Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2081 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:24 am

the best things I can say about xorxes, damo, espresso, percy, foxcastle and bozo

is that they all do exhibit a keep on truckin attitude.

ItsHosuke

#2082 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 am

*sigh* how did this happen to me... oh well, I’m actually mason but I claimed mason in a joking tone in the first place and am in deep trouble right now. I don’t even know what to say...

bozotheclown

#2083 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 am
*sigh* how did this happen to me... oh well, I’m actually mason but I claimed mason in a joking tone in the first place and am in deep trouble right now. I don’t even know what to say...
You can ask the other mason to claim to clear you. The way things are going, if the other mason does not claim by EOD, the assumption will be that you fake claimed mason, and no other mafia is willing to try to cover you by fake claiming the other mason.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2084 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 am

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 2.2

ItsHosuke (4): foodcoats, damo666, xorxes, brainbomb
Percy Williams (3): bozotheclown, flash2015, dargorygel
damo666 (2): EspressoPatronum, ItsHosuke
xorxes (2): Jamiet99uk, Foxcastle
e.m.c^42 (1): Vaporwave
foodcoats (1): bo_sox48
Vaporwave (1): worcej
dargorygel (1): Chaqa

ITSHOSUKE is currently on the path of extinction.
The following players still need to cast votes before EOD:
e.m.c^42, Percy Williams, and rdrivera2005

11 hours and 50 minutes remain in D2

bozotheclown

#2085 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:14 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:05 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 pm
My biggest issue with this game right now is two-fold.

●Firstly theres 2 camps here. A ton of very derpy, kinda scummy middling town who dont seem very reliable. And I mean no disrespect but Percy, darg, chaqa, emc, hosuke, and vapor all seem totally pointless. None of their reads seem confident. they just look like easy lynchbait

●Then we have the hornets nest. The hornets are players like bo who should be stinging lots and lots. But instead of bo being aggressive, bo is just barely existant. And whats worse is, damo and xorxes have become hornets. But they arent stinging anyone. All damo and xorx are really doing is buzzing around this nest theyve created and firing back out at Camp 1. The middlers. The hornets are foxcastle, xorx, damo, who have all just felt combative but devoid of any actual rational arguments why anyone is scum. Its especially bad with xorxes. Damo looks wolfy in his every move and action.

the middling players seem to be very amatuer at applying reasoning, at hunting. and exuding skills of mafia.

Espresso is definetely trying. And of all the mid level townies I think hes probably least likely to be scum

My reads are like this
Scum
bo
dargo
chaqa
xorxes
damo
bozo
foxcastle
damo
vapor

null
hosuke

Town
Jamie
worcej
espresso

Clears
Rivera
Me

I dont think we can win this game presently.
In fact unless some very very serious effort comes from the middling and low town. We wont lynch a single scum this game.

Percy is possibly scum but his wagon grew way too easy. his defenses of himself as terrible
the timing on his claim was bad
the claim only makes sense as scum if hes a roleblocker or something decent.
as town its just bad. He probably had no reason to claim there as any align.

EMC is possibly scum but if not then xorx and fox need to die today. He seems okay in posts but hes really unhelpful and likely will get lynched no matter what.

Bozo looks definetely like scum. hes certainly been hard defended and saved on pretty.poor reasoning day 1.

vapor looks like a wishy washy celine dion song this game. unsure who he wants to white knight. what topic he wants to ramble about and then reverse position on anyway.

chaqa only pops in and relies on campy jokes and reminders his life is going well or his moms getting eyeglasses. hes basically telling his daily routine more than his reads.

Bo is just never like this. he probably bussed foodcoats and darg. unless darg and foidcoats are both town. which pretty much means we have no chance if true.

foodcoats posts are pretty ok. But his thread presence is beyond scummy. He ciasted day 1 and vote shifted late with no explanation. hes been dodgy, creepy,and inefficient.
Comments:
  1. We definitely share the thoughts on Fox - I think he is not really hunting anything heavily atm.
  2. I am torn on xorxes - today he is being MUCH more towny than D1, so is it because Vecna is gone and now suddenly he decides to try?
  3. I don't think Damo is doing much, but he is marching down some pretty townish thoughts.
  4. The middling town concept you're stating is how I feel, I just call them 'the group that doesn't try' - this is currently emc, Hosuke, flash, darg, and Chaqa from my perspective.
  5. I also concur with emc and I am beginning to regret pushing against lynching him now - with the no real effort at anything, I think he may be coasting along for ~reasons~.
  6. I don't like bozo's play this game, but too many people seem to be calling him town. The mass-claim theory was rooted in a LOT of bad logic and would only truly benefit the scum based on this game's setup.
  7. Concur on Vapor, he can't keep his reads along a straight path - this to me is more a sign of scum than 'noob town'.
  8. I am also happy you town me but sad I didn't get an analysis from you either :cry:
Can you give me a list of "bad logic" in the idea of mass claiming? I think the way this game has played out so far show why a mas claim could have benefited town.

