Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6181 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:17 am

Percy was xorx's potential BA read so once Balki was out with his failure BA read the leftover scum team decided that maybe xorx was right and decided to rb Percy. But that also failed.

There's not a lot of people left to be BA. It's not me, Squigs, Connor or Percy or damo. It's likely not Fox either because of the d1 reporter scan.

That leaves Chippe, ND, ET, Flav.

Maybe it's Flav. He would have killed Fox by now tho. Although his tunneling on trprado and then prados death and his weird reaction to Balki being the BA might point to the other direction. I don't feel like it's Chippe, I don't know if Chippe kills peterlund here. He could be a fantastic actor though and misleading us with the whole kill Connor thing but I just don't think so.

I feel like it's between ND and Flav.

I guess it could be et but he seemed so chill at his almost death on d2 that I'm struggling to see it.

Durga

#6182 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 am

Ok my best guess is ND - damo - fox scum team with Flav as BA.

ChippeRock

#6183 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 am
Are you sure you linked the right post? He doesn't defend himself at all in that post, he goes after other players and speculates on the BA
My point was that all of last (Mafia) night (and in that post I linked), damo was vigorously defending himself while also aggressively pushing connor as scum at the same time.

damo666

#6184 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am
Let's talk Blind Assassin

It's vital the BA is lynched. Remember SCUM CANNOT NK the BA. Once identified they can keep roleblocking whilst the Hooker remains alive but they cannot kill him by assassination.

THE BLIND ASSASSIN MUST BE LYNCHED

We must not let the BA win by default by creeping into the last 3.

Now let us consider which remaining players could be BA

IMPOSSIBLE

Durga - Innocent Child

UNLIKELY

Fox - Reported at home N1. Could have decided not to act until getting a home report and therefore an apparent clear and getting lucky N1 but that seems too far fetched to me although it is interesting that BA didn't kill N1.

Percy - Uncc'd RB claim N4. Would be an enormous gamble to take to try and appear clear. Possible Scum held their RB last night to set up a fake claim and establish a quasi clear but would they do that at this stage of the game? Unlikely imo but possible.

Squigs - Uncc'd RB N2. Again would be an enormous gamble to take. I think it much more likely that this is a case of scum holding RB to set up a fake claim and thereby an apparent townclear.

POSSIBLES

Chips
Connor
damo
et
Flav
ND

Of these I think CONNOR is most likely but far from definite. Why did both him and me survive the night? Curious. But then why not just kill me? I guess because he was confident I would get lynched today over him and could get in an extra kill. Another quandary is why bother to fake claim RB? This is a bit strange, maybe it was to throw shade on me? Maybe he is not BA and is scum trying to shade me. I dunno.

I realise the argument against Connor could apply to me but there are subtle differences: I claimed first; my claim is not fake; I am writing this advocating lynching BA.

My next best guess is CHIPS. He kept banging on about the BA having to kill either Connor or me and Peterlund ends up dead. I find this somewhat more than curious.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE BA IS LYNCHED.

Jamiet99uk

#6185 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:19 pm

VOTE SUMMARY

Damo's on eight, Connor has two.
If that's how it stays, Damo's lynch will go through.
Six hours, forty minutes, is the time that remains,
in Day Five of this super fun Mafia game.

damo666

#6186 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Tick tock, tick tock.

Percy Williams

#6187 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:47 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 pm
It is damo/et/Percy or damo/et/fox

I have ruled everyone else out.
I Can't be scum, as everyone who gets roleblocked is a vanilla town clear, unless the BA doesn't kill that night. Since I've got an uncontested claim, then that means that either I'm telling the truth, or the mafia didn't role block anyone, and told me to claim it. I don't think the mafia can afford to not know who the BA is. To scum read me, you also have to explain why Xorxes busses me so early, and to his deathbed, and why I voted him before a wagon forms.

Foxcastle

#6188 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:47 pm
ND wrote:

I Can't be scum, as everyone who gets roleblocked is a vanilla town clear, unless the BA doesn't kill that night. Since I've got an uncontested claim, then that means that either I'm telling the truth, or the mafia didn't role block anyone, and told me to claim it. I don't think the mafia can afford to not know who the BA is. To scum read me, you also have to explain why Xorxes busses me so early, and to his deathbed, and why I voted him before a wagon forms.
I think it's possible that scum would holster a RB to try to clear a deep threat. Implying the Mafia wouldn't roleblock is already false: they holstered (or RB's their target, but that doesn't make sense, since it'd be one more person to be tracked and the Bailiff couldn't jail himself) to try to get Xorxes some towncred on D1. They've had a natural advantage the whole game in trying to narrow down/deduce who the BA could be, so I think it's reasonable that they balanced what they already know about who the BA could be with the value of possibly getting a deep threat to the endgame and chose the latter.

