Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1541 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:28 pm

That sounds like something scum would do.
Yes but the difference is I am town manipulating what I think is a scumBozo
What were you trying to accomplish with this if you are town?
I was pretty convinced emc town and considered you more likely scum. Fwiw I now think both you and emc are town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1542 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:49 pm
so I dunno if anyone noticed but I trued to tone down and erase my verbally abusive, caustic tunneling style I had for years.
Yes and it's way better to play with you now. But you also had some great moments in the past when you didn't have a meltdown.

brainbomb

#1543 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Why people insist in trying to figure out the whole scumteam? Does this ever work?
its fun to try? not really easy to pull off, but definetely part of the enjoyment of being town and wanting to get it right

brainbomb

#1544 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
so I dunno if anyone noticed but I trued to tone down and erase my verbally abusive, caustic tunneling style I had for years.
Yes and it's way better to play with you now. But you also had some great moments in the past when you didn't have a meltdown.
I used to just yell at my top scumread until I could provoke an emotional resonse from them. which usually just turned into them calling me an idiot.

so I figured when I push people its okay to not push so hard that it just turns toxic.

damo666

#1545 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Why people insist in trying to figure out the whole scumteam? Does this ever work?
It's fun trying to figure out what scumteams work from a given scumpool and it's worth sharing. You're unlikely to nab the whole team but if you get commonality between attempts it's a good guide I think. For instance we have bo and Flash appearing quite a lot.

damo666

#1546 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Wow! Seems like brain and I think alike. That's a bit worrying. For both of us I guess!

Damo is obvtown.

Jamiet99uk

#1547 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Much better just to try not to catch the scum, right?

brainbomb

#1548 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Lets just be real.
having 5 scumreads is probably less focused than having 1
but having 5 scumreads guarantees more discussion

Vaporwave

#1549 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Damo is very invested in this game, he's become like a precious jewel.

Damo, you've mentioned that your activity will be decreasing because of life issues, which day would that be?

brainbomb

#1550 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:02 pm

who shall I analyze next?

I know. dargo. my old friend

damo666

#1551 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm
Damo is very invested in this game, he's become like a precious jewel.

Damo, you've mentioned that your activity will be decreasing because of life issues, which day would that be?
I'm OK until Tues 23rd but for 6 days thereafter I will be intermittent at best (if I'm still surviving). I will of course comply with minimum requirements but may struggle to keep up.

Percy Williams

#1552 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Fox is town by volume. hes well over his usual scum quota pace of 166 posts
I tried to do volumetric scum hunting last game by comparing post count and word count, and it didn't really pan out. Either it was obvious (Xorxes) or not. So I'm not sure this is a great metric.
I've got to give big Town points to anyone who discredits a proven towns reasoning to Town read you.

brainbomb

#1553 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:17 pm

DARGARGOYLE

before you can understand dargorygel you must understand the beautiful healthy inmer child that lives within dargy. This is a man who will wander into your place of work and give you a hug. He is an old soul, full of joy and talents. He can farm, teach, play dip, play mafia, create stories and characters. Dargo has a moral compass and plays mafia in a reserved manner as all alignments. He is non aggressive and cheerful. Darg seldom gets upset and even when he is upset he tends to internalize things as if they are his fualt even if they are not. Hes a father. a grandparent. And a beautiful being.

That being said is darg scum? volume does not tell the tale. darg rarely posts in large quantities. his mafia play is usually fairly hard to distinguish from town.
Darg is not usually very strong at defending against pressure because of his personality.

Moment 1
dargorygel
Day-1 47:58
page 1 / orig Hi!

dargorygel
Day-1 47:55
page 1 / orig Litterer!

dargorygel
Day-1 47:54
page 1 / orig ##VOTE PERCY WILLIAMS

dargorygel
Day-1 47:53
page 1 / orig Grumpkins?

dargorygel
Day-1 47:46
page 1 / orig Sustainability!
Darg begins game using gimmick of 1 word. and parks on percy. says percy is hedging.

Moment 2
dargorygel
Day-1 24:19
page 28 / orig I'll be back tomorrow with time...
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I suppose it says something about what folk expect from me. :-)
It was kind of fun. Mostly it was just reactive posts. I DID have a couple of conversations (accusing Percy Williams of hedging, for instance) that were fun with single words. It actually made me think more about articulation than I am used to...

But in the end it is too hard and not really helpful.

