M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#1001 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:58 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:57 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:56 pm
Vote Count 1.5
BunnyGo (4)
Nephthys xorxes e.m.c^42 brainbomb
e.m.c^42 (4)
Foxcastle Jamiet99uk BobMcBob Kitsune
BobMcBob (4)
Squigs44 damo666 bozotheclown KalelChase
damo666 (3)
BunnyGo Vecna flash2015
Jamiet99uk (2)
Kakarroto rdrivera2005
brainbomb (1)
foodcoats

4 mins to go.
Woo. Races!
This seems awfully comfortable for someone who was close to being lynched.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1002 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:36 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm
Trying to catch up for EOD. Have to pick up kids.

1) I’m fed up with EMC. I policy voted last game and will do again
2) Kalel is scummy scum scum
3) the rest looks noisy to me. Could be anything so far
4) I’m so glad BB is here. I’m surprised I’m saying that.
Bungo, on the other hand...
PLACE A F8&$ing holding vote! I don’t give a sh&$ if it’s no lynch or self vote or me. But STOP TEMPTING THE MODKILL. Until you do consistently, you’re a liability.
This could very well be scum mad at their scummate for getting policy lynched. Liability to the scum team and all.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1003 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm
Trying to catch up for EOD. Have to pick up kids.

1) I’m fed up with EMC. I policy voted last game and will do again
2) Kalel is scummy scum scum
3) the rest looks noisy to me. Could be anything so far
4) I’m so glad BB is here. I’m surprised I’m saying that.
So this was Bunnys latest reads before switching from emc to a damo wagon. Bunny, why did you vote for damo and not give reasoning when Kalel appeared to be a strong scum read of yours just a few posts before?

Jamiet99uk

#1004 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:03 am

Brainbomb's guilt is very clear to me. He posted a fake vote at a crucial moment, and then he lied again about why he fake-voted. I will present a detailed case just before EoN, and then we should lynch Brainbomb tomorrow.

Jamiet99uk

#1005 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:04 am

Note that the way Brainbomb lied, when questioned about his fake vote, is just as important as the fake vote itself.

BobMcBob

#1006 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:04 am

Looking back on the last hour or so before EoD, (loads of fun, it was quite thrilling to see how it actually panned out), but Kitsune don't look great from the last few minutes there. That attempt to switch to bozo, plus the uncertainty on emc didn't seem very towny. Biggest standout from that last hour for me. (Also brainbomb attempting to roll bunny over to an extra vote looked real bad).

BobMcBob

#1007 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:20 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:28 am

That would imply that I'd done something really clever and well though-out, but also been dumb enough to drop the roleplay.

Better hot take:
emc
brain
kalel
squigs maybe?
Me doing something that risky for a not easily forsee-able (for me at least) townread is almost enough to discount the theory already though. We all know I'm not good at this game, a fact which Squigs delights in.
I'm starting to get really annoyed that you are painting me a villain. If you take issue with the case I put on you, then tell us what was wrong with it. If you think my case on you had ulterior motives, then call me scum, vote for me, and convince others of that. But dont shade me, paint me as a bad guy, characterize me as someone who delights in your pain. I saw some aspects of your play that were questionable, so I questioned you, I pushed you, I got a conversation going. That's how you play the game.

Once upon a time I joined M3. I wasn't even 18 yet, but I thought, oooh, mafia, this will be fun. I proceeded to get wrecked by ghug. He wasn't very nice to me, and well, I wasnt very good at the game. I was a defensive noob, and ghug ran me up like day 2 as an easy mislynch. I played again, and ghug mislynched me again. I've looked back on the game, and I'm pretty sure I would have mislynched myself. Ghugs push on me was good for me though. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have become the player I am now.

