Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1161 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm waiting to hear ND's response to bo before I cast judgement there, but it intrigues me.

yavuzovic

#1162 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:45 pm

@bo_sox
He's not 100% scum. I have claims on it but he might be town too. I have no stronger scumread - I'm bad at scumreading. So I voted him. Also I'm suspicious toward him because of his messaging style. I don't know what but something feels wrong with him.

yavuzovic

#1163 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Maybe I should wait until I see his vote but it's too late now. I wonder what will he do.

thamrick

#1164 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm

@BB okay thanks. I guess that makes sense to avoid clears. I'll stop harping about the missing RB lol

Would ND back off killing Snowy after he listed him as his top scumread in his EoD posts and after riding him all day? I agree with rdrivera that the voting record made Snowy look really good and that could be why he was NK'd above all else.

Foxcastle

#1165 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm town reading Mean. In her P52 summary of everything, she says a couple things that I don't think scum coming off a night in the Mafia QT would say.

In reading ND, she says "He scum read snowy throughout the game, and that’s an odd thing to do if you’re planning on killing him at night when you’re the only person who has voted for him"

In reading Rjm, "He also scumread snowy in his reads at the end of night, which is a really odd thing to do if he knew he was going to die."

Scum don't go into the Mafia QT knowing who they will kill. If Mean were scum, she would have just spent 24 hours in the Mafia QT and would know that even if there's general consensus, scum don't go in knowing how the discussion will come out. So I see those as town slips, defaulting to how she understands the game is usually played face-to-face because she didn't go to the Mafia QT.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1166 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:33 pm
@bo:

I am just really frustrated with brain.

Reasons for bozo: Lurky. Voted ND right after snowy started the wagon and then dropped off the face of the earth. Classic scum move to get a wagon started and hope someone else pulls the weight so you can distance yourself down the road. Has done nothing in general that is useful.

Reasons for darg: Lurky. Part of it is gut - as he just seems off to me. I don't like this quote:

"I wouldn't follow your request to shoot Demon, but I am not that impressed with Tom's lackluster play here. Usually he is a lot more clever."

Where he knows I'm facing heat and basically says that something is off but doesn't want to commit to pressuring me. Trying to stay out of the fray. Afraid to stick his neck out. He doesn't really take a stance on the Mean / Balki fight and instead sits right in the middle and asks softball questions instead.
This whole post is full of generalities, Tom.

If you're just really frustrated with brain, why are you lashing out at him? Do you know brain at all? Is that supposed to actually help your frustration? The only reason to lash out at him is to get him to get pissed off back at you and rage quit like he always does, and given how you two have interacted in past games and given that I think I know how each of you two play as both town and mafia fairly well, I think you fully intended to get him to shut up and whether you did that as town or mafia I would appreciate it if you would come out and say it and take the heat that you deserve for doing so.

As for bozo, this is his post on page 21, when he voted for ND:

"I have to leave and I likely won't be back for EOD, so I am changing my vote to ND. I do not like his vote for brain at this point, and his analysis has not been what I am used to seeing from him as town.

[]VOTE ND"

What brings you to suggest that this is a "classic scum move?" I'm genuinely unsure how you came to that conclusion. As an aside, I'm also assuming that you townread ND, but if you actually scumread him, then perhaps you and I could find some common ground on this being a "classic scum move."

Have you read anything on darg that contributes to your scumread that wasn't directed at you? You mention the MLQ/Balki thing and "softball questions" but you give no examples. I have had the same gut feeling as you have on him but I haven't had a chance to turn it into evidence so if you come up with something good he might be someone I could consider lynching today.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1167 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 pm
I'm town reading Mean. In her P52 summary of everything, she says a couple things that I don't think scum coming off a night in the Mafia QT would say.

In reading ND, she says "He scum read snowy throughout the game, and that’s an odd thing to do if you’re planning on killing him at night when you’re the only person who has voted for him"

In reading Rjm, "He also scumread snowy in his reads at the end of night, which is a really odd thing to do if he knew he was going to die."

Scum don't go into the Mafia QT knowing who they will kill. If Mean were scum, she would have just spent 24 hours in the Mafia QT and would know that even if there's general consensus, scum don't go in knowing how the discussion will come out. So I see those as town slips, defaulting to how she understands the game is usually played face-to-face because she didn't go to the Mafia QT.
This is a great point and yall should be sure to read it as opposed to glossing over it.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1168 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:45 pm
Also I'm suspicious toward him because of his messaging style. I don't know what but something feels wrong with him.
If it comes to you, say it. Until then, as I said, you haven't given much reasoning for your vote.

yavuzovic

#1169 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:45 pm
Also I'm suspicious toward him because of his messaging style. I don't know what but something feels wrong with him.
If it comes to you, say it. Until then, as I said, you haven't given much reasoning for your vote.
Yeah, I have to vote somebody and I want to vote for my strongest scumread.
But again:
Something is wrong with his snowy drilling and after that he has lynched Jamiet.
Snowy has been shot this night. What happened between them?

yavuzovic

#1170 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Correction:
He hasn't been shot, he has been nightkilled.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1171 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

It does help my frustration, yes. I've had a shitty couple of days, and brain wants to lynch me for changing the order of my townreads. I've tried to branch out to discuss other things since.

I'll relook at darg, but that was generalities because I don't have a specific case besides what I said / remember.

Regarding bozo - it is based on the supposition that ND is town, yes. In my opinion scum often start wagons and then back off to let other people push so that they don't face the pressure when the person flips town.

This Foxy point is fascinating.

brainbomb

#1172 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Can we please end hammer tom
And lynch fox
Then bo
Please?

The open wolfing is disgusting

yavuzovic

#1173 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:13 pm

I would rather to start with ND.

brainbomb

#1174 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:15 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:13 pm
I would rather to start with ND.
ND is town. Yer being led into a trap buddy. As soon as ND flips theyre gonna turn on you and say its on your hands

thamrick

#1175 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:18 pm

I also just read this:

"The Whisky bottle is a standard role-block. Therefore if the person sent to do the Nightkill gets roleblocked, there is no kill."

so a roleblock prevents a night kill?

brainbomb

#1176 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm

When ND is scum he focuses his reads in limited fashion, usually scumreading someone easy to lynch. ND doesnt scumread multiple ppl when hes scum.

He also is far more beligerent as town. He gets alot wrong. He used this meta a year ago and was gross and totally wrong on everyone. He plays like this as lazy inaccurate town

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1177 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

##vote darg

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1178 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Come share your thoughts

yavuzovic

#1179 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

@brainbomb
Who do you suggest? And why? You may change my idea.

yavuzovic

#1180 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:59 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 pm
About Mean:
I think her behaviours were towns like. However I have no reason so I can't read her as town or scum. If Brain claims she's town, he must show us why.
@brainbomb
Also can you prove your claim?