Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6141 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am

Let's talk Blind Assassin

It's vital the BA is lynched. Remember SCUM CANNOT NK the BA. Once identified they can keep roleblocking whilst the Hooker remains alive but they cannot kill him by assassination.

THE BLIND ASSASSIN MUST BE LYNCHED

We must not let the BA win by default by creeping into the last 3.

Now let us consider which remaining players could be BA

IMPOSSIBLE

Durga - Innocent Child

UNLIKELY

Fox - Reported at home N1. Could have decided not to act until getting a home report and therefore an apparent clear and getting lucky N1 but that seems too far fetched to me although it is interesting that BA didn't kill N1.

Percy - Uncc'd RB claim N4. Would be an enormous gamble to take to try and appear clear. Possible Scum held their RB last night to set up a fake claim and establish a quasi clear but would they do that at this stage of the game? Unlikely imo but possible.

Squigs - Uncc'd RB N2. Again would be an enormous gamble to take. I think it much more likely that this is a case of scum holding RB to set up a fake claim and thereby an apparent townclear.

POSSIBLES

Chips
Connor
damo
et
Flav
ND

Of these I think CONNOR is most likely but far from definite. Why did both him and me survive the night? Curious. But then why not just kill me? I guess because he was confident I would get lynched today over him and could get in an extra kill. Another quandary is why bother to fake claim RB? This is a bit strange, maybe it was to throw shade on me? Maybe he is not BA and is scum trying to shade me. I dunno.

I realise the argument against Connor could apply to me but there are subtle differences: I claimed first; my claim is not fake; I am writing this advocating lynching BA.

My next best guess is CHIPS. He kept banging on about the BA having to kill either Connor or me and Peterlund ends up dead. I find this somewhat more than curious.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE BA IS LYNCHED.

Jamiet99uk

#6142 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 pm

VOTE COUNT 5.1

damo666(8) - ND, connorcompton, FlaviusAetius, Foxcastle, Squigs44, Percy Williams, Durga, et
connorcompton(2) - damo666, ChippeRock

Currently DAMO666 is scheduled to be executed.

30 hours and 33 minutes remain in Day Five.

Durga

#6143 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Hey Chippe, let's talk like civilised adults. Can you explain your staunch defense of Moscowfleet to me? You were incredibly defensive of lynching him d1 and d2 and I just want your updated thoughts on it. IIRC you created a case as to why he's more likely to be town.

Durga

#6144 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:46 pm

@damo - can you explain why scum wouldn't roleblock Connor if he was BA and they initially roleblocked you? They knew he fake claimed, and VT wouldn't do that. So why didn't they roleblock him?

damo666

#6145 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:46 pm
@damo - can you explain why scum wouldn't roleblock Connor if he was BA and they initially roleblocked you? They knew he fake claimed, and VT wouldn't do that. So why didn't they roleblock him?
I don't know. Assuming Percy is telling the truth they must have suspected him more than Connor.

Maybe to confiscate.

Maybe they are stupid.

damo666

#6146 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm
Durga wrote:
I don't know. Assuming Percy is telling the truth they must have suspected him more than Connor.

Maybe to confiscate.

Maybe they are stupid.
Obfuscate not confiscate!

Durga

#6147 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Durga wrote:

Maybe to confiscate.

Maybe they are stupid.
But you've got to admit that a VT fake claiming is really sus right? Mafia would surely have roleblocked Connor if he fake claimed?

FlaviusAetius

#6148 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:49 am
Flav, I'll take another look at Fox but I'm voting damo today.

Even thu we just spent all day on that I'll look over it all again.
Thank you

FlaviusAetius

#6149 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:16 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 am
Okay, I don't like this early full wagon on damo.

Though I can't understand damo's actions - he's probably scum, but perhaps he's idiot town - but either damo's scum buddies are completely bussing him or damo is legitimately town.

But I want to find out which of those it is, and while I think damo is the scummiest out of everyone, having such a lopsided early vote isn't going to bring us any information from the votes and vote flips.

So, for now, I will ##VOTE connorcompton. We'll see what happens, but competitive wagons brings town more information than an easy wagon.
Dude we've exhausted this conversation for a few days now, when it comes to damo v connor, its damo 100%
Now in my opinion I think we should just let the BA get an easy kill on damo, but I dont see much movement, if someone is willing to join FoxCastle with me, lets make it happen
We thought it was an easy kill, then they killed Peter. I wouldn't mind lynching Fox, but I wouldn't be sad if everyone stayed on damo though.
Is this a confirmation you will join Fox with me?

connorcompton

#6150 Post by connorcompton » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm
connorcompton wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 am

Dude we've exhausted this conversation for a few days now, when it comes to damo v connor, its damo 100%
Now in my opinion I think we should just let the BA get an easy kill on damo, but I dont see much movement, if someone is willing to join FoxCastle with me, lets make it happen
We thought it was an easy kill, then they killed Peter. I wouldn't mind lynching Fox, but I wouldn't be sad if everyone stayed on damo though.
I think I'm going to have to wait a bit first. See if anybody else supports the idea. After all, I am more sure of damo's scumminess than Fox.