Vaporwave

#2086 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:21 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:51 am
brain, don't taunt vapor too much ;p

He's a perfectly nice example of a wonderful being who is comfortable showing open platonic affection, which the world needs more of.
how accurate :-) bomb doesn't realize that calling someone gay is the biggest insult in many countries outside the US

don't do it guys

on a different note, ##UNVOTE there are better wagons to hit scum, will read up before EOD

Vaporwave

#2087 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 am
are you kidding? :o

bozotheclown

#2088 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:51 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:35 pm
bozo - leaning townish
bo_sox scum potential alert
bomb - town ginger
chaqa - too buy but scum alert
damo - town
dargo - not present so scum alert
e.m.c - reserved scum alert
espresso - pocketed me beyond repair, don't ask
flash - could be
foodcoats - I think he got better, he pulled through
Foxy - conflicted, I guess he's town
Hosuke - mason, to be solved
Jamiet - always scum potential
Percy - town
rivera - town
worcej - town
xorxes - town
You mentioned some form of scum possibility in exactly 5 from you list, so I will take this as your 5 scum reads.

bozotheclown

#2089 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:52 am

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:54 pm
Why couldn't the scum team be something like Percy, bo, Xorxes, emc, worcej?
I will take this as your 5 scum reads, despite your phrasing it is the form of a question.

bozotheclown

#2090 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:56 am

I have updated my best guess at scum to replace bo_sox with worcej.

Here is what I have for players who have given their top 5 scum candidates:
bozo: Percy, Chaqa, dargorygel, flash, worcej
xorxes: Hosuke, Foxcastle, Jamie, flash, dargorygel
brainbomb: xorxes, Jamie, damo, bozo, emc
Jamie: Chaqa, dargorygel, flash, foodcoats, xorxes
damo: flash, bo_sox, dargorygel, worcej, Chaqa
Foxcastle: Percy, emc, damo, Vapor, Chaqa
Vapor: bo_sox, Chaqa, dargorygel, emc, Jamie
flash: Percy, bo_sox, xorxes, emc, worcej

Did I miss anyone? That is only 8 out of 18 so far. We know there are five scum out there, everyone should be able to come up with 5 guesses.

bozotheclown

#2091 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:07 am

Here is the top 5 scum read tabulation with 8 player reporting:
bozo: 1
bo_sox: 3
brainbomb: 0
Chaqa: 5
damo: 2
dargorygel: 5
emc: 4
EspressoPatronum : 0
flash: 4
foodcoats: 1
Foxcastle: 1
ItsHosuke: 1
Jamie: 3
Percy: 3
rdrivera: 0
Vapor: 1
worcej: 3
xorxes: 3

bozotheclown

#2092 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 am
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 2.2

ItsHosuke (4): foodcoats, damo666, xorxes, brainbomb
Percy Williams (3): bozotheclown, flash2015, dargorygel
damo666 (2): EspressoPatronum, ItsHosuke
xorxes (2): Jamiet99uk, Foxcastle
e.m.c^42 (1): Vaporwave
foodcoats (1): bo_sox48
Vaporwave (1): worcej
dargorygel (1): Chaqa

ITSHOSUKE is currently on the path of extinction.
The following players still need to cast votes before EOD:
e.m.c^42, Percy Williams, and rdrivera2005

11 hours and 50 minutes remain in D2
I still think Percy's claim is likely fake, but I am not sure, and it would be unfortunate to lynch the role cop, so I am willing to wait on Percy. If we lynch some scum we could even wait until D6 to see if he can verify his claim, but I believe Percy should be lynched if he is still alive at lylo and his claim is unresolved.

Here is why no one should be voting for Hosuke today. If he is town, voting for him just forces the other mason to claim, and there is no reason for the other mason to reveal himself today. If the mafia NKs Hosuke, it verifies there are 2 town masons, so the other mason can claim later and we know he is town, unless the scum choose to cc him, in which case we have a scum in the 2 mason claims. If the mafia NKs the other mason, Hosuke becomes clear. If Hosuke is scum, it will soon be obvious, as there will never be another mason claim, because a second mason claiming scum would result in verifying 2 scum when they can't prove they share a QT. The mason QT test does not have to be performed today, it can be performed any day, as they would not be able to plan ahead for all possible tests.

There are reasons to question xorxes and damo, but neither are currently in my top five scum candidates.

##VOTE Chaqa

Chaqa is my second highest scum candidate, and 5 of 8 have put Chaqa in there top 5, so there should be some interest in lynching him.

damo666

#2094 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

I fail to see the problem with madonna reveal if they are town. It gives us 2 townclears (with a demo proof) and doesn't increase their NKability.

The longer it is unravelled the more suspicious of ItsHosuke I get.

Also Jamie if you have really solved the clue you should reveal and explain. Until you do so I shall consider you scum.

@worcej please switch back to ItsHo

damo666

#2095 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 am

whoops! Mason not madonna lol

damo666

#2096 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:33 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
I fail to see the problem with madonna reveal if they are town. It gives us 2 townclears (with a demo proof) and doesn't increase their NKability.

Also Jamie if you have really solved the clue you should reveal and explain. Until you do so I shall consider you scum.

O bloody hell. Mason not madonna and unrevealed not unravelled.

damo666

#2097 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am

Revised scumteam guess:

ItsHo Jamie Flash Chaqa Dargo

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2098 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 am

Just want to say that I arm now fully catched on the thread and that I arm sorry for more being able to contribute more.

I don't like to hunt for the full scumteam, but if I have to guess, Chaqa, Foodcoats, Flash, worcej and Fox are my guesses. Maybe we can replace Fox by bozo and then Chaqa by Vapor. And itshosuke claim is looking weaker and weaker so maybe put him instead of Flash.

I don't believe Xorxes is scum and if he is we are doomed, as he is making a lot of good calls. I also liked a lot Bo's posts, I can follow the logic.

I will ##vote Chaqa now, I think him and Bozo aren't in the same team and maybe sorting one help me sort the other.

Jamiet99uk

#2099 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:10 am

Just woke up. Need to catch up.
Why are we lynching a Mason?

Jamiet99uk

#2100 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:11 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

The answer is the number '1'.