Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2861 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 am

No. Why do you ask?

bozotheclown

#2862 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 am

@TOM:

I see you jumped on and off bo a few times today, I was wondering if you had a positive scan and were testing reactions.

thamrick

#2863 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 am

@MLQ - can you summarize why you don't believe the logic on why Bozo is likely innocent?

thamrick

#2864 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 am

Also, take into consideration that Bo was definitely online when Tom and BB claimed Cop N2. He posted 2 mins before night ended, and he included a line about Tom claiming Cop in his reads he posted.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2865 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:45 am

Well with 2 scum left, one of which is the godfather - the logic of brain being Nk’d with an innocent scan on bozo doesn’t clear bozo as much as I initially thought. If he is scum, and godfather, the brain kill makes a lot of sense as it would essentially send bozo straight to the endgame.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2866 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:46 am

But I’d like to hear MLQs answer as well

MeanLaQueefa

#2867 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 am

I don't know, I find it hard to clear bozo like that. I still think mafia was likely targeting brainbomb before his claim, and I don't think anybody actually bought it. Bo seemed like a smart player, I don't think he would have bought into Brain's claim. Tom's was more believable, brain's was openly ridiculed when he did it. Bozo was just a random guy brain selected for it. I think that he should be judged without that incident mattering for his case. That being said, I'm not particularly sure bozo is scum, just weary of him. I feel like there really isn't anything telling us either way about him with the brain kill. Brain wasn't cop, he was just throwing someone out there. Scum wouldn't care if it was one of them being innocent scanned or not, they probably would have killed him either way. If bozo was scum, it could have been more appealing to kill brain to make bozo look good, but I don't bet that's what happened. I just think they wanted brain dead and he was less likely to be protected than maniac or tom after his claim.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2868 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:59 am

thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 am
thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:14 am
*Big post about bo's reads and actions*
Soooo sounds like you're back to scumreading me now?
If your claim turns out to be false, then yes. I think you're scum. I feel like I have been very clear about this.

Side note: Are you upset that Bo beat you to the suicide vote?
I'll admit I'm sad someone took my signature finisher, yea. It was way too close to EoD in a decided wagon to be effective.

Now that one time I end-hammered myself and missed the lynch by 1 vote however... XD

Anyway. I've been shit the last few days, but I'm scumreading bozo highest now.

thamrick

#2869 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 am

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 am
I don't know, I find it hard to clear bozo like that. I still think mafia was likely targeting brainbomb before his claim, and I don't think anybody actually bought it. Bo seemed like a smart player, I don't think he would have bought into Brain's claim. Tom's was more believable, brain's was openly ridiculed when he did it. Bozo was just a random guy brain selected for it. I think that he should be judged without that incident mattering for his case. That being said, I'm not particularly sure bozo is scum, just weary of him. I feel like there really isn't anything telling us either way about him with the brain kill. Brain wasn't cop, he was just throwing someone out there. Scum wouldn't care if it was one of them being innocent scanned or not, they probably would have killed him either way. If bozo was scum, it could have been more appealing to kill brain to make bozo look good, but I don't bet that's what happened. I just think they wanted brain dead and he was less likely to be protected than maniac or tom after his claim.
What do you mean by Brain's was openly ridiculed?

Why are you tired of Bozo? :P (Sorry. Couldn't resist. I think you meant wary)

thamrick

#2870 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:59 am
Why not rdrivera?

thamrick

#2871 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 am

@MLQ - I just find it hard to reconcile your two ideas.

You've said a couple times that you think that it was (and still is) imperative for scum to find our Cop. You said that's why you initially doubted Tom's claim and why you were willing to lynch Yav (because you doubted his claim).

Now you're saying you think that mafia didn't kill Brain because they believed his claim but rather just were already targeting him. That they passed over Tom's claim which you said was more believable than Brain's.

So why would mafia kill Brain if it was imperative for them to find the Cop, but they didn't believe Brain's claim?

MeanLaQueefa

#2872 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 am

Brain was obviously town to most people, so he was on their list. Guys like maniac and even tom were too dangerous to go after because of the watcher and the nurse, so they went with the 3rd biggest target and the one who would give them the biggest pay off (he was a widely townread and active towny) and held the least risk of getting caught by the watcher or making brain a clear if he was targeted by the nurse.

Maniac openly ridiculed brain after his claim. As I recall, maniac claimed that he and his wife were also cops.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2873 Post by Maniac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 am

@MLQ - I wasn’t ridiculing Brain. I was parodying Spartacus and ‘the life of Brian’. Brainbomb would’ve got the joke I’m sure

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2874 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 am

thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Why not rdrivera?
Because Tom made it seem like he has an inno on rd near the EoD.

MeanLaQueefa

#2875 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am

Maniac, Oh huh, I actually just watched the life of brian for the first time right before posting this. That's an interesting coincidence. I blame balki for it... Somehow.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2876 Post by Maniac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 am

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am
Maniac, Oh huh, I actually just watched the life of brian for the first time right before posting this. That's an interesting coincidence. I blame balki for it... Somehow.
I think I’m going to have to Lynch you for not watching Life of Brian sooner. I might over look it if you can tell me the wing speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2877 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 am

DemonRHK wrote:
thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 am

Soooo sounds like you're back to scumreading me now?
If your claim turns out to be false, then yes. I think you're scum. I feel like I have been very clear about this.

Side note: Are you upset that Bo beat you to the suicide vote?
I'll admit I'm sad someone took my signature finisher, yea. It was way too close to EoD in a decided wagon to be effective.

Now that one time I end-hammered myself and missed the lynch by 1 vote however... XD

What I find weird about Bozo yesterday is that he was scumreading me all game, throwed a lot of shade on me (said I am capable of bussing all team, that I could be teaching Reedeer, etc) and didn't vote me when I was a wagon. Ok, he claimed to be away, but that vote on Mean is weak.
On the other side, I believe scum killed Brain because they thought he could be the Cop, so Bozo have only 50% chance of being scum (GF).

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2878 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Remaning scum #1 is either Balki or Mean (probably Balki - that would make D1 make a lot more sense as to why scum got lynched. Though Balki has seemed pretty towny to me, he is a good player).

Remaning scum #2 is in the group of Darmemeyoyo and bozo, with an outside chance at Vash or Foxy.

MeanLaQueefa

#2879 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Maniac, is that a european or african swallow?

Rdr, your vote against me was just as weak as bozo's

bozotheclown

#2880 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm

@rdrivera: I have not been scum reading you all game, it was not until D4 that I mentioned that the timing of your votes D1 and D2 could be bussing, since both days you voted for scum near EOD when they were at least 2 voted behind.