MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yuuki

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2521 Post by yuuki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 pm
yuuki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:52 pm
This is also the reason why worcej claim is so bad. And why we should give serious consideration to a town-driven challenge today. BG can't protect both Chaqa and worcej tonight. We might as well use a gladiator challenge while we can. And choose it by voting.

##CHALLENGE PERCY
We will 100% have the gladiator challenge still tomorrow, they cannot be killed if vapour is telling the truth.
Aren't there two challenges?

Percy Williams

Abuse the subject line why don't ya?

#2522 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:42 am
I Townread:
Jamiet
Yuuki
That new Cara guy
Vapourwave
If these guys are scum, I give up.
Give us your top four scumreads, Percy. Right now.
I'm always even worse at scumreads, but here goes:
Chaqa
Worcej
Xorxes
One of Nephthys/Vecna

e.m.c^42

Re: Abuse the subject line why don't ya?

#2523 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Percy Williams wrote:
I Townread:
Jamiet
Yuuki
That new Cara guy
Vapourwave
Chaqa
Worcej
Xorxes
One of Nephthys/Vecna
What.

e.m.c^42

#2524 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Do you really think that they're fake claiming lol

yuuki

#2525 Post by yuuki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:12 pm
yuuki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am
Percy Williams wrote:
I Townread:
Jamiet
Yuuki
That new Cara guy
Vapourwave
It took 117 pages for you to post reads for the first time and you post this crap?
Just because I'm objectively terrible, doesn't mean I'm scum. I assure you Yuuki, my play is consistently atrocious.
What sort of defence is this? just because you are consistently a bad player we shouldn't lynch you? either step up and play a good game or you are going down.

How about posting a full reads list with actual opinions?

damo666

#2526 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Given that any scum lynch results in worc's death, wouldn't the smart thing today be to actually have a Gladiator challenge, because the Thumbs Down cannot be used during it? We could have worc or the other Gladiator challenge scum and then there's no chance that worc dies.
And how would they know they are challenging scum?

Percy Williams

#2527 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 pm

yuuki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm
To everybody saying the only case against Percy is that he is lurking please read his ISO.

D1 he just basically keeps promising he is going to be gold or beter this game and then he just gives excuses for why he hasn't. He promises a reads list that he still has yet to give.

D2 he does nothing. Nothing!

D3 he posts very weak defenses by basically saying he cannot be pressured to be active and that his absence is unrelated to the game. The question here is why are his posts whenever present so bad? He has written a lot more than Carambola and posted a lot more, yet he has much less content.

Summary:
Half his posts are jokes. The other half are him just saying things that have happened without actually saying what he thinks those things mean. He has been the hedgiest, most useless townie, and on top of that has parked his vote both days on town and disappeared (Demon who we now know is town and on Chaqa who is alleged town unless we get a CC).
Clearly you have not done your research on me. I'm a big a fan of jokes, and I held off at the beginning, because I missed the joke phase, and honestly was a little insecure and worried that you guys didn't enjoy my jokes. So As soon as I received Confirmation someone did, I posted my catch up naturally, instead of stifling my comments. It only looks like I suddenly tried to be a clown, because there is no one else on when I am, so all my posts become a block. That line about gold at the beginning was facetious I also have a different time zone, and unfortunate schedule that makes it nigh impossible to make EOD. I generally place one vote early, and stick to it, because that is who I think is scum.

Percy Williams

#2528 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm already probably going to be late, don't lynch me your sake, not mine. I don't claim that I should be excused from all scrutiny ever since I'm bad, but I don't want to be mislynched.
##vote Xorxes

Vecna

#2529 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm

The adrenaline gladiator and survivor should both claim.

Were gonna need to initiate some gladiator fights today it looks like. Scum will cc now or forever hold their breath.

This also means we want to eradicate any possibility of gladiating the survivor. Survivor, if you just claim now, honestly, we will never lynch you. Scum will also never kill you, theyd be idiotic. If you do not claim now, and we waste a gladiator charge on you somehow, we will not know whether it was you or the emperor causing this. Which means we will lynch you. Theres no point in you hiding. It just means youre in the lynchpool and might have to claim at some point, which will make it look like youre scum to us. Avoid this, please.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2530 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Given that any scum lynch results in worc's death, wouldn't the smart thing today be to actually have a Gladiator challenge, because the Thumbs Down cannot be used during it? We could have worc or the other Gladiator challenge scum and then there's no chance that worc dies.
There's never a guarantee, but if we pair it with a massclaim, it's our best shot. Basically, our options today:

Option 1 - lynch normally. If we hit scum, the scum will vote worc and Judge will thumbs down him, and we've lost our Reward Gladiator. If we hit town, it's a mislynch.

Option 2 - vote no lynch. At night, Reward Gladiator is safe, and can't be killed unless Vapor is lying about being stabbed. If Vapor turns out to have been lying, we lynch him and have essentially traded the Reward Gladiator for a scum. Not the best, not the worst.

