Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Is there a rdr wagon? I don't want to drop foodcoats entirely considering he hasn't answered to any of my concerns but I'd be interested in that too at this point if it has more momentum. I'm obviously not the only one who has been offput by his stunt so far.

bozotheclown

#1042 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:05 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:48 pm
Happily going to join Bo on ##vote foodcoats.

I don’t like Bozo and rd still voting me without a given reason, especially this late in the phase. They’re both better players than this. Seems to me they’re angling to keep me as a lynch option for no real reason.
I gave a reason for voting you. You had posted one time without real content so it looked like you were voting just to get off of the no-vote list. Since you started posting, all you have done is try to avoid getting lynched and scum read foodcoats.
What do you mean, “all you have done”? You expecting a manifesto?
You said there was "no real reason" to keep you as a lynch option. Showing up to avoid being lynched does not do much to show you are town. Also, I do not see why the foodcoats post you reference would jump out at you as the most obvious scum post. Then there is Jamie's strong push to get you lynched followed by his extreme reversal after you started posting.

bozotheclown

#1043 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:04 pm
Is there a rdr wagon? I don't want to drop foodcoats entirely considering he hasn't answered to any of my concerns but I'd be interested in that too at this point if it has more momentum. I'm obviously not the only one who has been offput by his stunt so far.
If the vig was on the scum fake claim list, it would be a poor play by scum to claim it D1, since it would eventually get him lynched. I can't see rdrivera doing that as scum.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1044 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Fuck it. Foodcoats isn't getting any traction, so I guess he'll wait until tomorrow.

##VOTE rdrivera

MoscowFleet

#1045 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:43 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am
(foodcoats) also hasn’t updated his EMC vote which is based off of the first post of the game, a shitpost.
As I said, I think self-voting and peacing out is a scummy play, not a shitpost. And emc hasn't given anyone any reasons to move off them... I think the below summarizes how emc has responded to the wagon:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:43 am
I feel like I need to post something at least mildly useful, but am drawing a blank atm.
Regarding worcej:
MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am
In his last post, he asks brain what made him suspicious of worcej, right after listing why he thinks worcej is suspicious. What’s the point?
The point of asking other players what they think is to create meaningful conversation, compare notes, and develop reads.

I am not voting for MF, but I think MF's analysis of my iso vindicates them and they should not be "policy lynched;" it is one of the best posts so far (even if MF's conclusions about me are wrong :-) ).
Yeah, this doesn’t really respond to anything. I understand what the point of asking other players what they think is. Your question to brainbomb was very targeted and it appears you were hoping he would simply agree with what you had written. The reason I brought it up is because town should be genuinely trying to seek out others’ thoughts, not pushing them to their own narratives.

And analyze whatever you want, EMC’s first post was 100% a non-serious shitpost. The only other thing you’ve scumread EMC for is lurking. So don’t claim you’re “actually scumreading” EMC. You were essentially policying him.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1046 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
If the vig was on the scum fake claim list, it would be a poor play by scum to claim it D1, since it would eventually get him lynched. I can't see rdrivera doing that as scum.
I don't really see any more credibility in it as town than I do as scum, and I find the way it has transpired as sort of scummy. No hard deadline and retraction, and yet no real pressure to gauge strong and accurate reactions from others. It's like the whole thing is half-assed, almost as if he regretted trying it the moment he did.

Beyond rdrivera, I'm looking for information, and a lot of people seem to be on board with this idea. Someone needs to shake it up.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1047 Post by TrPrado » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.5

MoscowFleet (4): Percy Williams, rdrivera2005, bozotheclown, ItsHosuke
e.m.c^42 (3): Foxcastle, EspressoPatronum, xorxes
dargorygel (2): Chaqa, Vaporwave
Percy Williams (2): dargorygel, Vecna
bozotheclown (2): worcej, e.m.c^42
rdrivera2005 (2): damo666, bo_sox48
foodcoats (1): MoscowFleet
brainbomb (1): flash2015
worcej (1): foodcoats
damo666 (1): Jamiet99uk
EspressoPatronum (1): brainbomb

MOSCOWFLEET is currently set to be lynched

48 minutes remain in D1

MoscowFleet

#1048 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:05 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm

I gave a reason for voting you. You had posted one time without real content so it looked like you were voting just to get off of the no-vote list. Since you started posting, all you have done is try to avoid getting lynched and scum read foodcoats.
You said there was "no real reason" to keep you as a lynch option. Showing up to avoid being lynched does not do much to show you are town. Also, I do not see why the foodcoats post you reference would jump out at you as the most obvious scum post. Then there is Jamie's strong push to get you lynched followed by his extreme reversal after you started posting.
Lol. So either I start posting and I’m only showing up to avoid the lynch, or I continue lurking and you guys (rightfully) policy me. Get out of here.

brainbomb

#1049 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

@emc

why would you self vote as tree stump to start the game?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1050 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

@bo: how could voting for a vig claimant possibly be a good town play? He can self confirm his role, and if he is lying, we will find out for sure if nothing happens. Trying to lynch him is super poor and i find it pretty scummy.

