MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
CmdrLikely

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#4121 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:48 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm
I told cmdr several times he needs to make a case on bozo and purple and he hasn’t done that at all if he was an actual town he would have
Isn't this called the "No True Scotsman" fallacy? Actually I don't know when you told me this?

FlaviusAetius

#4122 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:01 am
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:24 pm
I'll bring it up again because we already forgot.

Myself, Bozo, and Purple have all claimed Male VT. There are only two male VT roles left.

Why wouldn't we focus our efforts trying to lynch in this pool?
If Cmdr is scum he’s the goon probably, the mafia found this out and now their putting out cmdr to stall the day once more to try to get one Male VT down with him, and also distract from the scum hiding in the female VT’s
Cause he’s the one who started this whole discussion of trying to lunch one of the three remaining male VT’s
cmdr, you wanted us to lynch one of bozo purple and yourself, why are you after vecna now?

FlaviusAetius

#4123 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:31 pm
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:32 pm
I think we can lay off purple for a bit until we find his teammates
I thought you said Purple is obviously town and didn't need to be even discussed?
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Correct, he doesn't need to be talked about anymore, move on
Explain yourself!
So first
you voted for yavu day 1 and didnt move it, doubt you'd do that to a teammate
therefore you and yavu cant be teammates
unlike yourself, im not a closed minded individual and so if i see new evidence i might change my mind, seeing teammates might be helpful, until then do you really think ol' purple is the best string to pull? not on my watch
##vote yavu
hmm, i forgot about this, @cmdr do you think yavu is scum?

FlaviusAetius

#4124 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:58 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm
If you want to exonerate yourself your gonna have to do more than just that, you are also going to have to implicate someone else
and from what I see, nothing
right here cmdr;
you either have to prove yavu is scum, or prove bozo or purple are scum
hmm
##vote bozo

FlaviusAetius

#4125 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:01 pm

demon is probably going to get subbed

CmdrLikely

#4126 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:26 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:58 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
If you want to exonerate yourself your gonna have to do more than just that, you are also going to have to implicate someone else
right here cmdr;
hmm
##vote bozo
Ahh ok thanks. I mean, exonerate myself vs implicate someone else are not entirely mutually exclusive... but actually you are correct. Due to the one extra male VT claim between 3 players (Me, Bozo, Purple), whoever is implicated will be lynched and the other two will be clear. OK I see your point.

Yeah Demon c'mon, please come back!

CmdrLikely

#4127 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:32 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 pm

I thought you said Purple is obviously town and didn't need to be even discussed?

Explain yourself!
So first
unlike yourself, im not a closed minded individual and so if i see new evidence i might change my mind, seeing teammates might be helpful, until then do you really think ol' purple is the best string to pull? not on my watch
##vote yavu
No I don't think Yavu is scum. When I voted for him/Computer_Genius D1, I didn't really understand that normally afk players get modkilled or subbed. My thought process was that we needed to kill, and would either way benefit from seeing the flip, so I was thinking he was just the least useful town, or hopefully not-town, and I liked those odds. I had absolutely no scumreads at the time, so it was the best I could come up with, tbh. But yeah, knowing now that he was just going to be subbed, I wouldn't try that strategy next time. For future reference anything I could have ascertained from another player would be better than the nothing we got from Computer.

CmdrLikely

#4128 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 pm

FlaviusAetius, evidently you know you are currently voting on Bozo. I'm down with your thought process, but at the moment I think me vs Vecna is the scenario whose resolution is going to give us the best fighting chance. I don't actually know what Bozo is, but I feel more confident that he's bad versus my confidence in Purple being good. For the rest of you, it's a 1/3 chance. Vecna vs Cmdr is a 1/2 chance.

I want to avoid the scenario that we kill a town today in the 1/3 pool (purple, bozo, cmdr) and then we still have to scum hunt tomorrow. If for example we lynch Vecna or I, then it's more clear who are the liars the last couple days. If I'm confirmed town, we still don't know for sure who is the mafia between bozo and purple, but at least that's a 50-50 and most players seemed to have a medium to strong opinion on that already.

