MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#521 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:04 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Something to note for the future
IF we find out that chaqa is not Jekklish... but being clever chaqa... there are some interesting connections between chaqa and ND that might prove to be scum communicating pre-QT.
Wouldn't the real doctor counter claim... or at least vote for Chaqa?
I would hope they aren't so foolish as to out themselves that easily.

BunnyGo

#522 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am

Vapor, can you give us a little more about what it is you disliked?
Is it the poetry, or all the ... "oh, it's just a joke phase" statements?
many things, how he chose a female role for a comedic claim, how he hedges on whether Hyde should be lynched or not
and he just fluffs and fluffs

it's a bit depressing so my vote stays

I'm not updated with his posts, so

who's your main fishy fellow, Kalel?
Saved this one for last. I'm pretty optimistic in my assessments (to a fault) so there are more town points than scum points getting assigned. Players in my sheet might actually have positive (town) points, but be in the bottom of the stack rank anyway. My current top (bottom points) scum would be...

RDR (Mostly for pocketing Xorx. Seems to be manipulating rather than making cases. + points for pointing a finger at Damo who...)
Damo (Unjustified Flavus, then retributive to RDR, & trying to influence newbies on ND (which could be justified).

Lots of players tied for 0 after that including Bob who lost points for unjustified claim and flip-flopping early. He's gone after Vapor and Xorx in a justified way, so play has gotten better since start, but that really depends on if he's right about them, which we don't know yet.

##VOTE BOB
Why not vote your conscience? Vote RDR man. Live the Spreadsheet. Love the Spreadsheet. Be the Spreadsheet.

BunnyGo

#523 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:31 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

“I don't like bunny's lurk persona. People get busy, I know... But he didn't give an explanation.” Darg, 15
Open question; Who is bunny? Secondly, @Darg: At the time of writing this why focus on Bunny and no one else who has a low post count?
ME! I'm BUNNY!

https://giphy.com/gifs/looneytunes-conf ... LPfmpd1U6X

I'm your biggest fan!

And I totally agree about the focus they had on me for lurking as opposed to everyone else.

BunnyGo

#524 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:34 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:08 pm
Bozo... Why are you so very very very very interested in the 3p folk ? I understand it to some degree, but do an iso of yourself. You are a pretty heavy poster, and unless I missed something, you have referred to 3p in every post but three.

Maybe this doesn't matter, maybe town bozo would be just as focussed on 3p as scumbozo... But I think 3p are more a danger to scum than town. And you seem so very obsessed.
Agreed, except I've found in the past that as much as bozo focuses on mechanics, he's usually wrong with the analysis of the mechanics. So this is NAI IMHO.
That is a vague statement and therefore impossible to defend. Can you give me specific examples of where you felt I was wrong? I assume you are referring to M50.
It sure is. I think the focus on Mass claim dynamic there was incorrect (it did work in D3, but I think that early was incorrect). IIRC (which we know I probably don't) there was more focus in M49, and I think I led a lynch on you then because of it. Well...that game didn't go well.

All this is to say, I don't think your focus on mechanics is AI, whether or not I agree with your analysis. It's just what you do, and it's contributing in its own way. Just they way some people think my random blathering is contributing. I strongly disagree with them, but...give the people what they want, eh?

BunnyGo

#525 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
[not in character, in case anyone was wondering]

Just got off a very long bus ride through multiple states (USA, for reference, think about driving all the way through Greece into Bulgaria :( ) and immediately got hit by a good 350 posts of information all on this mafia game. This is my first game so I'm still developing a strategy. I can't give a good scumread right off the bat so...

##VOTE FROSTWIND

My logic on this is:
  1. First, I haven't gotten enough information right now to make a judgement call, but I'm a staunch believer in using the town's greatest ability: to execute people.
  2. Second, this vote forces me to make a second post once I'm done with my analysis. That way I can stay away from violating any rules
  3. Third, there are no suicidal roles [at least as far as I remember] in this game, so I can show my openness to town questioning me.
Finally, a question to the moderators: is it acceptable to scrape data from either the WebDip forums or mafia.peterlund.se? It would greatly aid in a quick automated check of each player's messages.
##VOTE frostwind

I do not like self votes in general, and this vote in particular seems like it is meant to avoid offend any town with a vote.
Here's a cookie :cookie: You get major townpoints from me for this vote.

