MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Temasek22

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3081 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:29 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm
Will be honest, they are that good

I have some flimsy scumpool consisting of: Temasek, dargo, maybe Neph*, possibly Kalel? but it's weak stuff

I can't point to anyone and call him scumbo to his face, my most certainty rests with Temasek as a choice

* I'm torn with Nephythys, not confident at all, but many of you have pointed out inconsistencies and how he's had evil intent EODs

I can see Neph-Temasek rolling scum again and this is like a revenge for them because their team suffered a complete destruction in gladiator's game
You're making me wish I actually rolled scum :lol:

BunnyGo

#3082 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Don't give up yet @vaporwave. We got this. And we're all out of guns (unless Kit is sitting on one) so we won't be shooting ourselves anymore! Huzzah!

BunnyGo

#3083 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 pm
Don't give up yet @vaporwave. We got this. And we're all out of guns (unless Kit is sitting on one) so we won't be shooting ourselves anymore! Huzzah!
And hey! maybe we lynch Gamorra next, and SK kills the scum for us.

foodcoats

#3084 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:24 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 am
Kit :-D glad to have you back

I need someone to encourage me seeing that this will be (yet) another game where mafia wins

How does it make you feel, foodcoats? ;) Having such a team by your side

Temasek randing scum

I'm upset :(
If I was scum with Tem, Tem would be playing better because I'd be coaching the shit out of them.
Kalel's playing better, did you coach the sh*t out of him?
Sorry Temasek that was rude of me. I apologize.

xorxes

#3085 Post by xorxes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 pm

For reference:

DAY1

bozo (7+1) Neph rdrivera Bunny Kitsune Kalel brainbomb Espresso
ND (7) Jamiet Chaqa yuuki foodcoats Fox bozo Vapor
Maniac (2) xorxes emc
Vapor (1) dargo
Chaqa (1) ND
Kalel (1) Temasek
dargo (1) damo
Espresso (1) Maniac

False DAY2

Maniac (11) damo Fox dargo Chaqa rdrivera foodcoats Nephthys xorxes Bunny Sulit Espresso
Espresso (3) Vapor Kalel Maniac
yuuki (2) Temasek Jamiet
Vapor (1) yuuki

DAY2

yuuki (8) Temasek Jamiet Espresso Chaqa xorxes Fox rdrivera Maniac
Maniac (5) damo dargo foodcoats sulit yuuki
Espresso (2) Vapor Kalel
Temasek (1) Bunny
Kalel (1) Nephthys

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3086 Post by KalelChase » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:41 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:22 pm
Thoughts Kalel? Maybe it's "All of God"? or "All to Chase"?
Star-Child-Chase is my interpretation, but I'll go by whatever you want.

After a weekend of entertaining guests I'm back, and very sad to see Strange gone, especially after the time-shift. Going to be hard to be EoX moving forward.

In general I like your list, and agree townies are easier to ID than Scum.

We overlap greatly on our lists with the following exceptions...

Move up to more Town
Kalel (Obv.), Foodcoats,

Move to more Scumlean
I wan to put Chaqa here, but it's just my defensive bias I'm trying to keep under control.
So... Neph (justified defensive bias), + your final 3 seems they would fit the bill of Scum+SK. Although I might swap RDR and Vapor or Maniac.

Going by gut, and re-reading I seem to be hedging, but have to stick with my honest first draft. I have read through thread, but not with much analysis. I'm going to be able to check in more as we engage into the week and will adjust my list with some intelligence.

Unless I have an ah-ha moment looking through posts, I'm getting more likely to sheep with wherever you/Xorxe x/Kitsune/Food pile on the most for the next vote, but reserve the right to change everything about my position once I read through with notes (I'll do Day 2 a few hours before EoD and all of N2 before half way through D3).

I also volunteer for Vision to read me, but would prefer they use it on their best scumlean as I would simply come up VT.

Peace.

foodcoats

#3087 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Also I apologize for flipping out on brainbomb earlier. I am vehemently opposed to permitting that sort of behavior or minimizing how inappropriate it is, but in frustration I hypocritically did the same thing in retaliation. Sorry everyone.

Nephthys

#3088 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Can someone please explain why the fuck everyone is searching for the SK?

You search for scum, eliminate them then focus on SK. We need to find at least one scum first ffs.

Theres a decent chance that scum will randomly hit them as well. That means scum will likely reveal who the SK is so they can have a chance at winning.

