M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#441 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 am

The troubles of the world appear to have gotten to bungo, he's been sadly nonshitposty and disillusioned to our incredibly accurate day one reads.

Will echo that Kit somewhat fell off from general existence, hi kit, it's been awhile :D

worcej

#442 Post by worcej » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:15 am

Vote Count 1.1 (because I am here)

e.m.c^42 (2) BunnyGo, Foxcastle
BunnyGo (2) Nephthys, xorxes
BobMcBob (2) Squigs44, damo666
brainbomb (1) flash2015
Vecna (1) bozotheclown
Jamiet99uk (1) Vecna
xorxes (1) Jamiet99uk
flash2015 (1) Kakarroto

Currently no one will be banned from webDiplomacy in 20 hours and 45 minutes.

e.m.c^42

#443 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 am

since jamie seems to be adorably, generally inattentive once again, in clear cut wording

1) emc draw jmo bikini <3
2) post vanish (!!)
0) ???
3) !!!
4) D:
4.5) (T⌓T)
6) emc labours over e-mail of love with tender affections, painstakingly, currently still in progress.

e.m.c^42

#444 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 am

i haz been highly emotionally distressed. so distressed that even the lure of role-playing aggressive jamie was forgotten

Kitsune

#445 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:29 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:07 am
You here, Kitsune? Haven't heard from you in weeks. What are you planning on doing this game?
Hey Bunny (and EMC). At work right now, which means sneaking on my phone in between orders.

Trying to keep up with the thread and keep some semblance of what’s going on and who’s revealed what relevant information. Won’t be attempting a spreadsheet or Dargo’s Rings until Day 2 at earliest - maybe 3.

I do want to actually advance my own proposal but don’t have any useful suggestions yet on which to base it. Will be thinking for the next couple of hours and hopefully have something for you all when I get home.

In the meantime, D & D characters? Actually looked into those recently, so I’ll be a Halfling Ranger.

Oh, and:

##vote Bozo

BunnyGo

#446 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:34 am

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:29 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:07 am
You here, Kitsune? Haven't heard from you in weeks. What are you planning on doing this game?
Hey Bunny (and EMC). At work right now, which means sneaking on my phone in between orders.

Trying to keep up with the thread and keep some semblance of what’s going on and who’s revealed what relevant information. Won’t be attempting a spreadsheet or Dargo’s Rings until Day 2 at earliest - maybe 3.

I do want to actually advance my own proposal but don’t have any useful suggestions yet on which to base it. Will be thinking for the next couple of hours and hopefully have something for you all when I get home.

In the meantime, D & D characters? Actually looked into those recently, so I’ll be a Halfling Ranger.

Oh, and:

##vote Bozo
Glad the job's working out. Please don't follow Kalel down spreadsheet hell. I'll have to lynch you.

foodcoats

#447 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am

D&D classes poll:

BobMcBob - minotaur paladin
bozotheclown - human fighter
brainbomb
BunnyGo - orc rogue
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto - half-elf cleric/bard/druid/rogue/paladin
KalelChase - human bard
Kitsune - halfling ranger
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Squigs44 - barbarian warlock
Vecna
xorxes

BunnyGo

#448 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am
D&D classes poll:

brainbomb
BunnyGo - orc rogue
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
KalelChase - human bard
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Vecna
xorxes
This! This is helping is solve things! /sarcasm

foodcoats

#449 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 am
foodcoats wrote:
D&D classes poll:

brainbomb
BunnyGo - orc rogue
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
KalelChase - human bard
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Vecna
xorxes
Let go of your preconceptions.

Let go of your ego.

Let go of your belief in causality.

Let go of your object-oriented view of reality.

Assimilate the waveform that is you/I into the greater singularity that is us/town.

Only then will you be granted wisdom.

Only then will knowing and not-knowing become one in knowing-not-knowing.

Only then will you catch scum.

BunnyGo

#450 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:11 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 am
foodcoats wrote:
D&D classes poll:

brainbomb
BunnyGo - orc rogue
damo666
e.m.c^42
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
KalelChase - human bard
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Vecna
xorxes
Let go of your preconceptions.

Let go of your ego.

Let go of your belief in causality.

Let go of your object-oriented view of reality.

Assimilate the waveform that is you/I into the greater singularity that is us/town.

Only then will you be granted wisdom.

Only then will knowing and not-knowing become one in knowing-not-knowing.

Only then will you catch scum.
My god...it's all so clear now...

I need...

I see...

