M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#1701 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am
Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m confident enough in that that, if he flips town I’ll vote Kit tomorrow as too badly incriminated to be of further use to town.

I know I have two ISOs to respond to. I’ll hopefully have time after class tonight.
Tem hasnt done enough to be mafia, this is a silly wagon, make him answer questions, sure, but this? Not too sure about this one chief

Ezio

#1702 Post by Ezio » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:15 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:06 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 am
Flavious, I notice you are are still voting me. It seems like the Crux of your case on me is that I said the phrase I "wasn't supposed to say".
Can you explain how me saying that phase can possibly damage town? I can explain how it's possibly beneficial to town.
Which is the problem, you havent explained what you found from the reaction test, and at this point its way too late to start explaining. You randomly jumped on my wagon and for the first time actually pushed something, before then you were silent
So your argument is that I was lurking until I wasn't, and I didn't get enough from my reaction test, except for my main case for d1. Did I get that right?

xorxes

#1703 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:22 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:42 am
My top two townreads at this point are Bunny and Kitsune. Bunny is invested and trying to solve the game, look exactly the same as last game. Kitsune can be deceiving, but his posts reflects a lot what I am also thinking (like Tem and Xorxes being off) and I know I am town.
I have also a town read on Bozo, which is weird (I always scumread him).

So, my top scumreads at this point are Tem and Xorxes. Someone said I am reading Tem metas wrong, but I was scum with him and remember him being apologetic all time,just like now. Also, his pushes smand votes seems just opportunistic not for real.
Xorxes is a bit of OMGUS, but I just can't understand why he is voting me again (and a weak vote, that "can change later"), without reality interacting with me. This is bullshit. Xorxes scumread me a lot (right or wrong) but always question me, push scummy things I might have done, this time is almost like he was trying to impersonate town Xorxes.
##vote Xorxes

Jamiet is also a concern, it's usually easy to read him one way or another and this game he is just a big null to me.

I am also starting to get a weird vibe from Vapor, it's my strongest feeling for a third party.
I was voting for you because you were my top scumread. I didn't like your enabling the Ezio wagon for a silly reason, that's not like you, and the "broke my heart" phrase, even if some people think is inconsecuential, I still think it's exactly how you try to deflect being scumread by certain people. I'm not arguing that it's a strong case, but if I have to guess, I still think you're scum.

xorxes

#1704 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am

I'm actually wondering if I should be role claiming at this point and we take our chances on the Assassin wanting me. It gives us a focus to work with, and if we have a JOAT or an Item Smith out there then that helps shape the game, as well as increase our townclear count.
My advice would be don't claim yet unless it gives us a scum to lynch. If it only gives us a clear then if your info is the only way to clear someone then make sure you leave us something before EON that we can use to figure out what it is in case you are killed.

xorxes

#1705 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:53 am
Night-action adjudication order:
Commuter
Magnet
Jail
Driver
Roleblock
Watcher/Tracker/Cop
Bodyguard
Item Smith
Gunsmith
Medium
Arsonist Douse
Nightkill
Healing (Doctor Save)
Janitor
Infector
Role Thief
Interceptor

Do we only have one of Wacher/Tracker/Cop?
"At least one", same as with the other guaranteeds.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1706 Post by dargorygel » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:19 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:09 am
@xorxes
Why does me wondering why you weren't NKed make me scum? Do you think they didn't notice?
Notice what? It doesn't make you scum, but it's scummy because it's an easy way to throw shade. If you think I'm an obvious N1 target, don't you think some protector role would be on me? Then if Mafia want to use their Janitor, won't they choose a non-obvious target so that the Janitor is not wasted? Trying to guess mafia kill motivations is all wifom, and "I wonder why" posts without even trying to hazard an explanation yourself is scummy shade.
Hmmm... I did not intend to cast shade, actually. You seem Towny to me (when scum, you tunnel more, for instance) I was asking for the purpose of wondering scum strategy . Had you said something that made them read your role as something they could leverage...

FlaviusAetius

#1707 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:12 pm
to elaborate to drive the point home: As scum you damn well know what youre doing wrong to get all the scrutiny. Because youre a scummy fucker. You dont go openly semi-whine mode "what do I keep doing wrong". That just comes off as genuine sadness about you being wronged.
agreed, Temasuk isnt mafia, and definetly has not done enough to be considered mafia, we need to move on and find someone else

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1708 Post by dargorygel » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 pm

I guessostly, I can't see why damo was nked. So I am comparing what happened with what I expected as norm.

FlaviusAetius

#1709 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm
My read is the assassin has one bullet at a time, but gets another provided he kills a target with it.

No such thing as "enough bullets to kill their targets".
[/quote]
This means to me that the Assassin MUST hit his target or he runs out of bullets. Is that what you are getting at?
[/quote]

Basically, so yea if the Assasin wanted to kill me, he would of done it by now, so unless damo is he magnet im not his target, I forget who said it but someone disproved damo being magnet, so Im just going to assume the assasin didnt strike Night 1

FlaviusAetius

#1710 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 pm
I guessostly, I can't see why damo was nked. So I am comparing what happened with what I expected as norm.
My thought was that everyone thought damo and me were connected, Im going to look back and see who were trying to connect me and him before I claimed

xorxes

#1711 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:58 am
Last game people explained to me that claiming that you were role blocked was a safe claim for town because scum already knew it. Is this still true with the different roles and 3P?
It's not as clearcut because it also gives info to the Traitor and the Assasin, but still probably more help to town than not.

