Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6881 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:03 am

I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and couldn't stop thinking about the game and especially the mafia interactions with Fox vs Connor. I changed my mind, I think Connor is the last mafia.

Now that that's done hopefully my brain will let me fall asleep

Percy Williams

#6882 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 pm

So It's either Connor or Fox, and my coin flip determines my vote. Got it.

Wait... maybe Squigs just hates the vowel "O"

Foxcastle

#6883 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 pm

No. Your "coin flip" does not determine your vote if you're in the endgame. Your careful analysis of the game as a whole does.

Foxcastle

#6884 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:10 am
This game is reminding me of M37 when it was Rdrivera vs Flash in the finals, and Rdrivera was the more methodical analytical guy and Flash was playing his first game and was pretty genuine, and it ended up being Rdrivera who was mafia.

So, vote Foxy?

I keep going back and forth cause I really dont want to be wrong but I think Foxy really is the last mafia.
What is this? You're reading tea leaves off the ass of a game that's nearly a year old and actions by players who aren't even relevant?

Foxcastle

#6885 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:54 pm

UGH. I have not had time to do a lot of real work on this (sorry, work got busy yesterday/today). But I have suspicion everywhere!

Connor is a big question, because at this point, the scumteam could have set up Damo to take the fall and semi-townclear Connor for the endgame. But I'm just not sure how much sense that makes with et as a deep threat. Et only got taken down because ND ratted him out. Otherwise, I don't think he even would have been considered for voting on D7...

Percy Williams

#6886 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 pm

No. Your "coin flip" does not determine your vote if you're in the endgame. Your careful analysis of the game as a whole does.
Poe's law strikes again!
I don't do anything by complete chance in Mafia.

yavuzovic

#6887 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Squigs wrote:The two players on teacon that have flipped area all mafia, and the third and fourth are Fox and Connor. Fox was originally voting for Xorxes before switching to teacon to "create discussion". But then he doesnt talk about teacon. He just asks people to consolidate to either teacon or Xorxes without any real explanation. Kinda weird play from Fox here on day 3.
Connors vote is definitely scummier, as he ties the wagons at 5-5 teacon Xorxes without really explaining his vote on teacon. He drops the vote and doesn't post for the rest of the day, staying at 10 posts total.
Percy and Flav are on Xorxes, which could be bussing, so those votes are NAI.

&

Mafia definitely wanted Fox alive. All of the flipped mafia were on teacon (peter, damo, et). Peter's vote was the first cast for the day, but ets and damos came when the vote was tied at 3 a piece and 4 a piece. Either mafia were trying really hard to setup Fox's eventual mislynch, or they were saving the precious roleblocker. The RBr really is valuable to mafia at this point because it gives them an extra chance to find the BA. Fox looks real scummy here, not because of anything Fox did, but because of what mafia did.
Nobody refused these including Fox, so I will consider this right without reading the referred part of the game. I completely agree with Squig's reads and even if I had a small time townreading Foxcastle he now seems scummy to me. I also want to reread the last times of et where he continued knowing he will flip scum. I will try to understand what he were doing.

yavuzovic

#6888 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:15 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:26 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm
I say scum is with us on et and decide to jump off. Let's see LyLo
##vote no-lynch
Wait, what? could you be more specific?
I see I confused up but you were like surprised here. Scum voting for his teammate and already conceded his lynch - but then sees a town saving him? I also admit I was contradicting myself but this is because I didn't had an actual arguement for townreading et and said I see both scum on wagon and et is my top suspect and something more just contradict with what I said before. You can be confused for this too - I don't have a clear opinion but you also are in my radar.

yavuzovic

#6889 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Connor to be honest I scumread you with my guts more than my logic. It wouldn't be much different if only logic though. They say similar things.

yavuzovic

#6890 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:24 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:33 pm
Whoo! I was really worried we were voting for a townie, I townread him so long, and he put up a good fight. I can almost taste our victory now. :-D
:? I also suspect Percy for this post and being slightly absent though. Avoiding activity is scum indicative if a person isn't suspected by many people and there is already an arguement (or multiple arguements) about other players. Anyway I too sometimes have real life issues & time zone based absences too and this isn't really AI. The most innocent vibes come from Squigs, at this point I trust him that much and I almost can say even he is confirmed town.

Percy Williams

#6891 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:24 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Whoo! I was really worried we were voting for a townie, I townread him so long, and he put up a good fight. I can almost taste our victory now. :-D
:? I also suspect Percy for this post and being slightly absent though. Avoiding activity is scum indicative if a person isn't suspected by many people and there is already an arguement (or multiple arguements) about other players. Anyway I too sometimes have real life issues & time zone based absences too and this isn't really AI. The most innocent vibes come from Squigs, at this point I trust him that much and I almost can say even he is confirmed town.
Squigs is our town Bastion. Fact.

connorcompton

#6892 Post by connorcompton » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:09 pm

So Squigs has pitted me against Fox... I liked your vote analysis, it was almost comforting. I think Fox is probably scum, but I'm not willing to discard the chances of Percy though.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#6893 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:24 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Squigs is our town Bastion. Fact.
Why can't I be universally townread like this when I'm mafia :cry:

yavuzovic

#6894 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 pm

I'm having tiring days at work this week so I need to sleep to collect myself. I don't think I can participate EoN but I can make a surprise like I did yesterday. If I die - because I will think mafia is between connor, fox and Percy; and mafia would likely leave those three to end to make everyone suspect each other - personally I'd do this, I and Squigs are most likely to die here.

Foxcastle

#6895 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:55 pm

I doubt I die tonight or tomorrow—I look scummy, so I'm easy bait for the final mislynch—but if I do, focus on Connor and Percy. There's some chance Connor's RB claim was a setup by the scumteam to get him to the endgame. If Squigs is in the final three, start from the assumption that he's scum, because I really don't see any mafia keeping him around; but if he's mafia, obviously he can't get rid of himself.

Jamiet99uk

#6896 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:00 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED
SO PLEASE HOL

Jamiet99uk

#6897 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:00 pm

*HOLD

Jamiet99uk

#6898 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm

END OF NIGHT 7

Phoenix was stressed. He needed to let off some steam. He'd heard that one of the city's most celebrated rock bands had gotten back together, or at least, their remaining members. He decided to see if he could get a last minute ticket for the show.

It had begun to rain over the arena as the band took to the stage late in the evening. Wright could see that the original lead singer and guitarist, Klavier Gavin, was joined by his old drummer and keyboard player. He never could remember their names.

Despite the continuing rain, the crowd cheered and applauded as the band launched into their old hit single, "13 Years Hard Time for Love". Gavin stepped to the lip of the stage and ripped into the song's distinctive guitar solo.

Suddenly, something was wrong! His face contorted with pain, and he began to spasm and shake. Sparks flew from his speakers! The guitar itself burst into flame in his hands! There was a loud bang, and the stage lights went out.

Phoenix rushed to the stage to see if he could help. A security guard blocked his path.

"Step back sir, it's too late. I'm afraid he's gone. Electrocuted, you see. Tragic. All this rainwater must have gotten into the stage equipment."

The ace attorney peered at the scene.

"I don't think so! This looks like an act of sabotage. An act... of murder!"

SQUIGS44 has died. He was KLAVIER GAVIN, the VT.

DAY 8 HAS BEGUN
You may post.

connorcompton

#6899 Post by connorcompton » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 pm

RIP Squigs.
Now anyone here could be Mafia. Oh no.

##VOTE No-Lynch

connorcompton

#6900 Post by connorcompton » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Breaking that 350-page record will be hard with 4 people left, though I'll give it a

go.