Option 3 - challenge someone as determined by a group of like Vecna, me, and worc, and Vapor. Then we vote for the person not doing the challenge. If it's scum, thumbs up may happen. If not, we lynch a scum. If it's town, then it's a mislynch, but that isn't the worst outcome today.

****Note - there is also the possibility worc is the Survivor.

damo666

#2531 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 pm
yuuki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm
To everybody saying the only case against Percy is that he is lurking please read his ISO.

D1 he just basically keeps promising he is going to be gold or beter this game and then he just gives excuses for why he hasn't. He promises a reads list that he still has yet to give.

D2 he does nothing. Nothing!

D3 he posts very weak defenses by basically saying he cannot be pressured to be active and that his absence is unrelated to the game. The question here is why are his posts whenever present so bad? He has written a lot more than Carambola and posted a lot more, yet he has much less content.

Summary:
Half his posts are jokes. The other half are him just saying things that have happened without actually saying what he thinks those things mean. He has been the hedgiest, most useless townie, and on top of that has parked his vote both days on town and disappeared (Demon who we now know is town and on Chaqa who is alleged town unless we get a CC).
Clearly you have not done your research on me. I'm a big a fan of jokes, and I held off at the beginning, because I missed the joke phase, and honestly was a little insecure and worried that you guys didn't enjoy my jokes. So As soon as I received Confirmation someone did, I posted my catch up naturally, instead of stifling my comments. It only looks like I suddenly tried to be a clown, because there is no one else on when I am, so all my posts become a block. That line about gold at the beginning was facetious I also have a different time zone, and unfortunate schedule that makes it nigh impossible to make EOD. I generally place one vote early, and stick to it, because that is who I think is scum.
This looks like scum code to me.

##vote Percy

Jamiet99uk

Re: Abuse the subject line why don't ya?

#2532 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Percy Williams wrote:
I Townread:
Jamiet
Yuuki
That new Cara guy
Vapourwave
Chaqa
Worcej
Xorxes
One of Nephthys/Vecna
Let's get this straight:

You think Chaqa is fakeclaiming Lazy Cop,
AND You think Worcej is fakeclaiming Reward Gladiator.

With no CC in either case.

That is your reading of the situation, Percy, yes??

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator 2: Electric Boogaloo - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2533 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 pm

I concur with Vecna. Time for the massclaim, or as much as we can. A gladiator match needs to happen today, and at this point, I think it should be firmly pointed at Cara. Go look at Hosuke's ISO and he interacts with him SO MUCH compared to both their relative activity levels.

e.m.c^42

#2534 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Reread the opening thread, worcej claiming actually isn't that bad, since emperor can only use thumbs down on a wagon, yeah? So assuming Vapor is dead and stabbed, there's no way for for him to die for the rest of the game, unless scum sacrifice someone to vote for him

Jamiet99uk

#2535 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Claims so far:

Xorxes: NOT survivor
Chaqa: Lazy Cop
Jamiet: Lesser Gladiator
Temasek: Lesser Gladiator
Percy: Village Idiot

Jamiet99uk

#2536 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Woecej: Reward Gladiator

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2537 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:43 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm
Reread the opening thread, worcej claiming actually isn't that bad, since emperor can only use thumbs down on a wagon, yeah? So assuming Vapor is dead and stabbed, there's no way for for him to die for the rest of the game, unless scum sacrifice someone to vote for him
Think this through a little bit EMC. Let's say we have every person in town voting for someone somehow, and that person is scum and votes worcej.

Even though it's now like 15-1, the Judge can thumbs down the 1 (worc) and save the scum on lynch.

Jamiet99uk

#2538 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:43 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Reread the recent pages.
I said this already and Vecna discussed it with me.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2539 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
There's never a guarantee, but if we pair it with a massclaim, it's our best shot. Basically, our options today:

Option 1 - lynch normally. If we hit scum, the scum will vote worc and Judge will thumbs down him, and we've lost our Reward Gladiator. If we hit town, it's a mislynch.

Option 2 - vote no lynch. At night, Reward Gladiator is safe, and can't be killed unless Vapor is lying about being stabbed. If Vapor turns out to have been lying, we lynch him and have essentially traded the Reward Gladiator for a scum. Not the best, not the worst.

Option 3 - challenge someone as determined by a group of like Vecna, me, and worc, and Vapor. Then we vote for the person not doing the challenge. If it's scum, thumbs up may happen. If not, we lynch a scum. If it's town, then it's a mislynch, but that isn't the worst outcome today.

****Note - there is also the possibility worc is the Survivor.
Option 2 isn't happening. The goon will just vote Worcej and he will be thumbed down.

I think challenging is probably the best option here, but choosing the target is key and we need to be sure it isn't a scum challenge.

damo666

#2540 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:43 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Think this through a little bit EMC. Let's say we have every person in town voting for someone somehow, and that person is scum and votes worcej.

Even though it's now like 15-1, the Judge can thumbs down the 1 (worc) and save the scum on lynch.
What was the point of this post?