Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:41 am

Before I get carpal tunnel, good night.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2062 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:43 am

Sorry, worcej. I bumped you lol

worcej

#2063 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:47 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 pm
I don't know why you're giving so much deference to claims, Xorxes. Nearly everyone's going to have claims, and scum assuredly do (because they can choose from a list whatever is most convenient). This is not a usual game where patience is a virtue when it comes to fake claims.

The mason claims are different though, because there are two of them and they have to be done in coordination. If Hosuke is scum and fake claiming, then that is actually much more likely to be clarified with patience than Percy's claim, which can't be CC'd and is open to the possibility that he could fake results (if we get that far into game).
If Percy's claim is true, lynching him would be doing a huge service to Mafia. Agree?

If Percy's claim is false, tomorrow he will look even more suspect than today. Agree?

Given those two, what could possibly be the argument for lynching him today instead of tomorrow? There's no other scum candidate at all that would be less risky to lynch?

(Same thing applies to damo.)

Aside from all that, there's good reason to think Percy is town and his claim is true from the way he discussed massclaims with bozo way before he was under threat of being shot or lynched.
I agree with all of this about Percy. I am definitely more concerned about the masons (maybe that has sorted out already?) and adding them to our clears makes 4 cleared town and narrows down the pool of scum, which definitely would help.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:43 am
Sorry, worcej. I bumped you lol
Nah, I am just doing my best imitation of a Vecna Wall of Posts as I get caught up from today.

worcej

#2064 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:49 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:19 pm
##Vote Damo

I think he is most likely scum, but then again I dont even trust myself. I think he's pushing way too hard.
.... I'm really starting to doubt you're town. You are not trying to improve your position.

worcej

#2065 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:50 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Why is everybody so protective of Masons? They're only glorified VTs.

Isn't it worth getting 2 town clears with a reveal and demonstration of contact?

Until such demo forthcoming ##Vote ItsHosuke.

You all really should listen to Xorxes. He makes perfect sense.
+8

worcej

#2066 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:51 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:39 pm
I've mentioned previously

bozo/damo and worcej/xorxes ships

so in bozo and damo, I'm pocketed by damo but I can sense something evil's about to happen, damo is way too townie for his own good imo, maybe he wants to impress his team, I'm leaning town otherwise I would tinfoil every 5 sec

bozo is town imo but again I sense an evil shadow, I have him as town in his category because he makes me twist and turn if I try to analyse more of his content

worcej/xorxes

I've stated that if there's a scumboy, it's xorxes. Well, I've changed my mind given recent posts by xorxes

it's worcej as scum...IF...yes a big If
God damn you seem to move all over on your reads. It's hard to even keep straight thinking about how you must be thinking.

worcej

#2067 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:52 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:35 pm
bozo - leaning townish
bo_sox scum potential alert
bomb - town ginger
chaqa - too buy but scum alert
damo - town
dargo - not present so scum alert
e.m.c - reserved scum alert
espresso - pocketed me beyond repair, don't ask
flash - could be
foodcoats - I think he got better, he pulled through
Foxy - conflicted, I guess he's town
Hosuke - mason, to be solved
Jamiet - always scum potential
Percy - town
rivera - town
worcej - town
xorxes - town
Seriously, you post this and then say there is a scum between me and xorxes?

worcej

#2068 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:53 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:32 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Eh?
Oh, I thought we were just posting random things. The post at the same time strategy to find our masons is inherently flawed, as Itshosuke has made it clear that he and his partner are in different time zones.
Being in different timezones does not prevent them from being online at some agreed time together, which may be morning for one and late evening for the other, for example.

I'm going to ##VOTE ItsHosuke for now because there's something fishy going on when the two people with claimed powers that can threaten Mafia are the two leading wagons and there may be a powerthief on the loose.
I haven't seen anything yet from him either and he did post. I imagine he still isn't cleared, so here we go: ##VOTE ItsHosuke

worcej

#2069 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:55 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:04 pm
every sensation younhave about bo this game is wrong.

if there is 1 player that bb is right about this game

It
Is
Bo

Bo is scum

end of debate. you arent gonna clear bo because he did something idiotic so get over that
I myself know I cannot read bo because I scummed him HARD last game I played with him and he ended up being town.

You may have presented a good case on him already, but why is Bo so scummy to you BB?

worcej

#2070 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:05 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 pm
My biggest issue with this game right now is two-fold.

●Firstly theres 2 camps here. A ton of very derpy, kinda scummy middling town who dont seem very reliable. And I mean no disrespect but Percy, darg, chaqa, emc, hosuke, and vapor all seem totally pointless. None of their reads seem confident. they just look like easy lynchbait

●Then we have the hornets nest. The hornets are players like bo who should be stinging lots and lots. But instead of bo being aggressive, bo is just barely existant. And whats worse is, damo and xorxes have become hornets. But they arent stinging anyone. All damo and xorx are really doing is buzzing around this nest theyve created and firing back out at Camp 1. The middlers. The hornets are foxcastle, xorx, damo, who have all just felt combative but devoid of any actual rational arguments why anyone is scum. Its especially bad with xorxes. Damo looks wolfy in his every move and action.

the middling players seem to be very amatuer at applying reasoning, at hunting. and exuding skills of mafia.

Espresso is definetely trying. And of all the mid level townies I think hes probably least likely to be scum

My reads are like this
Scum
bo
dargo
chaqa
xorxes
damo
bozo
foxcastle
damo
vapor

null
hosuke

Town
Jamie
worcej
espresso

Clears
Rivera
Me

I dont think we can win this game presently.
In fact unless some very very serious effort comes from the middling and low town. We wont lynch a single scum this game.

Percy is possibly scum but his wagon grew way too easy. his defenses of himself as terrible
the timing on his claim was bad
the claim only makes sense as scum if hes a roleblocker or something decent.
as town its just bad. He probably had no reason to claim there as any align.

EMC is possibly scum but if not then xorx and fox need to die today. He seems okay in posts but hes really unhelpful and likely will get lynched no matter what.

Bozo looks definetely like scum. hes certainly been hard defended and saved on pretty.poor reasoning day 1.

vapor looks like a wishy washy celine dion song this game. unsure who he wants to white knight. what topic he wants to ramble about and then reverse position on anyway.

chaqa only pops in and relies on campy jokes and reminders his life is going well or his moms getting eyeglasses. hes basically telling his daily routine more than his reads.

Bo is just never like this. he probably bussed foodcoats and darg. unless darg and foidcoats are both town. which pretty much means we have no chance if true.

foodcoats posts are pretty ok. But his thread presence is beyond scummy. He ciasted day 1 and vote shifted late with no explanation. hes been dodgy, creepy,and inefficient.
Comments:
  1. We definitely share the thoughts on Fox - I think he is not really hunting anything heavily atm.
  2. I am torn on xorxes - today he is being MUCH more towny than D1, so is it because Vecna is gone and now suddenly he decides to try?
  3. I don't think Damo is doing much, but he is marching down some pretty townish thoughts.
  4. The middling town concept you're stating is how I feel, I just call them 'the group that doesn't try' - this is currently emc, Hosuke, flash, darg, and Chaqa from my perspective.
  5. I also concur with emc and I am beginning to regret pushing against lynching him now - with the no real effort at anything, I think he may be coasting along for ~reasons~.
  6. I don't like bozo's play this game, but too many people seem to be calling him town. The mass-claim theory was rooted in a LOT of bad logic and would only truly benefit the scum based on this game's setup.
  7. Concur on Vapor, he can't keep his reads along a straight path - this to me is more a sign of scum than 'noob town'.
  8. I am also happy you town me but sad I didn't get an analysis from you either :cry:

worcej

#2071 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 pm
because they're so goood this time, bomb

I can't point a finger and confidently call anyone a scum

many seem to be in my position

that's why I think we're dealing with an ace team :sick:

also, we need your brain this time
I don't think you're looking hard enough if you cannot find something scummy from some of the current players...

worcej

#2072 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:07 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:52 pm
I'm also scared with xorxes, the tinfoil can start any second

I wanted for xorxes to grab the bull's horn and lead town into a concrete direction.

No town leader whatsoever

bomb, pull up your g-string, put sun lotion on your skin and let's ride the waves for success

you are the voice, just call it outright, if you want a bozosox wagon
Fuck this. ##vote Vapor

I need you gone - you're all over, weak, and moving constantly on your thoughts, which is much easier to do as scum. Passing all responsibility onto BB is the icing on your scum cake.

worcej

#2073 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:12 am

Holy shit, bo put a lot of effort into some posts! Man, I will need to re-read these as I wait for my plane in 7 hours :/

brainbomb

#2074 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:46 am

Yea.
##Vote ItsHosuke

The arguments that he is scum, combined with lack of any kiwi claim, combined with just a total wolfy pop in style of play...

I feel swayed that this slot needs to die.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2075 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:49 am

I men, bo, as I’ve said I’ve just had an unusually busy couple days. I had my birthday, and then I streamed all day yesterday (as well as playing a live game), and today I was in Philadelphia. Tomorrow brings back the normalcy and hopefully my activity.

I totally admit I’m not putting as much time into the game yet as I should, but partially that’s because the part of the game I’ve always enjoyed and excelled at most is vote and kill analysis, and there’s been no lynch flips to work with yet due to brain’s vote manipulation and my accidental/unforseeable tie. Vecna’s nighrkill and the wagons on day 1 might be something we can get information from, so I’ll see if there’s anything there tomorrow.

I’m trying, just haven’t played a proper game of mafia in forever so it’s toufh to get back into the groove.

Anyway, I’ve just gotten home after a 12 hour day, so I’m exhausted and will head to bed. Since I need to cast a vote, for now it will be ##Vote dargo for reasons I saw yesterday.

brainbomb

#2076 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 am

paranoia should be healthy. xorxes lacks any concern about deepwolves and is hoping the game is just easy as opposed to a challenge.

bo seems to gravitate to that the game is mostly inefficient scum and really seems totally unconcerned about anything the higher volume players are saying.

the dilemma here is that under 99% of all mafia games, bo and xorxes are actually the rational town trying to use classic, proven ideas to hunting. Hunt by numbers.

and mostly that strategy is simple. It involves scum letting town bicker and do as little as possible.

If true then itshosuke, dargorygel, both feel obvious.

I am quite torn on if this game is full of very poorly performing town and veteran confident scum

or if xorx, and bo are actually just the traditional town guards who aim low because scum wim is low

brainbomb

#2077 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 am

if bo and xorx are town
and percy is too

then the only team that could make sense would be emc, chaqa, jamie, itshosuke, dargo

brainbomb

#2078 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 am
if bo and xorx are town
and percy is too

then the only team that could make sense would be emc, chaqa, jamie, itshosuke, dargo
chaqa bussing emc til last second and trying to get bozo instead in final tally
emc being caught right away
jamie desperate to swing policy lynchers off emc onto moscow
hosuke accidentally claiming mason
dargo tryinh to lynch percy and becoming frozen

brainbomb

#2079 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:07 am

worcej I dont think theres much to really say. You have a very guiltless conscience that I can detect in your posting. I see it in bo recent posts that he went to great detail on.

Ive also seen it in espresso.

but you have a tone and style that does feel alot like my own. and it certainly grows on you. I usually think you handle pressure very well as town because you use emotion in ways that arent scummy and seem hard to fabricate

brainbomb

#2080 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 am

Jamie being scum is because he looks like hes on the other team when moscow died. and when vecna died.

Usually Jamie is upset when townies die.