Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#1 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:10 pm

INTRODUCTION & STANDARD RULES

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of this particular game for town is to lynch a mafia member. The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

=====
RULES
=====

1) The GMs reserve the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at his or her discretion.
2) All players are forbidden from posting screenshots of their role PMs.
3) All players are forbidden from using encryption unless explicitly allowed by the setup.
4) All players are forbidden from using non-sanctioned PMing.
5) All spectators and players who have been eliminated are forbidden from posting on all in-game QT threads.
6) All players are forbidden from cheating.
7) All players are required to play to win and are not allowed to attempt to sabotage their team - however, seemingly self-sabotaging actions may be allowed as long as there is an endgame plan that is aiming for a win.
8) Players and/or teams may not concede the game in public. You can most certainly try to concede, or fake concede publicly, but the GM's will ignore it.
9) No players or spectators may +1 a player's post. However, +1'ing the GMs will make them smile :)
10) All players must follow the typical webDiplomacy rules and forum rules.
11) Any issues, concerns, or complaints should be directed toward the GMs only. For concerns that require escalation beyond the GMs, contact the moderators.
12) Violations of these rules may carry a penalty at the discretion of the GMs.

=============
ELABORATION
=============

0) Given a lack of omniscience, the GM cannot create a rule to resolve all possible scenarios pre-emptively. To compensate for this, the GM is permitted to resolve a given scenario however they see fit, within the remit of the rules listed above, in the interest of all participants. The GM will resolve all scenarios as closely as possible to the intention of the rules, and will present an explanation regarding the adjudication to the greatest possible detail (which does not compromise anything in-game) and as closely in accordance with the written rules as possible.

1) You MUST cast a vote during the final voting phase. During each “day”, or operation phase, every player MUST make at least two game-related posts. The GMs will use reasonable discretion when applying this rule.

2) All role PMs have been posted in the setup information. The point of this rule is to forbid "gaming" the role PMs to determine alignments; after all, the fun of this game is reading people, not outguessing the GM.

===============
Setup Info
===============

Instead of having “day” and night phases, in this game there are only “operation” phases. Each operation lasts for 24 hours, and will be announced by the GMs - the only information shown will be the “action” and the “player”. The game starts off with two operations. Once all operations are over, there will be one 48 hour voting phase, in which players will try to decide the game. In the event that there is a tie, the voting phase will be merely extended by another 24 hours. The voting phase may be hammered at anytime.

===============

3 x Mafia
5 x Town

The role PMs include 2 parts, faction and operation:

Faction part has two types:

For mafia:
“You are a member of M.A.F.I.A., the enemy agency. You successfully leaked the Agency , but detected. You need to convince them that one of their own members is the infiltrator, and you and other M.A.F.I.A. agents are innocent. Those other M.A.F.I.A. members are [mafia_1] and [mafia_2]. Because it's too dangerous to contact, you can't communicate with other M.A.F.I.A. members.”

For town:
“You are a loyal member of Agency, a very important establishment for the nation. You get intelligence about INFILTRATORS leaked in Agency. You have to recognise them, and interrogate them to learn other members. Catching one is enough to overcome them.”

Operation part has multiple types:

● Old Photos : You get several photos depicting 2 randomly picked players
together working for the same faction at the start of the game. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase.

● Confession : You want to confess to a player chosen by you. Who you choose is revealed to all players but only chosen player will learn your role. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase. You can choose the name you want to confess until the 24 hours are over.

● Secret Intel: You choose two players and focus your research on them. You
finally learn if at least one of these 2 players is working with mafia. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase. You can choose the names you want to focus on until the 24 hours are over.

● Danish* Intelligence: Denmark branch of agency reaches the past of two
agents and tells you about them. However your Danish isn't very good and
you don't understand what they say exactly. Only things you know are two
names and the fact one of them is mafia and one is town. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase.
(*If this operation is rolled to multiple players, we can change the nation in each player to add flavour more fun. The Danish branch was in the original setup.)

● Anonymous Tip: You are informed about one of the players, by an unknown
source that knew about these players at the start of the game. Now you know who they were at the start of the game: mafia or town. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase.

● Hidden Agenda : You receive a mail including your new orders. Others don't
see what you received. It can be one of the following:**

= Grudge: You learn the player who involved the complo your father
died. You now hate them with all your heart and your only win condition
is making them lynched from now on.

= Infatuation: You fall madly in love with one of the players. Now your
only win condition is making them win regardless they share the same
alignment with you.
= Deep Cover: You prepare a conspiracy with your superiors to let you
escape from death and escape from all these factions. You can go to
your secret house in Miami and stop worrying. Now you only win when
you are lynched.

= Sleeper cell: You actually were a sleeper cell in other agency and it's
time to be back in your real agency. You switch sides. Mafia to town, or
vice versa.

= Secret Tip: You learn another players role.

You can perform your operation on the [related phase].

(**Hidden agenda has several different possibilities. The operation is announced to all players normally, but in hidden agenda they only learn it is “hidden agenda". The content is secret all but the player holding the operation. It can be only one of the operations named under “Hidden Agenda” as stated in role PMs. Hidden agenda may change a player’s win condition and even the alignment.)

Example role PM:
“You are a loyal member of Agency, a very important establishment for the nation. You get intelligence about INFILTRATORS leaked in Agency. You have to recognise them, and interrogate them to learn other members. Catching one is enough to overcome them.

Hidden Agenda: Sleeper Cell: You actually were a sleeper cell in other agency and it's
time to be back in your real agency. You switch sides. Mafia to town, or
vice versa.”

