MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: @Worcej

#741 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 pm
Worcej: In light of my comments, I want you to persuade me that your "Who would you NK?" thing was town motivated.

Get this right, Woecej, if you're town, or there will be consequences.
There is never consequences with you.

The point was to reaction test you ding dong, here are the results:
  1. I would kill bozo for his solving skills.
  2. EMC would kill whoever looked like a PR.
  3. Damo would kill xorxes unless he was on his team.
  4. Maniac would kill a PR and wondered if I've ever played.
  5. Kistune would kill brain.
  6. Xorxes brought up the logic of food dying last game, but did not indicate who he would kill now.
The other 16 did not respond to the question. Some reacted to it though:
  1. Jamie freaked out like he normally does. Usually it's because some lied about something, this time it was my question.
  2. Darg didn't like me doing something and stating I was doing it without explaining it.
  3. Bunny wasn't against my question and saw some sort of value out of it. Responded to Jamie's wall of freakout.
  4. Food also responded saw the reaction test and did comment he initially thought it was weird.
  5. EP also saw the reaction test and thought Jamie was over the top and could spin my question any way towards PR fishing.
That drops the list of people who didn't engage with it to the following:
  1. yuuki - who is MIA from the game
  2. Brain - who is surprisingly quiet atm
  3. Neph - no real comment atm
  4. Vapor - I still find him weird and the same old vapor...
  5. bozo - focusing on his list and generating his own responses
  6. rdr - Doing his own thing, usually ignores me anyways
  7. Fox - Also ignores me, unless he scums me and goes all-in tunneling
  8. Temasek - No impression
  9. Kalel - New, not much of an impression atm
  10. Chaqa - ever the lurker atm
My theory is some of the scum would dodge this question intentionally. My guess is at least 2/4 are probably inside the 10 in the above list. Striking yuuki out, that leaves 9 people to look at for a D1 vote.

I believe that should be enough for you Jamie, point your 'threat' at someone else.

Temasek22

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#742 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:41 am
Catching up, catching up, don't expect much of anything from here until tomorrow lol, going to blatantly pull the vaguely scummy not-here card for a bit longer

sorry
EMC you're killing me! Going to make me defend you for a third game straight...

FWIW, he really has been absent. We had to pause the Coalition game and I haven't talked to him in a few days, so while it's NAI, he isn't lying about being gone.
I assume the "he" and "him" here is me? I unfortunately had to pause the coalition game due to IRL stuff previously :(

Kitsune

#743 Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm

##vote bozotheclown

Sorry guys. I did go to bed, but happily I’m awake again and restless enough that I followed up on the thread.

I still don’t feel I have enough real evidence to be pointing the finger at anyone, but working with the only thing we have - everyone’s communications - I’ve been trying to go off what Fox said. Except he’s now saying he doesn’t know what I’m talking about so let me summarize as well as I can what I think he said.

I believe it was off the back of one of BunnyGo’s comments and Fox (unless I’m misremembering who said it) said that he remembered how hard it was for new players to form an opinion based on an existing community meta they had no experience with. So removing himself from his meta perspective for a second we had judging based on two heuristic criteria:

1. Did the player appear to be trying to control the narrative, to shape how the judgements were being made so they could steer suspicion away from themselves or their allies (although someone - Nepthys or Jamie I think) later said that this would frequently flag an investigating town peep too, so the second criteria was better).
2. Did the player appear to be trying to keep a low profile, trying to blend into the flow of conversation without making any meaningful contributions to help develop the investigation.

In the absence of any meaningful meta information to work with - yes guys I’m sure it’s there but I only catch glimpses of it and I refuse to commit heavily against a possible lynch based on anyone’s judgement but mine, right or wrong.

