Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6301 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm
Eh I was just looking at the tally. I wouldn't call that a 'defense'. I think that is a bit overboard.
ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:31 pm
ET + Fox

or

ET + Percy

One of those two combinations is the scum team.
The first quote is ND's response to me asking Percy why ND would defend him.

I just find it a little odd. Like maybe ND slipped up for a moment and started defending his scummate before realizing that the plan was to bus his scummate to try to get him towncred for the endgame.

Foxcastle

#6302 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm

et wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 pm
Fox-ND
Percy-ND
Connor-ND
Connor-Percy
Fox-Chippe
Are these pairs you think are or are not the scumteam?

Durga

#6303 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 pm
ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Last game M1007 I realized that it was pointless to try and draw conclusions from your play because you are literally the worst player on this website and I am completely biased against you.
Someone's getting really defensive
ND: States something true.
Durga: *shocked pikachu face*
You're both completely psycho FWIW. It's kinda cute to see you both gang up to hate on me. If only I still kept your third stooge teacon alive.

If either of you are town though you'll stop attacking me personally for the night and try to figure the game out with me. That's only if either of you are town I guess. Which is seeming more and more unlikely.

Foxcastle

#6304 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:58 pm

CHIPPE, CONNOR
CHIPPE, ET
CHIPPE, FLAVIUS
CHIPPE, FOXCASTLE
CHIPPE, ND
CHIPPE, PERCY
CHIPPE, SQUIGS
CONNOR, ET
CONNOR, FLAVIUS
CONNOR, FOXCASTLE
CONNOR, ND
CONNOR, PERCY

CONNOR, SQUIGS
ET, FLAVIUS
ET, FOXCASTLE
ET, ND
ET, PERCY
ET, SQUIGS
FLAVIUS, FOXCASTLE
FLAVIUS, ND
FLAVIUS, PERCY
FLAVIUS, SQUIGS
FOXCASTLE, ND
FOXCASTLE, PERCY*
FOXCASTLE, SQUIGS
ND, PERCY
ND, SQUIGS
PERCY, SQUIGS

ChippeRock

#6305 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Someone's getting really defensive
You're both completely psycho FWIW. It's kinda cute to see you both gang up to hate on me. If only I still kept your third stooge teacon alive.

If either of you are town though you'll stop attacking me personally for the night and try to figure the game out with me. That's only if either of you are town I guess. Which is seeming more and more unlikely.
You know, what's funny is that you've completely ignored that BOTH teacon7 AND Foxcastle were on your case at the EoD - but you've conveniently ignored that. At least, that's the way I seem to recall it - but if you're willing to offer up proof that ONLY teacon7 was on your case at the EoD, I'm happy to change my opinion.

Durga

#6306 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:06 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:03 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 pm
ChippeRock wrote:

You know, what's funny is that you've completely ignored that BOTH teacon7 AND Foxcastle were on your case at the EoD - but you've conveniently ignored that. At least, that's the way I seem to recall it - but if you're willing to offer up proof that ONLY teacon7 was on your case at the EoD, I'm happy to change my opinion.
There's a difference between scum reading me and personally attacking me.

Durga

#6307 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Anyway, fox your weird pairing thing isn't doing anything. Pls stop posting it. And we can't entirely rule out Connor as scum but I think he should be considered last.

Foxcastle

#6308 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 pm
Anyway, fox your weird pairing thing isn't doing anything. Pls stop posting it. And we can't entirely rule out Connor as scum but I think he should be considered last.
I think it's useful data for people to contribute to. So you'll just have to scroll past it. And for the purposes of this exercise at this point in the ame, "should be considered last" is clear enough that I'm marking him off.

Durga

#6309 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Durga wrote:
I think it's useful data for people to contribute to. So you'll just have to scroll past it. And for the purposes of this exercise at this point in the ame, "should be considered last" is clear enough that I'm marking him off.
I don't entirely mind but can you explain it a bit more

Foxcastle

#6310 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:20 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Durga wrote:
I don't entirely mind but can you explain it a bit more
It's just POE writ large.

You take the list of every possible 2-person scum team remaining. (You're not on the list because you're town clear, of course.) Then you remove any team that can be reasonably justified as not being scum together.

So ET and ND are almost certainly not scum together. Take that team off. Same for me and Flavius, and me and Percy (I linked to where Percy suggested it, so there's a record of who proposed what).

I took Squigs off because he's townie enough that we should consider him last, same for Connor per your suggestion that he should be last on our list.