More whiskey!

e.m.c^42

#451 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 am

foodcoats wrote:
D&D classes poll:

brainbomb
BunnyGo - orc rogue
damo666
e.m.c^42 - deluded half-tiefling bard
flash2015
foodcoats - human mage
Foxcastle
Jamiet99uk
KalelChase - human bard
Nephthys
rdrivera2005
Vecna
xorxes
Despite not actually being D&D player

BobMcBob

#452 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 am

Someone please tell me why I hate Squigs so much. Or more accurately, why he hates me so much. In M50 he scumread me completely incorrectly for the entire game, and pushed strongly for me. Now he's doing it again. Why is that Squigs? You jump on me for being forced (having fun with ye olde Anglish), being inconclusive (because I'm supposed to somehow draw conclusions from all that day one @%$#) and then for "scumreading" Jamie over what was, even to me, quite obviously a joke.

##Vote Squigs because he's scumreading me once again for my playstyle, quite possibly because he knows that it doesn't look great and is hoping for an easy lynch.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#453 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:40 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 am
Someone please tell me why I hate Squigs so much. Or more accurately, why he hates me so much. In M50 he scumread me completely incorrectly for the entire game, and pushed strongly for me. Now he's doing it again. Why is that Squigs? You jump on me for being forced (having fun with ye olde Anglish), being inconclusive (because I'm supposed to somehow draw conclusions from all that day one @%$#) and then for "scumreading" Jamie over what was, even to me, quite obviously a joke.

##Vote Squigs because he's scumreading me once again for my playstyle, quite possibly because he knows that it doesn't look great and is hoping for an easy lynch.
If it was quite clearly a joke why did you ask repeatedly if it was a joke in the most awkward way possible? Almost all of your reads have been copied off of others - that's not a playstyle thing - you've been awkward on almost all of your posts, and any original thought you have had is just bad reasoning. You admit that you look bad and yet you fault me for questioning you and trying to solve your slot? Can you comment on any other portions of my play not involving my vote on you?

e.m.c^42

#454 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:53 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:40 am
BobMcBob wrote:

If it was quite clearly a joke why did you ask repeatedly if it was a joke in the most awkward way possible? Almost all of your reads have been copied off of others - that's not a playstyle thing - you've been awkward on almost all of your posts, and any original thought you have had is just bad reasoning. You admit that you look bad and yet you fault me for questioning you and trying to solve your slot? Can you comment on any other portions of my play not involving my vote on you?
"Is this sarcasm?"

e.m.c^42

#455 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:54 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:39 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:36 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 am

Good. Do you agree it's mostly crap?
Nearly all of it, yes. Apart from your posts, they've been wonderful, buddy. Almost poetry.

And, of course, there is some worth to my own insights. Since you are the only other insightful person here, as far as I can see, do you agree with me that Xorxes is scum, Bozo is not, and Neph probably is?
Whoa, and people accuse me of pocketing? Is this a joke? I hope this is a joke.
Fwiw that is what I took this as.

BobMcBob

#456 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am

Squigs44 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

To be honest, no. But I think pushing someone for being a noob is never a good sign. Most of M50 you were trying to lynch me for being apologetic, despite my constant apologising for the fact that I just don't normally have strong opinions. And the reason my reads seem copied is because other people often have convincing reasons for reading someone that I agree with. Is there a problem with agreeing with someone? Would you prefer that I make up bull#%$@ reads so that you can push me for lynch because my reads are bad instead? I don't have enough insight into this game to have many original reads, nor for the ones I do to be good.

List of unoriginal or just plain bad reads coming once I've had dinner and stuff.

Nephthys

#457 Post by Nephthys » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:33 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am
Squigs44 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

To be honest, no. But I think pushing someone for being a noob is never a good sign. Most of M50 you were trying to lynch me for being apologetic, despite my constant apologising for the fact that I just don't normally have strong opinions. And the reason my reads seem copied is because other people often have convincing reasons for reading someone that I agree with. Is there a problem with agreeing with someone? Would you prefer that I make up bull#%$@ reads so that you can push me for lynch because my reads are bad instead? I don't have enough insight into this game to have many original reads, nor for the ones I do to be good.

List of unoriginal or just plain bad reads coming once I've had dinner and stuff.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm gonna guess that he pushed you for constantly stating/reminding everyone that you were new. Its a tactic that has been used by scum in the past. It's fine to be unsure about your reads and have clunky cases.

You can't tell me though that after reading 13 pages you have no thoughts. Surely some people seem awkward, seem uncomfortable. Surely you have something?

BunnyGo

#458 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:33 am

BobMcBob wrote:

Why’d you drop the affectation to defend yourself. That’s the scumiest thing I’ve seen yet.

Vecna

#459 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:59 am

BobMcBob wrote:

oh boy......people that defend themselves with "YOU WERE WRONG LAST TIME" are so often scum. this post is so bad

Vecna

#460 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:00 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am
Squigs44 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

still town though?