All tis SK searching is sooooo anti-town

Nephthys

#3089 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:49 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

After a weekend of entertaining guests I'm back, and very sad to see Strange gone, especially after the time-shift. Going to be hard to be EoX moving forward.

Move up to more Town
Kalel (Obv.), Foodcoats,

Move to more Scumlean
I wan to put Chaqa here, but it's just my defensive bias I'm trying to keep under control.
So... Neph (justified defensive bias), + your final 3 seems they would fit the bill of Scum+SK. Although I might swap RDR and Vapor or Maniac.

Going by gut, and re-reading I seem to be hedging, but have to stick with my honest first draft. I have read through thread, but not with much analysis. I'm going to be able to check in more as we engage into the week and will adjust my list with some intelligence.

Unless I have an ah-ha moment looking through posts, I'm getting more likely to sheep with wherever you/Xorxe x/Kitsune/Food pile on the most for the next vote, but reserve the right to change everything about my position once I read through with notes (I'll do Day 2 a few hours before EoD and all of N2 before half way through D3).

I also volunteer for Vision to read me, but would prefer they use it on their best scumlean as I would simply come up VT.

Peace.
So you have one town read and no scum reads outside of pure defense?

xorxes

#3090 Post by xorxes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:52 pm

@Kalel, on your D2 readlist (pg 128) you had emc as "townlean" and you said I was "possibly town".

Can you clarify why emc was only a townlean, and what made you upgrade me from null to possibly town?
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:01 pm
Bunny recap - BB like him as town. I don't know how many newbies there are so I can't calculate the chances of two newbies getting VT, but I'm as convinced that Bunny is town as I am of Kitsune, and possible Xorx.
___
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:21 pm

So I was going to try and calculate the odds that 3 new players were all assigned Townie, but it's a lot of math I don't have the time for. I think all three of us are town... Adding in Xorxes, Food and most Dead to my townie list.

TOWN (9)
Bunny
Kalel
Kitsune
Xorxes
Food
Brain
Bozo
Worcej
Jamiet99uk

TOWNLEAN
EMC
rdrivera2005

NULL
Foxcastle
Maniac
Vaporwave

SCUMlean
Chaqa - lazy, just voting on first impression of me, not rethinking position
dargorygel -
EspressoPatronum - as prior posted
sulit - Silent, lots of small posts to seem active
yuuki - absent
Nephthys
Temasek22
damo666 - Tried to out Jamie as Tony early

SCUM (No idea, but this is the first time I'm actually putting this list together and it's helped more than I thought to capture my rational).

BunnyGo

#3091 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:57 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 pm
For reference:

DAY1

Maniac (2) xorxes emc
Vapor (1) dargo
Chaqa (1) ND
Kalel (1) Temasek
dargo (1) damo
Espresso (1) Maniac

False DAY2

Maniac (11) damo Fox dargo Chaqa rdrivera foodcoats Nephthys xorxes Bunny Sulit Espresso
yuuki (2) Temasek Jamiet
Vapor (1) yuuki

DAY2

Espresso (2) Vapor Kalel
Temasek (1) Bunny
Kalel (1) Nephthys
I think the official yuuki vote was 8-1 = 7

foodcoats

#3092 Post by foodcoats » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 am

I didn't manage to iso everyone as I wanted tonight, but I think I found a better strategy anyway. So here are a few points I want to make.

One, I am more convinced than ever Fox is scum. Fox is totally coasting and most of their iso is flimflam. However what convinced me is that I believe brainbomb's reaction test of rivera did indeed reveal that Fox fakeclaimed RB. If you follow Fox's iso immediately following this interaction, Fox makes two quick, short prods at other players - something they do not do before or after - with no follow through. I think Fox felt it necessary to look proactive following brain's accusation. My new strategy will be to iso everyone's interactions with Fox.

Second, Bunny may deserve a second look. Bunny is prolific but a lot of BG's posts lead nowhere. BG tunneled EP incredibly hard for an incredibly minute detail. This is the sort of thing that can happen to scum because they have too much knowledge and struggle to build the more nuanced cases that town develops. I also think that BG completely copped out and openly sheeped xorxes because they do not have any historical cases on anyone else and didn't know how to build one because they are scum.