Oh I just thought of something:
Which is more likely?
Cmdr is Maf, therefore Vecna, Purple and Bozo are all town.
- or -
Cmdr is town, therefore Vecna is mafia and either Bozo or Purple are also mafia.

Actually I'm not sure if that helps or not. At this point, the odds shouldn't be at the forefront of our decision making. We should have better information, to avoid taking unnecessary chances.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4130 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:14 pm

##Vote Flav

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4131 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Bottom text

CmdrLikely

#4132 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I don't know the math, but I'm guessing Mafia decided to make all-in play this round because it's win-or-lose time. Demon is also fucked but for a different reason I guess.

Friends, please choose carefully, this might be the last important decision of the game.

CmdrLikely

#4133 Post by CmdrLikely » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:16 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:14 pm
##Vote Flav
Yay Demon is back!

FlaviusAetius

#4134 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:26 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:58 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
right here cmdr;
hmm
##vote bozo
Ahh ok thanks. I mean, exonerate myself vs implicate someone else are not entirely mutually exclusive... but actually you are correct. Due to the one extra male VT claim between 3 players (Me, Bozo, Purple), whoever is implicated will be lynched and the other two will be clear. OK I see your point.

Yeah Demon c'mon, please come back!
...you actually made this point first

FlaviusAetius

#4135 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:20 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 pm
FlaviusAetius, evidently you know you are currently voting on Bozo. I'm down with your thought process, but at the moment I think me vs Vecna is the scenario whose resolution is going to give us the best fighting chance. I don't actually know what Bozo is, but I feel more confident that he's bad versus my confidence in Purple being good. For the rest of you, it's a 1/3 chance. Vecna vs Cmdr is a 1/2 chance.

I want to avoid the scenario that we kill a town today in the 1/3 pool (purple, bozo, cmdr) and then we still have to scum hunt tomorrow. If for example we lynch Vecna or I, then it's more clear who are the liars the last couple days. If I'm confirmed town, we still don't know for sure who is the mafia between bozo and purple, but at least that's a 50-50 and most players seemed to have a medium to strong opinion on that already.

Oh I just thought of something:
Which is more likely?
Cmdr is Maf, therefore Vecna, Purple and Bozo are all town.
- or -
Cmdr is town, therefore Vecna is mafia and either Bozo or Purple are also mafia.

Actually I'm not sure if that helps or not. At this point, the odds shouldn't be at the forefront of our decision making. We should have better information, to avoid taking unnecessary chances.
You are the one who first made the argument we should lynch in the pool of three
I think my case was already made cleaar but to have it in one spot;
I think yavu is scum(for lots of different reasons)
I think if yavu is scum, you cant be scum
I want to lynch in this pool of three,
I dont think purple is scum
that leaves bozo

ND

#4136 Post by ND » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Whata your reason on flav @demon

FlaviusAetius

#4137 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:32 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:

So first
##vote yavu
No I don't think Yavu is scum. When I voted for him/Computer_Genius D1, I didn't really understand that normally afk players get modkilled or subbed. My thought process was that we needed to kill, and would either way benefit from seeing the flip, so I was thinking he was just the least useful town, or hopefully not-town, and I liked those odds. I had absolutely no scumreads at the time, so it was the best I could come up with, tbh. But yeah, knowing now that he was just going to be subbed, I wouldn't try that strategy next time. For future reference anything I could have ascertained from another player would be better than the nothing we got from Computer.
Again, as I said before, if you arent scum, then yavu is scum. If you are scum, then yavu isnt scum.
So in effect you saying yavu is not scum, is like saying YOU are scum
Meaning you pretty just admitted to it

FlaviusAetius

#4138 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 pm

why is no one ever on

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4139 Post by KalelChase » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
##Vote Flav
Demon,

I admit he's aggressive, and I don't understand his techniques, but can you justfiy this vote out of the scum pool?

FlaviusAetius

#4140 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
##Vote Flav
Demon,

I admit he's aggressive, and I don't understand his techniques, but can you justfiy this vote out of the scum pool?
What dont you understand, let me explain it for you