MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2601 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:25 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.1

EspressoPatronum (6): dargorygel, Jamiet99uk, BunnyGo, Vaporwave, Chaqa, rdrivera2005
yuuki (4): foodcoats, KalelChase, Temasek22, EspressoPatronum
Maniac (3): xorxes, damo666, Foxcastle
Vaporwave (2): yuuki, Nephthys

Invalid(1): Maniac

sulit still needs to vote

EOD 2 in roughly 6.5 hours

BunnyGo

#2602 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:29 pm

My quick updated impressions (which have admittedly been shite all game, but I did read BB as a PR. An annoying PR.

I think the yuuki wagon is all scummy.

I think yuuki is more likely PR than scum at this moment.

I think the maniac wagon is all town. But I don’t understand the read.

foodcoats

#2603 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:29 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:25 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Your vote on yuuki could be construed as an EP save lol.

Fwiw I'm beginning to think EP is not scum but if he does hang I guess we get handy data regardless.

However I would prefer to see Maniac swing.
Yes, it certainly could.

Maniac is scummier than EP by far.
Explain please.
The biggest red flag for me is that Maniac has no town reads. From a scum perspective this is because scum!Maniac wants to remain open to lynching anyone opportunistically.

foodcoats

#2604 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:29 pm
My quick updated impressions (which have admittedly been shite all game, but I did read BB as a PR. An annoying PR.

I don't think all 4 scum would be on yuuki. At least one is likely on a smaller wagon or not yet voted.

If you had to pick one of those, who would it be?

foodcoats

#2605 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:37 pm

@Espresso do you have nothing more to say at this juncture?

BunnyGo

#2606 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:31 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

I don't think all 4 scum would be on yuuki. At least one is likely on a smaller wagon or not yet voted.

EP

foodcoats

#2607 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:05 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm
foodcoats wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

EP
EP is on yuuki.

Do you think the scum team is me, EP, Tem and Kalel? What I'm saying is that, beyond knowing that one of those (me) is town, in general I don't think it is likely that all four scum would ever pile on one player that way. Do you agree with that idea? If so, who do you think is least likely to be scum on the wagon and/or who might be scum instead?

Also, I notice you said everyone on the Maniac wagon is town. I'm now wondering about how brainbomb pushed that Fox was scum for not reacting to brain's fake-track push on rivera. Fox jumped in very quickly to defend him/herself, but played off the reaction test itself, which I'm starting to realize is actually a very good observation on brain's part. What do you think of that interaction? How confident are you that Foxcastle is town?

foodcoats

#2608 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm
the fact you showed no eureka signs your roleblocker had been caught. no moments of "told ya so"

thats what nailed you
I had rdrivera as a gut scum read and hadn't been pushing him because I've been trying to look other places. I hardly felt the need to dur-dur all over the thread with information people knew.
This seems like a fake comment because Fox hasn't been looking anywhere. The below two posts are the first place I think Fox has done any kind of "looking" whatsoever and they came after the fake-track event:
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:42 pm
Dargo, you seem quiet and unobtrusive. Did you roll scum twice in a row?
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:41 pm
Did I miss something specific where BunnyGo and Kalel glommed on to Damo like lost lambs? https://i.imgur.com/h0nS9b3.gif
It's kind of like brain succeeded in drawing Fox to play. Fox was self-admittedly lurking the thread, for who knows how long.

Overall I am thinking this makes me keep my scumread on Fox, and bump rdr to townlean. Scum!rdr would have a role that would almost undoubtedly have been used - with the exception of rdr being the RB and taking no action, and Fox being ninja/janitor/collector and claiming RB for example.

Jamiet99uk

#2609 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:41 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:58 pm
First .. busy some of you aren't reading the thread. I said I was not around much till Monday. I said I was driving. Fwiw I had the sudden chance to spend my son's thirtieth birthday with him. That seemed more important EVEN than avengers mafia.

Second I am glad some of you aren't my neighbors.

Third, while disappointed in the result of Jamie's shot, I follow his logic.

Fourth, I wonder if brain was imitating rocket at the end. He seemed so reasonable earlier.

Fifth, why are people clearing kits?

Sixth, I doubt I'll be on at eod. But it would behoove us to be decisive. Keeping my vote on EP. I would vote for maniac today. If I get on and see a good train on him I will join.