A couple of obvious things to comment on:
Mass claim... while I do think that such a claim MIGHT POSSIBLY help us... mostly the concept has too many faulty underlying beliefs. It assumes a randomness of role that I don't think the GM's would do. It assumes that we will have LOTS of scum making false claims, when there is no reason for them to do so. I think bozo also is assuming (he lists this as a 'pro') that multiple fakeclaiming by lynchable scum is common. I think it happens maybe once or twice per game. So we MIGHT draw out a couple of scum... but mostly, we just give scum a map.

But I am not happy with how hard bozo is pushing for this. He seems to have some hope that he has a chance to succeed. I think bozo is smarter than that. So why does he not back off? Or did I miss a retraction?

Also, regarding D1 voting. I always raise an eyebrow at STRONG statements on D1. People who pretend to KNOW an alignment. Obv, only scum knows alignment.

Lynching lurkers? D1 is almost random voting, or at most, mostly gut feelings. Lurkers are no more or less likely to be scum. Lately, it seems, though that at least one or two scummies hide early in the game. So maybe lynching lurkers increases our odds.

I'll probably be able to read off and on... but won't have time to post much till tomorrow morning.
Page 41
dargorygel
Day-1 06:46
page 41 / orig Maybe this is obv, but it seems that bozo's relentless pursuit of a massclaim makes the most sense if he is the role-thief. One role already responded and claimed mason. And of course, if he DOES convince enough people, he finds a bunch of roles.
This seems like dargo had 2 reasons by now to unvote percy but didnt.

reason 1 to unvote percy was that the whole impetus for voting percy was the hedging. which darg admits was just a gimmick accusation

reason 2 to unvote percy is darg appears here to identify that bozo is likely not only mafia but is the role thief

Result:

dargorygel
Day-1 06:39
page 42 / orig My Percy vote at first was clearly a joke vote. Did no one else notice that he was blamed in the flavor for the end of civilization?

I get the policy votes. MF this morning seems reasonable, though.

I do think we need a non-policy option.

Presently, I am clearly not choosing the wine in front of me...

And Percy has seemed more and more questionable to me. In addition to what otehrs have brought up, he seems to be PR fishing... emphasizing clarification of those who have soft-claimed.

So I'll leave it there, for now.

I would also vote for Itshusoko, bozo, or foxy today
now he says percy vote is a joke.

Vote Count Day 1
Wagon # Voters
e.m.c^42 (7)
Foxcastle EspressoPatronum xorxes foodcoats bo_sox48 bozotheclown Vecna
bozotheclown (5) worcej e.m.c^42 damo666 Percy Williams rdrivera2005
Percy Williams (1) dargorygel

brainbomb (1) flash2015
MoscowFleet (1) ItsHosuke
dargorygel (1) Vaporwave
damo666 (1) Jamiet99uk
bo_sox48 (1) Chaqa
EspressoPatronum (1) brainbomb

Dargo ends the day on percy despite saying its a joke. This seems pretty bad.

Pushes on dargy
bo_sox48
Day-1 17:27
page 37 / orig I was going to spend some time reading up on the latest events in the thread, but then Jamie took up my time in other ways. I need to cast a vote and the only moderate scumread I have so far is on darg, so ##VOTE darg. If I have time to be here later tonight that might change.
Chaqa
Day-1 23:33
page 29 / orig
↑dargorygel: "I'll be back tomorrow with time...
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I..."
Before I dive into this post, thanks bo for articulating what I’ve been feeling in a way more clear and concise way than I ever could. Appreciate that. I have a lot of trouble following all these back and forth quoted conversations. I miss the old big monolithic “case” posts people used to make.

But on this post - dargo isn’t someone I’ve played with too much (or have forgotten if I gave), but this entire post seems hedgey and anchoring. “Sorry I was posting so poorly, but weren’t my one-word answers so articulate! I’ll be back and better later, I promise!”

Blegh. ##Vote dargo
At this point already darg looks like a vulnerable towny that scum know they can feast on.

Vaporwave
Day-1 07:03
page 41 / orig Because I might not come back, I'm not leaving my vote on MF

Moscow won't change even if we policy lynch him for his playstyle + I'm not a player that votes for past offenses so my reason feels non-game related

##VOTE dargorygel

it feels SO much better now
Make that 3 scummy ppl who pushed dargorygel.

And why? Because darg is on percy. And percy is town.

I think dargo is town. and 3 scum all pushed on him day 1.
chaqa
bo
and vapor

bozotheclown

#1554 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm
I'll be back tomorrow with time...
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I suppose it says something about what folk expect from me. :-)
It was kind of fun. Mostly it was just reactive posts. I DID have a couple of conversations (accusing Percy Williams of hedging, for instance) that were fun with single words. It actually made me think more about articulation than I am used to...