BunnyGo

#526 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Just throwing this out there, digest as you will. The current wagon on Computer is:

Cmdr, Xorxes, Bionic, Frost

I'm not happy with this at all, but I think there's a lot of intel to be gleaned if/when Computer flips.

Likewise on Bob it's:

Vapor, Dargo, Me, Hosuke, and Kalel

I townlean the members of this wagon much more, but again think there's a lot to learn by Bob's flip.

@ND I'm looking forward to your summary post, instead of reaction shots. Where you feeling right now? Thoughts on mechanics? Thoughts on players on specific interactions?

Jamiet99uk

#527 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:11 pm

GM Note:

Computer_Genius
E.m.c^42
FlaviusAetius
Kitsune
ND

Just remember that you must vote by the end of the phase; it's compulsory.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#528 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:08 am
I am missing something here. Why a no-lynch is better on this setup? Sure there could be Mafia deaths at night, but we still need to get info from lynches (and hopefully catch scum) so we can get Mafia (or 3P) later. Or we just sit and wait for Mafia, Jack and Hyde to kill themselves? We won't even know who killed who.
Mostly because scum are legitimately scum hunting too so they're hard to distinguish. Just because I didn't vote for that scum doesn't mean I'm scummy, I just didn't scum read them. And just because I led the wagon on a different scum didn't mean we agreed in scum chat to try, it meant I legitimately found someone from the other team. So there's much less intel from wagons.

That said, sitting home and hoping the different teams off each other seems like town already lost their best asset for that line of play (stupid Chaq outing our side's killer)
Hyde is NOT on our side. And mafia/Jack ARE likely to kill mafia. Bunny is being deliberately obtuse

Vaporwave

#529 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Can offer 2 solid leans: Flav and xorxes as town

that's my take for this day

BunnyGo

#530 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I am missing something here. Why a no-lynch is better on this setup? Sure there could be Mafia deaths at night, but we still need to get info from lynches (and hopefully catch scum) so we can get Mafia (or 3P) later. Or we just sit and wait for Mafia, Jack and Hyde to kill themselves? We won't even know who killed who.
Mostly because scum are legitimately scum hunting too so they're hard to distinguish. Just because I didn't vote for that scum doesn't mean I'm scummy, I just didn't scum read them. And just because I led the wagon on a different scum didn't mean we agreed in scum chat to try, it meant I legitimately found someone from the other team. So there's much less intel from wagons.

That said, sitting home and hoping the different teams off each other seems like town already lost their best asset for that line of play (stupid Chaq outing our side's killer)
Hyde is NOT on our side. And mafia/Jack ARE likely to kill mafia. Bunny is being deliberately obtuse
It's not deliberate. I am this obtuse.

BunnyGo

#531 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm
Can offer 2 solid leans: Flav and xorxes as town

that's my take for this day
Can you elaborate?

BunnyGo

#532 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Hyde is not our side, but your heal and immunity to him is useful.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#533 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Probably won't be on today.
ItsHosuke came on with adequate attention, so I'll remove my vote.
We do need to lynch someone today, a no-lynch is, as usual, less than stellar.
No, statistically we won't hit scum today.
But the value is not jUST hitting scum. But towards end of game every vote or not vote is valuable data. Missing out this time because we might hit an inno is short term thinking.
We have four groups looking to kill someone. Once who those four groups actually are becomes known, we can draw connections that just might help, yes?
Also... in a strange way, maybe every lynch reduces Jack's chances. We might get lucky and lynch a woman.

This D1 is even more difficult than most D1s. Too many hunters. And too many hiders.
I don't have any clear scumreads. Most of my gut scum reads at this point are from lack of posting. Which probably isn't really NAI. (although every scum team seems to have a lurker... so does every town team.)

So this morning I am voting for a gut reaction. Honestly, that's what most of you are doing, too. Y'all just articulate your gut reactions more articulately.

Bob seems nervous to me.

VOTE ##BOBMCBOB
Emphasis mine. I’ll comment more after my shower but I think Dargo is trying to LOOK like he’s scum hunting but is actually scum, reminds me of the game we were scum together how he makes flimsy/forced justifications for his actions.

BunnyGo

#534 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Probably won't be on today.
ItsHosuke came on with adequate attention, so I'll remove my vote.
We do need to lynch someone today, a no-lynch is, as usual, less than stellar.
No, statistically we won't hit scum today.
But the value is not jUST hitting scum. But towards end of game every vote or not vote is valuable data. Missing out this time because we might hit an inno is short term thinking.
We have four groups looking to kill someone. Once who those four groups actually are becomes known, we can draw connections that just might help, yes?
Also... in a strange way, maybe every lynch reduces Jack's chances. We might get lucky and lynch a woman.