Third - this is full tinfoil - if there is a real doctor out there who knows that EP fakeclaimed, take a look at darg. Darg was not scumreading Maniac but moved onto them because the room was too quiet. This was suspicious to me on reread as darg suggested rdr, Vapor, and Kalel as alternatives to EP for Jaime's vig shot. There was some discussion of Kalel as a possible wagon and I feel like towndarg might've tried to build that wagon instead of switching to Maniac if they truly believed that they'd said. This is even more intriguing to me because of EP's claim and dash... meaning EP may very well have fakeclaimed. (EMC may also have been doctor and EP Janitor.)

xorxes

#3093 Post by xorxes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:57 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 pm
For reference:

DAY1

Maniac (2) xorxes emc
Vapor (1) dargo
Chaqa (1) ND
Kalel (1) Temasek
dargo (1) damo
Espresso (1) Maniac

False DAY2

yuuki (2) Temasek Jamiet
Vapor (1) yuuki

DAY2

Espresso (2) Vapor Kalel
Temasek (1) Bunny
Kalel (1) Nephthys
I think the official yuuki vote was 8-1 = 7
Ah, right, missed that. Interesting.

BunnyGo

#3094 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:47 pm
Can someone please explain why the fuck everyone is searching for the SK?

You search for scum, eliminate them then focus on SK. We need to find at least one scum first ffs.

Theres a decent chance that scum will randomly hit them as well. That means scum will likely reveal who the SK is so they can have a chance at winning.

All tis SK searching is sooooo anti-town
I think I explicitly wasn’t searching for SK.

BunnyGo

#3095 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:09 am

KalelChase wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Move up to more Town
Kalel (Obv.), Foodcoats,

Move to more Scumlean

Peace.
How does Star child come from that Hebrew?

xorxes

#3096 Post by xorxes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:14 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 am
I didn't manage to iso everyone as I wanted tonight, but I think I found a better strategy anyway. So here are a few points I want to make.

One, I am more convinced than ever Fox is scum. Fox is totally coasting and most of their iso is flimflam. However what convinced me is that I believe brainbomb's reaction test of rivera did indeed reveal that Fox fakeclaimed RB. If you follow Fox's iso immediately following this interaction, Fox makes two quick, short prods at other players - something they do not do before or after - with no follow through. I think Fox felt it necessary to look proactive following brain's accusation. My new strategy will be to iso everyone's interactions with Fox.

Second, Bunny may deserve a second look. Bunny is prolific but a lot of BG's posts lead nowhere. BG tunneled EP incredibly hard for an incredibly minute detail. This is the sort of thing that can happen to scum because they have too much knowledge and struggle to build the more nuanced cases that town develops. I also think that BG completely copped out and openly sheeped xorxes because they do not have any historical cases on anyone else and didn't know how to build one because they are scum.

Third - this is full tinfoil - if there is a real doctor out there who knows that EP fakeclaimed, take a look at darg. Darg was not scumreading Maniac but moved onto them because the room was too quiet. This was suspicious to me on reread as darg suggested rdr, Vapor, and Kalel as alternatives to EP for Jaime's vig shot. There was some discussion of Kalel as a possible wagon and I feel like towndarg might've tried to build that wagon instead of switching to Maniac if they truly believed that they'd said. This is even more intriguing to me because of EP's claim and dash... meaning EP may very well have fakeclaimed. (EMC may also have been doctor and EP Janitor.)
Good points 1 and 2, I had similar thoughts about both at some points.

I can't follow what you're trying to say in 3. Not sure if it's about EP, or about darg, or what connection you are implying between them.

BunnyGo

#3097 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:16 am

Out of curiosity, food, what did you think of my post partially exonerating Kalel?

BunnyGo

#3098 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:19 am

By the way, food, you get the opposite of OMSUG (is that the acronym?) from me. I've been amazed that I've been getting such a free ride. Definitely investigate me, but I think the dive should check how closely I've asked questions, investigated, and tried to dig up old posts.

I may suck at it. And it's only been 2 days and 1 night, but I've tried.

BunnyGo

#3099 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:49 pm
KalelChase wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Move up to more Town
Kalel (Obv.), Foodcoats,

Move to more Scumlean

Peace.
So you have one town read and no scum reads outside of pure defense?
No, he was saying he largely agreed with my gut list from the previous page.

xorxes

#3100 Post by xorxes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:19 am
By the way, food, you get the opposite of OMSUG (is that the acronym?) from me. I've been amazed that I've been getting such a free ride. Definitely investigate me, but I think the dive should check how closely I've asked questions, investigated, and tried to dig up old posts.

I may suck at it. And it's only been 2 days and 1 night, but I've tried.
OMGUS: Oh My God, U Suck!

but OMSUG could indeed be appropriate for the opposite: Oi Me Scummy, U God!