Damo is scum (I can't believe three Mafia bussed emc, perhaps one or two). This is assuming that of course me and BB are both town.
I don't buy that multiple scum bussed EMC at all. I'm skeptical even one scum did. In the last 20 minutes, only Vecna moved to EMC, at the last moment. You think that two scum--half the wagon!--sat there and did nothing? The only way that makes sense is if their other options were also scumlynches.
Bob was one of the other wagons.

Kit tried to get something going to bring up Bozo (the cop), but again, could have just been timezone off-ness, but that's a lame as my 'newbie' excuse after 5 games... regardless scummy to try and save two scum (only 1 confirmed I know).

brainbomb

#2282 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 pm

BobMcBob
Day-2 47:48
page 65 / orig Damn, I really hope it wasn't the vig that shot xorxes. Losing the doctor is bad.
Seems I was wrong about both Squigs and Neph though.
Page 66 : g=53&part=Day%202&user=BobMcBob

BobMcBob
Day-2 47:43
page 66 / orig
↑flash2015: "Was someone following BB's advice to shoot Nepthys?"

Did bb shoot Nephthys? I really hope bb is not the vig

brainbomb

#2283 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:19 pm

BobMcBob
Night-2 18:57
page 94 / orig Geez, that was a horrible lynch. Our cop and doc are dead, and our vig is incopetent. This is not looking good...

brainbomb

#2284 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 pm

I can see him as scum with flash.

I dunno who the 3rd would be

BunnyGo

#2285 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm
if you take squiggs death as maf driven, bobmcbob rises in scumminess meteorically
##Vote Bob

This would explain why emc had to go D1. There were two scum wagons that were too close someone had to get sacrificed.
Why not kill me? Why not sacrifice the noob for a great bussing?

foodcoats

#2286 Post by foodcoats » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Kalel is pretty non-standout to me so, an iso of Kalel:

So I can't say why exactly but when I read Bunny's scumclaiming posts I see scum. But when I see Kalel do this below it says town to me.
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:47 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 pm
kalel to a lesser extent but its not that strong. hes kinda new
To be accurate... 5th game, but I'm a very slow learner who's not paying a lot of attention. I think I've said it every game... very blown away at how quickly some of the other 'newbies' do at this. I'm not giving up, but this game I'll be a bit of a sad sack.

Can I clarify something I think I read?
If I was to switch my vote to Bob right now it would imply scum partnering with e.m.c.? Just checking... Bob was my top of my scum list but I didn't want to look like I was voting for them just because they were voting for me (forgot the initials for this). Thanks for input.
Kalel dug through emc's whole D1 iso looking for clues. (Not clipping as it is very big.) I don't know that it was super helpful but that is mostly because of emc's playstyle. And I think Kalel's effort appears sincere. And it helped me get a townread on Neph at the time.

On the other hand there's a couple D2 things like this below, where I'm wondering... is Kalel this new? And... even if Kalel IS new... debating the semantics of the game... is... does it ever need to be done? So much of playing Mafia is heuristics, it's not science. So when people start asking for definitions of "pocketing" or whatever... to me it just reads very falsely. Because it's just a thing where you're saying "this player could be employing this strategy," so talking about it as though it is an ironclad thing that can be properly measured and identified is silly and is just filling space. And not to mention that doing it appears to be playing the newb card to beg weaker reads on their play and skirt by a couple of days.
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:33 am
RDR and Xorx seem to be subtly teaming/pocketing.
@Kalel

how did you go from this read day 1 to not even having rdr and xorxes mentioned by name in anything? this seems like you had them.as w/w
teaming/pocketing are not scum specific, correct? T vs. T could be teaming, and T vs. S would be pocketing? I really did look these terms up and thought I had them.
Looking at this based on what people have said this game would result int he scumminess of it coming from it being wishy-washy-hedging. Which, as a D1 observation, is more acceptable.
Also not clipping it but I do not like Kalel's iso of Vecna. It doesn't say anything and just comes out thumbs up. That looks like trying to get towncred by aligning with someone that scum!Kalel knew was town maybe.

