MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2881 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:55 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:47 am
Yuuki still MIA, 36 hours without any posts. Putting his meta as active town aside, he’s posts don’t look good either...

Maniac’s reaction to EoD was pretty decent.

EP’s doc claim doesn’t feel believable, I have a good feeling that emc42 was doc and got janitored. However, with SK still around and only 3 and a half hrs to go till EoD I’m less certain about having the vote be at 6-5-4.

Kalel’s later posts look much better, but still a very slight scumlean.

My scumteam is yuuki/Espresso and two unknowns. I used to have BB in SK, I don’t know what to do now.

Sorry for my lack of posts, I’ll try my best to contribute more to solving.
What makes you think emc was doc? Was there any crumbs?

Nephthys

#2882 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:57 am

No real point doing an EP ISO.

He's either doc or scum.

Will come out soon enough

Nephthys

#2883 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:01 am

Quick Yuuki ISO

Man aint scum.

He does what he always does poking people for things and as usual I find his play overly whelming.

He's in my top 3 SK reads though easy.

Nephthys

#2884 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:03 am

Kalel the Chaser

Preface

I think the key here is D1. My philosophy is that its always easiest to find the new players alignments D1. They are inherently less aware of the subtleties of the game and therefore more likely to be more noticeable as scum.

Nephthys

#2885 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:21 am

Chapter 1: Day the first

I gotta say this entrance doesn't really seem to awkward. I find new scum tend to hold their vote a little more. Entrance reminds me more of the start of a tinder conversation tbh. Weird enough that you don't wanna reply but chill enough that you dont feel like theyre gonna kill you and wear your skin.

He then follows it up with this gem
KalelChase wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Have you played this much? I like the idea of getting into character, but I must say I don't have much to work with quite yet. How about you?
Carefully crafted or simply honest?

Unfortunately, just as I go to townread him he pulls this out
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 pm
##VOTE Bozo

RE: A lot of posts collecting data from others, but the goal seems to be just to stir the pot. I have to admit most of this is based more on who isn't and who is voting for them/others.
He both explains his vote then justifies it with the people on the wagon. Over explaining is generally scummy.

D1 conclusion - This is hard, although I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he' a smart little cookie - scumlean

Night 1

There some odd bits in here. I think the biggest thing that stuck out to me was his analysis of bozo's reads. Now don't get me wrong. I don't think he really provided much useful info here, none of his reads are backed up or extend beyond his personal sphere but I think it shows a genuine desire to use the trusted info that we now had.

Him "hunting" the doc I don't ping that much on. I remember starting out and as soon as I put together my first scum team I thought I was right and would get insta-NKed. So I don't hold this against him too much.

The one thing I find weird is his list of people he trusts.
- Rivera
- Kitsune
- Bunny
- Brain
However, 8 hours later Brain has been removed. AAAAAlso merely 13hrs beforehand he listed rivera as scum (entertainingly, his first scumread)

@Kalel What made brain shift off your trusted list and what made you townread rdr?

Nephthys

#2886 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 am

Day the Second

The first thing that reaaaaaaaaally pings me is this shocker
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:00 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:57 am
I don't think I said... Vision should consider espresso, rdrivera, brain, and xorxes... maybe maniac...
Not just for suspicion's sake. I mean, the reveal could be a clear as well as a scum. And a lot of the discussions would find resolution in any of those reveals.
More grey??? Boi you just listed Rdr as one of your most trusted people. Get some consistency bro.

He then just straight up stops scumhunting
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:10 am
Looks like no ones on.

Honestly, I can't take the noise and the chaos, and more than halfway convinced he's SK.

##VOTE Brainbomb
Please, at least try.

Then he comes in to dissect Brains (excellent) dissection of the bozo wagon. (honestly those brain posts are the best of the game, perhaps also he was my top town read). In this large post he also states that he liked a scumlist I provided minus his positioning, then turns around and calls me scum. Logical inconsistency number ??? (I stopped counting at 500).

His post about bozos list is completely useless. It's honestly not that useful to dissect looking at who's accurate due to possible bussing and that is was D1 (hence why we should have waited).

