M1009 [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: M1009 [HIDDEN]

#681 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:35 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm
You need to separate in your mind the difference between hedgy/low conviction and the impact of the vote. Obviously I switched off to make sure I didn’t get lynched. Don’t turn into worcej and scumread someone for voting in self preservation
To be clear, I said your vote looked like shit, not that you were scum. Again, why are you so defensive and putting words in my mouth? Maybe you don’t know me well enough, but I call scum by scum and don’t mince words when I do.
When you say someone’s vote looks like shit there is a heavy implication that you mean it looks like scum. I’m not sure what else you could possibly mean by saying that.
worcej, what exactly did you want us to think or understand by saying Tom's vote was shit, if not that you scumlean Tom for it? Do you think Tom is badtown?

worcej

#682 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm
You need to separate in your mind the difference between hedgy/low conviction and the impact of the vote. Obviously I switched off to make sure I didn’t get lynched. Don’t turn into worcej and scumread someone for voting in self preservation
To be clear, I said your vote looked like shit, not that you were scum. Again, why are you so defensive and putting words in my mouth? Maybe you don’t know me well enough, but I call scum by scum and don’t mince words when I do.
When you say someone’s vote looks like shit there is a heavy implication that you mean it looks like scum. I’m not sure what else you could possibly mean by saying that.
That your vote looks bad. That's what I meant. I don't have a case on you other than one meh vote and your defensiveness which is off-character for you.

worcej

#683 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:01 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
worcej wrote:
worcej, what exactly did you want us to think or understand by saying Tom's vote was shit, if not that you scumlean Tom for it? Do you think Tom is badtown?
Like most of my posts, I want to see what people say based on them. I floated an opinion out and I've gotten responses back to process who I believe are scum.

worcej

#684 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:02 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:28 pm
An interesting NK choice.

##vote worcej

Be back later
Hmm...

Are you bussing him? Do you want me to doubt myself? What is your case against worcej?

I have two specific things against him, you can probably figure out what they are but I'll tell you later, but I'm interested to know what it is that makes you vote for him.
I look forward to hearing your two things that are blatantly false and possibly made up.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#685 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:15 pm

I highly disagree that Tom's vote looks bad. It seems a fairly logical thing for him to do.

And Jamiet, for your pleasure only I shall reword.

Xorxes' behavior is inconsistent with that of his previous town games. Specifically, I find interesting the analysis of his reaction to the EOD town flip compared to his previous games. He usually spins it in a positive way for town and uses it as a springboard to hunt further. This time was different.

Jamiet99uk

#686 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:15 pm
I highly disagree that Tom's vote looks bad. It seems a fairly logical thing for him to do.

Xorxes' behavior is inconsistent with that of his previous town games. Specifically, I find interesting the analysis of his reaction to the EOD town flip compared to his previous games. He usually spins it in a positive way for town and uses it as a springboard to hunt further. This time was different.
I'm sorry?

Excuse me?

I don't recall asking you a question? Why are you responding as if I did? Are you tey8ng to lay something down, new player X? Oh, Finger of Gold, why do you finger me in your remarks?

I seek the truth. You wanna help me clean up this promotion, you're gonna have to start being straight, not answerin' questions I ain't even asked ya.

Yeah?

Jamiet99uk

#687 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm

*trying

Jamiet99uk

#688 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Ohhh wait. Snap. I see it. You're responding to my dislike of "a bit off".

Well okay then.

Here's some advice for ya, bub. Why not try making yourself clear in the first place, yeah?

YEAH.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#689 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:40 pm
Ohhh wait. Snap. I see it. You're responding to my dislike of "a bit off".

Well okay then.

Here's some advice for ya, bub. Why not try making yourself clear in the first place, yeah?

YEAH.
I'm at work and don't have time to insert quotes in the middle of a reply. Figured I was being clear enough by addressing you and asking you to remember what you had said mere hours ago :p

foodcoats

#690 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Why has Jamie adopted this persona? It is contributing nothing. I guess it is "doing reaction tests?" I dislike how both worcej and Jamie are trying to "push" others rather than solve. It can be defended as "seeing how people react" but just pushing people with furor doesn't give us any actionable intelligence. How would one even "react," at the current juncture, in a way that points to scumminess or towniness?

I think it's more likely that this sort of behaviour is in and of itself scummy, because it doesn't need to make any conclusions, it just spits venom and says "Aha! I told you!"

xorxes

#691 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:16 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:

On phone now, so will respond to this later, but I find it very interesting.

@gold, what are your thoghts on worcej?

