Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3281 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:08 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 pm
POE is the easiest and weakest vote justification because it requires no risk on your part when making that vote.
my 1st scumpick is bozo but people think he's town.
Actually, I note that Chaqa and Percy are voting for him. You would be the third vote, which would make it 5 on worcej, 5 on you, 3 on bozo, and 3 on Espresso. I don't know why you would think that.
Perhaps it is because Vapor is full of shit and is falsifying his reasoning as he goes along. Who would possibly be doing that in a game of Mafia?

Jamiet99uk

#3282 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:26 pm

bo_sox48 wrote: The first component of this case seems legitimate enough. I didn't notice this proposed scumslip initially, but I'm interested in hearing about it.

The second component here makes no sense. Why in the world would the mafia team be targeting the DP? There's townclears and bigger PRs to fish out once they have those handled.
For the first part, please read pages 149 to 151.

For the second part, yes, but that's partly the point. Working out who the DP is allows them to narrow the pool for the other PRs, it's a PoE

Jamiet99uk

#3283 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 pm

bo_sox48 wrote: The first component of this case seems legitimate enough. I didn't notice this proposed scumslip initially, but I'm interested in hearing about it.

The second component here makes no sense. Why in the world would the mafia team be targeting the DP? There's townclears and bigger PRs to fish out once they have those handled.

For the second part, yes, but that's partly the point. Working out who the DP is allows them to narrow the pool for the other PRs, it's a PoE

Jamiet99uk

#3284 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Also @Bo_Sox: My theory relies on scum Espresso already knowing who the DP targeted, specifically his team mate the Janitor.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3285 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:22 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

To what end would someone fake being drunk in a game of Mafia? worcej just came off as a dumb asshole. What purpose could scum!worcej derive from such theatre?
That's kind of the point I'm making to Fox, whose line to me you conveniently left out of your quote. He magically transitioned to all caps and then into incoherence as our conversation went on. It seemed fake. But as I thought I clearly implied, I don't think it necessarily has much to do with the game. It's just something half-drunk people do.
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 am

This is odd we have darg and bo joint top of polls yet nobody is voting bo and I'm the only one on darg
It’s almost as if people aren’t really that invested in voting who everyone else wants them to. What exactly is the point of this list other than arbitrarily ignoring the actual tenets and value of cases against people and the confidence in which people actually have in them?
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm
The fact that flash, darg and worcej are all on Vapor makes me doubt Vapor is scum.

I think the voters on Bozo are misguided townsfolk.
What evidence do you have for either of these opinions?
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm
The worcej wagon looks fine to me. I don't think Vapor is scum, but my read of him is likely influenced by his hard townread of me.

VOTE## worcej

Assuming I have the correct interpretation of the power thief role, I suggest bo_sox unvote and then vote for worcej again. That would leave Fox and Brain as the first two on the wagon.
Are you trying to clear me from suspicion of being the role thief?
It is information to use however you want. For instance, I know that at least 4 town think you are one of the scum. Is your negative opinion of making this list the reason you chose not to participate?
I am generally opposed to massive lists that say nothing, yes. I'm even more opposed to massive lists that say nothing while also disassociating people from the cases they make, the people they vote for, and the effort they invest into them.

worcej

#3286 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:26 pm

And that was the key to the scum getting ND in M46. This is an obvious strategy any smart scum team utilizes.

Scum definitely has an active POE list going to narrow down the potential people to be the doctor and tracker.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3287 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:35 pm

@bozo
The game has progressed... are you still in favor of the massclaim?
And, you have spent a lot of time compiling and posting your scumread analysis. I wonder about it's usefulness, though. What use are YOU making of it? Is it effecting your voting?

You also have not included all scumreads. How did you compile your data? Are you including people's actual votes? Are you including comments people make in posts, or just official lists?

thanks

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3288 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:36 pm

You posted this:
"It is information to use however you want. For instance, I know that at least 4 town think you are one of the scum. Is your negative opinion of making this list the reason you chose not to participate?"

But how are YOU using your information/data?