FlaviusAetius

#6151 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm
connorcompton wrote:

I think I'm going to have to wait a bit first. See if anybody else supports the idea. After all, I am more sure of damo's scumminess than Fox.
I am too, but get this; the BA is really just trying his best right now, he might get a few lucky shots, but there is no guarantee he is going to keep getting it right, instead lets give him a layup shot with damo, while we the hard sleuthing and lynch FoxCastle also @Percy coming at you right now with all of the examples

FlaviusAetius

#6152 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 pm

of all the dead towns people scumreading FoxCastle

et

#6153 Post by et » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm

@Flav
Dead's read is not always right.
If you think Fox is scum, you need to explain by yourselves words.
In my case, I felt Fox scummy because of Fox's reading on teacon(from Night2 to Day4), and voting himself,.(To be honest I haven't finished rereading Fox. So, there might be my misunderstood. Sorry.)

Percy Williams

#6154 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:51 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am
Let's talk Blind Assassin

It's vital the BA is lynched. Remember SCUM CANNOT NK the BA. Once identified they can keep roleblocking whilst the Hooker remains alive but they cannot kill him by assassination.

THE BLIND ASSASSIN MUST BE LYNCHED

We must not let the BA win by default by creeping into the last 3.

Now let us consider which remaining players could be BA

IMPOSSIBLE

Durga - Innocent Child

UNLIKELY

Fox - Reported at home N1. Could have decided not to act until getting a home report and therefore an apparent clear and getting lucky N1 but that seems too far fetched to me although it is interesting that BA didn't kill N1.

Percy - Uncc'd RB claim N4. Would be an enormous gamble to take to try and appear clear. Possible Scum held their RB last night to set up a fake claim and establish a quasi clear but would they do that at this stage of the game? Unlikely imo but possible.

Squigs - Uncc'd RB N2. Again would be an enormous gamble to take. I think it much more likely that this is a case of scum holding RB to set up a fake claim and thereby an apparent townclear.

POSSIBLES

Chips
Connor
damo
et
Flav
ND

Of these I think CONNOR is most likely but far from definite. Why did both him and me survive the night? Curious. But then why not just kill me? I guess because he was confident I would get lynched today over him and could get in an extra kill. Another quandary is why bother to fake claim RB? This is a bit strange, maybe it was to throw shade on me? Maybe he is not BA and is scum trying to shade me. I dunno.

I realise the argument against Connor could apply to me but there are subtle differences: I claimed first; my claim is not fake; I am writing this advocating lynching BA.

My next best guess is CHIPS. He kept banging on about the BA having to kill either Connor or me and Peterlund ends up dead. I find this somewhat more than curious.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE BA IS LYNCHED.
I would argue that the Ba cannot be In Damo/Connor. For this, I will presume that the Mafia did roleblock, but even if they didn't it would be Scum/Scum. The Mafia know who the fake claim is, because they did it. They also know if the fake claimant is Mafia or not mafia. If the fake claimant is not Mafia, they can presume that he is BA since VT wouldn't fake claim. The disclaimer becomes the obvious rb, and since they didn't roadblock in Damo/Connor, we know that they know the fakeclaimer is Mafia. They have no reason to Rb a vanilla town again or a Mafia. The Ba might not want to kill between them for three reasons.
1. They might be too unsure of which was scum 2. They might have wanted to kill a town, see my proposal earlier on this. 3 They just knew Peterlund was Mafia. If it's 3, well done Ba.

ChippeRock

#6155 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:43 pm
Hey Chippe, let's talk like civilised adults. Can you explain your staunch defense of Moscowfleet to me? You were incredibly defensive of lynching him d1 and d2 and I just want your updated thoughts on it. IIRC you created a case as to why he's more likely to be town.
Durga, MoscowFleet's play was NAI - he clearly was not able to play the game do to IRL stuff (which is why he had to have a replacement).

The reason why I defended him was because everyone wanted to lynch him because he "lurked last game, and he was scum last game" - so I went and did an analysis on his previous games (if you want to understand my staunch defense of MoscowFleet, you should bother to read it). My analysis found that scum or town, MoscowFleet usually lurked to some degree, but this game, he was lurking to an extreme - and since he had never lurked anywhere near this degree, people shouldn't decide he's scum based on his activity, because that was unfair, since he was clearly not participating due to some IRL things (which is again, why he had to have a replacement).