Jamiet99uk

#692 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:23 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Why has Jamie adopted this persona? It is contributing nothing. I guess it is "doing reaction tests?" I dislike how both worcej and Jamie are trying to "push" others rather than solve. It can be defended as "seeing how people react" but just pushing people with furor doesn't give us any actionable intelligence. How would one even "react," at the current juncture, in a way that points to scumminess or towniness?

I think it's more likely that this sort of behaviour is in and of itself scummy, because it doesn't need to make any conclusions, it just spits venom and says "Aha! I told you!"
This is besmirchful. It besmirches me. And, I'm besmirched by it.

Now you listen here, little man. Under your frankly bizarre coating of foodstuffs, I have faith there's a brain. So I hope you can engage it, and realise how wrong you are about me.

Not solving? You hurt me. I'm trying my damnedest. Look at my interrogation of Tom the Bomb. Didn't I make points? Didn't I analyse his posts and actions? Yeah? Either you can see that I did, or you can't see squat, brother.

Was I wrong about Damo? Fifty percent I was, sure. Did I get in his face? Sure I did. Does that mean I ain't trying to win? To SOLVE? No sir. No, SIR.

I'm in this to win this, because the best need the belts.

YEAH.

worcej

#693 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:36 pm

foodcoats wrote:

To be honest, I push because when I try to solve I am usually ignored anyways. I have rarely had anyone ever actually seem to listen to what I have to say, mostly I get 'Okay, I hear you, but [insert their own case]'

worcej

#694 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Also, there are few people around here that have a tendency to try to take charge. The currently group of people who seems to lead is rather short.

There are too many sheep for the amount of herders we have to protect from the wolves.

worcej

#695 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:

I'll also throw out this nugget - I find the argument of self-preservation to be poor when you are putting your vote onto someone that you have stated you think is town, or you don't like their wagon, in a vanilla game.

xorxes

#696 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:

I'll also throw out this nugget - I find the argument of self-preservation to be poor when you are putting your vote onto someone that you have stated you think is town, or you don't like their wagon, in a vanilla game.
Is Tom scum, or misguided town, in your opinion?

xorxes

#697 Post by xorxes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:36 pm
foodcoats wrote:

To be honest, I push because when I try to solve I am usually ignored anyways. I have rarely had anyone ever actually seem to listen to what I have to say, mostly I get 'Okay, I hear you, but [insert their own case]'
Not sure if woe me is a scumtell, a towntell or NAI for worcej.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#698 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:03 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:16 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:

On phone now, so will respond to this later, but I find it very interesting.

@gold, what are your thoghts on worcej?
I think that it's a misguided push. I hear worcej's arguments for someone taking the lead, but I think this is the wrong item to push. Because to be honest I probably would have done the same thing as Tom in his shoes. Again, I'm going to be hesitant on making any declaratory judgements until this evening when I can do a full read. But if there's anything that last game taught me is that if someone is getting shit for doing a common sense thing and getting piled on....most likely both the accuser and accused are town. Because y'all don't know how to read. I'm remembering that Superstition push during D2 that was town-led.

worcej

#699 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:08 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:49 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:

Is Tom scum, or misguided town, in your opinion?
As of now, I think bad town play in the last part of D1. N1 was pretty defensive as well, which seems silly considering the lack of real pressure on him anyways.

To give some recap on how I think he actually did contribute so far:
  1. Tom did state his own opinions on emc and Jamie. Also engaged with others, specifically you xorxes, for your opinions on these two.
  2. He engaged with other cases (mine on damo, xorxes on himself with rdr) while offering his opinion on some cases too.
  3. He stated who he thought was town (Kaka and eventually Neph)
All in all, I have found it interesting that Tom has been labeled as not contributing by you (xorxes) on D1 when he has done more than several people, including the two that are currently dead...

Also a note: There has been a lot of focus and discussion on my opinion of Tom's move, but lest we forget I also said I think bozo looked like shit too. I find it interesting that this has been almost missed/swept away so far.

foodcoats

#700 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:23 pm
foodcoats wrote:

This is besmirchful. It besmirches me. And, I'm besmirched by it.

Now you listen here, little man. Under your frankly bizarre coating of foodstuffs, I have faith there's a brain. So I hope you can engage it, and realise how wrong you are about me.

Not solving? You hurt me. I'm trying my damnedest. Look at my interrogation of Tom the Bomb. Didn't I make points? Didn't I analyse his posts and actions? Yeah? Either you can see that I did, or you can't see squat, brother.

Was I wrong about Damo? Fifty percent I was, sure. Did I get in his face? Sure I did. Does that mean I ain't trying to win? To SOLVE? No sir. No, SIR.

I'm in this to win this, because the best need the belts.

YEAH.
Well, this is certainly charming. And smacks of an emotion difficult to forge as scum. Okay. I am beswayed. I will have to re-read your iso, though, because I don't really know what it was you were saying before.