Still happier with Bob, Bunny or flash, but Kalel could be a scum candidate. I will have to look at interactions with emc to see how they compare to my other reads. But I probably won't do that now because honestly they are null on balance, and I don't think they've done anything scummy, there's just a couple things they've said that could be scum-hedging.

So... yeah honestly I think Kalel has got to be town here.

Jamiet99uk

#2287 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Might be an error. But this was my gut order filling it in.
Your instinct is that Fox is more town than me because hmm.

Could you define "hmm" more specifically?
I just get no read on him. He seems here? Now that I’m writing this out I’m surprised, but when I read the names on the list his just came to the top of “no alarms have gone off”. That said “no obvious town things have either”. I may have put him too high. And probably Damo too low.
Right so just to be clear, in your ranking of most townie, "I get no read" ranks as more townie than "probably town".

Much logic. So clarity. Very list.

brainbomb

#2288 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:16 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 pm
Kalel is pretty non-standout to me so, an iso of Kalel:

So I can't say why exactly but when I read Bunny's scumclaiming posts I see scum. But when I see Kalel do this below it says town to me.
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:47 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 pm
kalel to a lesser extent but its not that strong. hes kinda new
To be accurate... 5th game, but I'm a very slow learner who's not paying a lot of attention. I think I've said it every game... very blown away at how quickly some of the other 'newbies' do at this. I'm not giving up, but this game I'll be a bit of a sad sack.

Can I clarify something I think I read?
If I was to switch my vote to Bob right now it would imply scum partnering with e.m.c.? Just checking... Bob was my top of my scum list but I didn't want to look like I was voting for them just because they were voting for me (forgot the initials for this). Thanks for input.
Kalel dug through emc's whole D1 iso looking for clues. (Not clipping as it is very big.) I don't know that it was super helpful but that is mostly because of emc's playstyle. And I think Kalel's effort appears sincere. And it helped me get a townread on Neph at the time.

On the other hand there's a couple D2 things like this below, where I'm wondering... is Kalel this new? And... even if Kalel IS new... debating the semantics of the game... is... does it ever need to be done? So much of playing Mafia is heuristics, it's not science. So when people start asking for definitions of "pocketing" or whatever... to me it just reads very falsely. Because it's just a thing where you're saying "this player could be employing this strategy," so talking about it as though it is an ironclad thing that can be properly measured and identified is silly and is just filling space. And not to mention that doing it appears to be playing the newb card to beg weaker reads on their play and skirt by a couple of days.
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:33 am

@Kalel

how did you go from this read day 1 to not even having rdr and xorxes mentioned by name in anything? this seems like you had them.as w/w
teaming/pocketing are not scum specific, correct? T vs. T could be teaming, and T vs. S would be pocketing? I really did look these terms up and thought I had them.
Looking at this based on what people have said this game would result int he scumminess of it coming from it being wishy-washy-hedging. Which, as a D1 observation, is more acceptable.
Also not clipping it but I do not like Kalel's iso of Vecna. It doesn't say anything and just comes out thumbs up. That looks like trying to get towncred by aligning with someone that scum!Kalel knew was town maybe.
Still happier with Bob, Bunny or flash, but Kalel could be a scum candidate. I will have to look at interactions with emc to see how they compare to my other reads. But I probably won't do that now because honestly they are null on balance, and I don't think they've done anything scummy, there's just a couple things they've said that could be scum-hedging.

So... yeah honestly I think Kalel has got to be town here.

sometimes I see bunny lingering a bit too long on this shtick of dismissive play by just saying go.ahead and kill me then. I get it. I did it too. but the way bunny has done it does occasionally feel like he has a guilty conscience at times.