If anyone wants to go back to Day 2, they could possibly find pairs with et to exclude. I've looked at votes on D1 and didn't really find anyone else to exclude that wasn't already there (Chippe and Squigs would have been excluded, if Squigs weren't already off the table). And the vote record for days 2-5 aren't particularly useful (again, maybe something with et).

So if people remember a really good spat that they're sure is authentic, or other actions from previous days, we can maybe at least narrow it down.

Or just wait until tomorrow and lynch ND. I'm good with that. I think it's ND and Percy.

Durga

#6311 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Who do you think is scum now btw?

ND

#6312 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 pm

ND and Percy

Stupid AF

ND

#6313 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm
ND wrote:
Eh I was just looking at the tally. I wouldn't call that a 'defense'. I think that is a bit overboard.
-snip-

I just find it a little odd. Like maybe ND slipped up for a moment and started defending his scummate before realizing that the plan was to bus his scummate to try to get him towncred for the endgame.
Extremely stupid. I never make connections when I am scum. I despise doing it. I would go out of my way to defend Percy (my alleged partner) when neither of us have any chance of getting lynched while simultaneously being the lead vote on Damo? Beyond idiocy. That's not how I play scum. Ever.

if you are going to say I'm 'scum' then at least throw something original at me. Not this BS dumpster crap. But then again there is a good chance either you or Percy are scum with ET. So, my ISO will reveal which of you is more likely.

ND

#6314 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pm

wouldn't*

Foxcastle

#6315 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 pm
ND because of how he's tunneling on et mostly, and not actually solving. I've seen him do that before as scum. And I think he's had some weird interactions with Percy that make me think they could be scum together.

But I also townread et and Connor pretty heavily. And squigs also. I townread Chippe and Flavius to a lesser extent, but I just haven't found a good reason to townread Percy.

I don't really have any idea about BA, though.

Foxcastle

#6316 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm
ND wrote:
-snip-

Extremely stupid. I never make connections when I am scum. I despise doing it. I would go out of my way to defend Percy (my alleged partner) when neither of us have any chance of getting lynched while simultaneously being the lead bussers on Damo? Because we knew he was scummy AF and getting lynched. That's not how I play scum. Ever. (Except this time.)

if you are going to say I'm 'scum' then at least throw something original at me. Not this BS dumpster crap. But then again there is a good chance either you or Percy are scum with ET. So, my ISO will reveal which of you is more likely.
:eyeroll: Always a thrill to be lectured about building a case by those who can't/wont' do it themselves.

worcej

#6317 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm

##GM Note: the town do need to get the BA via lynching. If the scum team is eliminated, but the BA lives, the game continues.

ChippeRock

#6318 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 pm
Durga wrote:
ND because of how he's tunneling on et mostly, and not actually solving. I've seen him do that before as scum. And I think he's had some weird interactions with Percy that make me think they could be scum together.

But I also townread et and Connor pretty heavily. And squigs also. I townread Chippe and Flavius to a lesser extent, but I just haven't found a good reason to townread Percy.

Doesn't ND play differently every time he plays Mafia? What would his old Mafia games have to do with this current game?

Foxcastle

#6319 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:26 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:06 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 pm
Durga wrote:

Doesn't ND play differently every time he plays Mafia? What would his old Mafia games have to do with this current game?
ND supposedly puts on a different "persona" or "mood" for each game. For example, sometimes he's "angry and crude" and other times he's "belligerent and rude" and other times he's "viciously stupid" or for some games he's "splenetic and abusive" and in other games he's "nebbishly furious" and then sometimes it's "apoplectic and vindictive" and then there are the games where he's "seething and vulgar" or "livid and vulgar" or "hostile and vituperative" or "snaky and brutish" or "derogatory and ranting" or "livid and pejorative" or "shirty and defamatory" or "wrathful and derisive" or "scornful and hostile". That does not mean his previous games aren't useful information about what he might be doing this game.

Oh, also, "fuming and scurrilous." Almost forgot that one.

ND

#6320 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Eh I think that whole thing about me putting on a different hat each game is pretty blown out of proportion tbh. I just play the game. If there was some kind of case to respond too I would, but there isn't. This is just mostly a 'feels' or gut thing.

-I am convinced ET is scum. I'm going to hold that position until he is lynched, or I am NK or lynched.

-I already discussed Percy. I saw the count and he had voted second on it. I wouldn't call that a defense.

-But, trying to argue with a stupid person is pretty fruitless. I don't even know why I bother.