Finally, sheep Jamie or xorxes.
Do NOT sheep me. I have been totally wrong twice already. Sheep Xorxes if you must sheep a townclear.

BunnyGo

#2610 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:05 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

EP
EP is on yuuki.

Do you think the scum team is me, EP, Tem and Kalel? What I'm saying is that, beyond knowing that one of those (me) is town, in general I don't think it is likely that all four scum would ever pile on one player that way. Do you agree with that idea? If so, who do you think is least likely to be scum on the wagon and/or who might be scum instead?

Also, I notice you said everyone on the Maniac wagon is town. I'm now wondering about how brainbomb pushed that Fox was scum for not reacting to brain's fake-track push on rivera. Fox jumped in very quickly to defend him/herself, but played off the reaction test itself, which I'm starting to realize is actually a very good observation on brain's part. What do you think of that interaction? How confident are you that Foxcastle is town?
Not knowing the meta on BB I think it’s likely that Fox was just taking BB with a grain of salt. I still think the claim they made is likely valid and town lean them.

foodcoats

#2611 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 pm

I just remembered Maniac counterclaiming vig... maybe not scum actually.

@Maniac what are your current reads?

foodcoats

#2612 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:53 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:05 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

EP
EP is on yuuki.

Not knowing the meta on BB I think it’s likely that Fox was just taking BB with a grain of salt. I still think the claim they made is likely valid and town lean them.
Hmmm yeah that's fair.

BunnyGo

#2613 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Basically I value the soft RB claim until I have compelling reason not to. I can conceive of situations where I would, but they have not occurred yet.

BunnyGo

#2614 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:11 pm

So for now, I see one confirmed town and one soft claim town on Maniac. I lean town on Damo too, but his vig hunting was fishy.

BunnyGo

#2615 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Anything to add @maniac?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2616 Post by KalelChase » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Small chance I won't be back on in 4 hours. I'm switching from my yuuki (absent) vote to Espresso (conflicting Bozo, and scum vibe)... just in case I wont be back and to increase the gap for the SK (in the very off chance that Thanos has to stones).

I try not to look to hard into who's on the wagon, but the top three have someone I trust in them (Jamie/Bunny, Food, Xorxex/Damo(?)) so I may move around towards 5pm (central).

##Vote Espresso

BunnyGo

#2617 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm

So @food, can I convince you to not vote yuuki yet? His posts about being busy seem honest. If he doesn’t catch up by end of weekend, try again? But look at the company you’re keeping.

foodcoats

#2618 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Hey damo, what was it that made you shift your read on Maniac? In the below post Maniac is an important part of your possible teams and gets your vote, but previously you had said they are surely town because of the jokey vig counterclaim (p105), and in your reads list (p124) you had them basically null.

What made you make this slide from town!Maniac to scum!Maniac?
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:34 pm
OK got it

Scumteam is either:

A) EP Maniac sulit and yuuki or

B) dargo Maniac sulit Neph or

c) 3 from B plus either Tem or yuuki

Maniac and sulit 10 possible teams
yuuki dargo Neph 9
Tem 8
EP 1

##vote Maniac

foodcoats

#2619 Post by foodcoats » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm
So @food, can I convince you to not vote yuuki yet? His posts about being busy seem honest. If he doesn’t catch up by end of weekend, try again? But look at the company you’re keeping.
I was going to say that I feel pretty good about the other people on the yuuki wagon, but I really don't like what Kalel just posted above:
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm
Small chance I won't be back on in 4 hours. I'm switching from my yuuki (absent) vote to Espresso (conflicting Bozo, and scum vibe)... just in case I wont be back and to increase the gap for the SK (in the very off chance that Thanos has to stones).

I try not to look to hard into who's on the wagon, but the top three have someone I trust in them (Jamie/Bunny, Food, Xorxex/Damo(?)) so I may move around towards 5pm (central).

##Vote Espresso
Suuuper scummy.

Honestly my vote isn't on yuuki because they're lurking. It's because they're scummy. I've explained why elsewhere.

One thing that really bothers me is that the guests watching the forum steadily dropped off. This means to me that scum is checking in and is chill with what's happening.

Hmm...

I'm just zapped on this one.

##VOTE KalelChase

BunnyGo

#2620 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm

You think I’m very wrong about EP? I really wish Jamie had shot him instead of BB (as annoying as BB was that would have been a more meaningful flip).