MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#3561 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 am

maybe they missed a night or something shit happens

xorxes

#3562 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 am
A smart RP may even purposefully skip a night to grab people later on if they aren’t being pursued or under threat. Hell, it makes sense given we had three lunches essentially planned out.
That could happen, if the RP is one of the VT claimants. But if that is the case, there's not a lot we can do about it now. Damo should probably keep reading VTs now that he is not roleblocked in order to find the one scum in there that is not the Agent. There's only four choices now: Fox/Tem/emc/Chaqa. One of them has to be non-Agent non-Town.
And for any townies among those four people, there's only three choices.

@Chaqa, if you believe Fox is the Agent (I believe it's Tem), then for you either Tem or emc is the last unknown original scum. What do you think of those two? You started townreading emc heavily, how has that evolved? What about Tem?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3563 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:38 am

dunno. It’s a bit presumptuous without full knowledge

BunnyGo

#3564 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 am
@Bunny, maybe you know this. Your role says:

"Any effects targeting the commuted player including lynching and nightkills will be ineffective. No announcement will be made to explain this (although the player will be informed of the effect)."

Does that mean that if you commute someone, and that person is targeted by a killing action, they would be told that they were saved? Or what does "the effect" mean?

I don't know if this has been asked before.

#CALL GM: If someone is commuted, and they are attacked by Mafia or Reaver while they are being commuted, are they informed that they were attacked?
I asked in PM and was told they’d know they were commuted but not if they were attacked or visited. The attacker would not know why they failed. ##CALL GM did I remember this correctly? Also, Xorxes, if we’re going to hunt reavers by EOD I think we need some coordinated efforts:

1) hypotheses that are specific to an assumed RP.
2) an attempt to retrigger an alert, but this requires more buyin than I’ve had. Can we get people to commit? I don’t think we need to repost all of pages 27-32 in order exactly, but if we can organize that it’s be nice.
1) Strongest hypothesis is still goldie. Everything that has happened still fits with the obvious explanation.
2) Make a list of the people that would need to repost. Only a few people could be Reaver Prime, and goldie is still the way most likely.
Goldie already reposted (though if it matters about the context of surrounding posts I think we're going to have a hard time retriggering--would also not be very fair to reavers as crossposting is hard to avoid, and not fair to GMs as the search function is really only a post/post basis).

So, of the people who could be RP and trigger the day 1 warning (assuming posts between Kitsune's posts were the issue:

Goldfinger already posted everything (thanks again for being the one person to help me hunt...although that suggests you're a reaver and covering for yourself)

Rdrivera is dead (RIP)

Dargorygel is the watcher (stay away from my wife Badger!)

Xorxes is captain (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger)

Tom is my wife (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger)

Chaqa still needs to post non-conjoined reposts

ND has since scanned as VT (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger--actually, unless our scanner has turned and was lying. Maybe ND should repost.)

Teacon is twin (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger)

Worcej still needs to post

Temasek still needs to post

EMC needs to post

I am Wash (the pilot!) (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger)

Bozo is dead (RIP)

Kalel is dead (RIP)

So....it's a lot. I don't know if quoting matters, order matters, etc. etc. BUT if we can get people doing it, that'd be cool.

BunnyGo

#3565 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

I asked in PM and was told they’d know they were commuted but not if they were attacked or visited. The attacker would not know why they failed. ##CALL GM did I remember this correctly? Also, Xorxes, if we’re going to hunt reavers by EOD I think we need some coordinated efforts:

1) hypotheses that are specific to an assumed RP.
2) an attempt to retrigger an alert, but this requires more buyin than I’ve had. Can we get people to commit? I don’t think we need to repost all of pages 27-32 in order exactly, but if we can organize that it’s be nice.
1) Strongest hypothesis is still goldie. Everything that has happened still fits with the obvious explanation.
2) Make a list of the people that would need to repost. Only a few people could be Reaver Prime, and goldie is still the way most likely.
Goldie already reposted (though if it matters about the context of surrounding posts I think we're going to have a hard time retriggering--would also not be very fair to reavers as crossposting is hard to avoid, and not fair to GMs as the search function is really only a post/post basis).

So, of the people who could be RP and trigger the day 1 warning (assuming posts between Kitsune's posts were the issue:

Goldfinger already posted everything (thanks again for being the one person to help me hunt...although that suggests you're a reaver and covering for yourself)

Rdrivera is dead (RIP)

ND has since scanned as VT (so not reaver at time...couldn't be the trigger--actually, unless our scanner has turned and was lying. Maybe ND should repost.)