Anyway I’ll be asleep again shortly but hmu in the meantime if you have any questions or I can help.

worcej

#744 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:55 pm
I don't feel that it's very toxic. Feels pretty alkaline to me.
Better than everyone being basic.
This caused me physical pain
hehehe... You're welcome.

worcej

#745 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:52 pm
A few points

worcej, Tom Bombadil's excellence during M(insert correct number, probably 41) was something that only happens once every 500 mafia games, shooting scum one after another. It was my first game, of course he was memorable. As for that physical aspect compliment, it has been drilled into our skulls how GMs are handsome.

foodcoats, I'll explain why 4 scum seem 'few'. I'm mostly used to hearing about 5+ team, it was a new thing to hear about. I should have treated SK as a filthy enemy because that's what he is. Him not being explicitly part of mafia tricked my mind into considering him less dangerous. My fault

xorxes, can I suggest that you should not tinfoil on me based on dargo's opinion? He's a player that's not familiar with my style and he's not able to grasp any of my motives
Tom Bomb's play was impressive, but he wasn't the gun that did the executing. Darg got 4/6 of the scum team until you surrendered early, which was unfortunate because I legit think you could've won that game for your team - no one was scumming you at the time.

Temasek22

#746 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm
##vote bozotheclown

Sorry guys. I did go to bed, but happily I’m awake again and restless enough that I followed up on the thread.

I still don’t feel I have enough real evidence to be pointing the finger at anyone, but working with the only thing we have - everyone’s communications - I’ve been trying to go off what Fox said. Except he’s now saying he doesn’t know what I’m talking about so let me summarize as well as I can what I think he said.

I believe it was off the back of one of BunnyGo’s comments and Fox (unless I’m misremembering who said it) said that he remembered how hard it was for new players to form an opinion based on an existing community meta they had no experience with. So removing himself from his meta perspective for a second we had judging based on two heuristic criteria:

1. Did the player appear to be trying to control the narrative, to shape how the judgements were being made so they could steer suspicion away from themselves or their allies (although someone - Nepthys or Jamie I think) later said that this would frequently flag an investigating town peep too, so the second criteria was better).
2. Did the player appear to be trying to keep a low profile, trying to blend into the flow of conversation without making any meaningful contributions to help develop the investigation.

In the absence of any meaningful meta information to work with - yes guys I’m sure it’s there but I only catch glimpses of it and I refuse to commit heavily against a possible lynch based on anyone’s judgement but mine, right or wrong.

Anyway I’ll be asleep again shortly but hmu in the meantime if you have any questions or I can help.
Hey, at least you're better off than I am! I had zero time (importan presentation IRL on Friday before realising school is to be cancelled on Friday due to unhealthy levels of haze), zero experience of being town on this site prior to this and zero knowledge of meta :(

Vaporwave

#747 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Kitsune is what a true newbie should look like. Innocent, inquisitive and willing to cooperate.

You can't fake this unless you're a master of acting skills. Kit mentioned playing mafia f2f and this being his 1st online game.

There's nothing odd about having him confidently as town

Kitsune

#748 Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I digressed. Meant to say that with no/low meta to work with I was judging based on those two criteria. All ears to anyone else who wants to add to my knowledge of what to look for within the scope of this game.

Anyway, night again.

worcej

#749 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 pm
Holy men:
bomb - Kitsune - Nephthys (new entry) - worcej (new) - xorxes

Early first impressions were cool, but now I feel a bit displeased with their absence:
bozo - damo - e.m.c - rivera

Could be anything:
BG - Chaqa - Fox - KalelC - Maniac - ND - Temasek

As crooked as one can be:
dargo - Espresso - foodcoats
Can I inquire into why I became a town read for you?

brainbomb

#750 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:03 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 pm
Current reads

Scum

Espresso
Jamie
Food
Bozo

Town

Brain
Xorx
EMC
I will take this as your input, please edit my survey results if you change your mind. Also, why so negative on the survey idea when you had already provided exactly 4 scum reads yourself?

scum survey:
bozo: Vapor, emc, rdrivera, Nephthys
BunnyGo: emc, Kalel, bozo, brainbomb
Nephthys: brainbomb, xorxes, emc, bozo

Did you just put his townreads as scumreads?

worcej

#751 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:10 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am
Why is Jamie town? he hasnt screamed at anyone yet or demanded a writ of habeaus corpus
Not true, he's been gunning at me.