FlaviusAetius

#1712 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:38 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Just had a thought. If the Nyan Cat is in the game, they could town clear themselves to our previously towncleared last night. So, @flav: can you townclear someone for us? The only reason I can think why you shouldn’t is if assassin target, but maybe there’s another way you can townclear someone so assassin couldn’t be sure?
I have not receieved any information to townclear someone and if I do I would make an argument for it if they ever came up as a scum candidate, and would try to hide it behind an argument, not just flat out saying it. That way I can continue to hide their role, and keep assasin in the dark

FlaviusAetius

#1713 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:40 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:29 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:45 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 am

*IF* he was magnet and activate then he may have been gambling on there being a bodyguard and laying a trap for the mafia. It's a valid strategy.
Which would require some sort of crumb?
Or just his half-involved grumpiness?
I think this is the best argument against damo being the Magnet. There was a good chance he would be killed if he activated and there was no bodyguard/doc-save, so he would have left some indication that he was the magnet and I can't find any.
100% agree, makes me question why xorxes didnt find this out, and instead pushed that damo is magnet :?

FlaviusAetius

#1714 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:41 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:42 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Just had a thought. If the Nyan Cat is in the game, they could town clear themselves to our previously towncleared last night. So, @flav: can you townclear someone for us? The only reason I can think why you shouldn’t is if assassin target, but maybe there’s another way you can townclear someone so assassin couldn’t be sure?
Isn't this the same thing as Cyan Cat claiming for themselves? Don't get me wrong Flav is the best person Nyan Cat could tell, but I don't think Flav should out them.
and i wouldnt, not unless they personally wanted me too

FlaviusAetius

#1715 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:43 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm
Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am
Oh right. Vote Tem guys.

I’m confident enough in that that, if he flips town I’ll vote Kit tomorrow as too badly incriminated to be of further use to town.

I know I have two ISOs to respond to. I’ll hopefully have time after class tonight.
I'm going to ##VOTE Temasek as a vote of confidence in Kitsune at this point. May still change my mind.
No arguments once again, just agreeing with things people already said, and rewordin them, or not even putting in that effort and just agreeing them with them outright. Hello Mr. Tanner

FlaviusAetius

#1716 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:14 pm
Don't want to say it, but it's needed. I try to avoid bumping into him, but he's still in the game so his input and presence is required.

I'm disliking this guy, but he's a player with a big mouth in general.

Jamie needs to post and take the bull by the horn, something feels 'off' about him

A candidate for a scan or for a vig/joat shot, imo
10000000000% agree, Jamie is big sus right now, he's done a lot of mixed things and now has fallen off the face of the earth, makes you wonder whats up

xorxes

#1717 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 am
Why would scum pile on the NK?

Also, naming your stolen role is problematic for assassin. Simply saying “role thief” seems ok on its face.
Good question.

And I do have an awful feeling the assassin wants Naruto Runner dead and is just biding his time until he knows the other target.

But if we're that unlucky we may as well yield now.

Anyway yeah, I'm trying to understand why a town player would not announce he'd been roleblocked or role thiefed.

I don't see a reason unless they're dead or not town.

So... maybe I'm wrong and the anti-encryptor did do their magic last night?

If all the Mafia had was an updated vote list, they could have all gone for damo based on that.

Or they hit a 3P role and the Assassin or nk-Tanner/Infector/Chameleon don't mind them knowing their role as the Mafia are likely to leave them alive as extra cover right now?
I'm pretty sure Role Thief must have targetted damo. It really makes so much sense for Janitor and Role Thief to act together that someone in the Mafia team has to have figured it out.

No idea about the Roleblocker, but targetting damo or not using it are both possible options.

FlaviusAetius

#1718 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:47 am
Town:

Xorxes (he's not confirmed like he was last game though), squigs, prado, Flavious (even if not town, activity alone means he's worth more alive than dead), worcej.

Scum:
Vecna, Rd. I don't actually think either of these players are scum, but we should lynch them on principle of me never being able to read them correctly.

Super scummy:
Idk probably that Yuuki fellow.
oh yea and the guy who my vote happens to be on... Read my previous post to find out more.
O_O guys omg, here is the MAJORRRRR read list HUZZAH
Ezio this list is so ridiculous Im literally crying right now with how you even thought this was valid
Your honestly acting like a big joke right now, and you need to be lynched

xorxes

#1719 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:51 pm

BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 am
TrPrado wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am

Bonus points for calling me a tool? This is the first time we’ve played together isn’t it? How did you reach that conclusion?
Honestly? I don't remember writing that...
...and you don't remember writing this??
scum points in my book
No, not remembering is town points.

The only scumpoint part is the use of the word "honestly", but maybe that's too oldschool.

xorxes

#1720 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 am
Haven't done any ISOs yet, this is all from recent and past posting:

Town(ish): bozo, BunnyG, dargo, Squigs, Temasek, Kit, Prado

Still not convinced, but a slight town smell: Bionic

Demoted to possible scum: Bob, Kalel

Not sure what to make of these: Ezio, rivera, Vecna, worcej, Ike

Scum/3rd party stinking pile: Jamie, xorxes
You're breaking my heart now :cry: