M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#681 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm

having lots of wolf reads is a good thing. you just wamna start finding ways to flip em or cross em off as potential

BunnyGo

#682 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 pm
Also I'm genuinely shocked that no one has even questions my ewok post.

Did people ignore or translate it?
Didn’t have time. Busy at work. Was scummy to do.

brainbomb

#683 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:33 pm

the difference between you and I nephy
is I strive to push wagons and to get at least 1 of my scumreads to react or hopefully to die.

you just behave stiff and frozen. arguing and slandering ppl with multiple reads. shame on you. shame on society really

Nephthys

#684 Post by Nephthys » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:33 pm
the difference between you and I nephy
is I strive to push wagons and to get at least 1 of my scumreads to react or hopefully to die.

you just behave stiff and frozen. arguing and slandering ppl with multiple reads. shame on you. shame on society really
It doesn't take a genius to work out from previous games that my scumhunting is average at best. There's a reason I focus on building a towncore and POE. Its also normally incredibly accurate.

I also feel no pressure to change my vote if there is no reason to. That is where we truly differ.

Vecna

#685 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm
could
but hes town here so itd be pointless
I really dont see how you can be that certain with the limited stuff hes done so far. Id firmly state nothing of it is anywhere close to outside his scum range.

Most of his takes havent been very deep yet. Care to elaborate?

e.m.c^42

#686 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Rather old at this point but Squigs, here is your extrapolation and other halfcents alongside that page range. There was a good handful of people who all found Bob n Kit n maybe a little xorx with awkward seemingly tryhard entrances, thought it scummy, and left lmao

Was it awkward? yes. But necessarily scummy, don't think so as both of them (especially Bob) are unfortunately kinda easy targets in terms of being scumread for it? Especially Bob. (although, will not deny that the last time he played scum he did do similar rp - but it seems to be more of character trait than alignment thing imo)

Kinda ehh on how Squigs missed sarcasm (assuming that it was sarcasm), he's not done that before to even Jamie when he was being serious and everyone else took it sarcastically lol

xorxes

#687 Post by xorxes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:23 pm
Also, why is everyone going so hard into my meta without mentioning the massive change that is foodcoats. This guy is normally one of the more focused but light hearted players here. Now he's just throwing random words out half the time.
I don't really remember much about foodcoats other than last game.

Last game he acted as a diligent newbie, and I townread him for that because I didn't really remember what he was like.

This game he is very definitely different. If he is scum, he has a versatile repertoire.

BobMcBob

#688 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm

Bet you 20 bucks at least two of the blokes on my wagon are scum.

The reason I had no strong reads is because I (perhaps wrongly) was trying to post reads on all the major players in the game. I didn't know I'd run out of time as quickly as I did, so I had to plonk down the rest of my reads with little explanation. I still have little time between waking up and leaving but here goes:

Kalel's post of random names gave too much explanation about how random they were. He explicitly stated twice that we wasn't scum, which just always seems awkward. There's been little I like about his posts, including his question about teaming me with emc.

Skimming through emc's posts real quick, I can't find him being helpful anywhere. He blames his lack of @#$%posting on being cautious around forum silences, but I don't think that's a great explanation. I don't like it very much. I give him scum for being useless.

Bozo's experiment was useless, but I still don't think he's necessarily scum. I dunno. I just got that impression, but don't have time to look over him again now.

Squigs's reply to my reads post was perhaps the worst thing I've read all day. Seriously, you blame someone for a lack of opinions and original reads, virtually forcing them to post reads and then blame them for being an indecisive noob and your reads all being bad? I really don't like it. I don't do convincing cases, because I can't. I can't even convince myself normally. Squigs should know this by now, but he still wants to lynch me for it.

##Vote emc

brainbomb

#689 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm
could
but hes town here so itd be pointless
I really dont see how you can be that certain with the limited stuff hes done so far. Id firmly state nothing of it is anywhere close to outside his scum range.

Most of his takes havent been very deep yet. Care to elaborate?
was just in a game last week where he was maf. a hollow stump of a man with tone issues galore. I see none of that here

brainbomb

#690 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm

The reason I had no strong reads is because I (perhaps wrongly) was trying to post reads on all the major players in the game. I didn't know I'd run out of time as quickly as I did, so I had to plonk down the rest of my reads with little explanation. I still have little time between waking up and leaving but here goes:

Kalel's post of random names gave too much explanation about how random they were. He explicitly stated twice that we wasn't scum, which just always seems awkward. There's been little I like about his posts, including his question about teaming me with emc.

Skimming through emc's posts real quick, I can't find him being helpful anywhere. He blames his lack of @#$%posting on being cautious around forum silences, but I don't think that's a great explanation. I don't like it very much. I give him scum for being useless.

Bozo's experiment was useless, but I still don't think he's necessarily scum. I dunno. I just got that impression, but don't have time to look over him again now.