Another falsehood exposed: your vote on Xorxes was the 5th vote, and his wagon was already in the lead. (You voted only for Bozo D1 and only for Espresso D2.)

ND

#6189 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

That's right. Just because you were "roleblocked" doesn't mean you actually were if you are mafia and held it then that would be a ploy for you to set up saying something like that. In any case, the final slot on the team is between you and Fox for me so i am weighing in my mind how likely that is over you actually just being RB.

Foxcastle

#6190 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:28 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm
That's right. Just because you were "roleblocked" doesn't mean you actually were if you are mafia and held it then that would be a ploy for you to set up saying something like that. In any case, the final slot on the team is between you and Fox for me so i am weighing in my mind how likely that is over you actually just being RB.
You don't find it interesting that he lied about his vote?

ND

#6191 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm

I just checked the bot looks like he voted Xorxes second on the counter D3.

Percy Williams

#6192 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
ND wrote:

I think it's possible that scum would holster a RB to try to clear a deep threat. Implying the Mafia wouldn't roleblock is already false: they holstered (or RB's their target, but that doesn't make sense, since it'd be one more person to be tracked and the Bailiff couldn't jail himself) to try to get Xorxes some towncred on D1. They've had a natural advantage the whole game in trying to narrow down/deduce who the BA could be, so I think it's reasonable that they balanced what they already know about who the BA could be with the value of possibly getting a deep threat to the endgame and chose the latter.

Another falsehood exposed: your vote on Xorxes was the 5th vote, and his wagon was already in the lead. (You voted only for Bozo D1 and only for Espresso D2.)
Straight from the bot:

Votes Day 3
------------
xorxes (10): Durga, Percy Williams, Nephthys, teacon7, ND, et, rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous, Squigs44, FlaviusAetius
teacon7 (4): peterlund, damo666, connorcompton, Foxcastle
Foxcastle (1): ChippeRock
Percy Williams (1): xorxes

End-votes (0/15): -
Highest end-vote count was 1 for Balki Bartokomous at 46:50 before deadline.

Non-votes: -

Percy Williams

#6193 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Thanks ND for actually looking at stuff.

ND

#6194 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:43 pm

I think the point about faking a rb if you are scum is valid. I don't know how likely that is though considering the BA threat. Is it more likely than not is my question. In either event, Fox's point about the vote isn't accurate as the bot confirms.

Durga

#6195 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
ND wrote:

I think it's unlikely you're mafia but you're not clear

Percy Williams

#6196 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:49 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm
I think that the mafia thought I was the BA, because a number of people were BA reading me, as well as possibly Xorxes. I think they're trying to find the BA, because being able to role block him puts control of the game back into the mafia's hands.
I'll accept that they could have held, and I can't think of any way to prove that they did, except that I was role blocked. I'm just saying that those are the three main things that anyone who wants to scum read me has to explain.

Percy Williams

#6197 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 pm

While we're here I'd like to point out that if we can beat the mafia before getting down to three people, we don't have to kill the BA.

Foxcastle

#6198 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Thanks ND for actually looking at stuff.
Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Straight from the bot:

Votes Day 3
------------
xorxes (10): Durga, Percy Williams, Nephthys, teacon7, ND, et, rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous, Squigs44, FlaviusAetius
teacon7 (4): peterlund, damo666, connorcompton, Foxcastle
Foxcastle (1): ChippeRock
Percy Williams (1): xorxes
No. Now you're both lying.

I'm looking at the vote tracker. You voted Xorxes at 21:20 before EOD. At that time, you were the fifth vote on Xorxes, behind: me (41:03), Squigs (24:22), Durga (24:19), and Balki (22:14).

It only looks like you were voting him early because Squigs, Balki, and I moved off him to other votes before ending on him.

You are either trying to manufacture the appearance that you were supporting Xorxe's lynch earlier than you did (scummy), or you don't remember your own progression on him (possible, NAI).

Funny that you barely mentioned Xorxes until his wagon came up on Day 3, too...

ChippeRock

#6199 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Well, my vote flip has generated no action from scum - damo has also gone awfully quite, so I hope it's the silence of resigned scum... ##VOTE damo666 Guess we'll see if damo's getting bussed by his teammates.

Foxcastle

#6200 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm

[Correction to my previous post: I ended on Teacon, obviously. Squigs and Balki went back to Xorxes, though.]