But in the end it is too hard and not really helpful.

A couple of obvious things to comment on:
Mass claim... while I do think that such a claim MIGHT POSSIBLY help us... mostly the concept has too many faulty underlying beliefs. It assumes a randomness of role that I don't think the GM's would do. It assumes that we will have LOTS of scum making false claims, when there is no reason for them to do so. I think bozo also is assuming (he lists this as a 'pro') that multiple fakeclaiming by lynchable scum is common. I think it happens maybe once or twice per game. So we MIGHT draw out a couple of scum... but mostly, we just give scum a map.

But I am not happy with how hard bozo is pushing for this. He seems to have some hope that he has a chance to succeed. I think bozo is smarter than that. So why does he not back off? Or did I miss a retraction?

Also, regarding D1 voting. I always raise an eyebrow at STRONG statements on D1. People who pretend to KNOW an alignment. Obv, only scum knows alignment.

Lynching lurkers? D1 is almost random voting, or at most, mostly gut feelings. Lurkers are no more or less likely to be scum. Lately, it seems, though that at least one or two scummies hide early in the game. So maybe lynching lurkers increases our odds.

I'll probably be able to read off and on... but won't have time to post much till tomorrow morning.
Before I dive into this post, thanks bo for articulating what I’ve been feeling in a way more clear and concise way than I ever could. Appreciate that. I have a lot of trouble following all these back and forth quoted conversations. I miss the old big monolithic “case” posts people used to make.

But on this post - dargo isn’t someone I’ve played with too much (or have forgotten if I gave), but this entire post seems hedgey and anchoring. “Sorry I was posting so poorly, but weren’t my one-word answers so articulate! I’ll be back and better later, I promise!”

Blegh. ##Vote dargo
In M24, you and dargorygel both made it through the entire game (7 days). In M28, you both were alive for 5 days. You were both in M33, but dargorygel replaced you D5. In M36 you were both on the scum team, although you were replaced D2.

brainbomb

#1555 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:20 pm

@Jamiet99uk
bo_sox48
Day-1 17:27
page 37 / orig I was going to spend some time reading up on the latest events in the thread, but then Jamie took up my time in other ways. I need to cast a vote and the only moderate scumread I have so far is on darg, so ##VOTE darg. If I have time to be here later tonight that might change
any idea what hes talking about?

bozotheclown

#1556 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 pm

@dargorygel: Do you think it is odd Chaqa does not remember you very well?

Percy Williams

#1557 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:20 pm
@brain @rdr @Percy @ItsHosuke

As prime N1 NK targets I trust you will leave some wise words before close of N1.

Actually, @ALL Should ItsHosuke reveal his Mason partner in case he gets killed N1?
I Highly doubt I'm N1 NK. Since I can't prove I'm Town until At least Day 5, the mafia have plenty of time to orchestrate my mislynch. People are going to start suspecting me again as soon as I live through a couple nights, despite it not making that much sense to NK me, they might let me live past turn 5 and push for my mislynch. Although I'd have no reason not to claim my scan, and once I flip people will know it's true, but I still think the mafia will push a mislynch rather than NK me.

bozotheclown

#1558 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Yes but the difference is I am town manipulating what I think is a scumBozo
What were you trying to accomplish with this if you are town?
I was pretty convinced emc town and considered you more likely scum. Fwiw I now think both you and emc are town.
Why not just vote for me then? What did changing your vote accomplish?

Vecna

#1559 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 pm
by the way, since when is webdip mafia a lesson in redisciplining players how theyre supposed to play.

the whole wagon on emc was about behavioral correction because he always waits til ten minutes left in a phase to vote.

Im trying to understand when we replaced scumhunting with scolding lynches.

did you losers all go get girls pregnant and decide you needed some fatherhood practice
:!: 8-)

bozotheclown

#1560 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:20 pm
@brain @rdr @Percy @ItsHosuke

As prime N1 NK targets I trust you will leave some wise words before close of N1.

Actually, @ALL Should ItsHosuke reveal his Mason partner in case he gets killed N1?
I Highly doubt I'm N1 NK. Since I can't prove I'm Town until At least Day 5, the mafia have plenty of time to orchestrate my mislynch. People are going to start suspecting me again as soon as I live through a couple nights, despite it not making that much sense to NK me, they might let me live past turn 5 and push for my mislynch. Although I'd have no reason not to claim my scan, and once I flip people will know it's true, but I still think the mafia will push a mislynch rather than NK me.
When is the first night you can scan?