Temasek22

#752 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:07 pm
I digressed. Meant to say that with no/low meta to work with I was judging based on those two criteria. All ears to anyone else who wants to add to my knowledge of what to look for within the scope of this game.

Anyway, night again.
Unrelated, but what's your timezone? It's night here too, and barely any other players on this site have similar timezones.

worcej

#753 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:11 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 am
I would like to try something that showed promising results in M47 and have everyone list 4 players they think are the most likely to be scum. You do not have to give reasons, and ignore the SK for now. I will start: Vapor, emc, rdrivera, Nephthys.
Hmmm.... rdr, Kalel, Darg, EMC

Temasek22

#754 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am
Why is Jamie town? he hasnt screamed at anyone yet or demanded a writ of habeaus corpus
Does he not scream at anyone as scum?

brainbomb

#756 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 pm

ND and chaqa bussing each other..
now THAT would be interesting.

reading chaqas reasons for voting ND and how ND reacted. beither seems sincere at all

maybe this is simple
ND, Chaqa both scum

Vaporwave

#757 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:02 pm
Tom Bomb's play was impressive, but he wasn't the gun that did the executing. Darg got 4/6 of the scum team until you surrendered early
[/quote]

:o you mean this game's dargo :shock: I completely forgot he was the main hero. Jamie, bomb, xorxes, Moscow and the rare featuring of peterlund. All wiped by a town ability, most brutal game of all time.
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:08 pm
Can I inquire into why I became a town read for you?
[/quote]

that question of who would one choose to NK, I can't picture a scum being
interested in who would town pick for NKs, it's seem so pointless

so yer town together with xorxes

Vaporwave

#758 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:19 pm

NOOOO

Ok, so this game has been polluted with misquotes everywhere, I thought it wouldn't happen to me but it appears that

No one is safe

brainbomb

#759 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:23 pm

CHAQA REASONING FOR VOTING ND
Chaqa
Day-1 25:26
page 27 / orig 27 goddamn pages... alright I’m caught up but I definitely skimmed a bit. Some things that stick in my mind:

- Vapor claiming VT = bad
- xorxes and Jamiet seem very town
- I missed brain
- ND = bad because I hate when people play “roles” like Vecna does

- KalEl joking too much is scummy

##Vote ND for now

Chaqa
Day-1 24:04
page 29 / orig
↑xorxes: "Yikes. Weren't you a fan of Vecna's shenanigans, or am I completely misremembering?

I can easily see ND as scum here, b..."

No, if you look at the Gladiator game, I was vehemently against ND and Jamiet's Roman shenanigans to the point of threatening to quit over them. Fuck that shit.

So far I am liking Kitsune as town as well.

@ND - meh, idc about anything you think ever

ND reactions to being voted by (1) person -Chaqa-
ND
Day-1 25:13
page 27 / orig Bye

##vote Chaqa

His vote was completely baloney.

ND
Day-1 25:10
page 27 / orig Anyone policy voting someone from something they said page two is a straight up retard or scum.

ND
Day-1 25:09
page 27 / orig Jesus Christ what a lump of stupid 😡
this seems all fake to me

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#760 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:41 am
Catching up, catching up, don't expect much of anything from here until tomorrow lol, going to blatantly pull the vaguely scummy not-here card for a bit longer

sorry
EMC you're killing me! Going to make me defend you for a third game straight...

FWIW, he really has been absent. We had to pause the Coalition game and I haven't talked to him in a few days, so while it's NAI, he isn't lying about being gone.
I assume the "he" and "him" here is me? I unfortunately had to pause the coalition game due to IRL stuff previously :(
Different Coalition game, actually. The one we play in Discord. Nothing to do with the Coalition game I’m neglecting 😅