His final post pings me as well. Its laden with reasons to shift his vote if he needs

Nephthys

#2887 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 am

So overall a null D1 and scummy N1/2

Going against what I said in my preface I'm gonna slap a little scumread on this guy.

He's crafty and intelligent. His misunderstanding of the nuances of the games has been genuine but its intermingled with some solid barbs and some serious logical inconsistencies.

Nephthys

#2888 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 am

My vote holds, I'll probs be on intermittently between now and EOD is anyone wants to discuss points of the case.

Nephthys

#2889 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:35 am

Day the Second

The first thing that reaaaaaaaaally pings me is this shocker
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:00 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:57 am
I don't think I said... Vision should consider espresso, rdrivera, brain, and xorxes... maybe maniac...
Not just for suspicion's sake. I mean, the reveal could be a clear as well as a scum. And a lot of the discussions would find resolution in any of those reveals.
I'd back you up on this, but narrow down to the more grey persons...
rdrivera, and xorxes... maybe maniac...
More grey??? Boi you just listed Rdr as one of your most trusted people. Get some consistency bro.

He then just straight up stops scumhunting
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:10 am
Looks like no ones on.

Honestly, I can't take the noise and the chaos, and more than halfway convinced he's SK.

##VOTE Brainbomb
Please, at least try.

Then he comes in to dissect Brains (excellent) dissection of the bozo wagon. (honestly those brain posts are the best of the game, perhaps also he was my top town read). In this large post he also states that he liked a scumlist I provided minus his positioning, then turns around and calls me scum. Logical inconsistency number ??? (I stopped counting at 500).

His post about bozos list is completely useless. It's honestly not that useful to dissect looking at who's accurate due to possible bussing and that is was D1 (hence why we should have waited).

His final post pings me as well. Its laden with reasons to shift his vote if he needs

Edited to correct formatting

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2890 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:48 am

Idk why I’m awake but I definitely won’t be in 3 hours.

KalEl or Yuuki are fine lunches. We can sort it out later more through

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2891 Post by KalelChase » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:07 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:03 am
Kalel the Chaser

Preface

I think the key here is D1. My philosophy is that its always easiest to find the new players alignments D1. They are inherently less aware of the subtleties of the game and therefore more likely to be more noticeable as scum.
All of the quotes from D1 (at least the first half) were me mistaking this for a social game instead of a poker game.

Note that on the more grey list I was talking about Vision using their power, not Tony using his shot or lynching. I wasn't talking about killing someone, I was talking about revealing their Identity.

I was convinced (as many were) that BB was SK because of the tone that seemed to scream 'I don't care who gets killed'.

I can respond to all your other ones too, but I'd rather wonder why you'd all of a suddenly put so much work into documenting my earlier errors... and call into question the timing since I've just recently started to make sense (even if it's mostly quoting bozo, bunny and BB).

Nephthys

#2892 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:19 am

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:07 am
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:03 am
Kalel the Chaser

Preface

All of the quotes from D1 (at least the first half) were me mistaking this for a social game instead of a poker game.

Note that on the more grey list I was talking about Vision using their power, not Tony using his shot or lynching. I wasn't talking about killing someone, I was talking about revealing their Identity.

I was convinced (as many were) that BB was SK because of the tone that seemed to scream 'I don't care who gets killed'.

I can respond to all your other ones too, but I'd rather wonder why you'd all of a suddenly put so much work into documenting my earlier errors... and call into question the timing since I've just recently started to make sense (even if it's mostly quoting bozo, bunny and BB).
Why am I putting effort in to reading you? Please tell me you didn't just ask that

But why was rdr grey if you trusted him so much? That would only possibly serve to out a PR.

I would ask that you now address my other points.

Nephthys

#2893 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:42 am

Glad to see there's avid discussion on this.

Nephthys

#2894 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:42 am

How much fun are timezones

Jamiet99uk

Re: Too Much Information?

#2895 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:50 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm
I like Jamie's personality choice this game so far. he's been soft and fun. did something good happen in your life recently? :D

in terms of content not as sure, but
Well, last week I got laid for the first time in over a year, so, maybe it's down to that.
I hope you didn't shoot as early then.