So you've got a choice Bob. You can continue to complain that people are mislynching you, scumreading you, whatever. You can continue to sell yourself short and say you aren't capable of playing well. Or, you can look around at the better players, try to understand the game, and evolve your own play. Choice is yours.
If you would like to help me, I would welcome the help. If you would like to teach me (without being rude about it), I will happily listen. Otherwise, I'm just going to go through a natural progression curve of working out how to play the game, what works, what doesn't, how to read into things better, etc. My play is evolving, but that doesn't mean I 'm going to get good or look good overnight. It'll take much longer than that.

And what do you know, it turns out that being defensive can actually work. I'm not dead yet. I'm going to play the game how I think I should play it, and that happened to involve defending myself. Heavily. Maybe it was unwise, or there were better options, but I didn't feel like being lynched. And I couldn't think of a better way to stop it. Like I said, happy to listen, happy to learn, but don't expect me to change that quickly.

Jamiet99uk

#1008 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:24 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:04 am
(Also brainbomb attempting to roll bunny over to an extra vote looked real bad).
This is a slightly inaccurate description of what he did, but, you are right, it looks very bad. Coupled to his response when questioned about it, it looks very bad indeed.

BobMcBob

#1009 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:24 am
BobMcBob wrote:
(Also brainbomb attempting to roll bunny over to an extra vote looked real bad).
This is a slightly inaccurate description of what he did, but, you are right, it looks very bad. Coupled to his response when questioned about it, it looks very bad indeed.
Okay, he tried to seem as though there was another new vote on Bunny? Something like that. Still looks bad.

BobMcBob

#1010 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 am

Squigs44 wrote:
I'm starting to get really annoyed that you are painting me a villain. If you take issue with the case I put on you, then tell us what was wrong with it. If you think my case on you had ulterior motives, then call me scum, vote for me, and convince others of that. But dont shade me, paint me as a bad guy, characterize me as someone who delights in your pain. I saw some aspects of your play that were questionable, so I questioned you, I pushed you, I got a conversation going. That's how you play the game.

BobMcBob

#1011 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 am

Oops, that was meant to be Preview to check formatting, not Submit. Actual response to that is coming.

BobMcBob

#1012 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:58 am

Squigs44 wrote:
And yeah, I do have a problem with your case on me. Most parts of it actually. You state my role-play as part of the reason you vote for me. Seems like just a contrived extra reason to me. Then you accuse me of pocketing, although it was really just me agreeing that Neph's Bunny case was bad. Which it was. I made no attempt at pocketing, nor did I remember it existed at that point in time.

And then you blame me for my reads being bad. You say that you would like to townread me based on seeming genuine, but that you can't because my reads are bad? And why would that stop you? Maybe I just, y'know, don't have strong opinions or understand the game well yet. And yet you focus on how bad my reads are and call it scum-indicative. And then tell me to put together a good case as though it's something easy.

Yeah, I do have a problem with your case. It sucks. It assumes that I should have the same level of skill as everyone else and relies on that assumption as its foundation. And you're smart enough to realise that the assumption is wrong. You happy now? FWIW, I consider this pretty well thought out.

Nephthys

#1013 Post by Nephthys » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:20 am
Squigs44 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 am

Me doing something that risky for a not easily forsee-able (for me at least) townread is almost enough to discount the theory already though. We all know I'm not good at this game, a fact which Squigs delights in.

Once upon a time I joined M3. I wasn't even 18 yet, but I thought, oooh, mafia, this will be fun. I proceeded to get wrecked by ghug. He wasn't very nice to me, and well, I wasnt very good at the game. I was a defensive noob, and ghug ran me up like day 2 as an easy mislynch. I played again, and ghug mislynched me again. I've looked back on the game, and I'm pretty sure I would have mislynched myself. Ghugs push on me was good for me though. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have become the player I am now.

So you've got a choice Bob. You can continue to complain that people are mislynching you, scumreading you, whatever. You can continue to sell yourself short and say you aren't capable of playing well. Or, you can look around at the better players, try to understand the game, and evolve your own play. Choice is yours.
If you would like to help me, I would welcome the help. If you would like to teach me (without being rude about it), I will happily listen. Otherwise, I'm just going to go through a natural progression curve of working out how to play the game, what works, what doesn't, how to read into things better, etc. My play is evolving, but that doesn't mean I 'm going to get good or look good overnight. It'll take much longer than that.