Squigs's reply to my reads post was perhaps the worst thing I've read all day. Seriously, you blame someone for a lack of opinions and original reads, virtually forcing them to post reads and then blame them for being an indecisive noob and your reads all being bad? I really don't like it. I don't do convincing cases, because I can't. I can't even convince myself normally. Squigs should know this by now, but he still wants to lynch me for it.

##Vote emc
you bet 20 bucks two ppl on you are scum, then vote top wagon to self preserve.

uhm

worcej

#691 Post by worcej » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Vote Count 1.3, because BB's don't count!
e.m.c^42 (4) BunnyGo, Foxcastle, Jamiet99uk, BobMcBob
BobMcBob (4) Squigs44, damo666, bozotheclown, KalelChase
Jamiet99uk (3) Vecna, Kakarroto, brainbomb
BunnyGo (2) Nephthys, xorxes
bozotheclown (1) Kitsune
KalelChase (1) rdrivera2005
flash2015 (1) foodcoats
Foxcastle (1) flash2015

Currently no one will be banned in an hour and thirteen minutes.

brainbomb

#692 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:47 pm

I dont understand why bob is so annoyed at being pushed by squiggs this game

Vecna

#693 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Im gonna try and put my hand in the fire to try and dissuade the BOB wagon.

I also had surface level doubts, especially to his entrance, but when I questioned him on it he had an extremely towny response. My gut has also been telling me that most of his posts following since have been town motivated.

im 95% certain lynching him will be a town flip. He'll be a good part of my townblock of people that should not be lynched.

brainbomb

#694 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 pm

neph to summarize my thought process ive got alot of scumreads but not alot of followers. and rivera had a point maybe my decisions havent resonated but im alot more constrained on time to get my opinions out.

I had 7 hours while others had 48. im at the mercy of the wagons available to pusu ppl In my reads who are also viable

brainbomb

#695 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 pm

I also had surface level doubts, especially to his entrance, but when I questioned him on it he had an extremely towny response. My gut has also been telling me that most of his posts following since have been town motivated.

im 95% certain lynching him will be a town flip. He'll be a good part of my townblock of people that should not be lynched.
how do know he isnt sk?

Kitsune

#696 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 pm
Has Bozo really only gotten 2 votes total? That seems lower than he usually garners from his Day 1 proposals.

Kitsune, why Bozo?
In the absence of finding a better target yet. His Day 1 proposal hasn't really gathered any opposition so it's hard to gauge how hardline vs persuadable he is, which is generally my metric for him.

Still, when I feel he's been fanaticly wedded to one idea in Day 1 and he comes off as scummy to me, he's been town.

When he's been persuadable and given up on it too easily, he's felt town and been scum.

This time I don't have a strong read but he doesn't seem angry enough. So... he feels towny if timewasting, and consequently based on meta I'm leaning him scum and voting him in the absence of a better target.

But we're getting close to vote time, so I'll run a couple of ISOs.

Kitsune

#697 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Kitsune: Usually I get a vibe on Bozo based on how he reacts to the opposition to his plans (which has been 100% accurate in every game I've played with him), but I have no read as yet so I'm happy enough to follow his lead and see what he's come up with.

BUNNYGO: My method is as random as bozos. Just a bit more obvious. Like all of bozos experiments this is useless, distracting, and will waste our first three days with nothing to say for it. Now back to watching the vapid day 1 posts. As ND would correctly say: this is all f&;*ing useless sh*%. And he’d be right.

BOBMCBOB: I doth not have many ideas of whom amongst us might have malicious intentions. Bozo the Clown doth not seem to be helping, for I doth not have faith in the predictive power of random numbers. Unless we art throwing the sacred seeing stones of Sachland, I doth not think randomness canst help. And if it can, why not generate these numbers yourself?

I shalt continueth my dissertations later when I once again hath time. But I now must go and tend to other matters.

@Kitsune did you miss these reactions or do you require bozos reaction to them to speculate on it.
I didn't miss them.

They were "this is useless", but no actual "everyone stop doing this at once, we're wasting our time with Bozo's nonsense!".

I speculated on why that was this time, but didn't get any relevant reactions on that either. Just a few babs suggesting I was 'off meta' :lol:

Vecna

#698 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Ill keep stating I feel 7/8 people on the top two wagons are the sketchy part of the game. #8 is defense voting.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#699 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Have to agree with Vecna, his reactions to being voted and pressure look towny.

foodcoats

#700 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm

##Vote emc
you bet 20 bucks two ppl on you are scum, then vote top wagon to self preserve.

uhm
WEAKBOMB. LAMEBOMB. SHAMEBOMB.

If Bob is town and knows they're town, ANY wagon is better than themselves, irrespective of other reads. Voting to selfsave is NOT scummy. You're competent enough to know this.

EXTRA. EXTRA. READ ALL ABOUT IT. BRAINBOMB WANTS TO BURY PRITHEE MCBOBSIR.