NOTE: Like seen in the example, switching sides doesn't give you the names so even if it becomes 4-4 the game continues.

====================
Player and Operations List
====================
xorxes - Confession
yuuki - Secret intel
brainbomb - Anonymous tip
EspressoPatronum - Confession
damo666 - Old photos
RagingIke297 - Confession
rdrivera2005 - Hidden Agenda
bozotheclown - Old photos
=====================

yavuzovic

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#2 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Agents, you are gathered here for an important announcement. The secret organisation of Agency is under the threat of M.A.F.I.A. They infiltrated Agency, and we’ve successfully detected 3 agents - but couldn’t recognise them due to the fake identities they used. We had to take action. We’ve prepared a schedule and assigned you to different operations to find the infiltrators. Everyone was informed about their operations. Good luck agents!

-Mister Y.V.

p.s. I’m in the Miami house, come over once everything’s over ;) - E.M.C.

yavuzovic

#3 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:12 pm

GAME HAS STARTED, YOU CAN NOW POST.

yavuzovic

#4 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:23 pm

PHASE 1:
The starting phase, in contrast with other phases, includes two operations:
  • Xorxes - Confession
  • Yuuki - Secret Intel
Confession : You want to confess to a player chosen by you. Who you choose is revealed to all players but only chosen player will learn your role. The choice will be announced as soon as it's chosen.

Secret Intel: You choose two players and focus your research on them. You
finally learn if at least one of these 2 players is working with mafia.

yuuki

#5 Post by yuuki » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Do we have a joke post hour here? I don't know what to do yet

RagingIke297

#6 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:10 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm
Do we have a joke post hour here? I don't know what to do yet
I mean, I'm not reading my role pm

RagingIke297

#7 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Wait, so right me if I'm wrong, but if RDR gets a change sides and he's town to scum, it's 4-4, so every single town person will need to vote scum in order to win because theyll obviously consolidate??

yuuki

#8 Post by yuuki » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:40 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 pm
Wait, so right me if I'm wrong, but if RDR gets a change sides and he's town to scum, it's 4-4, so every single town person will need to vote scum in order to win because theyll obviously consolidate??
I think rdr wouldn't know who his teammates are though, unless mafia risks confessing to rd but that seems awfully risky

yuuki

#9 Post by yuuki » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:41 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:40 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 pm
I think rdr wouldn't know who his teammates are though, unless mafia risks confessing to rd but that seems awfully risky
and it would require mafia having the confession power

yuuki

#10 Post by yuuki » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:45 pm

The first question here is if rd gets the get lynched wincon and he gets lynched and he wins, can town or mafia still win depending on his alignment? Or does rd win by himself?

The second question is if rd has a hidden mafia alignment, is lynching him enough to win?

The third question is if rd has a hidden town alignment and we townies lynch town by mistake, do we still insta-lose or do we get an extra phase?

yavuzovic

#11 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:45 pm
The first question here is if rd gets the get lynched wincon and he gets lynched and he wins, can town or mafia still win depending on his alignment? Or does rd win by himself?

The second question is if rd has a hidden mafia alignment, is lynching him enough to win?

The third question is if rd has a hidden town alignment and we townies lynch town by mistake, do we still insta-lose or do we get an extra phase?
GM NOTE:
Get lynched wincon doesn't change the alignment, if lynched opposing alignment would win.

I didn't understand what you mean by hidden mafia or town.

yavuzovic

#12 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:00 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 pm
GM NOTE:
Get lynched wincon doesn't change the alignment, if lynched opposing alignment would win.
As well as the lynched also wins.

yuuki

#13 Post by yuuki » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 pm
yuuki wrote:

GM NOTE:

I didn't understand what you mean by hidden mafia or town.
If rd gets the sleeper cell as his hidden agenda it means he changes his alignment so he would end up with the opposite alignment to the one he starts with so either he is mafia and is flipped to town (hidden town) to make it 6 - 2 or he is town and is flipped to mafia (hidden mafia) to make it 4 - 4

yavuzovic

#14 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:26 pm

The final alignment of the lynched determines the game result.

bozotheclown

#15 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:51 pm

It is interesting that there are 3 players with the confession operation. Since that means there is a good chance at least one mafia has the confession operation, and their target is revealed, I think we should vote on who the confession targets should be rather than let the players choose on their own. If the players goes against the voted target, they will have to have a good explanation as to why they are not mafia choosing another mafia to confess to.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#16 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:02 pm

yuuki wrote:

I am feeling embarrassed with all this attention.

bozotheclown

#17 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 pm

It might be a good idea to vote on the secret intel targets also.

xorxes and yuuki, are you OK with a majority vote determining your targets?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#18 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:07 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:51 pm
It is interesting that there are 3 players with the confession operation. Since that means there is a good chance at least one mafia has the confession operation, and their target is revealed, I think we should vote on who the confession targets should be rather than let the players choose on their own. If the players goes against the voted target, they will have to have a good explanation as to why they are not mafia choosing another mafia to confess to.
Agree and we can also vote for the secret Intel targets.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:11 pm

And considering that the hidden agenda generated a lot of questions I still don't know what is my hidden agenda, only on day 6 I will know it.

bozotheclown

#20 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:28 pm

The way I see it, if the confession target says xorxes is town, xorxes can only be mafia if his target is mafia also. If the confession target says xorxes is mafia, exactly one of xorxes and his target are mafia (xorxes xor target).