And what do you know, it turns out that being defensive can actually work. I'm not dead yet. I'm going to play the game how I think I should play it, and that happened to involve defending myself. Heavily. Maybe it was unwise, or there were better options, but I didn't feel like being lynched. And I couldn't think of a better way to stop it. Like I said, happy to listen, happy to learn, but don't expect me to change that quickly.
Always feel free to ask questions. I may not be as hood as squiggs but I’ll take a shot at explaining

Nephthys

#1014 Post by Nephthys » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:26 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Does Vecna knowing what he did and why he did necessarily bad?

However I can’t see a scum brain doing that. It’s so blatant, I need to reread his interactions with emc to reach my end conclusion but on gut it seems you’re taking this too far.

foodcoats

#1015 Post by foodcoats » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:06 pm
EMC HAS DIED. HE WAS ABGEMACHT, a MAFIA GOON!
Hahahaha oh wow. METAHAMMERED. And it fucking paid off. Good call town.

GG emc.

Jamiet99uk

#1016 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:07 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:36 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Okay, he tried to seem as though there was another new vote on Bunny? Something like that. Still looks bad.
He pretended he was reluctantly breaking the tie.
He knew he was not.
It was deception.

BunnyGo

#1017 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:54 am
Kitsunes fake vote on Bozo, then revote on emc after deadline complicates things with her quite a bit. She was real hesitant and wish washy on emc, which would normally be really scummy, but it looked like Kitsune really was willing to vote emc at the end there
Yes. I think she really thinks I’m town.

Hot take:
Since I am town, this is an interesting thing. If she were scum she’d be happy with me as the mislynch.

Since I present as scum, then she could potentially be scum trying to protect both her teammates? Nah...she’d vote Bob or Damo

Question: why didn’t she jump on the Damo wagon she said she wanted?

Answer: all this points to her just being confused at EOD.

foodcoats

#1018 Post by foodcoats » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 pm
ok fine
##Vote bunnygo
Brainbomb was **already** on BunnyGo when he posted this.

This is HIGHLY suspect.
I'm catching up on the thread, but there are two things in this regard:

I found brain's play towards EOD very weird. Slagging Bob for self-defense was technically incorrect and I don't believe brainbomb doesn't know that. Brain then called out that Bob may be a PR. I don't feel there's any good reason to do that as town. I know brainbomb is a wildcard but those two things looked distinctly scummy, not just crazy.

However, the other thing is: I was close to voting Bunny because, an hour and a half before EOD, Bunny re-iterated that he was policy-lynching emc, but he had literally been the very first vote in the game and had camped on emc perpetually (for 46.5 hours or whatever). I thought it was a weird thing to call out at that time, with emc lead wagon and Bunny's vote stale. Now what's really strange, I had to leave EOD to go to an event, but I see Bunny tried to start a damo wagon. So that's really, really interesting and I'll have to look back at Bunny's reasoning.

BunnyGo

#1019 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:36 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Bungo, on the other hand...
PLACE A F8&$ing holding vote! I don’t give a sh&$ if it’s no lynch or self vote or me. But STOP TEMPTING THE MODKILL. Until you do consistently, you’re a liability.
This could very well be scum mad at their scummate for getting policy lynched. Liability to the scum team and all.
Could be. Last game when he was scum he voted very early to get the policy votes off him.

brainbomb

#1020 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:15 am

emc townreads neph on a few occasions

e.m.c^42
Day-1 45:51
page 4 / orig Neph feels like he's rp'ing bb
pages 1, 4, 5, 10 and has a hard defense of neph in long form. on record the only townread emc ever posts. Could be he wants to prop up his scumbuddy here. Although its rather risky to keep blabbing on about ones scumteam partner in such detail.