EMC needs to post

Bozo is dead (RIP)

Kalel is dead (RIP)

So....it's a lot. I don't know if quoting matters, order matters, etc. etc. BUT if we can get people doing it, that'd be cool.
Anyways...I gotta go sleep. See y'all tomorrow.

BunnyGo

#3566 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:45 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am
xorxes wrote:

Rdrivera is dead (RIP)

EMC needs to post

Bozo is dead (RIP)

Kalel is dead (RIP)

Anyways...I gotta go sleep. See y'all tomorrow.
hopefully with lots of strange dated posts in thread!

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3567 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:24 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:05 am
See guys, how could you kill me? Look at all this valuable Intel I'm giving town. If town wins, you should give me a medal.
What intel?
Do you realize that all this discussion is happening because I claimed doc, forced us into a situation where we could mechanically clear people (Jamiet, xorxes), and then got scum to shoot who I wanted last night? I mean, props to rest of town for not lynching worcej right away, but they might have given away their agent with the NK choice. Give me my medal.

And, unlike worcej, I have not revealed my other bounties so scum can't manipulate it. I'm the perfect friend of the town.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3568 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:12 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:14 am
Chaqa, stop this, you're acting like you're making sense.

Ooooh, oooh I know. Can we kill one of worcej's other bounty claims? That would work well for hunting the agent and RP too. We're down to a what 2/5 chance of hitting scum there?
Don't we have to worry the Alliance will decide they can't win and (legally) throw as revenge?
We don't because worcej's bounties aren't real.

BunnyGo

#3569 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:13 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:11 am
BunnyGo wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:14 am
Chaqa, stop this, you're acting like you're making sense.

Ooooh, oooh I know. Can we kill one of worcej's other bounty claims? That would work well for hunting the agent and RP too. We're down to a what 2/5 chance of hitting scum there?
Don't we have to worry the Alliance will decide they can't win and (legally) throw as revenge?
And you won't reveal yours later?

Kitsune

#3570 Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:13 am

BunnyGo wrote:
I asked in PM and was told they’d know they were commuted but not if they were attacked or visited. The attacker would not know why they failed. ##CALL GM did I remember this correctly?
Correct.

BunnyGo

#3571 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:14 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:13 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:11 am
BunnyGo wrote:

And you won't reveal yours later?
##VOTE GOLD the reaver

BunnyGo

#3572 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:15 am

OK...really going to sleep now.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3573 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:24 am

Bunny :(

Of course I won't post mine later. It doesn't help my wincon to do that. It doesn't help yours either.

Think about it. If I post them - town has to lynch me. If I don't post them, scum has to NK me. So why do their work for them? I've only got one bounty collected, so you don't even really have to worry yet. The chances scum kill both my other ones in one night is astonishingly low. Just use me as an extra town vote in the meantime.

Also, I'd like to note that we've had a level 1 warning twice now. Meaning there are two reavers. I would assume a second violation would mean a level 2 warning.

Also, if everyone reposts what they did in that time period (I think there are 3 potential candidates left?) we will know for certain whether its a content issue (saying something you shouldn't). The other hypotheses are *NOT* saying something you should (omissions....much, much harder to figure out) or posting frequency (much, much easier to figure out). So once the necessary people repost, let's start looking at timing. Were there any people that the warning marked 24 hours since their last post?

ND

#3574 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:21 am

Every fucking scum is going to claim bullshit bounty hunter jesus christ give it up dude

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3575 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:21 am
Every fucking scum is going to claim bullshit bounty hunter jesus christ give it up dude
ND, did you roleblock someone last night?

ND

#3576 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 am

u love fishing me don't you Chaqabear

ND

#3577 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 am

I got Goldfinger last night. I missed the night before. I had a bunch of shit going on with work. It sucks. I fucked up.

There I said it. I am backup companion. I'm dead anyway. I already hinted at it above and straight up said it several days ago. I don't think they will not target me again, better you all have the info now.

Sorry for my mistake. Hope this helps somewhat.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3578 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:38 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 am
u love fishing me don't you Chaqabear
It’s more for information at this point. And to confirm what we thought we knew.

They can’t roleblock you any longer, and our protective roles should have you covered.

ND

#3579 Post by ND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:44 am

Well u got your info

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3580 Post by peterlund » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:00 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 am
I got Goldfinger last night. I missed the night before.
What do you mean by this "got Gold"?
I do not find anything searching you mentioning his name.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... rt=1-&g=52