Sorry, couldn't help myself--saw this while digging through kalel posts.
Lololol

I could say I had more than two shots but that would be TMI.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2896 Post by Maniac » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:06 am

What would the serial killer do?

Well we know that they’d probably want to be involved in the lynch in order to steal any stones that the lynched person has: So look at D1 Bozo lynch:

Nephthys, Rdrivera, BunnyGo, Kitsune [Don’t forget her even though she can’t appear on other lists], Kalal, Espresso [Doc or Scum (mafia or SK)]

On D2 Espresso was wildly scum read, topped Jamie’s poll and was likely lynch as town cleared Jamie had instructed town to lynch him. So who was on Espresso when his wagon was at it’s height?

Foodcoats, Kalal, Rdrivera, Chaqa, BunnyGo, Jamie [Vig] Vapor, Darg

The overlap with D1 Bozo lynch is Kalal, Rdrivera, BunnyGo and we have to add in Espresso and Kitsure who couldn’t be on this wagon.

As soon as Espresso [fake] claimed Doctor the wagon switched quickly to the very Handsome Maniac. Almost everyone was on here.

damo666, Foxcastle, dargorygel, Chaqa, rdrivera2005, foodcoats, Nephthys, xorxes, BunnyGo, Sulit, EspressoPatronum

So the overlap with the previous overlap is Rdrivera, BunnyGo, Espresso and Kitsune is still included so we don’t forget her.

Then when the day is extended yuuki sundenly becomes the lead wagon
At time of posting 1hr+ before EOD the yukki wagon is

Tem. Jamie {Vig], Espresso [scum or Doc], Chaqa, Xorxes [Town], Foxcastle, Rdrivera

The overlap of the previous overlap is Espresso and Rdrivera. And Kitsune has to remain on our suspect list.

Espresso’s claim will either be proved right or fake. We can’t use this analysis to point the finger at kitsune, but we shouldn’t forget she could be SK denied the opportunity to collect stones from a lynch.

That leave Rdrivera.

I think Rdrivera voting has been poor. D1 seems legit. He was on bozo early so no late jumping to a lead wagon. But D2 is much more suspect. He voted Espresso when a lot of people were scum reading him. That allowed him to hide in the pack. But then he voted for me when I suddenly became the runaway candidate. Why? On page 85 he says to xorxes “We have already discussed Maniac and I don't see scum there.” On page 138 he says “I don't like the Maniac wagon, but Yukki wagon look even worst. I still think EP is scum but we can't lynch an un--cced PR claim.

[][][vote Maniac to avoid SK interference. But I am willing to lynch Nephtys or Dargo if there is interest.”

It all seems very convenient to be on the lead wagon yet again.

After my wagon dies Rdrivera then votes Nephthys before switching to Yukki having previously said “Yukki wagon looks worst [than maniac wagon].”

I’ve pointed out before Rdrivera’s ‘slip’ about to the effect that Rdrivera flipping scum would make Brainbomb’s case against him look marvellous. I take xorxes point that this could be a language issue, but it might be a genuine slip.

At some point the SK will be able to auto win if they have enough stones to control lynches and they can’t be killed any other way. The chances of us having a gun in play are probably quite small.

Should we look at killing a suspected SK now. Or should Jamie and xorxes instruct Rdrivera to step off yukki lynch if it is going to happen anyway just in case he has a stone?

##vote Rdrivera

Nephthys

#2897 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:35 am

I am sorely saddened that yuuki, of all people is gonna be the lynch.

Nephthys

#2898 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 am

Anyone around to swing it back to Maniac at least?

yuuki

#2899 Post by yuuki » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:40 am

Fascinating that I have a meta after only one game. I have actually been really busy irl and this game has been way more time-consuming just to read and catch up with than the other.

If I get lynched so be it, but know that this is a huge mistake

Nephthys

#2900 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:40 am

That Maniac posts feels disappointingly lackluster. Not even looking into whether we actually do need to be looking at the SK now. Just weakly putting it out there.

To control the lynch entirely means that its the final four. So no, by numbers we don't really wanna be looking for the SK right now. We will lose to scum (you) significantly sooner