Like he is sad for town that it isnt obvious. which can also be explained as hes just sad for town because we have a very harsh game ahead once im dead

brainbomb

#2289 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm

some of the things he finds funny seem like jokes from a perspective of haha thats what they think? oh god theyre so wrong but I feel bad for em

maybe thats scum bunny synpathizing because he diesnt like being scum.

or this is all just who he is and it means nothing

BobMcBob

#2290 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:35 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:50 pm
I'm kind of not caught up with everything that's happening I have to admit. I'll try to throw out some more reads on people I haven't looked at much yet, but that will be some time later tomorrow. I'll also take a closer look at EoD yesterday.
Scumslip or just survival assumption?
Survival assumption. I really have had less time to invest in the game and wasn't thinking about that at the time. And anyway, seeing I wasn't notably townread or scumread, what reason did anyone have to kill me?

brainbomb

#2291 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:35 pm
damo666 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:50 pm
I'm kind of not caught up with everything that's happening I have to admit. I'll try to throw out some more reads on people I haven't looked at much yet, but that will be some time later tomorrow. I'll also take a closer look at EoD yesterday.
Survival assumption. I really have had less time to invest in the game and wasn't thinking about that at the time. And anyway, seeing I wasn't notably townread or scumread, what reason did anyone have to kill me?
when I called you the sk, what was your thought process

BunnyGo

#2292 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Your instinct is that Fox is more town than me because hmm.

Could you define "hmm" more specifically?
I just get no read on him. He seems here? Now that I’m writing this out I’m surprised, but when I read the names on the list his just came to the top of “no alarms have gone off”. That said “no obvious town things have either”. I may have put him too high. And probably Damo too low.
Right so just to be clear, in your ranking of most townie, "I get no read" ranks as more townie than "probably town".

Much logic. So clarity. Very list.
Yup. The list was made by me looking at who is left and gut posting. No thought at all but gut. Very list indeed.

brainbomb

#2293 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:45 pm

I dont get any point in bobs posts where it looks like he has a clue whats even actually going on other than headlines

brainbomb

#2294 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 pm

BOBS VIEW OF GAME
kak was being weird lets be weird
squiggs says im scum lets freak out
kit did a weird thing ppl said was scummy
bb did a weird thing bb might be scum
oh look xorx died wow
did bb shoot neph? oh wow
bozo is scummy
oh wow bozo was cop. and doc is dead. and vigs a moron

brainbomb

#2295 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 pm

Im not sure if its a symptom of scum-guffaw or too much LSD in the 60s

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2296 Post by KalelChase » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm
if you take squiggs death as maf driven, bobmcbob rises in scumminess meteorically
##Vote Bob

This would explain why emc had to go D1. There were two scum wagons that were too close someone had to get sacrificed.
Why not kill me? Why not sacrifice the noob for a great bussing?
I like you better... see gut, no spreadsheet. :-)

Jamiet99uk

#2297 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah on re-read, after he dropped the Shakespearian crap, Bob does not look good.

##VOTE BOBMcBOB

Jamiet99uk

#2298 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:03 pm

(And I'm not saying all the verily's and prithee's and sirrah's were all that great to begin with)

BobMcBob

#2299 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:35 pm
damo666 wrote:

when I called you the sk, what was your thought process
I was actually looking through on the bot when I saw it, so I had no context. And my thought process was like so:
bb says he's confirmed I'm SK
Um, what the heck? I'm not SK? How can he possibly get that idea? I didn't even say anything SK'ish and there's nothing else it could have been.
Searched SK in brainbomb's posts. Saw the pretty horrible reasoning he used. Ok, where did I give the impression I wasn't wondering why Squigs died? Looks at my post. Looks closer. Oh, um, okay, these mafia people dig really deep into posts even if there's nothing there. Ok, I'm going to have to post what my reasoning was behind those posts. Posts post.

That help you at all?

brainbomb

#2300 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:20 pm

what were ya lookin for in the bot