##vote bo

damo666

#1051 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 pm

@Moscow join the rdr wagon

bozotheclown

#1052 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
I don't really see any more credibility in it as town than I do as scum, and I find the way it has transpired as sort of scummy. No hard deadline and retraction, and yet no real pressure to gauge strong and accurate reactions from others. It's like the whole thing is half-assed, almost as if he regretted trying it the moment he did.

Beyond rdrivera, I'm looking for information, and a lot of people seem to be on board with this idea. Someone needs to shake it up.
If rdrivera is scum faking claiming vig, he will be confirmed by D2, there is no reason to risk lynching him today. If he is really the vig, he will probably be the NK target.

damo666

#1053 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm
@bo: how could voting for a vig claimant possibly be a good town play? He can self confirm his role, and if he is lying, we will find out for sure if nothing happens. Trying to lynch him is super poor and i find it pretty scummy.

##vote bo
If he proves it we can switch

damo666

#1054 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

If rdrivera is scum faking claiming vig, he will be confirmed by D2, there is no reason to risk lynching him today. If he is really the vig, he will probably be the NK target.
I'm trying to provoke him into using it.

MoscowFleet

#1055 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Ok so first of all I'll ##UNVOTE because Moscow has actually showed up and made some game-related posts.

This is clear proof that pressure voting lurkers is useful play, and I'm gonna do this to Moscow every D1 from now on. Moscow, my friend, thanks for joining us. I remember you're a good player when you make the effort, so hopefully you'll keep up now.

EMC is super weird for keeping his vote on himself for ages while he was the lead wagon, but I see he has moved it now.

@Rdrivera: Why on earth did you claim your role so early, and under no pressure? What was the point of that exactly?
Jamiet is also a scumread of mine. His tone and early inquisition against MF all felt very forced.

Noone else feeling this?
I partly agree. However, the problem is that Jamie always feels forced to me and I’ve incorrectly scumread him too many times for it. Because of that, I don’t think he’s a good lynch today, at least until we have more to go on. But the whole “Moscow, my friend” and “you’re a good player” reek of buddying, agreed.

MoscowFleet

#1056 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:

##vote bo
And let’s say he posts tomorrow that it was a reaction test, then what do we do?

Foxcastle

#1057 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm around for about 30 minutes, and then will be sneaking EOD on my phone while in a meeting.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1058 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:

##vote bo
He had all the opportunity in the world to confirm his role and chose not to even though he knows that he could and probably will have his power wasted overnight if he actually is town. That would make him a useless player in my book. That's not something a town PR does.

I already explained why I think it's scummy, on top of explaining why it makes no sense for town. Likewise, I want information, and I think there's a fair chance we get a boatload of information if he's scum considering so many people lined up to put his head on a stick but nobody else has so far had the balls to do it. That would be a damn good day 1 lynch.

I'm curious, though. Have you read anything up to this point? You've been absent all day, which you explained, but now you're here. Yet it doesn't seem like you're putting your best foot forward right now.

bozotheclown

#1059 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:21 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:05 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:

Lol. So either I start posting and I’m only showing up to avoid the lynch, or I continue lurking and you guys (rightfully) policy me. Get out of here.
It wasn't just showing up, it was what you did. You strongly scum read foodcoats but voted for emc, your counterwagon. Then you unvoted emc before he had posted again after you had diverted some of the pressure on you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1060 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:46 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:28 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Lurkers aren't as beneficial to the town. If you hit a town lurker, it's better than hitting an active town.
Hitting a lurker give us no info, better to hold the shot in this case as it's 75% to hit a town.
The vig shot is not listed in the order of night actions, so it is not clear if you can get a shot off N1 if you are the NK. Do you know the answer to this?
Yes, I can shoot at night but the shot is processed at EON. But I don't know in which order, I suspect it's at same time as NK so it can be RBed.