MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Carambola

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3041 Post by Carambola » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 pm

I was finally able to catch up.

Oh Lord. What have you done?

The first thing I did was to go to the last page, and there was a voting, totally lopsided. No hurry to vote there. Plus, a request for whoever can CC worcej. Me, HAVING CLAIMED ON DAY 1 AND FORCED TO CLAIM AGAIN ON DAY 2 BECAUSE YOU DID NOT REMEMBER, well, I thought it was not my business any CC. That’s why I dived into the thread to catch up. Of course, I did not realized the time was coming to an end, I am neither in North America nor in Europe, so I messed up the timing, my bad. Still, I have claimed already, and I was not random voting without reading what was that about.

I am with those who think this could have being a secure town victory with the proper strategy. Sadly, that boat has sailed.

Please, dear collective intelligent if there is one, or dear personal intelligence in case that existed in the thread and I was just too dumb to find, can you enlighten our steps with the bright torch of a well thought strategy to bring us townies the promised scum-free land?
Hoping to hear good ideas (yeah, yeah, there were some of those in the thread, but we are now in a different position)...

Vecna

#3042 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 pm

My final thoughts are all bitter, you wouldnt like them.

Too much thought went into formulating a winning strategy. The scumpool is lurking too much to really make any meaningful distinction anyway.

Shouldve listened when the opportunity was there.

worcej

#3043 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Carambola wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 pm

The first thing I did was to go to the last page, and there was a voting, totally lopsided. No hurry to vote there. Plus, a request for whoever can CC worcej. Me, HAVING CLAIMED ON DAY 1 AND FORCED TO CLAIM AGAIN ON DAY 2 BECAUSE YOU DID NOT REMEMBER, well, I thought it was not my business any CC. That’s why I dived into the thread to catch up. Of course, I did not realized the time was coming to an end, I am neither in North America nor in Europe, so I messed up the timing, my bad. Still, I have claimed already, and I was not random voting without reading what was that about.

I am with those who think this could have being a secure town victory with the proper strategy. Sadly, that boat has sailed.

Please, dear collective intelligent if there is one, or dear personal intelligence in case that existed in the thread and I was just too dumb to find, can you enlighten our steps with the bright torch of a well thought strategy to bring us townies the promised scum-free land?
Hoping to hear good ideas (yeah, yeah, there were some of those in the thread, but we are now in a different position)...
For someone who hasn't really done anything this game and had a warning issued to them, I don't know how you can even have this opinion.

worcej

#3044 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 pm
My final thoughts are all bitter, you wouldnt like them.

Too much thought went into formulating a winning strategy. The scumpool is lurking too much to really make any meaningful distinction anyway.

Shouldve listened when the opportunity was there.
Your plan REQUIRED the 3P to take over 2 of the town challenges. It was NOT a perfect plan.

Was it a plan? Duh. But did I buy into doing that? Obviously not. I said why already.

My new catch phrase: DEAL. WITH. IT.

worcej

#3045 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:28 pm

I am not sorry for disagreeing with your plan Vecna.

I am not sorry for using my ability because the AG did not - I wanted to protect myself from a lynch and thus did.

I am not sorry for being wrong about Jamie, I do accept that I fucked up, but this game is again far from over.

Carambola

#3046 Post by Carambola » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm
Carambola wrote:

For someone who hasn't really done anything this game and had a warning issued to them, I don't know how you can even have this opinion.
What opinion? The opinion I am stating in that post it’s to look for a proper, intelligent strategy. And that’s based in the reading of all the posts in the thread.
So, I don’t know why can’t or shouldn’t I have that opinion... correct me if I’m wrong, please

Anyway, being mean it’s not a great tactic, so you should drop it, maybe.

Vecna

#3047 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Sure buddy. You will have 12 people left tomorrow. You'll be in lylo, because EMC should totally side with scum after this bullshit.

As you say, deal with it. Good luck finding the emperor and duelling him. Its the only way town can still win.

yuuki

#3048 Post by yuuki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 pm

We can look at the positives from this though. Ike is as good as a townclear now that Jamie has flipped town.

yuuki

#3049 Post by yuuki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 pm
Sure buddy. You will have 12 people left tomorrow. You'll be in lylo, because EMC should totally side with scum after this bullshit.

As you say, deal with it. Good luck finding the emperor and duelling him. Its the only way town can still win.
You act like emc knows who is scum and who isn't

yuuki

#3050 Post by yuuki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Carambola wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm
Carambola wrote:

What opinion? The opinion I am stating in that post it’s to look for a proper, intelligent strategy. And that’s based in the reading of all the posts in the thread.
So, I don’t know why can’t or shouldn’t I have that opinion... correct me if I’m wrong, please

You want a tactic? If you are town stop lurking, post reads on people, and start interacting more.

Vecna

#3051 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 pm

yuuki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 pm
Vecna wrote:

You act like emc knows who is scum and who isn't
Yeah, if only scum could just openly communicate with him in the thread when they have a majority. Oh, wait. They totally can? hot damn

worcej

#3052 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Carambola wrote:

You clearly need to read my previous games... I don't do the 'not mean' thing and quite frankly that was not me being mean. I am simply saying you screaming for an intelligent plan is annoying considering you have barely contributed anything this game.

The AG had 6 hours to challenge someone and chose not to do it. I could get 'okie-doked' in the last minute of the day via the 'fake emperor' - this meant my challenges have to be used for EOD3 and will be used for EOD4 unless someone beats me to it.

It's up to the AG now - if I live past tonight, which is still possible, then I will use my 2nd challenge in the 24-48 hours of D4 to ensure the lynch is under control and cannot be thumbs downed.

worcej

#3053 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Vecna wrote:

You're correct. Looks like I have to put my thinking cap on and make some shit happen @ 3:01 PM on Thursday.

worcej

#3054 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 pm

##Call GM:
Is Vecna's 'concession'/'request for a sub' accepted?

Since it was made public, I'd like to know so I can eliminate his slot from the pool of options for tomorrow.

Vecna

#3055 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 pm

ND is contacting replacements

worcej

#3056 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 pm
ND is contacting replacements
Good, good riddance Vecna.

I have no time or desire to have a child complain that someone didn't do what they said and pout/scream like you have.

Carambola

#3057 Post by Carambola » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 pm
Carambola wrote:

You clearly need to read my previous games... I don't do the 'not mean' thing and quite frankly that was not me being mean. I am simply saying you screaming for an intelligent plan is annoying considering you have barely contributed anything this game.

The AG had 6 hours to challenge someone and chose not to do it. I could get 'okie-doked' in the last minute of the day via the 'fake emperor' - this meant my challenges have to be used for EOD3 and will be used for EOD4 unless someone beats me to it.

It's up to the AG now - if I live past tonight, which is still possible, then I will use my 2nd challenge in the 24-48 hours of D4 to ensure the lynch is under control and cannot be thumbs downed.
You’re right, having not read you guys in previous games, I can be misreading reactions, it’s true.

About a good strategy, I was not screaming. I thought that, with so many strategies put forward previously, even some well thought ones, maybe there was a good one in this new situation that I am not seeing, that’s all. I still think that there are strategies that I am not seeing.

yuuki

#3058 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 pm
Carambola wrote:

@worcej: I would argue that the challenge needs to happen in the first 24 hours so we can have two town led lynches. Scum still needs to out one of their own to thumb-down you.

Also, will killing Proximo earn you a gunshot?

e.m.c^42

#3059 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:04 am

What?

There's no gun mechanic in this setup, what are you talking about

e.m.c^42

#3060 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:05 am

bro I suck at mechs and even I know that from skimming the roles earlier