This D1 is even more difficult than most D1s. Too many hunters. And too many hiders.
I don't have any clear scumreads. Most of my gut scum reads at this point are from lack of posting. Which probably isn't really NAI. (although every scum team seems to have a lurker... so does every town team.)

So this morning I am voting for a gut reaction. Honestly, that's what most of you are doing, too. Y'all just articulate your gut reactions more articulately.

Bob seems nervous to me.

VOTE ##BOBMCBOB
Emphasis mine. I’ll comment more after my shower but I think Dargo is trying to LOOK like he’s scum hunting but is actually scum, reminds me of the game we were scum together how he makes flimsy/forced justifications for his actions.
Maybe...but I kinda feel the same way. If I'm a member of Scum team 1, then I can honestly scum hunt in public without intel because I have no idea who scum team 2 is.

So, I dunno how this game should play. It's weird.

BunnyGo

#535 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Regarding Chaq's thoughts I went and ISOd Dargo. He spends a lot of time trying to interact with players and draw them out. Many posts about Chaq, me, and Its.

Then out of nowhere announces he wants to vote for Bob. Then I jump on board Bob too! Why did I do that?

##UNVOTE

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#536 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Ah I missed ND. I love the attacks on my intelligence - you know, he didn’t use to do those before I stopped agreeing with him on political matters. Glad to see you’re still a toxic and terrible person buddy <3

I think a no lynch is preferable to a bad lynch. Bob is a bad lynch. I’m thinking Dargo is almost certainly scum and Bunny seems off. No strong feel on the others on the Bob wagon yet.

Tem and xorxes seems town. Rivera seems town. Frost wind and EMC are town for now.

I will vote for no lynch, or Dargo, today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#537 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:42 pm

So ##Vote Dargo

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#538 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 am

many things, how he chose a female role for a comedic claim, how he hedges on whether Hyde should be lynched or not
and he just fluffs and fluffs

it's a bit depressing so my vote stays

I'm not updated with his posts, so

who's your main fishy fellow, Kalel?
Saved this one for last. I'm pretty optimistic in my assessments (to a fault) so there are more town points than scum points getting assigned. Players in my sheet might actually have positive (town) points, but be in the bottom of the stack rank anyway. My current top (bottom points) scum would be...

RDR (Mostly for pocketing Xorx. Seems to be manipulating rather than making cases. + points for pointing a finger at Damo who...)
Damo (Unjustified Flavus, then retributive to RDR, & trying to influence newbies on ND (which could be justified).

Lots of players tied for 0 after that including Bob who lost points for unjustified claim and flip-flopping early. He's gone after Vapor and Xorx in a justified way, so play has gotten better since start, but that really depends on if he's right about them, which we don't know yet.

##VOTE BOB
Why not vote your conscience? Vote RDR man. Live the Spreadsheet. Love the Spreadsheet. Be the Spreadsheet.
I guess you are back to evil Bunny :cry:

And maybe this spreadsheet is just bullshit and he decided to jump into the biggest wagon

FlaviusAetius

#539 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm
@Dargo - I'm not joking, but I am in my popular phase (this is a very obscure anime reference, I don't expect anyone to get)

I am the good Doctor half of the two-headed monster. Not a joke. Not a reaction test. I legitimately think this role is a liability to town long-term, and having it out in the open is a good thing. I've already put in myself for a protection tonight so that Mr. Hyde can take one shot, because while I think he (we) need to be removed ASAP, the information he'll give with his first shot is worth collecting, I hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkOn0-yt9E

There's a good/relevant song I was going to crumb before I decided to go full ham.
If you were planning on protecting yourself D1, I am not sure why you did not wait until D3 to claim.
I thought it was obvious. I want Hyde to get exactly one kill off before I get killed. This will remove a threat from town (Hyde) and allow me to use my ability twice, as well as keep town focused on other scum hunting endeavors while allowing me to lead the town a bit until we have other confirmed or semi-confirmed townies to join in leadership duties.
Ok Im convinced, but you will die on Day 3.

FlaviusAetius

#540 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:51 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:28 pm
can someone link me the voting website?
You looking for the bot?
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/front_page?g=51
Thanks!