Vaporwave

#3289 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:16 pm

What changed during N2 to make you start scum reading me, when you town read me D2?
other peeps have started to look better and I was never fond of your massclaim persistence and your calculations

also you're a very capable and persuasive scum

+ this game's Mafia team is...*insert compliments*

most players this game just look so good and by POE you seem less trustworthy than others

Argh ...yeah I guess thanks to claims, it's harder to find scum

bozotheclown

#3290 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:35 pm
@bozo
The game has progressed... are you still in favor of the massclaim?
And, you have spent a lot of time compiling and posting your scumread analysis. I wonder about it's usefulness, though. What use are YOU making of it? Is it effecting your voting?

You also have not included all scumreads. How did you compile your data? Are you including people's actual votes? Are you including comments people make in posts, or just official lists?

thanks
No, I do not think a mass claim is beneficial right now, but that could change.

I am not making much use of the list yet, but if we are able to lynch some scum, it may be worth looking at. I did notice some players voted for emc over Chaqa at D2 EOD when Chaqa was on their scum list and emc was not, so that looked suspicious. I asked everyone to provide their top 5 scum, and included everyone who did. I made an exception for Chaqa who listed 2 as his fifth choice.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3291 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 pm

That makes sense. I don't read his discussion on Vecna as a guaranteed scumslip, but there clearly is a chance. It's pretty hard to deny that, but it's also pretty hard to deny that it could have just plainly been stupidity and/or ignorance of the nuances of the setup. I of all people know all about that.

I'd like to hear his answer to the question I asked him before considering a vote.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3292 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm
I am not making much use of the list yet, but if we are able to lynch some scum, it may be worth looking at. I did notice some players voted for emc over Chaqa at D2 EOD when Chaqa was on their scum list and emc was not, so that looked suspicious. I asked everyone to provide their top 5 scum, and included everyone who did. I made an exception for Chaqa who listed 2 as his fifth choice.
That's a good observation, and for the faults I pointed out of the list a decent plan to follow for either using it or not. I'll give you that much.

I noticed that worcej had Hosuke on his scumlist but not Foxcastle. I'm not sure if that's just hilarious or scummy, or both.

bozotheclown

#3293 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm

That's kind of the point I'm making to Fox, whose line to me you conveniently left out of your quote. He magically transitioned to all caps and then into incoherence as our conversation went on. It seemed fake. But as I thought I clearly implied, I don't think it necessarily has much to do with the game. It's just something half-drunk people do.

It’s almost as if people aren’t really that invested in voting who everyone else wants them to. What exactly is the point of this list other than arbitrarily ignoring the actual tenets and value of cases against people and the confidence in which people actually have in them?

What evidence do you have for either of these opinions?

Are you trying to clear me from suspicion of being the role thief?
It is information to use however you want. For instance, I know that at least 4 town think you are one of the scum. Is your negative opinion of making this list the reason you chose not to participate?
I am generally opposed to massive lists that say nothing, yes. I'm even more opposed to massive lists that say nothing while also disassociating people from the cases they make, the people they vote for, and the effort they invest into them.
It is hard to include all of that in a list. I have read your analysis of about 5 players, 2 of which I think you suspected were scum. Have you gotten around to looking at everyone else yet?

Foxcastle

#3294 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 pm

I feel like Dargo and Chaqa and Percy are fling way under the radar today. :?

Foxcastle

#3295 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 pm
Flying, even.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3296 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

It is hard to include all of that in a list. I have read your analysis of about 5 players, 2 of which I think you suspected were scum. Have you gotten around to looking at everyone else yet?
I'm not rereading everyone else's D1, no. I did that specifically for those I could attempt to classify as lurkers, which is what I said I would do earlier in the game. I'm gauging others as I run into an opportunity to do so.

bozotheclown

#3297 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm
That's a good observation, and for the faults I pointed out of the list a decent plan to follow for either using it or not. I'll give you that much.

I noticed that worcej had Hosuke on his scumlist but not Foxcastle. I'm not sure if that's just hilarious or scummy, or both.
worcej had not updated his reads recently. The inconsistent updates turned out to be a flaw and the main reason I do not plan on updating the list anymore.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3298 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Lol ok, good to know.

Jamiet99uk

#3299 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
"Chaqa"? What is that? Some kind of Mexican snack? I've certainly not noticed anyone who has a username like that.

Jamiet99uk

#3300 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Oh man look! There's a dude with the username "Chaqa" browsing the forum now! What a cool coincidence! Maybe he'd like to play this game sometime.