These thoughts obviously didn't carry over to peterlund - they were just my opinions on MoscowFleet, which I stand by. I never vigorously defended peterlund's play, I don't even recall defending his play at all. MoscowFleet's play was extremely unusual for him, so it was completely NAI - and the fact that he flipped scum had nothing to do with his lack of activity (that was due to his IRL stuff).

I don't expect you to understand this point of view - in fact, you'll probably conveniently misunderstand it, but at least bother to read the analysis linked above - it was completely ignored (save for perhaps Balki) by everyone, and I think it should of gotten more attention considering it was a perfectly good analysis that significantly contributed to the game.

damo666

#6156 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:05 pm
damo666 wrote:
Durga wrote:

Maybe to confiscate.

Maybe they are stupid.
But you've got to admit that a VT fake claiming is really sus right? Mafia would surely have roleblocked Connor if he fake claimed?
I agree Connor is not VT. Your argument implies he is more likely to be mafia than ba.

FlaviusAetius

#6157 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:31 pm

The people who scumread him

Carl--Just look at all of night 1, Carl was all over this man
all of which FoxCastle responded to zero of it

Espresso scumreads him, look at this quote; Foxcastle - Doesn’t provide strong reasons for why he’s voting. Very hedgy with reads.
He has him under his scumreads, nothing has changed so far about FoxCastle

TrPrado at the end of EoN2 actually thinks FoxCastle is scum as well

rdrivera-- Foxcastle - I am pretty sure Fox is scum and probably a good lynch for next day. Town Fox is usually a vocal and solid player that pushes cashes and in this game he is just coasting and throwing shadow, instead of building cases. I had this feeling since D1 and just can ́t find anything on him to change my mind, even making an effort to try to get out of this tunnel.

Nepthys--There is so much circumstantial evidence against fox plus I don't like how he really doesn't seem that focused on solving.

The people who originally did, but we're beginning to change their opinions(due to his trickery)

Tom, initially heavily scumread him, then after a brief reread he was 'coming around on him', look at my Day 2 ISO of FoxCastle is just prove Tom was wrong here, and should of stuck to his gut

The people who said nothing;

bozo, has literally said nothing about FoxCastle
darg, said NOTHING about FoxCastle

teacon is the only and the only person who actually didnt scumread FoxCastle

Is it every single dead townsperson? No. Is it a heck of a lot of people. Yes Yes and Yes.
Lynch this man

FlaviusAetius

#6158 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 pm

et wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm
@Flav
In my case, I felt Fox scummy because of Fox's reading on teacon(from Night2 to Day4), and voting himself,.(To be honest I haven't finished rereading Fox. So, there might be my misunderstood. Sorry.)
I did an ISO on him, another person who didnt even care to read it
:facesmack:

damo666

#6159 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:17 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:31 pm
The people who scumread him

Carl--Just look at all of night 1, Carl was all over this man
all of which FoxCastle responded to zero of it

Espresso scumreads him, look at this quote; Foxcastle - Doesn’t provide strong reasons for why he’s voting. Very hedgy with reads.
He has him under his scumreads, nothing has changed so far about FoxCastle

TrPrado at the end of EoN2 actually thinks FoxCastle is scum as well

rdrivera-- Foxcastle - I am pretty sure Fox is scum and probably a good lynch for next day. Town Fox is usually a vocal and solid player that pushes cashes and in this game he is just coasting and throwing shadow, instead of building cases. I had this feeling since D1 and just can ́t find anything on him to change my mind, even making an effort to try to get out of this tunnel.

Nepthys--There is so much circumstantial evidence against fox plus I don't like how he really doesn't seem that focused on solving.

The people who originally did, but we're beginning to change their opinions(due to his trickery)

Tom, initially heavily scumread him, then after a brief reread he was 'coming around on him', look at my Day 2 ISO of FoxCastle is just prove Tom was wrong here, and should of stuck to his gut

The people who said nothing;

bozo, has literally said nothing about FoxCastle
darg, said NOTHING about FoxCastle

teacon is the only and the only person who actually didnt scumread FoxCastle

Is it every single dead townsperson? No. Is it a heck of a lot of people. Yes Yes and Yes.
Lynch this man
What does this prove?

ND

#6160 Post by ND » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 pm
et wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm
@Flav
I did an ISO on him, another person who didnt even care to read it
:facesmack:
Dude, ET doesn't give AF. ET is scum. I am extremely confident in my case on ET.

As for Fox, I've started yet another re-read. But, I am going to vote Damo today. I firmly believe that Damo is scum.